QOTD 3 ★ Q600: What is your favorite Sanrio character? [With bonus question! Important announcement in the question post on page 370!]

Specta

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Previous: I don't do anything for luck, and should probably start because of perpetual bad luck. Like, never-rolling-above-10-in-a-four-hour-D&D-session level.

Current: Hard G

Initially I pronounced it like jif until I said the word in front of my girlfriend-at-the-time and she laughed at me.

Then I looked it up in the dicitionary and it said gif, so since then I've pronounced it gif.

But for the purpose of this QOTD I looked it up in the dictionary again and it says both pronunciations are correct, so I'm going to use both now. 8]

darn, I missed so many

Q589: At what temperature does it start to get too cold to you?

I stayed without a jacket at 4 degrees Celsius without feeling much (though, there was no wind). I also pulled a few no jackets at -10 degrees Celsius with wind, but that was actually quite cold

Q590: Do you have anything you do for "luck?"

Pray.

this

Q591: How do YOU pronounce GIF?

I have no clue how I say it ;~;

same, so I just go with "G" "I" "F" as letters

I pronounce it with the hard G. Because I don't want people to mistake me talking about Peanut Butter.

like gift

jif is reserved for peanut butter

literally this

and I think the bolded might actually explain why I pronounce it as I do holy shit

euklyd we at 590, not 560

shush, you

and I think the bolded might actually explain why I pronounce it as I do holy shit

wait I'm dumb I pronounce it with the hard 'G' because that's the correct way