Ten Years of Tellius!

Anacybele

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to see the height differences between PoR Ike and RD Ike myself, as well as PoR Boyd and RD Boyd. Mist says both of them kept growing like beanstalks. XD

Something tedious

Something equally tedious

I think a little tolerance and basic courtesy goes a long way!

I'm surprised that there wasn't an FE9!Ike or even a FE13!Ike alternate in Smash, I just thought it would have made sense. I guess that's what I get for never really finishing FE10, I'm still used to Weenie!Ike.

Yeah, you're right, Shin, but... Yeah, you're just right. There's really nothing else to it. xP

I really wanted Ike to have a Vanguard alternate in Smash myself, because Vanguard Ike is my absolute favorite design in all of FE. :( Hero Ike is second though.

PoR Ike has crappy res too, actually. And he starts out fairly weak. RD Ike doesn't. And like I said, RD Ike gets two weapons, PoR Ike does not.

Also, the reason RD Ike can't solo RD is because he ISN'T USABLE IN EVERY CHAPTER. xP

Really? I've been playing through PoR (albeit on normal) and I easily got Ike to level 20 by chapter 8 and he is a killing machine. Nonetheless RD Ike is pretty killer too.

Ike is my all time favorite main FE character. Path of Radiance was the first materiallized FE game I had, though I played the GBA ones on emulators. I'm not counting those.

I have yet to play Radiant Dawn, however, so I have not seen Ike at his full extent. But he is one of my mains in Smash next to Mario and Link. I'd love to see Ike (and the rest, but mostly Ike) get more attention outside of the world of Fire Emblem one day...

Really? I've been playing through PoR (albeit on normal) and I easily got Ike to level 20 by chapter 8 and he is a killing machine. Nonetheless RD Ike is pretty killer too.

Yeah, Ike starts out with just 5 strength, 5 defense, 7 speed, etc. That's not bad, but it's not really good either and I've actually lost him in chapter 1 of PoR at least once. He can't even double the axe guys right away and they have more strength than he does. It only takes a couple blows for Ike to fall to them, especially the boss. His growths and Aether are what cause him to become a killing machine later.

Same with RD Ike, except he's a bit better. RD Ike has better strength and skill, but the same defense growth. His speed growth is a bit bad, but he starts out with nice speed to compensate for that, unlike, say, Micaiah who just remains slow and frail as hell (other than her res). And once he gets axes and Aether, hoo boy...

...Alright, I've honestly had it with you.

Will you just go the fuck away and never speak to me? I'm getting tired of you saying "shit lord" every time you mention Ike or go into a thread related to him. If you hate Ike so much, WHY NOT JUST IGNORE THIS THREAD AND ALL IKE/TELLIUS THREADS ENTIRELY. You don't see me saying "shit lord" every time Lucina is brought up or "shit lord" every time Micaiah is brought up. Or "meh lord" whenever Roy is. And I rarely ever go to the GBA FE section because Sacred Stones is the only one of the three I like much at all (and of course, I never even played FE6 and have no interest in it). I also don't post in the Awakening section much anymore.

Also, I DID say that FE's 25th was a bigger subject. I never said Ike's anniversary was more important. I just felt like creating this thread to make note of it, not to say Ike matters and we can pretend the rest of FE doesn't exist. I even suggested that this year be for both him AND Marth. Not just him. And if someone wants to make a 25th anniversary thread, they can! I'm not stopping them. I might even do it myself.

Just get the fuck out of this thread. I won't have you ruining this for people that actually DO like Ike. So take your minority opinions elsewhere, thank you.

The Taninator: I think RD Ike is better than his PoR self, honestly. RD Ike starts out with amazing base stats and has great growths and he gets axes upon promotion. PoR Ike remains swordlocked the whole game. The only thing he has over his RD self is a better speed growth.

If I could like posts here on SF, I would so like this. You tell him, Ana!

Now I wonder who'll create the 25 Year Anniversary when the time rolls by. Anyways, congratulations to Ike! I myself have not played PoR, but I should definitely get around to that. I'm on the third part of RD, and I'll be finishing that soon too.

Heh, thanks Carter. :)

But let's try not to provoke any drama. I don't want to rile up Glaceon anymore than I already might have. I might not like how she (first time I saw her around, she had her gender listed as female...) bashes Ike all the time, but I do have some respect for her. Like me, she seems to have a bunch of minority opinions, yet she doesn't let that get to her. I try not to let it get to me either, but it's hard.

And she likes Luigi, so that's cool with me too. XD

But back on topic, you should play PoR as soon as you get the chance! Imo, it has better character development than RD for the most part because of a better support system. The gameplay isn't quite as good though. But it still has a great story and characters, and the gameplay still isn't really bad at all.

Edited by Anacybele

PoR Ike is pretty evidently the better unit. Being bro for the ENTIRE GAME, and only slightly less bro in midgame, is better than being equally bro for only a bit more than half of the game. Call unique utility a mulligan, and RD!Ike's somewhat superior offense, reduced need for (admittedly, not even remotely difficult or suboptimal) investment, and earlier Ragnell access are balanced out by PoR!Ike's amazing supports, Regal Sword (making him one of few units capable of handling armors), and ability to tank a mage or two without just completely being exploded.

I consider RD Ike better simply because he's one of your best combat units in a significantly harder game. His speed isn't even an issue since he caps skill and strength right away making him one of the best candidates for BEXP and res isn't an issue either because enemy mages suck and he has earth affinity plus leadership stars.

PoR Ike on the other hand starts out and stays mediocre for a while and he's locked to one range for almost the entire game.

Yeah, I keep forgetting to mention that RD Ike has earlier access to Ragnell. And he still gets axes as well as swords once he promotes. Axes help him mow down the lance users that always give him a hard time in PoR. Also gives him the ability to use hammers and really lay the hurt on heavy knights.

Wtf @ people saying PoR Ike > RD Ike.

PoR Ike is a sword-locked unit in PoR, which basically makes him completely irrelevant from the start. The only time he would have a chance of being considered useful - at the beginning (because of unit limits) - is when he's at his worst statistically and is fighting a bunch of Lance users. But we already have Titania and Oscar, then we get Marcia and Kieran and Jill and no one cares about Ike anymore.

Ahem...

Happy 10 years for Tellius.

You don't see me saying "shit lord" every time Lucina is brought up or "shit lord" every time Micaiah is brought up. Or "meh lord" whenever Roy is.

I'm going to be honest, Ana, I think you do actually do this. At the very least, whenever I see you talking about Lucina or Chrom or Roy somewhere they're brought up, you always seem to take a dig at them … especially Chrom in SSB-related threads. I suppose this is how Glaceon feels whenever she sees you put down Roy and lords that she likes. Or how all the ORAS people felt when you were talking shit about a game they were hyped for.

Also, I get that most of you are probably joking about this, but at least one person on SF who wishes not to be named does not like the implication that Ike and Marth would fight like bratty children about having to share a year. Ike is very humble and would not want the attention, while Marth is dignified and not petty. At the very least, my friend thinks that this is a disservice and an insult to both their characters.

PoR!Ike > RD!Ike for me, personally. I wasn't really digging RD!Ike's new look, and he seemed to have the personality of a brick wall ;/ Also, resistance is my second favorite stat (I'm absolutely serious).

Yeah, in total both have the same total growthrate of 345% (magic in FE9 excluded).

However I tend to say Ike it's better because of his slightly better speed and defense growth.

Eph has a horse and uses lances

That said, he does have an avalability problem for the first section of the game, but Avoid in FE8 is so good his def is not a problem and his Speed is good enough to make him double 90% of FE8's sucky enemies. And avoid 90% of attacks too.

I'm going to be honest, Ana, I think you do actually do this.

Yeah, but I don't say "shit lord" or say negative things about characters I don't like in every single post where they're mentioned.

Also, I've noticed that whenever I put down a character, I'm called out for it (like the one, maybe two times I said Peach was a shit character), but whenever Glaceon bashes Ike, nobody bats an eye. Except for me, of course. That's really not fair.

Yeah, but I don't say "shit lord" or say negative things about characters I don't like in every single post where they're mentioned.

Also, I've noticed that whenever I put down a character, I'm called out for it (like the one, maybe two times I said Peach was a shit character), but whenever Glaceon bashes Ike, nobody bats an eye. Except for me, of course. That's really not fair.

I'm pretty sure this is more a case of you insulting characters you don't like, then getting offended when people insult characters you like. At least, that's what the Peach situation you just mentioned was.

It's true, though, that Glaceon Sage's post was totally unnecessary and needlessly aggressive. But let's try to not talk about Ephraim in here.

I don't have a problem with Glaceon hating Ike. I even said she can hate him all she wants. It's the constant bashing and constant use of "shit lord" that I have a problem with. But I could've been nicer anyway and I apologize for my outburst.

I have literally seen you do this to Lucina and Chrom and have called you out on it before. Maybe you didn't use the words "shit lord" exactly, but you have said very negative things about both, including how Chrom was undeserving to be in SSB and that Lucina is ugly. Even when neither opinion was relevant to the topic.

Also, I don't agree with Glaceon's post. I don't feel it was necessary and at the very least she should've only stated that the 25th anniversary of the series is more important than the 10th anniversary of a character. My issue is what RFoF said. You insult or make negative implications towards characters you don't like, then get upset and play the victim when you're called out on it. You claim that you wouldn't care if people were stating their dislike for a character you like, but as shown here you clearly do you care and you hate it. All I'm saying is that you need to better practice what you preach.

People may or may not like Ike, and even if you feel someone is hating him irrationally the best thing to do is to just let it go. You are not going to convince someone who hates Ike to like him, singlehandedly. However, it's very possible for someone to end up liking a character far less because they feel that a character is being shoved in their faces.

Just so you know, Ana, there's more ways to insult a character and its fans than calling it "shit". You've done this yourself in many, many ways, and with plenty of different characters and games.

You've also gotten angry for a lot less, including times when people were having rational discussion and you took it as character bashing. I recall the time when we were discussing who would win in a battle of Link Vs. Ike, and you couldn't stand that most people were saying Link.

I'll be quite frank: For a long while, I was very middling about Ike. I didn't love or hate. He was just there. But seeing you constantly shove the guy in our faces vastly decreased any good will I had toward the character.

I visibly facepalmed at the topic title. I get the enthusiasm over 10th anniversary, but really, the games themselves are a bigger deal than the "lord" in question.

And I still don't know what either of you are talking about. I'm not lying, I really don't know. I don't recall "insulting" any characters lately or talking much about Ike outside of this thread.

And I put emphasis on Ike because he's the main character of PoR.

I don't recall this Link vs Ike battle you're talking about either, Jave. But if it happened, it was probably a long time ago, before I learned any lessons on this.