Ten Years of Tellius!

Anacybele

Hey, guess what, FE fans? Ike's debut game, FE: Path of Radiance first came out in Japan in April of 2005. That was almost ten years ago now, making this year the 10th anniversary of the Tellius saga as well as its main character, Ike! This year is also the 25th anniversary of the series since FE1 came out in 1990!

This is such a special year for FE that I feel this thread should be made. ^^ Ike, in just ten years, has already become a pretty iconic character in the Nintendo world, mostly due to Smash Bros. But even within FE alone, he's the only main character not named Marth to have a starring role in more than one title. He's also the only main character with two games released out west. So he definitely holds iconicness out here. Then he was added to the playable cast in Smash Bros. and the rest is history.

Maybe we should even make this year a sort of unofficial Year of Ike and Marth just for kicks! For now though, here's a timeline of the history of the Tellius games.

Timeline of the Tellius Saga

2005: Ike's first game, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, is released and he makes his debut in the gaming world

2008: Ike's second game, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, is released

2008: Ike makes his debut in the Super Smash Bros. series as a playable character when Brawl is released

2012/2013: Ike is included as DLC and Spotpass content in Fire Emblem: Awakening

2013: Ike is teased as part of the cast in the upcoming Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem crossover game for the Wii U

2014: Ike returns to the Super Smash Bros. series as a playable character in Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U

2015: The soundtracks for both of the Tellius games are slated to be released (in Japan at least)

2015: SMT x FE is released (?)

2015: Ike's Amiibo figure is compatible with the game Code Name Steam and can add him to the action

That's a good bit right there for just ten years, if I do say so myself!

If you've played one or both of his games, when did you first play them? Did you like them? Do you still play them?

PoR was my first FE game and I got it in the summer of 2009. I became interested when I picked up Ike in Smash Bros. Brawl and looked his game up. I was almost immediately craving to play it! And of course, I absolutely loved it when I did and I obviously became a huge fan of Ike. lol I'm going to make some fanart of him to celebrate this milestone. ^^

I would play both PoR and RD more, but considering how hard they are to find these days, I don't want them to stop working and then be unable to play them again. I'm always hoping for some kind of re-release for this reason. But I still loved them both to pieces!

For FE's 25th anniversary, there should probably be a separate thread, as that's a much bigger subject than this. :P

Let's hope this thread lasts through April too. lol If not, I'll just make another one. XD

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's hope this thread lasts through April too. lol If not, I'll just make another one. XD

why didn't you just make this thread in april, lol

regardless happy almost birthday me

Cause I just couldn't wait. XD

And I didn't want someone else to beat me to it. lol

EDIT: Ah, I forgot to add SMT x FE to that timeline. lol The teaser trailer first came out in 2012, didn't it?

Edited by Anacybele

Uh, I like Ike well enough, but let's not make an unofficial "year of the Ike" when Marth, the most important lord of FE, hasn't so much as gotten an unofficial year dedicated to him on Serenes Forest.

Cheers, Ike. Whatever.

Uh, I like Ike well enough, but let's not make an unofficial "year of the Ike" when Marth, the most important lord of FE, hasn't so much as gotten an unofficial year dedicated to him on Serenes Forest.

Cheers, Ike. Whatever.

Ah, that is indeed true. But the whole "Year of" thing didn't really start until Luigi got one. lol so maybe the year should be dedicated to both Marth AND Ike. ^^

Ah, that is indeed true. But the whole "Year of" thing didn't really start until Luigi got one. lol so maybe the year should be dedicated to both Marth AND Ike. ^^

Then they'd argue...

"My sword is gold and yours is boring colored and I'm the only FE lord who's not royal/never becomes royal! I'm obviously more deserving of the year!"

"Well I was the first so I'm more important! And I actually get to marry my pegasus princess in canon, unlike SOMEBODY who has to rely on fan content!"

Etc...

Yeah, I was in that same boat!

Then they'd argue...

"My sword is gold and yours is boring colored and I'm the only FE lord who's not royal/never becomes royal! I'm obviously more deserving of the year!"

"Well I was the first so I'm more important! And I actually get to marry my pegasus princess in canon, unlike SOMEBODY who has to rely on fan content!"

Etc...

Haha, that could happen too. XD

Haha, that could happen too. XD

It probably would...or maybe they'd surprise us and share the year instead of fighting over it like a couple of kindergartners.

I actually got into FE, well, with FE. PoR was probably the first I owned, but my friend showed me Blazing Sword, I thought it was interesting. Same friend got me into Zelda.

Then they'd argue...

Etc...

IKE X MIA FOREVER!

*cough* Sorry. Anyways, there was nothing special about PoR for me at first, having gotten in back in the SS era, until the tier-list debates and RP's started... If those things hadn't happened I'd probably have gone on to be a reasonable and productive member of society. Instead I wasted years debating smash and wandering internet RP's.

Ike is and always has been my favorite MC for the entire FE series. It doesn't even feel like it's been ten years, and yet it feels so much longer. As much as I love all the FE MCs (which is pretty good considering in a long series like FE with so many games, I don't usually end up liking all the MCs), Ike wins for me by far.

I just have a lot of feelings about him.

IKE X MIA FOREVER!

*cough* Sorry. Anyways, there was nothing special about PoR for me at first, having gotten in back in the SS era, until the tier-list debates and RP's started... If those things hadn't happened I'd probably have gone on to be a reasonable and productive member of society. Instead I wasted years debating smash and wandering internet RP's.

what happened to sonic sword mia x rhys

10 years of Tellius would be a cooler title.

Yes, but as you say, Ike is the mascot of both games, and not every Tellius character appears in both games. lol Some are only in RD. XD

Oh, because ten years of the first shitlord is so much more important than 25 years of the series!

/sarcasm

I mean, 4/20/1990 being FE1's release date, I'd think that would get a topic first

Ninty should so give him his own year like they did with Luigi...

Haha no.

If anything, this year is 25 years of FE first.

10 years of Tellius would be a cooler title.

However Ike is the mascot of my two favourite videogames of all time.

And in FE9 he's probably the second best lord in the series behind Sigurd.

So happy birthday Ike and Tellius in advance.

Ephraim though.

Ironically I wouldn't be here or played FE at all if it wasn't for the fact that I liked him in smash.

10 years later, we still like Ike.

I don't

...Alright, I've honestly had it with you.

Will you just go the fuck away and never speak to me? I'm getting tired of you saying "shit lord" every time you mention Ike or go into a thread related to him. If you hate Ike so much, WHY NOT JUST IGNORE THIS THREAD AND ALL IKE/TELLIUS THREADS ENTIRELY. You don't see me saying "shit lord" every time Lucina is brought up or "shit lord" every time Micaiah is brought up. Or "meh lord" whenever Roy is. And I rarely ever go to the GBA FE section because Sacred Stones is the only one of the three I like much at all (and of course, I never even played FE6 and have no interest in it). I also don't post in the Awakening section much anymore.

Also, I DID say that FE's 25th was a bigger subject. I never said Ike's anniversary was more important. I just felt like creating this thread to make note of it, not to say Ike matters and we can pretend the rest of FE doesn't exist. I even suggested that this year be for both him AND Marth. Not just him. And if someone wants to make a 25th anniversary thread, they can! I'm not stopping them. I might even do it myself.

Just get the fuck out of this thread. I won't have you ruining this for people that actually DO like Ike. So take your minority opinions elsewhere, thank you.

The Taninator: I think RD Ike is better than his PoR self, honestly. RD Ike starts out with amazing base stats and has great growths and he gets axes upon promotion. PoR Ike remains swordlocked the whole game. The only thing he has over his RD self is a better speed growth.

Edited by Anacybele

The Taninator: I think RD Ike is better than his PoR self, honestly. RD Ike starts out with amazing base stats and has great growths and he gets axes upon promotion. PoR Ike remains swordlocked the whole game. The only thing he has over his RD self is a better speed growth.

Ummm... no.

His bases in FE10 might be great and he is a physical wall.

Though his speed growth sucks, the same (35%) as Soren's and Micaiah's. And his resistance is terrible. A critcal hit of a thundersage can one-shot him unlike in FE9.

Without wasting bexp. in him, he would be highly likely doubled by BK in 3-7.

FE9 Ike can play a solo much easier than in FE10 because of his much better resistance.

Edited by The Taninator

PoR Ike has crappy res too, actually. And he starts out fairly weak. RD Ike doesn't. And like I said, RD Ike gets two weapons, PoR Ike does not.

Also, the reason RD Ike can't solo RD is because he ISN'T USABLE IN EVERY CHAPTER. xP

Edited by Anacybele

Ok...

1. FE9 Ike has 0 base res. that's true. However he has 40% res. growth (same as defense). While FE10 Ike has 7 base res. for a second tier (!!!) unit and 15% growth.
  2. In FE10 in part 3 Ike is about 5-7 levels higher than the enemies so he can deal more damage and take more hits of course.

Right. I'm not saying that I think RD Ike is way better than his PoR self. He does still have the flaws of lower speed and res growths. I think he only outdoes his PoR self by a little bit.