Ten Years of Tellius!

Anacybele

Also, I don't agree with Glaceon's post. I don't feel it was necessary and at the very least she should've only stated that the 25th anniversary of the series is more important than the 10th anniversary of a character.

I did say that. I just checked. In the first line... even if it was Roy or Seliph, I'd feel the same. I just have a very stong hatred for the character that Anacybele just makes worse.

That said, after a short discussion about the issue, I do realize I was being a bit aggressive. So sorry about that. Even though I still feel this thread is 1. Way too early. At least wait for April. 2. A 25 years of FE thread was not made first. No matter how you look at it, ten years of one game is nothing compared to 25 of the series. Same would go even if the game in question wasn't my least favorite. EVEN IF IT WAS FE6, I'D THINK THAT. It's just... insignificant, if you will.

My hatred of Ike is strong, I know that. But please, do not attack me because of my bashing. If anything, I'll just like him less.

I don't insult you for hating on Roy. I encourage you to give his game a chance, yes, but I'm used to hate on characters I like, what with Micaiah, Roy, etc. being somewhat unpopular. So please, give me the same courtesy.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again, I DO NOT HATE ROY. I can't hate him, I haven't played his game. Can't anyone get that through their heads? I just find him meh from what little I know of him. Also, for the last time, I WILL NOT EVER PLAY HIS GAME.

And yes, you did say that the series' 25th was more important, but you said it in a rudely sarcastic manner.

I don't know why people don't like that I'm just trying to celebrate an anniversary. I'm not trying to shove Ike down everyone's throats. If I am, then Nintendo was shoving Luigi down everybody's in 2013. And no one complained about that. And I never said that this was anymore important than FE's 25th. Does it really matter that much that a thread for that wasn't made first?

Also, why should you be allowed to bash characters when I'm always called out for it if I even so much as say "this character is boring"?

Edited by Anacybele

I don't recall this Link vs Ike battle you're talking about either, Jave. But if it happened, it was probably a long time ago, before I learned any lessons on this.

Here you go. It's even you who starts the debate (I didn't even remember that part).

On Roy, I actually find him a lot more impressive than Ike considering what he does in his game, story wise. The sad thing is that most people don't look past his lousy stats to even witness the awesomeness that is Roy.

I did say that. I just checked. In the first line... even if it was Roy or Seliph, I'd feel the same. I just have a very stong hatred for the character that Anacybele just makes worse.

Well, all I meant was that I don't think the statement about disliking Ike was necessary, and the only statement that was needed was the 10th anniversary of Ike thread before the 25th anniversary of FE thing.

Also, Ana, Nintendo making a "year of the Luigi" is different. Because it's Nintendo, who MADE the game and the character? And Mario is infinitely more important than FE? And while you're not actively trying to shove Ike down people's throats, the way you say stuff like "only idiots wouldn't appreciate Ike" (and I have heard something similar to this said somewhere by you) really makes it sounds like you're implying all the "cool" kids like Ike.

I don't think you're understanding some peoples' issues with you. It's not that you aren't allowed to dislike characters. You are. It's not that you aren't allowed to voice your dislike. You are. However, when you get upset and complain about people hating characters you like, but then turn around and say it's your right to say whatever you want about characters you don't like, it comes off as hypocritical. And THIS is what people have a problem with.

Edited by Sunwoo

Once again, I DO NOT HATE ROY. I can't hate him, I haven't played his game. Can't anyone get that through their heads? I just find him meh from what little I know of him. Also, for the last time, I WILL NOT EVER PLAY HIS GAME.

And yes, you did say that the series' 25th was more important, but you said it in a rudely sarcastic manner.

I don't know why people don't like that I'm just trying to celebrate an anniversary. I'm not trying to shove Ike down everyone's throats. If I am, then Nintendo was shoving Luigi down everybody's in 2013. And no one complained about that. And I never said that this was anymore important than FE's 25th. Does it really matter that much that a thread for that wasn't made first?

Also, why should you be allowed to bash characters when I'm always called out for it if I even so much as say "this character is boring"?

A lot of what you say doesn't imply that you don't hate him. Just saying.

I was simply saying how it is. Yes, I was aggressive, but I'm always like that when this specific character is involved.

Because you get overly defensive. Because there is another more important anniversary coming up. Because when you made the thread you decided the overall topic of Ike was worth more than the series in making the thread about him rather than it, regardless of how you sugar coat it.

Luigi is not remotely the same. Unlike Ike, Luigi is an icon practically everyone recognizes. What's more, his event was official.

Yes it does. I have several agreeing members to back me up.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be allowed. I don't mind if you dislike them. It's not really my problem (even though I'm very against judging FE6 w/out playing it, that's very different). Just don't complain about me disliking a character you like.

Oh man....

zoJCDYB.gif

All of this is just glorious to read through

But on a serious note, I do like Ike, but calling someone out just for an opinion is not really the way to handle such issues

But glad that you decided to be the mature one and apologize to my friend

Edited by Shockmaster

I don't think you're understanding some peoples' issues with you. It's not that you aren't allowed to dislike characters. You are. It's not that you aren't allowed to voice your dislike. You are. However, when you get upset and complain about people hating characters you like, but then turn around and say it's your right to say whatever you want about characters you don't like, it comes off as hypocritical. And THIS is what people have a problem with.

I'm not allowed to voice my dislike, but I see Glaceon do it all over the place about Ike and nobody cares. This is what I don't like. That is all.

the way you say stuff like "only idiots wouldn't appreciate Ike" (and I have heard something similar to this said somewhere by you) really makes it sounds like you're implying all the "cool" kids like Ike.

The fuck? Why would I ever say such a stupid thing? Now I think you're mixing me up with someone else.

Also, the reason I chose to make this thread was because I wanted to be the one to make it. I was never trying to say that Ike is more important than FE as a whole. I don't know where anyone is getting that idea at all.

Luigi is not remotely the same. Unlike Ike, Luigi is an icon practically everyone recognizes. What's more, his event was official.

So I have permission to shove Luigi down people's throats, but not Ike? Wow, that makes a lot of sense.

Edited by Anacybele

I'm not allowed to voice my dislike, but I see Glaceon do it all over the place about Ike and nobody cares. This is what I don't like. That is all.

Most people would not care about you voicing your dislikes if you weren't a hypocrite about it. Yes, Glaceon is unnecessarily negative about Ike. People have called out Glaceon on various things, not just about Ike. But I have also seem you act like she does towards Ike in regards to Chrom and Lucina and you act like a victim when you're called out on it.

Stop turning yourself into a victim. You are just as much guilty of what she's doing, except with different characters. If it's not okay for her to complain about Ike everywhere, then it's not okay for you do complain about Chrom and Lucina everywhere. All I ask for is a little consistency. Because there are times when I feel like you think only you have the right to complain about characters you don't like, or people should only complain about characters you don't like.

The fuck? Why would I ever say such a stupid thing? Now I think you're mixing me up with someone else.

Except I'm not? No one in the entire SF forum fangirls over Ike more than you do, I think I'd know for sure if it were another Ike fangirl. I'll probably actually go look for said quote later, because I'm busy right now, but you HAVE said things that imply that only an idiot wouldn't like Ike.

So I have permission to shove Luigi down people's throats, but not Ike? Wow, that makes a lot of sense.

I have no idea how you even came to that conclusion. Luigi is from a bigger, iconic franchise. Is more recognizable than Ike or any other FE character. If Nintendo wants to make a "Year of the Luigi", that is their right as they made the Mario series and Luigi in the first place. If Nintendo wanted to make a "year of the Ike", I wouldn't complain. I don't think it's right for anyone to shove anything down people's throats. It is an insult.

Sigh... Again, I don't know why I even bother. No one's going to understand what I'm saying.

You are just as much guilty of what she's doing, except with different characters. If it's not okay for her to complain about Ike everywhere, then it's not okay for you do complain about Chrom and Lucina everywhere.

And I still have yet to see any proof that this is true.

but you HAVE said things that imply that only an idiot wouldn't like Ike.

If I did so, then I never intended to imply that. I would think that you would know this considering how much we've talked in PMs.

Anyway, I hate to say this, but this thread should be locked. All I wanted was to create a friendly anniversary thread and people had to ruin it.

Edited by Anacybele

I like PoR Ike, but not RD Ike. Oh well. Soloing FE9 with Ike on hard mode was pretty ridiculous and one of the easiest ways to play, though it is FE9 and not exactly the hardest.

Edited by Tryhard

I don't want to mess with the dispute anymore, if Ike is a good lord or not.

I gave my objective opinion, so it's done for me.

The only problem I have with this topic that the title is only focused on Ike. Much potential is wasted.

Like I already said it will be the 10th birthday of FE9 and this game has plenty more to offer than only one character!

FE9 has probably the best story of all FE games for the west, great characters, map designs and game mechanics.

You could talk so much more about this game than about Ike.

So I'm actually not surprised, if this topic annoys some people, who dislike Ike but love this game.

Tbh this discussion is more stuff for Far from the Forest than for the Path of Radiance section at the moment.

Edited by The Taninator

I don't want to mess with the dispute anymore, if Ike is a good lord or not.

I gave my objective opinion, so it's done for me.

The only problem I have with this topic that the title is only focussed on Ike. Much potential is wasted.

Like I already said it will be the 10th birthday of FE9 and this game has plenty more to offer than only one character!

FE9 has probably the best story of all FE games for the west, great characters, map designs and game mechanics.

You could talk so much more about this game than about Ike.

So I'm actually not surprised, if this topic annoys some people, who dislike Ike but love this game.

Tbh this discussion is more stuff for Far from the Forest than for the Path of Radiance section at the moment.

Like I said, I focused it on Ike because he's the main character and the most iconic part of the Tellius saga. Nintendo didn't make the Year of Luigi the 30th anniversary of Mario Bros. or the Year of Mario Bros., they made it the 30th anniversary of Luigi and the Year of Luigi.

But if people really don't like that this thread is Ike-based. I'll change the title and update the OP.

Like I said, I focused it on Ike because he's the main character and the most iconic part of the Tellius saga. Nintendo didn't make the Year of Luigi the 30th anniversary of Mario Bros. or the Year of Mario Bros., they made it the 30th anniversary of Luigi and the Year of Luigi.

But if people really don't like that this thread is Ike-based. I'll change the title and update the OP.

Luigi is far more iconic and he's recognizable enough to warrant a big celebration. Year of Luigi was also accompanied with FIVE games with playable Luigi. It actually made sense for the anniversary to focus on the character rather than the Mario Bros. game.

And I think Ike is more iconic than his games are. Ike is as well known as he is because of Smash, honestly. I'm just not understanding your argument here. My apologies...

Edited by Anacybele

ike might be in smt x fe , yes! Congratulations to PoR Ike for being apart of the gaming world for 10 years.

Edited by Serah

...Alright, I've honestly had it with you.

Will you just go the fuck away and never speak to me? I'm getting tired of you saying "shit lord" every time you mention Ike or go into a thread related to him. If you hate Ike so much, WHY NOT JUST IGNORE THIS THREAD AND ALL IKE/TELLIUS THREADS ENTIRELY. You don't see me saying "shit lord" every time Lucina is brought up or "shit lord" every time Micaiah is brought up. Or "meh lord" whenever Roy is. And I rarely ever go to the GBA FE section because Sacred Stones is the only one of the three I like much at all (and of course, I never even played FE6 and have no interest in it). I also don't post in the Awakening section much anymore.

Just get the fuck out of this thread. I won't have you ruining this for people that actually DO like Ike. So take your minority opinions elsewhere, thank you.

rekt

I get that you like Ike and she doesn't but Glac is cool, and I don't really think she deserved that. :C

EDIT: Just saw RFOF's post. Glad I didn't go too crazy.

Edited by Apparition

And I think Ike is more iconic than his games are. Ike is as well known as he is because of Smash, honestly. I'm just not understanding your argument here. My apologies...

Neither is particularly iconic, honestly. Ike is just the main character in two games that are incredibly rare in a series that's already pretty niche. The point I'm trying to make is that at least to me, you're undermining the importance of the universe and characters that debuted with FE9 by making this anniversary solely about Ike.

I don't deny the intention of this thread is a good one, but at least in the eyes of most people on this board, there were bigger priorities for this thread to celebrate.

Ike is also playable in two Smash Bros. games, three if you count the 3DS and Wii U ones separately. Like I said, his iconicness comes from there. I know his games are rare and niche.

But fine, I'll change the OP.

Posted · Hidden by Florete, January 6, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Florete, January 6, 2015 - No reason given

Oops, guess I'm a bit late to the punch, but...

*stabs Ana with ten Baselards*