Paris Mafia - Game over, Mimes win!

Balcerzak

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Prims: Baldrick seems to want to go for and gun for a Refa lynch. You seem less serious and more joke-like on that, especially with your posts on wanting to remove your vote from Refa when he posts. That's all the difference for me at this point in time.

@Psych: What part of Prims's play do you not like? Your post is vague on so many counts.

@Refa; OK##unvote

##vote: Prims

"Mancer is non-town" is kind of a vague kind to say, isn't it?

PEDIT: Gorf why are you sheeping the J? Is the #HBC team... another kind of team? DUN DUN DUN

because i am mafia and im having a hard time coming up with an original thought, therefore piggy backing j's is my best bet. in a twist of events, mancer is my scum buddy and im trying to get the early bus.

not sure if your question is serious or not but if so lol

oh looks like you were semi serious.

its because my own inquiry was why mancer came off as so sure of himself about bald+refa, which j had posed as a question.

oh and prims its cuz i dont have much content at this time. im still not sure how to approach the game, considering we have two jesters. if anything i feel like you-

yeah i don't like prims and i feel if he was mime he'd be doing a better job at not being this obvious so my vote stays on him

oh. well that ^

##unvote

##vote prims

Sorry guys but Total War: Shogun 2 > Mafia. Unless we do a Total War: Shogun 2 Mafia, which would be particularly awesome.

Also, why the fuck is Baldrick so concerned with getting Refa turbolynched?

I vouch for Baldrick/Refa to be vigged since I feel that they could be Mime Buddies.

Unless they're using reverse psychology, I don't think so, because Refa is obviously drawing all the attention and it wouldn't be good for him to be so blatant about it in RVS.

Why do you think Baldrick is a Mime? I mean, a lot of people voted on Refa (and as far as I remember, some still kept their vote on him), why aren't you considering them as Mimes as well?

J's post makes sense but (s)he complains about the town's reason to nitpick on the Refa wagon without trying to bring content to the table. Do you think there is scum intent within the wagon?

Mancer rubs me the wrong way because he's overspeculative which is kinda whack. For the record, I was serious about scumreading him and held off on voting to see how he'd react to the shitposting, the "lynching the jester" post was a joke though. It doesn't make sense for him to be paranoid about mimes so early in the game when nobody was being overtly scummy. Calling Refa's push forced reads pointlessly defensive; he doesn't draw conclusions on Refa's alignment from it and Mancer's own readings of people's posts could be perceived as forced. Also, why is Baldrick going after Refa early on suspicious but not me putting Refa at L-1?

Mancer is always overspeculative, I don't see how this is indicative of scummyness in this particular case. Besides, it doesn't make sense for him to be paranoid about mimes so early, true, but why is this scummy? I don't see how this would make sense even if he were scum (and if he is, it'd be just easier to tell his scumbuddies to kill Refa/Baldrick instead of being so loud about it, iirc killing does not help them achieve their goal whereas lynching does). I suppose this is just bad play of his part, since he wouldn't gain anything from it with either alignment.

I'm sick and tired irl in real life right now, not that it really stops me from playing mafia but I need sympathy points so people don't mislynch me.

Don't know if he's being too self-conscious here about his content (which would mean that he's doing this on purpose?) or if I'm overthinking about a joke, or if I got this all wrong (which I usually do, and I'm feeling more dumb than usual today). I'd rather have Prims vigged than lynched, just to be safe. His case on Mancer lacks a proper conclusion that he is scum, it's just full of nitpicking.

Would like to mention that what I said makes sense for town since announcing who we want vigged in public is like "voting" for Mime targets that we want the vigilante to shoot.

Also, LordKagune, since you've switched your vote to me, care to explain why you did so?

These:

Also, J's first post pings me off. The whole paragraph doesn't contain much content at all with a whole chunk of text being talk about the Vig. He mentions me right at the start of the post but only half of that paragraph actually responds to me at all and the overall tone is just very hard to read.

J's post makes sense but (s)he complains about the town's reason to nitpick on the Refa wagon without trying to bring content to the table. Do you think there is scum intent within the wagon?

##Unvote, ##Vote: #HBC J

And why did you decide to switch your vote to J only right now when you addressed him earlier? This doesn't make much sense (and I don't think J's content is scummy enough to warrant a vote but ok, SF is too trigger happy and Mancer is one of our sharpshooters).

Was Baldrick the only person worthy of consideration? It seems to me as if you summed the Refa wagon to a single player, then labelled him as his mimebuddy based on his tone (which can be used by anyone as an excuse to implicate someone as anti-town).

Would like to mention that what I said makes sense for town since announcing who we want vigged in public is like "voting" for Mime targets that we want the vigilante to shoot.

Now that I thought about it, it could also have scum intent since in the best scenario you'd be using the vig shot to kill a Mime and keep another kill to your team. But since this could also have town and scum intent and I can't discern which, I believe this is a null tell. Doesn't seem like an important detail to me.

5%28194%29.png

I'm a bit perplexed at the current time by Mancer. I agree with Rapier that he seems a bit trigger happy and very finger pointy to who may be the mimes in particular and says that I am coming across as mafia for asking him a question regarding his claim of reads? That's how I interpreted that vote. However, I have a bit of a problem with him only voting me after the fact that Rapier pointed out that he did not have his vote on me and it seemed Mancer was trying to use Rapier's post as backing and reasoning to vote me where nothing in Rapier's post gave credit to my slot being scum.

@Rapier: I was not complaining about the Refa wagon at all. I was stating a fact at the time where I said it was either a quick RVS wagon to get us out of that phase or just a reaction test for Refa, but nothing came of it since it dismantled so quickly and Refa did not really acknowledge it's existence. I do have a question for you though which would help me read Mancer a bit better. You said that he is trigger happy and one of SF's "sharpshooters" would you say this play lines up to his town-play of him trying to find scum or a sharpshooter scum finger-pointing at whoever he can? If I was going 100% based off of 0 meta, I tend to lean to the latter regarding Mancer since he just seems so eager and maybe a bit too zealous to push the "x is scum, y are their partners, and z are the other team". Based on tone, I get you may be feeling Mancer just leans derp>scum/town, but if you had to place him where would you on the spectrum?

You asked if I found scum-intent on the Refa RVS wagon and the answer would be no, I did not. I did not really garner much of anything in turn of reads there.

@Gorf: Shhh, you. I am a dude.

Mancer's "man I feel so paranoid about Jesters" feels really false to me but I'm not sure if it's scum scummy or jester scummy. The vote on me was dumb but not scummy, but the Baldrick/Refa scumcase is really graspy too.

I get kind of weird vibes from J's "why are you taking this so seriously" comment on Mancer though (not about the turbolynch joke stuff) because why is it too early to develop reads even if we're still waiting on people to show up?

The sudden Prims votes are also kind of eh. I don't think Marth and Baldrick are anything buddies from how quickly in succession they voted as they wouldn't want to tie themseleves together like that early one, but what I find really weird about it is that Marth essentially figures it out but doesn't do anything about it? Which is especially weird when you consider his vote on Prims was for "dilly dallying". Idk, this feels scummier than Baldrick's vote but I get mimevibes from him so uh... yeah.

##Unvote

##Vote: Marth

I need to get out of /effort mode.

##unvote

Prims' latest post makes me feel better about him, but nobody else is really pinging me rn.

@Rapier; if what Mancer said "Doesn't seem like an important detail", why did you quote it?

@SB; why do you call what you think of J "weird vibes"? I always think of vibes as a gut thing you can't explain, but you have a reason (pretty good imo) why you didn't like his post.

Gorf can get vigged for refuge in audacity followed by voting me for... what seems like sheeping a vote based on refuge in audacity. I think. Psych did not fully explain why he did not like me. Either way it's not something you'd sheep when you could explain why I'm scummy yourself.

Rapier, where's your vote? Also who is scum and why. Actually this is a meta-point but I'm confused how between games you went from being hyper-aggressive early day 1 to thinking SF is too trigger-happy, explain where you're coming from?

Mancer's paranoia is scummy to me because there's no reason for him to be paranoid as town in that position, it reeks of him trying to sound superficially town. Especially weird given Mancer's history of being a bad actor. That said he's at least pro-active and I'm down to just vote off somebody scummy like Gorf or Marf even though jester paranoia is a thing. Actually confused where people are getting mime reads on Baldrick, he just seems more null to me.

##Unvote

##Vote: Gorf

Tbh I think I'm gonna stick my vote on you anyway because that Gorf vote just feels really bad and out of place. A sheepy vote from his has scum intent because ???

I don't get SB's or Prims' Mancer cases. Yeah he's being over paranoid but he does this as any alignment and you know that. The Jester point is dumb because its not like he's voting people who he thinks are Jesters AND you mention Jester paranoia as a thing in your posts too and that's quite hypocritical of you.

I feel like Rapier having a say in reads and defending Mancer only to then not drop a vote feels bad, but I'm running out of time so I'll get back to this in like 8 hours or something.

Oh yeah and one more thing:

I don't think Marth and Baldrick are anything buddies from how quickly in succession they voted as they wouldn't want to tie themseleves together like that early one, but what I find really weird about it is that Marth essentially figures it out but doesn't do anything about it? Which is especially weird when you consider his vote on Prims was for "dilly dallying". Idk, this feels scummier than Baldrick's vote but I get mimevibes from him so uh... yeah.

I didn't understand the bold at all. What did I figure out?

Votals

[3] Prims: Gorf, Psych, Bluedoom

[2] MancerNecro: LordKagune, Refa

[1] Bluedoom: SB

[1] #HBC J: MancerNecro

[1] #HBC Gorf: Prims

Not voting: Rapier, #HBC J, Baldrick

If anyone sees any inaccuracy, please bring to my attention. Also, sorry I caught the request late there.

It might seem forced but it was my honest opinion when I first read the thread and saw the quick wagoning and piling of votes on Refa. I've never played with a Jester/Mime before so I don't know how they would play normally. I attributed the weird vibes I got from Baldrick to it being Jester/Mime vibes so eh.

Also, that random unvote by Baldrick is what? I don't have a lot of time now but I will get into reading and analyzing that later on in the game.