Why do women wear socks less?

Chiki

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well you can't really wear socks with a lot of women's footwear (heels, sandals, etc.) and yes I know that men wear sandals too but women wear them more often

and then plus nail polish and stuff

@Alb ankle socks you mean?

also women generally put some effort into keeping their legs smooth and hairless. i don't blame them for wanting to not wear socks, for the sake of showing them off.

also women sometimes wear things that socks wouldn't look good with, like dresses.

but i am a fan of the thigh high socks/stockings w/ short skirt combo. gimme that zettai ryouiki.

hiPARGa.jpg

Edited by Raven

Well, not wearing socks would help your feet stink less~

I wear socks all the time, though. My feet are almost always freezing if I don't sometimes even during the summer (but hey air conditioning...... although we can't afford to keep our air conditioning very high)

(but really it's just because I'm way too sensitive to just about anything and that includes the cold)

But yeah if you're talking about out in public rather than sitting at home then yeah there are open-toed shoes

Meanwhile Integrity's the one always going sockless and I'm the one always wearing socks

Edited by Freohr Datia

@Alb ankle socks you mean?

also women generally put some effort into keeping their legs smooth and hairless. i don't blame them for wanting to not wear socks, for the sake of showing them off.

also women sometimes wear things that socks wouldn't look good with, like dresses.

but i am a fan of the thigh high socks/stockings w/ short skirt combo. gimme that zettai ryouiki.

hiPARGa.jpg

Nah, there's ankle socks and there's the no show socks which just go over your toes, they fit very similar to the way flats do

Because most shoes made for women are better without socks ~

Also, nails can be quite annoying if they're too long because it may mess with the socks

Plus you don't have a bad scent on your feet if you don't wear socks o/

Also, socks are ugly for dresses and robes!

Edited by Chasticot

I'd have to actually see how much less women wear socks to try to come up with an answer

It's true. They wear socks a lot less both at home and outside. They don't wear socks with shoes as often.

I wear socks most of the time but that is because I normally wear boots or hi tops, but I have a hard time finding dress shoes and the ones I do have don't fit with socks on and I know most dress shoes are like that and hi heels are worse. Plus like people have said wearing socks with a dress or skirt does not normally look very good.