The Well

Prims

@Manix- It was probably a little unfair to have you as the representative of all spamposts and Eury as the representative of all wallposts, but the main reason I prefer shorter posts is that most often when they're responding to a post they just quote it, because it's quicker when there's only one post. I prefer that to having to click on links or find post #X (a little hypocritical because I do that myself) because it's less hassle. But wallposts almost always have links in them, because if you have a lot of words, the writer generally realizes that having ten quotes in there looks really unwieldy. Those big quotestrippy posts are the exception that proves the rule because they don't actually have a lot of content in them most of the time. I can also skim through a ton of spamposts faster than I can digest a huge wallpost.

As for Eury, her posts are approximately the same length as either alignment, but I find there's a definite lack of motivation as scum. Her wallposts aren't as often and she'll make them just once or twice a day phase to try to coast. TBF though I can't really remember the last time she was scum and I was town (my scum meta comes from times when we were buddies).

I haven't really done a lot of touristy stuff outside of Toronto in Canada that I remember, and I haven't lived anywhere for long enough that I can remember other than Toronto and Mumbai. I can't speak for Canada as a whole but I love Toronto; there are so many different communities and cultures you can experience downtown, and in the suburbs it's more quiet and peaceful too. But the transit system here is absolutely terrible. I could write an essay on it but the gist of it is that we haven't done enough work on it. In the 60s and 70s when our subway was first built, it was actually one of the best in the world. But then other countries made major improvements while we've only made minor additions in the last 40 years. The main reason behind it is that every mayor announced their own transit plan, and their successor would scrap the old plan and try to implement a new one, and so on. The transit problem is compounded by the way that Toronto was designed- I think something like 75% of Toronto's population lives in suburbs, meaning there's a huge amount of people trying to commute downtown on a system that doesn't reach far enough. As for Mumbai I love the energy it has, but sometimes the cityscape seems very drab... compared to Toronto there's much less greenery around.

My first impression of you was that you didn't take very much too seriously and had a slightly odd sense of humour, and my current impression is... basically the same?

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well I have to kill Manix, and SB is underage so I can't fuck him

Grovyle Probably Lati@s?

I struggle to read Prims honestly; I use a lot of WIFOM in my scumhunting and he's the one who plays to it most often. I'm not really very good at reading Shin either; he plays the same as either alignment. Reading Refa was easy in the time period after he rolled scum 10 times in a row because he'd be so excited to be town but now that that's fading away I can't really read him either.

As for Eury, her posts are approximately the same length as either alignment, but I find there's a definite lack of motivation as scum. Her wallposts aren't as often and she'll make them just once or twice a day phase to try to coast. TBF though I can't really remember the last time she was scum and I was town (my scum meta comes from times when we were buddies).

Lol, I can probs agree with this, especially in games where I've watched my scum buddies getting caught D1 and things rolling downhill from there. :[ (Though I don't think I did too bad in that training one, but that was also me trying to pick up the slack of a non-participating player. ._.'' )

@BBM:

- What are your favored/preferred roles/flavors in Mafia?

- Town, ITP, Mafia -> Favored to least favorite and reasons why you prefer each over the other.

- Y u no want to read mah walls anymoar? ;_;

- If you were experimenting with nuclear energy and happened to blow up an energy plant, causing casualties as a result, how would you react? (IE. If it could easily be seen/noted as a general "accident" as opposed to someone [in this case you] technically causing/bringing about said explosion, would you let it be so?) And also, would you ever tell anyone about it and/or your involvement with the situation?

...I'm somehow tempted to type up a WALL of questions, just because I need to practice my wallposting again, lol....

What was your first impression and what is your current impression of me?

^ in a mafia and in a nonmafia context fer me plz^

Favorite eimm game?

Also, who is inactive that you wish would return?

I like killing roles, but I like ones with gimmicks rather than just vanilla x-shot vigs. Also I like being Oracle because getting nightkilled is an ego boost and I get to help town by doing it. Bomb too I guess but lol nobody uses that.

ITP > Town > Mafia. I like the challenge of staying at a constant low level of suspicion while still scumhunting and stuff; it's cool. Beyond that I feel like playing as mafia is more similar game to game because you're not really trying to scumhunt; you're just formulaically trying to look good, so it's at the bottom.

I've just gotten really lazy and also have less time so I try to cut corners where I can, and you're the easiest one ;_;

Experimenting wouldn't happen in a plant or anywhere where any damage could get out and hurt people either through the release of the energy or the radiation, but for the sake of the question, I'd probably own up in public and resign for making such a mistake. I might or might not be charged with involuntary manslaughter for that idk.

DEATH TO BANDWAGONERS (next post)

I'm going to take 'mafia' as impressions of their play/mafia-personality and 'non-mafia' as general personality impressions, but in a lot of cases they're going to be pretty connected.

Prims:

mafia- Initial impression was just that you were really adept at figuring things out from small clues. Current impression is the same I guess but with more experience myself I don't feel as awed and ready to sheep you without question? You're good at convincing people though; if this was NO EFFORT MAFIA you would have max persuasion.

non-mafia- Initial impression was that you were cocky and oversure of yourself. Current impression is that you're cocky in things where you know you're competent because you feel a little insecure in other areas.

Elie:

mafia- Initial impression was that you were clever to use the fact that you were totally clueless to your advantage. Current impression is that you can't earlygame and that generally messes up most of your game. Also, when you try to fix past mistakes I feel like you can overcorrect?

non-mafia- Initial impression was that you were a generally cool dude. Current impression is that you're a bamf; you get chicks falling all over you and obsessed with you all over the place

Boron:

mafia- Initial impression was that you were too cautious and deliberated too much about reads and actions and everything. Current impression is that you're unmemorable you're very good at looking good but a little weak at actually being correct (as town). And you're not unmemorable exactly, but somehow even when you put in a lot of effort it doesn't feel like you impose your will on the game.

non-mafia- My first thought about you was that you take responsibilities very seriously, both those given to you by others and those you took for yourself. While I still think that's true now I also think that you get too emotionally attached to things.

My initial impression of first-impression questions was that it was an interesting idea; my current impression is that they're a PITA and I'm not even done answering all of them. If I wake up tomorrow and see I have to do a bunch more other than Poly and Mitsuki and mafia, I may snap.

Edited by BBM

Elie:

mafia- Initial impression was that you were clever to use the fact that you were totally clueless to your advantage. Current impression is that you can't earlygame and that generally messes up most of your game. Also, when you try to fix past mistakes I feel like you can overcorrect?

non-mafia- Initial impression was that you were a generally cool dude. Current impression is that you're a bamf; you get chicks falling all over you and obsessed with you all over the place

now that you bring this up, i can see what you mean. no one's ever really put it that simply before

woah i didn't know that