Valentines Day

Jedi

One of the worst holidays in my opinion since you are not allowed to take a day off from work or school. Last Valentine, me and my friends (male) went to a BBQ restaurant and had a lot of fun. I bet that it's better than going out with a girlfriend.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Idk

People getting on their high horse and asking me why I'm single or whatever happens on the other days of the year, honestly.

I think it doesn't happen on Valentine's Day because everyone's busy whining about the hype that it gets and how the concept behind it is stupid.

Except there isn't so much hype as its made out to be. At least where I live.

Maybe they should rename this day to 'Jealousy Day' or 'Bitterness Day' or even 'Anti-Romance Day'.

Lol

Edited by Bluedoom

chocolate sales hype

Now I'm hungry for chocolate, but I can't eat it anymore, so I banned you instead :P:

It's another Saturday for me, so I'll go to a local card game tournament, then hang out with my mom in the evening. I'll make the day as special as I want it to be!

When you're single, you're all like "wow these losers need a REMINDER to appreciate their loved ones"

When you aren't single you realize that V-day isn't super important at all, it's just an EXTRA excuse to dote~ (or to actually be lovey-dovey if you normally aren't)

Or just go about your usual business.

V-day in elementary school is stupid. It really makes kids feel like shit when they don't get any of those little cards. :v

Maybe they should rename this day to 'Jealousy Day' or 'Bitterness Day' or even 'Anti-Romance Day'.

Lol

Pfft, we all know it's Single's Awareness Day. :P

Edited by Tsamimi

I never feel out if place at a chinese restaurant on Christmas!

Funny thing is that a lot of people who celebrate Christmas are starting not to feel out of place at Chinese restaurants too ;D

Christmas Story reference/10

I didn't realize it was a reference to Christmas Story...there's this sort of joke among jews, at least, some american jews, that you eat chinese food on xmas for dinner (usually on the eve of christmas day, not on christmas eve).

I didn't realize it was a reference to Christmas Story...there's this sort of joke among jews, at least, some american jews, that you eat chinese food on xmas for dinner (usually on the eve of christmas day, not on christmas eve).

I totally forgot about this haha.

Valentine's day is kinda BS in my eyes, nothing more than a cheap "holiday" created to give flower and chocolate sales a nice early-year boom.

The first time I had a girlfriend on Valentine's day, I didn't buy her anything. Which in retrospect was incredibly stupid and I have no idea what I was doing. Luckily my then-gf decided not to break up with me. Swag

This year I'm seeing someone, but we aren't technically in a relationship. Plus I'm actually heading out of town on Valentine's day so she'll have to deal. I'll probably take her out the weekend after or something and buy the romantic crap when it's on sale.

EDIT:

Valentine's day is ruined forever by anyone who has a mid-November birthday

What's wrong with knowing when you were conceived? It's not like you have to watch a video of the act or anything
Edited by chococoke

I think being reminded that you were conceived on Valentine's day brings up a bunch of strange mental images that you never want to see

thankfully I'm immune to such mental images but most people aren't...

I think being reminded that you were conceived on Valentine's day brings up a bunch of strange mental images that you never want to see

thankfully I'm immune to such mental images but most people aren't...

I have no imagination. I'm not immune to mental images, but I'm typically unable to conjure them up.

I'm hanging out with a lady friend of mine tomorrow. We aren't dating but it'll be fun, I'm half tempted to try asking her out..

Do it

I'm debating on if I want to pretend to be jealous of couples or not.

Also, I want all of the chocolate