Paris Mafia - Game over, Mimes win!

Balcerzak

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, only two hours left. Well, I'll have to choose between one of Marf and Mancer, then. Mancer is the worst case and the one who's more likely to be lynched, but I prefer that someone shoots him or something since there is a high chance that he's a mime.

So...

Unvote

##Vote: MancerNecro

I choose to risk and go after Mancer. If he's a mime, then we'll still have one more try left, and if we are lucky scum will kill the other mime (pls scum target gorf or prims) instead of a townie. If he's town, well... I think he's less likely to be town than Marf, so I'm willing to bet here. If he's scum, hooray, but I find this very unlikely (but more likely than Marf). Turbolynch me D2 if I fail miserably.

are you calling me gay boi?!

tbh id be surprised if mancer flips mime at all

I couldn't possibly correlate Master Belch with gayness.

Ugh

Mancer's play suggests mime: he's been around on skype to post and avoided posting here, which implies that he doesn't care about the lynch (so not town or scum), would vig but not lynch.

After all of that defense, it kind of looks like Prims is shitposting ITP like when he was SK in Tyne-Wear even though he'll say that it wasn't alignment indicative but /whatever/. I guess I'd be okay with a vig here but he's a lesser concern than Mancer.

Trying to figure out who to vote that isn't Marth but idk, I see mimeness pretty much everywhere.

Town
11. SB. - obvious
5. Refa - townread
4. Baldrick - townread
10. HBC J - meta
8. Psych - gut
7. Rapier - gut
PoE
1. Prims
2. LordKagune
3. Mancernecro
6. Bluedoom
9. HBC Gorf

D1 PoE is too strong.

5%28193%29.png

I just wanted to say something before the end of the day since I have time since I am in class. I am very skeptical on this Mancer lynch because of the fact that if I lean anywhere as to what his alignment may be is that he may be that of a mime. The reason I say this is because the last time I played with him he played of a similar style and I thought he was town over that of scum and now he is playing the same game almost pro-quo and it is scaring me into thinking that he could be mimicking (lol pun) that play to get himself lynched. However, out of everyone today I do not have another option to bring to the table especially with less than an hour left of deadline which makes me sad I am hard-pressed for time due to finals and all that. However, c'est la vie. I am going to be responding to somethings at the moment and I have some questions that probably won't be answered till toMorrow.

##Unvote ##Vote: #HBC J

Was gonna say that Rapier spent time defending Mancer and not really have any scumreads but he made a better effort in his latest post with a Gorf vote even if I think the Gorf Cases are well... I dunno I don't agree with them and I don't think he's scummy for a blind sheep and joke content.

J is worse because in his last post he even hints at a Mancer scumread and he still didn't vote. In fact much of his content is mancer-related but there's still not a vote on this apparent scumread?

I can see the reason behind the votes on me but what do you expect me to respond to those votes? " I'm sorry gais but I'm town and getting scumreads with a few pages into the game is hard"

Can you point out exactly where I said Mancer was a scum-read of mine? I have expressed discontent and confusion with Mancer, but nothing of what I have said has been indicative of me expressing a scum-read on his slot. I explained in the above paragraph that I would lean Mime on Mancer which would actually make me not want to lynch him. You say that I am the worst out of Rapier and I because I do not have a vote on the ground and if that is the case then I can't really defend that because I see no problem in not throwing my vote around. I'm a very reserved voter and when I do get my vote down, it's hard to move me. (Plus meta-aside, when I'm scum I throw my vote around a lot more liberally *hint*, but no one here would know that so this is still a fairish point you are making.)

I really do not get the reason you are voting me if it has correlation to Mancer. So does that mean you have Mancer as a town-read? Or a read of him that isn't scum? What is your read on Gorf since you expressed discontent enough to point it out that Rapier's push bothered you? You say that you think he is a blind sheep and joke content but he still has posts so what vibes do you get from that if you had to pick an alignment for him?

@Gorf: I am all for the playfulness, don't get me wrong, but for me you are starting to slide into a bit too much of the playfulness that I do not like since it is inhibiting you from actually developing reads. So if you could, can you give me your reads on Rapier/Refa for me? Maybe this will help you get into the game more. I also am becoming a bit concerned with you being a mime and if I had a gun, you are my #1 shot candidate at the moment if I am being honest, mainly for your #196. You are saying to not shoot mimes and just keep them alive? That defeats the purpose of having a vig to deal with mimes since they are supposed to shoot those who are questionable to being a mime. It seems you are moreso fretting about how mimes are treated in this scenario rather than scum-hunting. I am willing to give you more of a benefit of the doubt since this is the first time you and I have played with them considering on our site this role is banned from all games because we hate jesters/mimes and things like that haha. I will say this though, Gorf, you've intrigued my mind into reading your posts carefully now and deciding what I truly think of you. So for now, since I can't do much at the end of the day I do want to make it known that I am watching you.

IGMEOU: #HBC Gorf

Uhm, I would say in terms of reads I am liking both Rapier and Refa thus far, but other than that I do not have any concrete scum-reads. I think with this game it is going to be easier for me to pin down my scum-reads If I had to throw one out there due to a gun being at my head, I would say Gorf on gut. I will be here for the next hour so I can vote Mancer if no one else does so we at least have a guaranteed lynch.

Marf doesn't seem to be a mime, but the chances of lynching town!Marf seems higher than the chances of lynching town!Mancer imo. I think we'll end up inevitably lynching a mime or townie this turn. I pick the mime.

It's actually safer to lynch town in this set-up than mime because mime want to be lynched because it's their win-con

#Devil'sAdvocate

Also typo in my last post, meant to say: "...easier to pin down my town-reads." Not scum-reads.

Problem is, Mancer will continue to drag attention and add noise to the game.

I'm not sure of anything, sigh.

Unvote

##Vote: Gorf

Hey we have three people voting Gorf now. I'm more content with lynching him.

why wouldnt the vig be concerned with just straight up shooting scummy ass mofos? we win faster if we get rid of goons if i read the town wincon correctly, since mimes arent really a threat. if we dont win after both goons die then we can just no lynch to victory lol. mimes are of little concern; the only concern is in the fact that lynching them is their key to victory. so aiming to gun down mafia (which can be done by just shooting scummy players, rather than players suspected of being mimes specifically) will secure us a faster win, wont it?

Problem is, Mancer will continue to drag attention and add noise to the game. I'm not sure of anything, sigh. Unvote##Vote: GorfHey we have three people voting Gorf now. I'm more content with lynching him.

no youre actually the only one voting me iirc. j's got his eye on me but thats it

Gorf, can you answer my actual pertinent questions to reads rather than focusing on set-up speculation regarding the mimes? I understand it is a tad fascinating but I believe your logic is incorrect because mime's can still endgame town.

Well then...

Unvote

##Vote: Bluedoom

Better to lose a town player than lynch a mime, though there is a chance that Marf is scum so yeah it'd be neat if it is true.

J, why aren't you voting?

I am not voting because I was reserving it to hammer Mancer since that seems the only plausible course so far. I can't do much with using my vote on another player that isn't Mancer since I doubt I would be able to swing a lynch any other direction and that only direction would be Gorf. However, since deadline is looming I'll just stake my place on how the day should end.

##Vote: MancerNecro

mimes can only endgame town if they get lynched. mimes are of concern to avoid during the Day, that doesnt mean theyre of concern to target at Night.

and as far as reads go i havent had the time to develop solid reads toDay, but atm i got you sb refa and maybe rapier as townreads. mancers my only solid scum read off of meta purposes. the read not being concrete doesnt mean its not real. the rest of the cast is either null cuz their play hasnt given me a good tell of their alignment or null cuz i havent read into em enough.

Lmao, Balcerzak. I love that other players and mods can comment during the game.

Anyways, my vote puts Mancer at L-1. SB, I understand what you are saying but the thing is we can't lynch anyone besides maybe someone with 2-3 votes if you/me/Rapier/Gorf all switch votes.

Who is Marf btw? The only person I am PoE'ing to go by that name is LordKagune so is it safe to assume I am right with that?

(tweaks mine)Oh hey, that's what that acronym was supposed to be! :oSo that's just like a finger of suspicion then... (adjusts his vote spreadsheet accordingly)

yea on our home site the pecking order goes igmeoy (i got my eye on you) < fos (finger of suspicion) < hos hand of suspicion) < vote.

Wow, like, 4 posts in the time it took to type that. Sure, I can give the latest votals, provided they don't change in the time I take to type this up.

[5] Mancer: LordKagune, Refa, #HBC Gorf, Baldrick, #HBC J

[3] Bluedoom: SB., Prims, Rapier

[2] #HBC J: MancerNecro, Bluedoom

[1] Prims: Psych

J, Marth was one of Bluedoom's old usernames, IIRC

Removing mimes improves the gamestate a lot though. It removes multiple anti-towns because the other suicides, as well as the roleblock, and it takes away the stupid paranoia that the rest of the game would be feeling at the time.

Marth is Bluedoom, the dude you talked about has never played here before.

Hmmm, I could be tempted to lynch Bluedoom then and have the vig go to Mancer toNight. Thoughts? I actually feel more confident in that plan because I have the gut feeling Mancer is mime>scum, but I still lean anti-town faction>town on him.

Decisions are hard.