Ten Years of Tellius!

Anacybele

Maybe, but I really just don't know with Lethe. xP

I like Rhys with Titania. I like the idea of Mia with Boyd because both are into training and stuff and I think they'd have good chemistry, but they didn't even get one conversation. :(

I don't mind Boyd x Mist either though. I just prefer Rolf x Mist in this case.

Geoffrey and Elincia... I just find them weird because of the milk/foster sibling thing. They're the equivalent of step siblings since Lucia and Elincia consider one another sisters and all three were raised together. I just see them as more brother/sister figures to each other. I'm also just not into knight x princess pairings. There's only been one exception to that so far and that's Seth x Eirika.

I actually like Boyd with Titania funny enough.

I also like Rolf with Mist though.

I can see where you are coming from with the foster sibling thing, but eh I don't think it matters all THAT much despite it.

Edited by Jedi

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My co-author likes Boyd x Titania and Rhys x Mia too. lol Those are the only two Tellius pairings we don't agree on and have switched around. XD Otherwise, he and I ship the same exact ones.

Well, I have step siblings, and I just feel like Geoffrey and Elincia getting together would be no different than me marrying one of my step brothers, even if my mom and stepdad divorced. xP

Edited by Anacybele

I still want to see Blade Lord Shinon.

I still think Snipers should have been able to use daggers. I mean Shinon has a sheath right on his hip iirc.

I'm actually creating a princess that uses bows and daggers. I like the idea myself. And Shinon is awesome. lol

I mean plus archers/snipers tend to be Hunters of sorts. It would make sense to have a knife or blade.

I don't go bow hunting without a knife and or a skinning knife. (despite my squeamishness).

Yeah, I agree. The laguz even have knives that they use for skinning and stuff. Lethe explains that she uses hers to pick small bones out of her prey. And both Kurthnaga and Tibarn have daggers/knives at their sides, I believe.

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah I'm kind of surprised now that IS gave sages knives as an option, but not marksmen.

Although idk how practical it would be, since you would have to have it equipped beforehand if you're using it to counterattack, and if you're not counterattacking you may as well just step back and use the bow.

Edited by Radiant head

Shinon is a great character and a ridiculous unit.

Just read this here, and admir at how true it is

Shinon is ridiculous
This is a clip of Shinon's epic story in Radiant Dawn. Starting in 3-P.
Shinon: Hey guys, what's up? Sorry I was so terrible in FE9, lemme pwn the crap out of everything in this game to make up for it.
Ike: Weird, I thought you had LOLBASES in FE9 and WTFGROWTHS. Why do you now have WTFBASES and WTFGROWTHS?
Shinon: By the way, you paladins, I outtank you. I have more HP/def/avoid/res than you. And I'm a sniper.
Titania; WTF? I thought we're the frontliners!
Oscar: I wanna jump off a cliff.
Shinon: Don't worry, I have WTFTHUNDER affinity and 45% def growth and a stupidly high def cap for some reason, so I'm gonna be outtanking you and 90% of the team for the entire game. I actually have the best HP/def combo of everyone in this little pack other than Ike and Gatrie. By the way, I double everything on the map. With crit. Give me a killer bow and the enemy's gone. Or some lightly forged steel bow. Actually, I could probably kill them with my fist. Or my pe-
Boyd: But you can't attack at 1-range!
Shinon: Haha, go try and plug up that chokepoint then.
Boyd: I'll show you! *dies*
Shinon: BY the way, Rolf, you're my apprentice, but you're never going to surpass me.
Rolf: What? But I thought the apprentice always surpasses the master!
Shinon: I'm mother****ing Obi-Wan.
Rolf: Then what's the point of me existing?
Shinon: To make me look good.
And then the story continues a little down the line, after Shinon promotes.
Shinon: Hey guys, what's up?
Boyd: You know what's up? You're dragging us down with your not countering and stuff!
Shinon: Oh yeah, about that. I just promoted, so now I can attack at 3-range.
Titania: WTF? As if giving you +crit and a mastery that takes up less capacity than others wasn't enough?
Shinon: Yeah, 3-range lets me attack an enemy from like 20 possible squares, so now I can basically position myself anywhere I want without getting out of formation. It's almost like I have canto without the drawbacks of a horse! I'm also never gonna get countered by anything on Player Phase. That includes dragons, Levail, Degh, Ashera, Han Solo, SlayerS_'Boxer', Andrew W.K., Gandalf the Grey, Gandalf the White, Monty Python and the Holy Grail's Black Knight...
*3 hours later*
Shinon: ...Rick Astley, Michael Jackson, LeBron James, and Captain Planet. Even MC Hammer can't touch me. The only thing that can hit me at 3-range is Snake's uptilt.
Gatrie: But you still can't counter at 1-range!
Shinon: Gatrie, there's a tree with a skirt over there.
Gatrie: Really?
And then the story continues, up until 4-E...
Shinon: Hey look this nub sniper was carrying the Double Bow. It's mine now.
Sothe: What the hell? It has 22 mt and +3 str and 1-2 range?
Shinon: Yeah. So now I can attack at 1-3 range with a 25 att bow, double everything with crit and deadeye chance, and I'm still mother****ing tanky. Move aside everyone, I have a map to solo.
Ike: Wtf? Shinon's better than me now!
Tibarn: Me too! And to think IS purposely tried to rig me and give me godly stats, and I'm not even the best in my part of the game! What's this bull-
Levail: Give me a break. At least you guys are fighting with Shinon!
All the generic enemies in the map: But strength in numbers! If we all fight Shinon at the same time, surely he'll die!
Shinon: LOLNO
*Shinon solos the map*
Ike: FFFFFFFFFFFFF-
Moral of the story: If Shinon had 1-range options outside of Double Bow that didn't suck ass (aka not crappy crossbows), he probably would've been better than Haar, and certainly better than Ike.

Ya I loaned Gatrie and Shinon to Micaiah's team in Part 4 and he almost solo'd the prologue. The enemy always goes after him because he can't 1-range, and the next turn doesn't go well for them.

Astrid was by far my favorite archer in PoR. Having the mount is super-nifty, and w/ Paragon she became unstoppable. I dunno what happened in RD.

Makalov got to her, that's what. lol I don't think he was ever a great unit.

Makalulz is actually very good in FE9 (then again, WHAT PALADIN ISN'T) and he's actually rather solid in FE10 as well...he may just be underrated. His Spd just ramcaps, his Def grows really well, he'll have great dodge thanks to fantastic Spd + Luck and later access to Axes.

Mak's still better than a lot of other units that join around or slightly earlier than he does, for example Brom, Nephenee, and Zihark. A dump of a few levels of bexp catches him up, and he arguably has the best raw stats of the paladins. His biggest issue is sword-lock before promotion, but afterward, he gets axes so problem solved. As for RD, he's no doubt worse, but that's mostly issues of availability, which is a pretty big deal. But he's still probably better than a decent chunk of units. He's also pretty good for endgame provided you feel like putting the effort into getting him to a reasonably level.

Edited by bottlegnomes

I actually never really trained Astrid in both games.
In FE9 I get Rolf as bowuser, who never disappointed me. And he has better support options than Astrid.
I tried to train her in FE10 with the skill combination "paragon" and "blossom", which failed.

Huh, I always thought Makalov came in too late in PoR to be any good and in RD Paladins got nerfed a bit. Kieran and Oscar remained great though, imo.

Makalulz is actually very good in FE9 (then again, WHAT PALADIN ISN'T) and he's actually rather solid in FE10 as well...he may just be underrated. His Spd just ramcaps, his Def grows really well, he'll have great dodge thanks to fantastic Spd + Luck and later access to Axes.

Makalov is a great unit in both games. In FE10 he even has the highest speed growth of all units! However his class caps aren't very good.
His main problem is his personality, which disgusts many people.

I hate him too since the moment, when in my first FE9 playthrough he attacked his sister and after that Marcia critted him fatally. :facepalm:

So I missed the best recruitment in FE. I thought he'd talk to her and join automatically.

Edited by The Taninator

I actually never really trained Astrid in both games.

In FE9 I get Rolf as bowuser, who never disappointed me. And he has better support options than Astrid.

I tried to train her in FE10 with the skill combination "paragon" and "blossom", which failed.

Makalov is a great unit in both games. In FE10 he even has the highest speed growth of all units! However his class caps aren't very good.

His main problem is his personality, which disgust many people.

I hate him too since the moment, when in my first FE9 playthrough he attacked his sister and after that Marcia critted him fatally. :facepalm:

I thought he'd talk to her and join automatically.

Yay Marcia!

Sorry... I've always seen Makalov as little more than an ugly leech. Regardless, yes, Makalov in PoR is good (sword-lock isn't as bad as people make it out to be and a bigger problem is that he'll likely be very underleveled compared to the main party), and yes he does *technically* have the best raw stats of any paladin, but it's kind of outshined by Oscar and Kieran's earlier join-time (and Oscar's earth support) and Astrid's Paragon, both of which are far more valuable.

Yay Marcia!

Sorry... I've always seen Makalov as little more than an ugly leech. Regardless, yes, Makalov in PoR is good (sword-lock isn't as bad as people make it out to be and a bigger problem is that he'll likely be very underleveled compared to the main party), and yes he does *technically* have the best raw stats of any paladin, but it's kind of outshined by Oscar and Kieran's earlier join-time (and Oscar's earth support) and Astrid's Paragon, both of which are far more valuable.

Yeah, hard to justify another Paladin when I have Oscar, Kieran (they were unstoppable with A support), Titania, and Paragon Astrid. Those were basically my four riders of Crimea.

Edited by Radiant head

His main problem is his personality, which disgusts many people.

The whole "Paladins got nerfed" and regarding their caps, those issues are overstimated. They don't need 27 AS Spd caps to be able to double fairly well. 24 AS caps only doesn't double on 3-4, it can still double in 3-5 (because Paladin enemies suck), 3-7 (for some reason, enemies are lower-levelled here) and by 3-8 you should have Oscar promoted, if you are using him. The only one who sholud have a problem with caps is Kieran. 23 Spd cap is awful for a 2nd tier...anyway, in the end, their caps aren't low enough for it to matter. 34 AS is only important for the very very last chapter in the game.

The whole "Paladins got nerfed" and regarding their caps, those issues are overstimated. They don't need 27 AS Spd caps to be able to double fairly well. 24 AS caps only doesn't double on 3-4, it can still double in 3-5 (because Paladin enemies suck), 3-7 (for some reason, enemies are lower-levelled here) and by 3-8 you should have Oscar promoted, if you are using him. The only one who sholud have a problem with caps is Kieran. 23 Spd cap is awful for a 2nd tier...anyway, in the end, their caps aren't low enough for it to matter. 34 AS is only important for the very very last chapter in the game.

Well, I thought more about the third tier caps and mainly the final chapters.

I know that the second tier caps are still good enough to deal most enemies. On hard mode in 3-4 Oscar with maxed speed can still double everyone except for warriors and swordmasters.

However Makalov's problem is his availibilty. He must play almost a solo in 3-2 to get some levels to reach the cap.

Makalulz, like most of the CRKs (the exception probably being only Marcia), pretty much only have 3-11 & 3-E to play with. At 3-11, even in HM, there's quite the BEXP pool to go around.

Rabid Dawn has poop availability for 80% of its cast ( and poop plot except for Part II ) and Poop of Radiance has broken loladins. So yeah... the only thing I really like about these games are the character design and some of the music.

Also, this topic is three months too early. -_-

I can't believe it's already been ten years since Path of Radiance! I remember being so extremely hyped when it was released, and locking myself in my room to play all day long... I didn't have much going on. Also, I feel old now.

I LOVED these games - they might actually constitute my favourite "era" in FE history, although FE4/5 give them a run for their money gameplay-wise. In the end, these win out for me because of nostalgia reasons, since I actually went through the whole hype phase of hearing about it for the first time, watching news slowly leak out and getting to play it for the first time. Whenever I feel like replaying an older FE game these two are the ones I tend to go for - despite the fact that it means I have to dust off the ol' Wii.