Valentines Day

Jedi

You know that holiday that's thrown into everyone's face. Yet we seem to go with it anyways?

I like the concept honestly, but the marketing always pissed me off, not to mention people in High school who bullied me on said day because I didn't have a GF (I ignored them mostly).

A cozy day with your special someone, be it your husband, wife, bf, gf. Heck even people you aren't like intimate with, such as family could count as a day of love couldn't it?

I'm just kinda curious how everyone views this "holiday". Despite the fact it isn't one at the same time (confusing huh).

I have 2 girls to ask ^^; if either want to be my date but I'll probably not ask either. I'm scared into my usual shy self when this kind of stuff comes up, plus I shouldn't fall to peer pressure anyways! It's silly, I used to fall under the pressure and ask whatever girl I was into at the time. Rejected every time. Good times :P

But random tangents aside, what are your thoughts and do you have plans?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just another day for me, to be honest. I shouldn't have to dedicate one set day every year just for my theoretical partner, nor would I want to. As you can probably guess, I have no plans for it

Edited by DodgeDusk

I don't like the holiday, personally. Sure, it's great if you have a lover. But if you're single, especially if you desire a lover, it's like a big punch to the face. You have to sit and do nothing all by yourself while all the couples have a good time together. It honestly feels like shit.

I don't celebrate the holiday at all, not to mention I'm not in a relationship and don't plan to be anytime soon. Even if I did, I wouldn't need a specific day to show appreciation for the fact.

Don't have much of an opinion about Valentine's. Over here it's also known as "Day of Love and Friendship", so it doesn't mean much to me that I don't have a girlfriend since I do have my family. So usually the plans for that day is just going out somewhere or just gather at home to eat with them. Nothing special, but it's still something I guess. Specially this year since it will fall on the weekend, where it's more probable to have more of the family gathered since otherwise work will have them unavailable.

We used to make cards and such in elementary school, but not anymore.

It's a pretty typical school day, but I go around school saying "happy valentines day loser" to all my friends in the morning / at lunch. But going back home, nothing special really happens. We might go out for dinner, but that's about as special as it gets.

It's a cute enough concept, although its significance is massively overhyped. One of my favourite Valentine's Days was when I was like 14 and they released a new chapter of FMA. Good times.

Although I seriously hope I get a nice pair of socks this year.

There are a few girls that I like in my classes, but nobody I know well enough to ask out. Who knowsthough, maybe something weird will happen. 95% chance that I'll spend it lazing around my house.

Never was really bothered by the holiday though, not since grade 10 at least, why should I be grouchy when other people are enjoying themselves. That said, I am very bothered when people point out that I still don't have a girlfriend, but that's just a product of them being an asshole.

5/10, overshadowed by winter break hype.

I don't like the holiday, personally. Sure, it's great if you have a lover. But if you're single, especially if you desire a lover, it's like a big punch to the face. You have to sit and do nothing all by yourself while all the couples have a good time together. It honestly feels like shit.

Nailed it. Single people don't need a day set aside to make them feel out of place every year.

Valentine's day is like the 2nd omst commercial holiday after Christmas. It's kind of funny.

Also

chocolate sales hype

Man Chocolate and Flower prices get so inflated a single rose will run you like $5 here in the city ugh.