The Well

Prims

6) how did Vhaltz get acquainted with Touhou?

A mistake that somebody made on the internet!

I played the piano for over 10 years and music was probably my main interest throughout my teenage years, I came across the sheet music for Faerie's Aire and Death Waltz by John Stump which was really hilarious (note the random weird shit written on it like "light explosives now", "slap thigh" and "remove cattle from stage"), so I went to find it on youtube to see what the hell it actually sounded like.

The video I found is now deleted but here's a reupload, it originally just said "John Stump - Death Waltz" and I only found out it was a Touhou song by reading the comments. Then I started checking out other Touhou music, and arranged Touhou music is an absolute goldmine so I kept finding more and more until I became interested in the characters, read up on stuff and ended up joining Touhou communities.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None. They all seem like the same kind of character to me, and I'm not attracted to the designs/personalities the least bit.

wow that's not true some look 18 as opposed to 15. some even have different hair colors

10) As a Golden Sun fan, thoughts on Dark Dawn?
11) What would you hope for most in a sequel?
12) Would you vote for Isaac getting into smash bros as DLC? :v

e:

13) favorite class / psynergy / djinn / etc in Golden Sun (any)?

Edited by Euklyd

[spoiler=replies]
@Boron: Don't know if your question was aimed at me, but if it was I don't get it. orz

10) As a Golden Sun fan, thoughts on Dark Dawn?

The story wasn't properly planned nor narrated, and the nature of the dialogues made it seem like it was a game aimed for little kids. Also the puzzles were disappointingly easy. Even if I don't think it was as bad as most people say, I wish Camelot would just announce it as not canon and make a proper sequel.

11) What would you hope for most in a sequel?

See above. If that's not possible, I think that the story of Golden Sun is screwed up forever with Dark Dawn so I would hope for a prequel focused around all the elements of the backstory and some of the stuff that you know has happened but that's never explained and you never get to see.

12) Would you vote for Isaac getting into smash bros as DLC? :v

I already have!

13) favorite class / psynergy / djinn / etc in Golden Sun (any)?

I don't remember much about the classes and djinn and in-battle psynergy unfortunately, as even if I've beaten the games several times I've never focused on the battle stuff much. Aesthetically speaking I've always loved everything that has to do with wind, altough I don't think I can describe why.

[spoiler=favourite locations]Air's Rock, Lemuria, Tundaria Tower, Jupiter Lighthouse and Mars Lighthouse. Air's Rock was the place where I started loving Golden Sun as a child (I played Golden Sun 2 beofre 1). Lemuria was basically where a lot of the plot was revealed, plus reaching it after what had previously happened felt as if I were discovering something really important! Jupiter Lighthouse and Mars Lighthouse had some of the best puzzles, and again, exploring them felt super special. Tundaria Tower just had really cool music and I loved the ice puzzles~

My favourite character is definitely Sheba, and she was the first non-OC that I got interested in. I really loved her mysterious background, and I think the mystical and the blunt aspects of her personality make a nice combination.

I don't really think DD was planned that badly? I think it feels a lot worse than it actually was because it was clearly meant to have a sequel but it never did. Golden Sun 1's story would have also felt really weird if TLA hadn't come and provided a conclusion just the year after.

also strawman cam baldrick

Edited by BBM

Cam [5]: Boron, Shin, Vhaltz, SB, BBM

Baldrick [3]: Boron, Shin, BBM

Mancer [2]: Boron, Shin

Strawman [2]: Gaius, BBM

Proto [1]: Prims

Gaius [1]: Vhaltz

Makaze [1]: Gaius

Crysta [1]: Gaius

I don't really think DD was planned that badly? I think it feels a lot worse than it actually was because it was clearly meant to have a sequel but it never did. Golden Sun 1's story would have also felt really weird if TLA hadn't come and provided a conclusion just the year after.

these are basically my thoughts tbh

also nightmare, cam (happy birthday!)

Maybe, but I still think it wasn't planned properly (spoilers ahead):

From what I recall (might not be 100% accurate): The way the game starts feels super irrelevant, you spend the first part of the game trying to make up for some dumb screwup, which is already an extremely lackluster start. Psynergy vortexes are introduced, and then proceed to be irrelevant for the rest of the game. Finally, you go through a couple more of "lighthouses" for poorly explained reasons that have nothing to do with the rest of the story up to then. I don't recall much from that part though. Alex appears just because he's cool, and then proceeds to do nothing important. Some main characters, like Himi or Eoleo, are close to irrelevant through the game. Maybe I've just forgotten about some things, though.

To me, it feels like the focus on Dark Dawn was put on making everything look cool and bringing back stuff that people liked from the original games, instead of having a quality game that could be worth it by itself. It's actually really different from Golden Sun 1.

Again, even with what I wrote I don't think it was as bad as a lot of people say. But compared to the two previous games it is still much worse.

Cam [7]: Boron, Shin, Vhaltz, SB, BBM, Baldrick, Euklyd

Baldrick [4]: Boron, Shin, BBM, Crysta

Mancer [2]: Boron, Shin

Strawman [2]: Gaius, BBM

Gaius [2]: Vhaltz, Baldrick

Makaze [2]: Gaius, Crysta

Crysta [2]: Gaius, Baldrick

Nightmare [2]: Crysta, Euklyd

Proto [1]: Prims

It's Cam's turn. I have no idea how often he checks this thread, so someone should probably tell him about it.

It's Cam's turn. I have no idea how often he checks this thread, so someone should probably tell him about it.

Done.

so uh intro or something i guess? why am i even an option i haven't played maf in like months

I'm Cam, I started playing mafia because I got roped into a game a million billion years ago called Training Mafia OC, in which I rolled scum with Paperblade, got scanned N0 by Manix and never played again THE END

I lied, Iris conscripted me into another game later (I think it was Higurashi?) in which I actually ended up having fun even though I suck. I don't play a whole lot any more because it's a time commitment that school doesn't let me fulfill, but now that summer's started I might entertain the idea a bit more. My hobbies involve lurking, making unbased gut accusations based on the last three pages because i cbf to read and generally being a shitter.

My crowning moments of glory are winning both RTFR1 and EiMMsomething by AFKing

Edited by CT075

1) 12 other players you'd want to fill up a 13p NOC playerlist with you?

2) 12 other players you'd want to fill up a 13p OC playerlist with you?

3) wich 2hu wuld u fuk

4) how is kirby not one of your crowning moments of glory

5) speaking of which, since Kirby 2's getting delayed, what time is most likely for you to be available to play in it?

Edited by Prims

1) Are you ever planning on playing mafia with us again?

2) How do you feel about being the incompetent Camdar of Folgore Rangers lore?

3) What would your thoughts be if we all jumpstarted the FRs again?