The Well

Prims

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why exactly do you hate mafia?

Why did you use to play mafia?

Which current SF mafia player would you find most amusing to suspend or ban for a day?

NATEMARE WHAT ARE YOUR FIRST AND CURRENT IMPRESSIONS OF ME

also first and current impressions of eimm

THIS IS HARD

FIRST: who the hell is this lmeow there's some pairing shit going on here with tonton/pklucas maybe idk (historical inaccuracy: I actually didn't use lmeow back then, neither did I know of its existence)

CURRENT: WHY DID I NEVER KNOW HER BEFORE SHE'S SO THE BEST one of my favourite sf members atm

FIRST: haha mafia sucks so eimm is probably no different

CURRENT: haha mafia sucks and eimm is no different

but I guess it can be fun

Why exactly do you hate mafia?

Why did you use to play mafia?

Which current SF mafia player would you find most amusing to suspend or ban for a day?

Mostly talking about NOC, they're just too limited for me considering all the sleuthing elements. It annoys and frustrates me, and stresses me out. Generally not fun, but I have enjoyed a game or two on occasion. I don't think my feelings are as strong as hate actually, even if I say so, but I don't like playing them.

I mostly just signed up in games when friends told me to sign up (honestly, Kim is to be blamed for my two eimm games too), or otherwise I find the theme/flavour to be interesting.

That's a hard one. I wish I could ban Makaze from every form of communication for a day, when he's playing eimm. That would be pretty funny I think. Otherwise Euklyd or Reinfleche.

What is it like living in Iran?

Especially interested in this one considering our picture of iran.

It's pretty okay! There are difficulties, some which I'm dealing with currently, like being a healthy male and forced to do military service. The rest of the gripes aren't really gripes, they're more so lack of luxuries, which anyone should be able to live with.

I do wish to move out someday, but I guess I won't really mind if I never do.

That's a hard one. I wish I could ban Makaze from every form of communication for a day, when he's playing eimm. That would be pretty funny I think. Otherwise Euklyd or Reinfleche.

1) is this because we hardly ever use SF and could easily go a day forgetting the forums themselves exist, or what? (I'm totally projecting onto rein here)

2) first and current impressions of SF?

3) first and current impressions of the first and current impressions question?

4) lastly (for now), what's your tierlist of the variations on (or corruptions of) your name?

1) is this because we hardly ever use SF and could easily go a day forgetting the forums themselves exist, or what? (I'm totally projecting onto rein here)

2) first and current impressions of SF?

3) first and current impressions of the first and current impressions question?

4) lastly (for now), what's your tierlist of the variations on (or corruptions of) your name?

1) Quite possibly.

2) FIRST: Man, I've been into Fire Emblem recently, and this site looks pretty okay. I guess it won't hurt to sign up.

CURRENT: I'm not even really into Fire Emblem any more, and despite my grievances it's become such a home to me after staying with the site through thick and thin (doubly so for me because I've been mod/admin/mod) for like, seven years, that I don't think I'll ever leave. I'll have a pretty big void in my heart if I do!

3) FIRST: Looks okay.

CURRENT: It's okay, sometimes hard to come up with answers. Also people need to lay off people who don't know them very well, that's just embarrassing.

4) NIGHTMARRE is the obvious first and best, it carries all the memories and love and warmth and everything else. Nighty is a cute variation, Night is pretty cool. Same for Nightomare. Reinfleche once used Daystallion, does that count? That one's pretty great. The rest all go below those in some order.

4) NIGHTMARRE is the obvious first and best, it carries all the memories and love and warmth and everything else. Nighty is a cute variation, Night is pretty cool. Same for Nightomare. Reinfleche once used Daystallion, does that count? That one's pretty great. The rest all go below those in some order.

so basically natemare is bottom tier; thanks (paging kinumi)

...nice save. Curses, foiled again.

Top 5 animangos and why should I (and/or others) read/watch them?

Also, favorite fictional mafioso?

1) Why is the T-Rex the best thing ever? I mean, it needs no explanation but it can't hurt to give one anyways.

1) Why is the T-Rex the best thing ever? I mean, it needs no explanation but it can't hurt to give one anyways.

[spoiler=8) Why is this the best T-Rex?]OiZHvt0.png

Top 5 animangos and why should I (and/or others) read/watch them?

Also, favorite fictional mafioso?

Top 5 animus in no particular order:

1) LEGEND OF THE GALACTIC HEROES

Why you and/or others should watch it: Deep and rich story of war, politics, friendship, humanity, and much more, revolving around extremely well-written characters (for the most part) and almost never fails to be interesting and suspenseful. A startlingly accurate reflection of real life and history. Also has the benefit of being a very realistic and down-to-earth anime; there's just about nothing over-the-top about it and it lacks basically every anime trope. Very dignified, sophisticated and classy. Its soundtrack is 99% comprised of classical music! Also Refa reminded me the art style is absolutely fantastic. It's realistic and there are so many variations among the 10000000 different faces. Very beautiful in its own way, despite what some might say because it's not absolutely perfect and smooth like animus today are.

2) SLAYERS (1st two seasons)

Why you and/or others should watch it: One of the most natural combinations of SERIOUS and COMEDY, and both parts are ace. The comedy is hilarious like 100% of the time, and the natural integration of serious and comic elements really heightens the sense of camaraderie the cast has. I also need to mention that the cast is comprised of totally amazing and lovable characters. Superb soundtrack too (including op/ed). Best antidepressant among animus.

3) PRINCESS TUTU

Why you (haw) and/or others should watch it: Very cute and pretty, but don't let the name or the looks fool you! This anime is more than meets the eye, and hides an incredible depth and intensity beneath its sparkly shoujo surface. You will laugh, you will cry, you will most likely die! But you will never not be entertained throughout it all. Join Duck, an incompetent ballet student, as she fumbles her way in an attempt to capture her Mytho-senpai's heart. Filled with great characters, ballet, Tchaikovsky and a healthy amount of references to culture, this is the haute cuisine of magical girl shows. Paced brilliantly from beginning to end.

4) ARMORED TROOPER VOTOMS

Why you and/or others should watch it: An actually super realistic mecha show, dealing with such themes as war (in its true colours, much like LoGH above) and PTSD. Dark and depressing, it's the antithesis of every super robot show ever made, but has a gripping plot which only keeps escalating until the conclusion. A magnificent war drama.

5) TENGEN TOPPA GURREN LAGANN

Why you and/or others should watch it: Like everyone knows this one, but it's still great. It's intense in everything it does and never holds back any punches. I'm too tired to write more now.

I also wanted to fit in NGE, everything Miyazaki has done and more in there, but I couldn't. So honourable mentions to them here.

Top 5 mangays in no particular order:

1) BLACK JACK

Why you and/or others should read it: Though people have a natural aversion to episodic things (because who even knows they're silly), this is the epitome of human drama. Always raising ethical questions and portraying humans in their various states, from the noblest to the most vile, pace incredibly well and with page composition and panel work like you've never seen before, courtesy of the master of the art, Osamu Tezuka. Black Jack is also an amazing and dynamic main character. Tezuka also had studied medicine himself, which lends credence to the work.

2) JOJO'S BIZARRE ADVENTURE

Why you (haw) and/or others should read it: Explosively intense and emotional, JoJo details the lives of generations of the Joestar family. Also notable for being a shounen where the highest power level isn't the winner, but the smartest fighter. Battles and powers are always excellent, and the characters are fantastic. It has a lot of obnoxious fans like everything, but it's quality work! Also watch the anime after you read it just to see what a perfect translation it is.

3) SALAAM DUNK

Why you and/or others should read it: Incredible sports shounen that manages to sidestep the most obnoxious sports shounen tropes, but still be exhilarating. Starts out strong, keeps being strong and building up, and the last stretch ends up being one of the most powerfully emotional things in existence due to all the build-up.

4) VAGABOND

Why you and/or others should read it: Gorgeous art, amazingly introspective, and holds a great deal of historical and cultural intrigue, being a fictionalised account of Miyamoto Musashi's life. Especially recommended if you like Japan, swords, swordsplay, Japanese swords and Japanese swordsplay.

5) MONSTER

Why you (haw) and/or others should read it: Among the most suspenseful thriller/mysteries in mangadom. Artfully crafted and full of insidious murders. Builds up to a magnificent and beautiful conclusion. You can tell I got lazy with this one. I don't feel like writing any more so just trust me it's great.

Really, really, really want to fit THE ROSE OF VERSAILLES, Buddha, Eyeshield 21, Phoenix, Cross Game, One Piece, Dorohedoro, Until Death Do Us Part, Fruits Basket, and a bunch of other things in there, but there you go!

CROCODILE from One Piece. He's definitely the best.

1) The T. Rex embodies power and authority at its purest. Its might is unrivalled. Its kingly demeanour has not been replicated. It is truly the most worthy ruler of all.

[spoiler=8) Why is this the best T-Rex?]OiZHvt0.png

Uhhh...b-because it's really pink!

Edited by Nightmare

2) Top 10 games and why people should play them? It'd be cool if you could give shoutouts to silly things in them that aren't that important.

Edited by Refa

holy shit there's someone else who likes princess tutu

yessssss

also you should PM SF user "kinumi" and ask her a) who she's shooting in eimm and b) how far she is in tutu and why she hasn't watched more

FIRST: who the hell is this lmeow there's some pairing shit going on here with tonton/pklucas maybe idk (historical inaccuracy: I actually didn't use lmeow back then, neither did I know of its existence)

CURRENT: WHY DID I NEVER KNOW HER BEFORE SHE'S SO THE BEST one of my favourite sf members atm

Mostly talking about NOC, they're just too limited for me considering all the sleuthing elements. It annoys and frustrates me, and stresses me out. Generally not fun, but I have enjoyed a game or two on occasion. I don't think my feelings are as strong as hate actually, even if I say so, but I don't like playing them.

I mostly just signed up in games when friends told me to sign up (honestly, Kim is to be blamed for my two eimm games too), or otherwise I find the theme/flavour to be interesting.

(ღ˘ ⌣ ˘ღ)

yeah it was totally worth it =)

WAIT I FORGOT NATEMARE

natemare is actually topper than nightmarre

wow i didn't know you liked it that much ;_;

yessssss

also you should PM SF user "kinumi" and ask her a) who she's shooting in eimm and b) how far she is in tutu and why she hasn't watched more

hey that's mostly damian's fault

1) Rank your top 10 Metal Gear bosses, in order (I think I've asked you this before in a different context)

2) Rank the different types of Metal Gears, in order

3) Rank your top 10 Metal Gear characters, in order

4) If you were to re-use any avatar/sig set you've ever had (even though you tend to avoid that IIRC), what would it be?

5) Rank your favorite 3 avatars I've had that you can remember.

6) Favorite color?