Ten Years of Tellius!

Anacybele

Anyways, Tellius is really my favorite world in the series, and I hope that there might be some significance to having the OSTs release this year. Even if it just means that the saga will get like a port or something like that, any thing's better than another Archanea thing at this point >u>

Edited by Red Fox of Fire
Quote removed.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair as niche as the games are they do kinda mark the return of Fire Emblem to consoles after a rather long hiatus. Remember the last FE game released on a home console prior to PoR was Thracia 776 which was back in 1999. Thats almost a 6 year gap.

Who the heck counts Smash 3DS & WiiU as different games.

Sakurai

He's confirmed 3DS is 4 and Wii U is 5, so it's as good a reason as any to count them separately

Besides, all they really share is a cast.

But regardless, back on topic.

I like FE10, it was my first FE game and my favorite after the GBA games. FE9 was okay... at best.

I don't know the more I play PoR I can see the merits to both but Radiant Dawn still remains my favorite. In PoR Ike is hands down more dynamic in his development and the supports are freakin awesome also the Black Knight is a legitament threat. In Radiant Dawn the world is explored much better through playing as different armies and I actually thought the whole mechanic of splitting them into three armies at the end was really cool. Oh and you get an epic final boss. So all in all its best to play the two back to back if you can.

To be fair as niche as the games are they do kinda mark the return of Fire Emblem to consoles after a rather long hiatus. Remember the last FE game released on a home console prior to PoR was Thracia 776 which was back in 1999. Thats almost a 6 year gap.

PoR also marks FE's transition to 3D. It's the first 3D FE game. :)

...I just notice that. But it's also a bit hard to notice, when game-quality maintains itself, regardless of graphics. For example, according to fans, it's unfair to compare 3D Zeldas to 2D ones.

On another note I think that Tellius has the best unit/character designs in the series. They manage to be unique without seeming impractical, make sense, and manage to not be bland. I'm particularly a fan of the swordmaster/trueblade,general/marshal, and Ike's hero design.

Edited by TacoMan42

Welp, that escalated quickly.

Personally, I found Ike to be one of the most boring FE lords. But I'd be down with a 10 years Tellius anniversary. After all, this series gave us Geoffrey, Bastian, Lucia and Elincia. <3

My view on Ike is kinda two-fold. PoR is pretty much all about him growing up into a leader and dealing with the death of his father. Very good story and shows him develop quite a bit. While he is a good guy he is impulsive at first and headstrong. RD Ike is about Ike finally becoming his father's equal if not more and being the "hero" he was meant to be. So in a sense I can see why people might see RD Ike as kinda bland because he's already matured and he's already the hero. However, if you play both games back to back you'll see how he changes through the course of the story as a character particularly how he handles situations.

Welp, that escalated quickly.

Personally, I found Ike to be one of the most boring FE lords. But I'd be down with a 10 years Tellius anniversary. After all, this series gave us Geoffrey, Bastian, Lucia and Elincia. <3

I'm the opposite of you then. I found Geoffrey to be incredibly boring while I obviously loved everything about Ike. xP

I really liked Elincia though. Lucia and Bastian are meh. But honest to goodness, I wanted to like Geoffrey. He's a handsome knight that's all about chivalry! That's my type of dude. But I don't think he was written nearly as well as he could've been. It was probably his lack of screentime.

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, I hated that too. I wanted him to settle down with an Elincia that didn't actually stay queen. :( Ike just up and vanishing didn't seem like him at all. He called the mercenaries his family and Elincia hinted that she liked her life with them better than she liked her life as a queen. ("I never wanted to be queen!" one of her quotes to Leanne)

Edited by Anacybele

Elincia said that when she was under a lot of pressure from the nobles and she didn't have the support of Lucia (kidnapped), Geoffrey (lured to what turned out to be a distraction) or Bastian (abroad). Afterwards she does show to be more than comfortable taking her responsibility as a queen.

It's not in Ike's character to engage in a romantic relationship. He makes a conscious effort to avoid Aimee's offers and never shows affection towards Elincia. Rather, he's very strict about treating her as his employer all the time. The only girl he supports with besides Titania (clearly more of a mother figure) is Lethe and they are mostly all about training. He does accept an awkwardly delivered invitation to live in Gallia but all he praises about Lethe is her fighting abilities.

tl;dr Ike ignores bitches and acquires currency

The only time I saw any romantic hinting with Ike/Elincia is in the very last animated scene in PoR, and I thought Ike's personality...wasn't necessarily OOC, but it was just really weird to see him act all charming and rhetorical, when throughout the game his dialogue is blunt and awkward.

Then again I'm a biased Ike/Mia kind of guy.

Ryan-Gosling-Shrug.gif

Edited by Radiant head

I didn't ask for any debates. It also doesn't matter what either of you say, I felt that there was definitely strong potential for Ike and Elincia to have a relationship. Also, whether or not Elincia was ever under any pressure or grew more comfortable, it doesn't make her statement false.

Edited by Anacybele

I'm probably one of the only people who ships Ike with Lethe, I was a big Ike/Elincia supporter back when I first played PoR, but my mind changed after awhile.

Ike and Lethe have really good supports and interesting chemistry imo

I didn't ask for any debates. It also doesn't matter what either of you say,

Welp, there it is again. Since you said you have difficulties sometimes to understand why people are offended by your words, let me explain. This is a very rude way to phrase "I interpret these things differently, but we are all entitled to our own views". And you did participate in the discussion (and therewith encouraging it), so you saying that you don't want debates the moment people express an different opinion than your own makes you seem hypocritical.

I wasn't trying to debate/argue; just giving my thoughts on that since it came up. I have some pairing preferences to an extent, but I don't care about them nearly enough to get into huge arguments about them.

Well, your post looked like it was trying to argue against mine. My mistake. I apologize.

I'm probably one of the only people who ships Ike with Lethe, I was a big Ike/Elincia supporter back when I first played PoR, but my mind changed after awhile.

Ike and Lethe have really good supports and interesting chemistry imo

I like the idea of those two as well... But they wouldn't have any children. Laguz lose their transforming abilities if they have a child with a beorc and Lethe doesn't seem like she would ever give hers up for any reason, if you ask me. She's feisty and proudly a part of the Gallian army. You could say that they don't HAVE to have kids, but Priam kind of exists now. :P And it's fun to give pairings children, imo.

Honestly, the only Ike pairing I dislike is Ike x Mia. I'm fine with him being with anyone else, even a totally random unnamed girl. Elincia is just my favorite possible wife for him. I also wish Elincia had more options though. I can't see her with a random unnamed guy because Ike and Geoffrey exist. And I find her and Geoffrey to just be a weird, boring pairing. And rather cliche. Ike x Elincia is kinda cliche too, but... I still think it puts a unique spin on the whole hero x princess thing.

Edited by Anacybele

Well, your post looked like it was trying to argue against mine. My mistake. I apologize.

I like the idea of those two as well... But they wouldn't have any children. Laguz lose their transforming abilities if they have a child with a beorc and Lethe doesn't seem like she would ever give hers up for any reason, if you ask me. She's feisty and proudly a part of the Gallian army. You could say that they don't HAVE to have kids, but Priam kind of exists now. :P And it's fun to give pairings children, imo.

Honestly, the only Ike pairing I dislike is Ike x Mia. I'm fine with him being with anyone else, even a totally random unnamed girl. Elincia is just my favorite possible wife for him. I also wish Elincia had more options though. I can't see her with a random unnamed guy because Ike and Geoffrey exist. And I find her and Geoffrey to just be a weird, boring pairing. And rather cliche.

You do hold a valid point on the no children thing, but I kind of feel it may change later in their lives if they had been a couple. (shrugs).

I think Ike x Mia has its cuteness, But I always liked Mia with Rhys so yeah.

Also while Geoffrey and Elincia may be cliche, I still like it quite a bit, a romantic like me loves a good ol Knight and Lady romance.

Maybe, but I really just don't know with Lethe. xP

I like Rhys with Titania. I like the idea of Mia with Boyd because both are into training and stuff and I think they'd have good chemistry, but they didn't even get one conversation. :(

I don't mind Boyd x Mist either though. I just prefer Rolf x Mist in this case.

Geoffrey and Elincia... I just find them weird because of the milk/foster sibling thing. They're the equivalent of step siblings since Lucia and Elincia consider one another sisters and all three were raised together. I just see them as more brother/sister figures to each other. I'm also just not into knight x princess pairings. There's only been one exception to that so far and that's Seth x Eirika.