Paris Mafia - Game over, Mimes win!

Balcerzak

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like Bluedoom has been putting in effort so far. He's prodded you and made some inquiries into your actions as well which I perceive as him trying to contribute to scum hunting.

I don't really like Gorf. In his first post, he basically just quotes J's confusing and irritatingly hard to read paragraph and sheeps it. One of the next posts he makes contains some sarcasm about him being mafia. I don't know but I'm getting some weird vibes from this now that I think about it. However, I'm not exactly getting scum vibes from it so it's quite likely that Gorf is one of the Jesters? Would like the Vig to Vig this slot after Baldrick.

Also, Bluedoom and Gorf have both somehow managed to fly by under my radar on my initial reads of the thread. I forgot they existed in this game, lol.

Another player who has not really been around at the moment is LordKagune. He's made a random vote switch onto me right when the wagon on me was building up so I get he feeling that he's at least been caught up with the thread up to that point in time.

@LordKagune: Why did you vote me and who do you think are scummy right now?

That's entirely possible since both of you have not had any interaction in the thread yet and that could be a distancing attempt. Like I said earlier, the whole Refa thing could just be you trying to draw negative attention onto yoursef regardless of Refa's actual alignment.

However, at this point in time, my reads on both of you are separate reads. Like, both of you are the players who are most likely to be a Mime. This doesn't mean that both of you are necessarily on the same team or that both of you are both Mimes (although it'd be great if you were cause that means I have managed to catch the entire Mime team in the act), it just means that I suspect that both of you might be Mimes based off of separate reasons and suspicions.

Well, he's putting in effort and thinking things through. With that, I'm willing to consider his earlier posts as RVS junk.

Fair enough on that point. I don't exactly think Prims is scum right now though and tbh, I don't exactly see the cases on Prims either. Prims is just the sort of player that does these types of weird plays and shenanigans on ED1 right when town is still in RVS.

That's entirely possible since both of you have not had any interaction in the thread yet

Gorf, I was still in RVS-mode at the time, but I do want to know why you're just pointing to someone else's question and not making your own inquiry.

:)

it just means that I suspect that both of you might be Mimes based off of separate reasons and suspicions.

Noted. Why you are mime-hunting anyway? We need to decide who to lynch, who we're not going to lynch and instead leave to the discretion of the vig.

Except the vig might not be entirely efficient or effective at Mime hunting and I believe that town can lead the charge towards Mime hunting as well. We discuss and decide who to vote and who to kill in order to eliminate both of the non-town factions.

I'm also scum hunting, as seen by me raising points about several players in the thread right now.

^

i lol'd

scumhuntings the colloquial term used to describe somebody's actions (or lack thereof) that they take in order to find scum.

also im tired as shit so not actually gonna post something of much use. but i will say that the people who are still ridin up on me especially when i explained my lack of comfort getting into this setup is wack as hell n yall should cut me some slack :c

also also the prims thing was me being facetious cuz of the whole "gorf just sheeped j" thing. i mean come on its not like i was tryna be subtle about it.

also also also its not concrete but mancer's relatively aggro and spear heading style that hes portrayed here is whats throwing me off hardcore. in guitar mafia, i scumread mancer because of his super mechanical approach to the game. he was very by the book when it came to scumhunting. in nocs he was flippant in his scumhunting, and going from avenue to avenue. hes already called out a shit load of people as scum as is. the play is flip floppy and weird in and of itself, but i feel like the meta is the easiest factor to use to point out that mancers pretty scummy. but i cant determine whether hes doing it on purpose (probz not but still a toss up).

It's nearly midnight, so forgive me if I don't make much sense.

Mancer, you're not really scum hunting though. Ignoring the stuff about and in response to me, you have a townread on Marth, a mimeread on Gorf, "those two flew under the radar before", and a prod on Lord Kagune (he has no content to speak of)

The psych query and the J vote are more like scumhunting, but your implication is you were scum hunting in your recent posts, so...

##vote: MancerNecro

Too much quantity, not enough quality imo

Except the vig might not be entirely efficient or effective at Mime hunting and I believe that town can lead the charge towards Mime hunting as well. We discuss and decide who to vote and who to kill in order to eliminate both of the non-town factions.

I'm also scum hunting, as seen by me raising points about several players in the thread right now.

earlier on*

Did you see the correction I made in my next post?

I was definitely referring to my cases and prods on Prims, Psych, LordKagune and J in that post.

Also, just because LordKagune doesn't have any content doesn't excuse the fact that he should have some content right now and has shown an understanding of the in-thread happenings.

Tbh I think I'm gonna stick my vote on you anyway because that Gorf vote just feels really bad and out of place. A sheepy vote from his has scum intent because ???

I don't get SB's or Prims' Mancer cases. Yeah he's being over paranoid but he does this as any alignment and you know that. The Jester point is dumb because its not like he's voting people who he thinks are Jesters AND you mention Jester paranoia as a thing in your posts too and that's quite hypocritical of you.

I feel like Rapier having a say in reads and defending Mancer only to then not drop a vote feels bad, but I'm running out of time so I'll get back to this in like 8 hours or something.

Idr town!Mancer getting paranoid, but scum!Mancer's paranoia looks totally fake and that's basically what I'm seeing here. The only reason I'm not voting that way is because I'm unsure of if he's scum or jester.

Vote sticks here because the park of Prims seems really weak and the "sheepy vote has scum intent because why ???" seems like an oversimplification of Prims' case to make his vote look worse.

I didn't understand the bold at all. What did I figure out?

That Prims might not have been voting someone he said was "non-town" because jester stuff, but then didn't really seem to change your opinion based off of that.

Baldrick makes a good point about Mancer in #166, I agree that it feels kind of like he's using the mimereads stuff as an excuse to avoid scumhunting, because as far as I can tell he hasn't really done anything to catch scum besides a prodvote since RVS?

I have surprisingly little to say, honestly. Discussing who the vig should shoot is dumb because you're letting up to 4 antitowns have a say in dictating the shot, and mimes are obviously never going to advocate themselves or their buddies (and scum advocating a buddy seems like a pretty big risk) and a misvig can really fuck up numbers in such a small setup.

Sorry for my lack of posting, but it's probably going to be ~a thing~ for around say the rest of this week (because I have multiple finals in that timespan). I'll try to get something out soon, though.

@LordKagune

Can you explain your reasoning as to why Mancer is scum?

@SB

I don't see how Mancer's paranoia is scummy nor fake, could you explain why you think it is fake?

--

Regarding the case, being paranoid does not tell if someone is scummy or not, merely that they are nervous, and his explanation is good enough (he says he never played with mimes before, so he's nervous about it). I don't like how it accentuated his finger pointing at others, because his content lacks in quality and his justifications aren't good, but I don't see any particularly scummy intent behind it. If anything, I've a null read on Mancer.

We need to be cautious about Mancer. There's a lot of noise on his content and this can become an easy case of mislynching town who reacted badly to a new game setting. I read a bit of his iso and wondered why I am not playing Shogun 2 instead. Sounds like a good idea.

@J

gumshoe-normal(b).gif

Alright pal, I'll explain.

It's hard for me to read Mancer, because from what I can read (and my reading skills are terrible), his town meta is very similar to his scum meta. He is very active at finger pointing others and making half-baked cases as town/scum, the only difference is that his cases are more numerous and his content is worse as scum. Basically, his scum meta is the extreme of his town meta.

This is why I have such a hard time guessing whether Mancer is town or not. Hence why I approach this case skeptically, trying to see whether there is town intent or scum intent on his actions. I haven't seen any scum intent coming from him, so I'd guess he isn't, based on his current content. It is true that he is being more extreme than usual, and by my own logic it'd mean he's scum, but there's a justification for this: Mimes. He never played a game with them, so I can see how and why he's being paranoid.

@Prims

wrt your meta question, I don't see why me thinking that SF Mafia is trigger happy contradicts my past aggressiveness in games. If anything, I'm pointing how things work here and why people are as eager to vote as they are eager to post, and why it is bad not to complement your post with a vote. I didn't vote you because I had more of a mimeread than a scumread coming from you, by the way.

Mancer, you're not really scum hunting though. Ignoring the stuff about and in response to me, you have a townread on Marth, a mimeread on Gorf, "those two flew under the radar before", and a prod on Lord Kagune (he has no content to speak of)

The psych query and the J vote are more like scumhunting, but your implication is you were scum hunting in your recent posts, so...

You can't say Mancer is not scumhunting while at the same time handwaving his response to you, which you seem to take as scumhunting. His psych and J interactions were also done not so long ago, so why do you say it as if it's been a long time since he scumhunted?

My issue is more with how little he dug his scumreads and how shallow his cases were. His J vote was also completely unnecessary and he says later on that he found his paragraph "confusing and irritatingly hard to read", so his vote feels completely unjustified since he claims he couldn't even read J's content properly.

It occured to me that he might be a mime, because the amount of attention he's getting (which could very well be done on purpose) is absurd.

Vote sticks here because the park of Prims seems really weak and the "sheepy vote has scum intent because why ???" seems like an oversimplification of Prims' case to make his vote look worse.

But sheepy votes are not inherently scummy. I can understand his point, actually. Also, Prims' case is truly as simple as that, so there is no oversimplification. Honestly, your case seems shallow, if that's all there is to it.

I acknowledge that Bluedoom's case on Prims is equally shallow, though. Voting Prims because he voted someone who sheeped is a weak reason. Anyway...

##Vote: Gorf

Master Belch's content is completely unexistant. He has been coasting along with the topic, sheeping other players and coming up with trivial content like this post, where he kind of acknowledges that his read on Mancer is not concrete at all (so where's the value on that?). Not knowing what to do is not an excuse for doing nothing, or just floating along with the tide; you can not use this as an excuse to not scumhunt.

It's a tone read, mostly, so it's kind of hard to explain it beyond "this looks faked".

And Marth DID oversimplify Prims' vote, Prims explained why the sheeping was scummy in context: there was nothing there for him to sheep, along with refuge in audacity. It reads more like a mime-play to me so I don't agree with the scumread outright, but I can see where he's coming from.

Probably Maybe Mafia

[spoiler=Marthipan]

What bothers me the most about Bluedoom is that he'd be more verbose as town. Just look at his last town game where his RVS vote carried significantly more reasoning and thought behind it than his vote on Prims here; my main issue here is that he doesn't make an attempt to analyze scum intent which is something that he definitely would do as town. Also he's spending a lot of time defending people but it feels kind of superficial (I dunno how to explain this, but this post is what I was talking about). Also I know that he knows that not dropping a vote isn't scummy and thus his Rapier read there bothers me as a result.

[spoiler=MancerNecro]

Mancer's interactions with Prims here is like, super forced. Also he just backed out of his read on me/Baldrick and didn't even address my case on him there which is just really lazy if nothing else. Where's the conviction in your cases? Honestly, him not addressing me is the only thing that makes me not sure if he really is a mime (since he'd be more inclined to do that as town/scum). Don't agree with his SB/Baldrick/J cases (I can see where he's coming from with his J case but J played like the exact same in Hard NOC's 2 so yeah) but it's not really alignment indicative. Not sure what to make of the "we should tell the vigilante who to shoot" logic. His J vote is just baffling though, and there was no reason for him to hold off on making that vote for this long (kind of reminds me of his BBM vote in Hard NOC's 2...I think, I should really reread his ISO there).

I Will Never Be Able To Read Prims

[spoiler=Prims]

I'd like some thoughts on whether people think Prims would vote me to see if I was Jester or not as scum (and if so, as what kind of scum). Like on one hand it'd confirm me as not jester (so it seems less likely for him to be jester despite his overall play because that would make me a "safe" lynch target and that's kind of not good for jesters) but on the other I can see him doing so as mafia? Regardless, later on he says that he shouldn't troll the game but I don't see why he'd even need to do that in the first place if he was town? His post after that is pretty good though and I can get behind the reasoning there. I'm conflicted on the slot overall because I can't see why he'd be deliberately unhelpful as town but the cases on him (Bluedoom, Baldrick, Psych) seem lazy as fuck and I don't really want to sheep them.

Too Scummy For Mafia

[spoiler=Gorf]

Gorf's vote also doesn't make any sense to me because (to sheep Prims' reasoning) there really was nothing about Psych's vote that was sheepable (if anything, it looked like a bad meta read on Prims). However, this begs the question of why he didn't sheep a better case on Prims if he was mafia. I mean, most of the cases on Prims sucked but he could've sheeped my issues with Prims which were legit. I'd peg him down as a mime myself, which means I would not be OK with lynching him today. His Mancer read is pretty OK FWIW so they're most likely not on the same team (uh...if either of them are scum, I mean).

Also don't like how Psych just kept his vote on Prims without really addressing any of Prims posts at all? Like what ugh this is so bad.

Don't have any issues with everyone else I didn't mention or they haven't put out enough content for me to determine their alignment either way.

##Unvote

##Vote: Bluedoom