The Well

Prims

in this thread? 5 days seemed like a reasonable amount of time to get all questions in

yeah you're right I was maligning you

there it would be like 3 weeks or s/t for a cycle

my b

also who do you main/play in smash bros, and why?

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't play smash very much right now since my 3DS' wifi is kinda wonky atm but my top 5 are like... shulk, ness, mega man, DK, ganondorf

shulk because he's hard-hitting with good range, the different stances are fun and i just like being in a swimsuit

i've always liked playing as ness but i'm using him more now cuz he's buff as hell

mega man i just randomly picked up one day and found very fun to play

dk was one of my mains in melee (note: i'm garbage at melee) and is just really satisfying to get kills with

i like ganondorf because :flamechoke:

honorary mention to doc who has always been one of my favorites but i'm just not any good with him even though i was pumped to have him in ssb4

In brawl I used R.O.B., Toon Link, Kirby and G&W, but aside from R.O.B. none of them are really as fun to play as with SSB4's mechanics.

What age group would you like to teach most?

When is the next CYO* game?

What do you think is the optimal play as town/scum?

If you could add any character to the next Smash game, who would you choose?

I have another question but it's about me, I'll take it to PM? You're not overwhelmed by questions or anything, are you?

6) What characters would you want to be in the next Smash Bros.? EDIT Wow, Baldrick asked the same question hahaha.

7) How do you deal with losing in mafia games?

8) What's your favorite offsite forum for mafia games?

9) Favorite cartoons (I guess this can count animes)?

10) What's the appeal of touhou?

Edited by Refa

YEAH YOU SAID IT.

11) What's your favorite Pokemon?

12) Why do you like FE12?

13) Am I asking too many questions?

would you enjoy being an irl detective?

how did your VERY FIRST mafia game go?

favourite manga/anime?

favourite western TV show?

favourite novel?

do you like travelling?

what is your SPIRIT ANIMAL? (as in which animal do you think you're most like?)

if you just want to grade essays and don't particularly care about literature itself, why literature and not, say, philosophy or history or a bunch of other essay-heavy specializations?

What age group would you like to teach most?

High school because anything younger would be frustrating and anything older just seems unreal to me at this point since I'm only 18. This might change in the future.

When is the next CYO* game?

No idea, but don't get your hopes up for any time soon. Not only have I expended most of my good ideas, I'm trying to avoid committing to hosting, as my inability to write good flavor puts me in a demotivational loop where I feel down about the game and just lose interest in hosting. Being lazy doesn't help, either.

What do you think is the optimal play as town/scum?

The optimal town play is to be read as town, find scum, get them lynched. I say "be read as town" rather than "be obvtown" because being obvtown gets you shot, which might not always be ideal (what if you're a PR?).

The optimal scum play is to be read as town and let town mislynch each other. If possible, you want your pushes to never become lynches and give people info on you, but that's impossible more often than not. Support your buddies behind the scenes but interact realistically with them in-thread and know when to bus. Once again, you don't want to actually look obvtown, or people will start WIFOMing about while you're still alive lategame.

If you could add any character to the next Smash game, who would you choose?

waddle dee cuz I'm a huge Kirby fan and using a spear as a weapon would be really fun

I have another question but it's about me, I'll take it to PM? You're not overwhelmed by questions or anything, are you?

go ahead

6) What characters would you want to be in the next Smash Bros.? EDIT Wow, Baldrick asked the same question hahaha.

Aside from Waddle Dee:

- Anna as a FE mainstay

- Karate Joe or at least some sort of Rhythm Heaven representation. Chorus Trio is a really arbitrary choice though and I don't support that. I really wanted The Dog to be in but it seems like it'd be silly having two dogs now that Duck Hunt is a thing. Wrestler would be interesting but might not be important enough?

- Anthony Higgs, with a reveal trailer that hypes up Ridley but then Higgs shoots him and goes "Remember me?"

- Lip as the "retro" character because I like cute anime girls and Tetris Attack was a good game.

7) How do you deal with losing in mafia games?

I don't really care at this point cuz it's just a silly forum game lol

8) What's your favorite offsite forum for mafia games?

don't have one

9) Favorite cartoons (I guess this can count animes)?

I'll get to this when I get to BBM's questions since I answered these out of order

10) What's the appeal of touhou?

No idea since I actually find SHMUPs tedious these days, but maybe my spark will be reignited next time a main installment comes out. I got into it back in 2008 because I liked the music and a bunch of people I hung out with on the internet started playing it at the same time. Have a lot of good memories playing SWR -> Hisoutensoku (one of the fighting game spinoffs) too, even though that game is kinda dumb.

also Cute Anime Girls

11) What's your favorite Pokemon?

Mawile

12) Why do you like FE12?

I dunno but I had fun playing it. Also it has save points which IS is fucking horrendous for taking out of future installments. I agree with SB that a lot of the early chapters are pretty shitty though.

also Cute Anime Girls

13) Am I asking too many questions?

nah I like talking about myself

would you enjoy being an irl detective?

Maybe? I only find e-stalking and data-mining fun when the people are relevant to me in some way, and I'm trying to do it less because people (rightfully) think I'm weird.

how did your VERY FIRST mafia game go?

Roukanken was Scum JoAT, found out I was a doc variant, and shot me N3. LYLO came down to Zakeri deciding between him and Kefit, the BPV who gained a 1-shot vig whenever he was shot (this inspired activist vigilante) and had counterclaimed Rou's dayvig buddy.

We lost.

favourite manga/anime?

I haven't read any manga like, ever. Don't really watch enough anime to have an opinion (and most of what I have watched, I saw too recently to really evaluate as a potential favorite), but Utena was pretty good.

favourite western TV show?

I never watch TV because I don't have cable at home. King of the Hill is good. I liked Freakazoid! as a kid, which is why NekoRex would've known Haze as "Candle Jack" for the longest ti

favourite novel?

Eurykins' ISO.

seriously though I'm gonna go with "none" because nothing I have ever read sticks out in my mind

do you like travelling?

In theory, yes, but I never actually travel because I'm poor.

what is your SPIRIT ANIMAL? (as in which animal do you think you're most like?)

Human ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

if you just want to grade essays and don't particularly care about literature itself, why literature and not, say, philosophy or history or a bunch of other essay-heavy specializations?

Not only do I not really have the mind for History, whenever I had to write an essay for History that wasn't just regurgitating facts I was just like "why are you making us do this" and I don't want to be That Guy. Philosophy is too pretentious.

Also, I actually did really love to read before high school happened. While my family has never been able to get me assessed, I'm almost certainly ADHD and do horribly in all school settings, so school basically ruined my enjoyment of everything.

tbh though if I ended up teaching something else I wouldn't really mind

Edited by Prims

What's your favourite 2humon (or whatever it's called)

if you mean favorite touhou character, then Yukari

if you mean favorite touhoumon as in the touhou-themed pokemon ROM hack then idk as I never bothered beating it

1. Top five cutest FE girls, not counting Avatar/MU ('cause they're self-inserts)?

2. How many English classes have you taken in college (if this isn't applicable, I'm terrible and I'm sorry)?

3. If we collectively beat the Bemani division in mafia, do you think they'd make a really good IIDX game for the US? :P:

1. Anna, Anna, Anna, Anna, Anna

2. none so far bc I am only taking one college class so far as I only recently started

3. Nah because Konami only wants immediate money and couldn't even tie up the SPADA events in time for PENDUAL to come out. If we did then Yoshitaka would definitely be mafia though.

Honestly I would still take a new japan-only CS game but right now I wouldn't have the money for both it, the system and a controller.

Edited by Prims

Jungle Republic numbers, 9:2:3. Mafia A is Ryu* and Yoshitaka. Mafia B consists of Naoki/Tatsh (hydra slot), Slake and RAM who have no kill because they all left for Cross X Beats.

DJ TAKA is the Town Innocent Child because he's Taka but has no active abilities now that he forgot how to make decent songs (except message that one's good). LED is a miller because of Prim. Des-ROW is the Cop and his ability is called Paddington Private Detective.

I don't know what Shinori's post means.

kors k is probably something but I only mentioned people I had something relevant for.

Also DJ Mass and SSD are fakeclaims for Mafia B because where have they even been in the past three songlists?

What is it about Mafia that you like?

What is touhou about?

Favourite avatar of yours?

Why do you keep asking "which 2hu wud u fuck"?

Who do you think is the most comical Mafia player on SF?

How do we cure bbm of his Mafia addiction?

I'm running out of questions. Can you suggest a question that I may ask you?

Top 5 songs that you listen to on the day?

Who do you have trouble scumreading?

How long is your hair right now?

On a scale of one-gay, post the top 10 gayest gays of SFMafia

Why do you still put up with us?

pretty sure im almost out of time so ill edit my answers into this later

[spoiler=Bluedoom]

What is it about Mafia that you like?

like nothing, mafia sucks

When a game is finished it creates statistics and those are interesting to me because of how my brain works. not kidding, just seeing flips seems to hit my brain's dopamine switch. dopamine from jubeat saucer is a cool song

What is touhou about?

female caricatures of japanese mythology have funny hats and shoot each other with lots and lots of skittles

Favourite avatar of yours?

the one with Witch from Puyo Puyo facing the screen and winking. I think I had it during Tales Mafia. May re-use it some time but I try not to use fanart in my avatars now.

Why do you keep asking "which 2hu wud u fuck"?

it's a semi-obscure fandom meme and i love making bad posts

Who do you think is the most comical Mafia player on SF?

Either Refa or Psych. Refa makes funny posts, and Psych's posts are funny.

How do we cure bbm of his Mafia addiction?

why bother

I'm running out of questions. Can you suggest a question that I may ask you?

too late for that :^)

[spoiler=SB.]

Roles that you think are overused/underused?

Miller pops up way too much considering that it sucks. I like my variant where you have a different power and lose it if you claim Miller though. Census Taker is also lame because it's instant town-cred and leaving numbers a mystery is more fun. It should at least be an active ability rather than something you claim D1 so that there's some effect on the player's day-play (they have to survive to D2 to bring back results).

Underused: idk if it's really used but I'd like to see more set-ups where Tracker is the only investigative role rather than to compliment to something else in role madness. SF should probably downsize on roles in general. I would like to see more SKs that don't have a consistent kill but have a bunch of bells and whistles (this terminology stolen from Haze) instead, but unfortunately those end up being nad and/or unfun to play more than not. Motivator is fun but generally too good.

[spoiler=kirsche]

Person you would most like to meet irl?

if you mean on SF, I'm not really close enough to anybody to meet them IRL. If it doesn't have to be a 1-on-1 meeting though then it'd probably be fun to meet Boron and Shin some time Shin is in cali

Any idols/people you look up to?

closest thing is that sometimes when I'm bored I'll try to make video game music (since I'm interested in gamedev and all) and there are a number of people whose musical styles I really admire. top 5: DJ TOTTO (bemani), Toby "Radiation" Fox (homestuck music team, made Undertale), SHADE (AliceSoft), Jake "virt" Kaufman, wac (bemani again).

Also I've been a fan of Radiation since reading his Earthbound LP on starmen.net years ago and I'm really hyped for Undertale.

[spoiler=Elieson]

Top 5 songs that you listen to on the day?

I don't know what "on the day" means. uhhh the list switches around a lot, generally it's whatever music I've taken a liking to recently. If a song shows up in a game or show I'm into it's easier for me to take note of it since I absorb it at the same time as the game/show

this song (from Katawa Shoujo lmoa) is like my go-to relaxation music though

Who do you have trouble scumreading?

Not sure, it varies from game to game. I used to be terrible at reading SB until I learned one simple trick (Pokemon LPers HATE him!). eclipse can be hard to catch, but not always. scum!scorri is difficult to catch but there are at least times where she's obviously town as town.

How long is your hair right now?

like past my nipples, i dunno how to exactly measure it

On a scale of one-gay, post the top 10 gayest gays of SFMafia

Nobody, because SF Mafia isn't actually as gay as the userbase would have you believe. It's okay though because we'd all still rank higher than Manix.

Why do you still put up with us?

I like mafia. tbh it'd make more sense to ask this the other way around Edited by Prims