The Well

Prims

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why do you like the Vocaloid so much?

i actually have no idea

90% of the time I get distracted by the thumbnail of my recommended videos when I surf YouTube and I remember the songs which are catchy... which actually isn't the majority of them, but eh. I suspect it may be the same reason why other people like them.

6) are vocaloids your weeb (or other cultural equivalent) music of choice or do you also listen to j-pop / k-pop / etc.?

6.5) if so, what is your favorite? (song and/or band)

13/2) if not, link us to your FAVORITE SONG(s) (of any sort) anyways

2Ï€+1) and if you do listen to kpop / etc and have another favorite song(s) that isn't that, what would THAT be?

6) are vocaloids your weeb (or other cultural equivalent) music of choice or do you also listen to j-pop / k-pop / etc.?

6.5) if so, what is your favorite? (song and/or band)

13/2) if not, link us to your FAVORITE SONG(s) (of any sort) anyways

2Ï€+1) and if you do listen to kpop / etc and have another favorite song(s) that isn't that, what would THAT be?

6) I think they're the closest thing I have to a weeb music of choice. I don't follow J/K-Pop.

6.5) The only one I can recall is Momoiro Clover Z because I actually saw them in concert (at Anime Expo)

13/2???) My favorite Vocaloid songs are the Synchronicity Trilogy (hint: it's three parts), Feathers Across the Seasons, Cantarella (lol at the lyrics tho), and the ballad version of Regret Message. As for non-weeb songs, I really have too many. I like everything from Tupac to Pink. >_> I might have to get back to you on that.

Weird Moon Numbers) See above. :P

why did you go with Fushimi in the eimm?

what was your favorite role in the eimm?

what type of roles would you like to have in an eimm?

how many players would you prefer in an eimm?

Do you like any other Hip Hop artists besides Tupac? If so could you give a top five?

I also like Naughty By Nature, OutKast, Wu-Tang Clan, LL Cool J, Busta Rhymes, Lauryn Hill, Eve, Gnarls Barkley/CeeLo (though not really hip-hop lol) and Missy Elliot. Everlast also gets an honorable mention though I really only know/like one song (What It's Like ... which I really like). I enjoy me some Snoop Dog/Lion occasionally too.

why did you go with Fushimi in the eimm?

what was your favorite role in the eimm?

what type of roles would you like to have in an eimm?

how many players would you prefer in an eimm?

Fushimi's cool and I thought he'd be good for an eimm role. Dos Equis's Most Interesting Man in the World and Waldo were also roles I considered (and I might do for Rein's game).

Prim's role was actually pretty cool and if I knew what it was before I offed him I might have decided against it lol.

Ones which include explosions and many deaths.

I liked the 50+ game for the mere idea of it. 30 or below is probably more reasonable, though. :P

3) Thoughts on this?

That's the video which got me interested in seeing the concert. Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons visited to accept awards for the collaboration.

Can confirm that at least Paul is a weeb who tried to impress us with his Japanese lol.

Edited by Crysta

Proto

That's the video which got me interested in seeing the concert. Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons visited to accept awards for the collaboration.

Can confirm that at least Paul is a weeb who tried to impress us with his Japanese lol.

Oh my God you got to see Paul Stanley irl, I'm jelly.

And that's hilarious lmao.

Proto [7]: Blitz, Shin, Nightmare, Crysta, Baldrick, Euklyd, Prims

Polydeuces [3]: Shin, Crysta, Baldrick

Gaius [2]: Crysta, Baldrick

Rapier [1]: Shin

Proto wins. Someone get him in here.

My turn now, eh?

Hi, I'm Proto/LightBrand99/Fluorspar93/Sajed. I'm 21 years old, about to start my MMath in Computer Science in Canada from next month. I'm specializing in Algorithms and Complexity, which is like, the heart of Theoretical Computer Science.

I joined SF in 2009, initially just to write some articles for the main site, but then I stuck around after getting attached to the FE4 THREAD. I find that I'm the kind of person that tends to get attached to these kinds of small communities within forums, whether it's the FE4 THREAD, or a silly empire thread, or HHH. I spent a good chunk of time here at SF doing almost nothing besides playing Mafia though.

My first Mafia game was back in 2008 but that wasn't in SF so nobody cares about that. I was in the first Mafia game hosted on SF though, which was the Death Note Mafia, hosted by DoomDragon103, where I got bussed by Fray (Note, this thread is gone from SF due to an incident in 2009 where the entire forum rolled back by six months). And then I joined the later ones which were made my General Spoon iirc and sort of stuck around playing Mafia before taking occasional breaks.

I suppose there's a lot more I can say about myself but I'm not sure what you guys would care about, so I'll just get to those if I'm asked about them. Feel free to ask whatever you want, and I'll try my best to answer them to the extent that I am willing to.

Edited by Formina Sage

1) favorite mafia game in sf you were in?

2) favorite mafia game out of sf you were in?

3) how much do you hate the aggression of our community?

4) how do you think new players should be treated?

5) your personal favorite scum hunting method?

6) why are you better known for OC, when you prefer NOC?

7) thoughts on Multifaction?

8) should sf have a Diplomacy thread/subforums?

1) favorite mafia game in sf you were in?

Any game with Green Poet

Seriously though, as far as game experiences are concerned, it would have to be Pokemon TCG Mafia, hosted by Kay, likely because I lasted pretty long through my own effort into making relatively complex decisions (compared to what I'm usually entrusted with in a Mafia game).

2) favorite mafia game out of sf you were in?

(why do you guys care about non-SF games?)

Metal Gear Mafia, hosted by mrkennedy44 in Cliff Hanger, for similar reasons as Pokemon TCG, actually. Except I actually won, hehe

3) how much do you hate the aggression of our community?

...our community is aggressive?

I'm not joking, I'm literally clueless as to what you're referring to.

4) how do you think new players should be treated?

With kindness and respect. Veterans should be considerate towards the lack of experience in new players and should encourage them to contribute more in the way they want to. It's unreasonably to demand that new players force themselves to contribute to the level of a hardcore veteran. Also, new players often have different perspectives on how to play the game, and veterans should try to respect those, even if they are frustrating.

5) your personal favorite scum hunting method?

I am not sure what you mean by scumhunting methods, actually? But I prefer scumhunting based on votes/reactions/opinions to stuff that are based on definite stuff, like claims, flips, or other votes/reactions/opinions. I don't like getting into discussions about behavior that originate from RVS fluff or other kinds of meaningless fluff.

6) why are you better known for OC, when you prefer NOC?

Probably because OC generally requires Town-Leader-like playstyles and a lot of the stuff that goes on are through private channels, which leaves a lot of players out of loop. Some players can gain a strong influence in OC, whether due to their role or their exceptional OC skills, but the majority of the players (whether Town or Mafia) will be left out of the loop and let the influential players run the game. Which is really boring and dull, especially since independent action is strongly discouraged and frowned upon.

NOC, on the other hand, is centered on individual decisions and actions, with all or most of the information (except for role and alignment related stuff) being accessible to all players fairly, granting more equal opportunity and running on independent choices, which I really like.

Note, I'm not a very influential OC player and I have no idea why I'm more well-known for OC.

7) thoughts on Multifaction?

Multi-faction is great! I know a lot of players are concerned about fairness and competitiveness in Mafia games, but I think the most important component is to have fun. The reason I'm saying this here is because multifaction games tend to focus more on fun than on balance, which I really like.

8) should sf have a Diplomacy thread/subforums?

Too early for a subforum, but SF should definitely try some Diplomacy games!

Green Poet or Kay?

Not sure what the context is, but well, I'm guessing you're asking who I would prefer to play with in a Mafia game? I really like the way Green Poet thinks and plays and I think she has a lot of potential if she were to continue at this rate. On the other hand, Kay is a player that I can read really well, and she can also read me really well, which makes games with her really fun and interesting, regardless of whether we're on the same faction or not.

That being said though, Kay has recently been pretty busy with irl stuff and doesn't pay too much attention to Mafia games when she joins them, so atm I would prefer to play with Green Poet instead.

(I'm curious as to why you asked specifically about Green Poet or Kay out of all the numerous Mafia players on this forum)

1) What's the appeal of Touhou?

Touhou is really popular and each Touhou fan has their own individual reasons for liking Touhou. I can tell you how it appeals to me, but bear in mind that it may not reflect the opinions of other members of the Touhou fanbase. In order, from most relevant to least relevant:

1. Character Cast - The Touhou character cast is amazing. The cast is huge, but almost every character has their own distinct personality and circumstances, which make them really interesting. Especially with how the characters interact with each other.

2. Gameplay - Each complete Touhou playthrough takes up only about half an hour, making it very easy to pick up and play. Except you're not gonna clear it in your first attempt, and the game is designed really well to make it really fun for players to keep trying over and over again. It's really noticeable how players grow in their Touhou skill as they keep playing, inciting them to attempt higher difficulties or other challenges and just keep having fun!

3. Music - Self-explanatory

4. Challenge - Touhou gameplay is pretty versatile that enables players to set up objectives at pretty much any skill level, and attempting to overcome those challenges is a really rewarding experience that's pretty appealing to a lot of players.

5. Bullet Pattern Designs - A lot of the bullet patterns (especially spell cards) are really well-designed, with creative concepts and interesting approaches to tackling them. And many of them also look breathtakingly beautiful.