What would you say are the easiest Fire Emblem games?

Katie

I cannot imagine Sacred Stones EM if NM was such a cakewalk

FE8 EM and NM are the exact same thing. The only difference is that EM has forced tutorials.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are referring to the final chapter, I just threw Shanan and his Balmung with 30 (+10) Skill and 30 (+20) Speed at them and watched them get ripped apart.

As for easiest, Sacred Stones, and Path of Radiance from what I've played. I cannot imagine Sacred Stones EM if NM was such a cakewalk This might be a bit of a subjective thing, but FE6 and FE7 NM feel much easier for me since I've played FE6 HM and FE7 HHM.

well DUH.

we were talking about how it would be for a blind/newbie runner who missed all the legendary's, learn 2 context pls

I found the Demon King more disappointing than the Fire Dragon, for both gameplay and story reasons. Excellent spritework though.

I'm curious about all the FE4 responses. AAAA Rank runs are pretty brutal.

Only problem in FE4 AAAAA runs is EXP rank the rest is cake

399 turns is more then enough for FE4

Survival is a Joke

Combat is Cake (If you are dumb enough you might run a unit that cant deal with arvis in to him)

Exp has like a ridicolus requirement With like every unit needs to lvl up 20 levels it averages at about 24~ lvl average to all 48 playable characters

Using easiest mode, FE11 - 13 won this category since lowest difficulty is so easy in a "you can press random button and win" kind of easy, so the easiest game should be judged by how simple it is to win the game.

By that logic, 11 - 13 are extremely simplified, and they have a turn skip function that accelerate your gameplayay, so for example in 13 you can spam start after pairing Frederick into Chrom and beat the game

And with the way the system works, I think its MUCH easier to do in 13 than 12/11 since you need to use and move Marf to the boss to beat the game, not to mention the whole Falchion/Star orb shenanigans. All you really need to do in 13 is kill stuff, so yeah

Never played FE9 and 10 but I don't think a game can get easier than FE13 at lowest difficulty

Using Hardest Mode, I would say FE1 because of how easy it is to break the game with Marf Rapier shenanigans. The fact that the stats system are lopsided in the player's favor helps a lot.

I think FE11 Normal is more difficult than you guys give credit, especially if you're playing blind. As someone whose first FE experience (other than the Awakening demo, which got me interested in the series) was a FE11 Blind Normal run, I would know.

well DUH.

we were talking about how it would be for a blind/newbie runner who missed all the legendary's, learn 2 context pls

I understand your point, but it shouldn't take a genius to figure out that Shanan can get Balmung from Patty just by talking to her once at the start of Chapter 7. That aside, I agree.

FE13 seems easier because you've have experience with the series, so you know better than to put Sumia in range of a bunch of arrows. I think Seth flattens FE8 harder than Frederick does with FE13.

It could be that yes. However, I think that (despite my terribleness when I first started the series) I knew not to put Vanessa in range if an archer. Plus, I didn't rely on Seth in my first playthrough (my other units needed experience). Then you have fog of War... (My Nemesis) and Beserk/Stone/Sleep/Posion and Challenging chapters:

Chapter 6

Chapter 10 Erikia's route.

Chapter 11 Ephraim's route.

Chapter 14 both routes.

Chapter 17

Chapter 19

Chapter 20

And the first half of the final chapter.

Yes, I know some may consider those chapters easy, but I remember struggling on pretty much all of these chapters.

I also didn't know about resetting when playing. Now that I know about resetting... I reset in 8 a lot. I didn't really in 13.

It could be that yes. However, I think that (despite my terribleness when I first started the series) I knew not to put Vanessa in range if an archer. Plus, I didn't rely on Seth in my first playthrough (my other units needed experience). Then you have fog of War... (My Nemesis) and Beserk/Stone/Sleep/Posion and Challenging chapters:

Chapter 6

Chapter 10 Erikia's route.

Chapter 11 Ephraim's route.

Chapter 14 both routes.

Chapter 17

Chapter 19

Chapter 20

And the first half of the final chapter.

Yes, I know some may consider those chapters easy, but I remember struggling on pretty much all of these chapters.

I also didn't know about resetting when playing. Now that I know about resetting... I reset in 8 a lot. I didn't really in 13.

Mistake the first: Not having Seth carry everything. I'd imagine someone who's never played Fire Emblem will have him kill lots of stuff. Unlike a proper Jagen, he doesn't really peter out.

HOW TO GET PAST THOSE CHAPTERS:

Chapter 6 - Plop Seth on a fort with something that's not a lance for a turn, and then a Javelin for another turn. Once everything is dead (or wishes that it was), rush the boss.

Chapter 9 Eph (I'm including this one) - Best game design ever: Sleep staves with no Restore in sight. ;/

Chapter 10 Eir - The hardest part, IMO, is recruiting Marisa. Otherwise, have Seth mosey over to the boss and wreck him. . .you DID recruit Joshua, right?

Chapter 11 Eph - This one is a legitimate pain in the ass, which is why I specified Eirika's route. Actually, most of Ephraim's route is a pain in the ass.

Chapter 14 Eir - Bring Saleh and a Pure Water to deal with Carlyle, and use Barrier as necessary. Everyone else can clean up. Oh, and as for the "status" staves. . .on Hard, you're looking at a whopping 61 hit, before factoring in avoid (which will bring it down to at least 51, but it will probably be a lot less. . .and by then, you should have a Restore handy). I'm pretty sure it'll be slightly less on Normal.

Chapter 14 Eph - See what I said about Chapter 11 Eph, and multiply it by five.

Chapter 17 - Someone that flies can dodge most of the nonsense, and can then drop Seth/promoted Ephraim/anyone else that's compentent next to Lyon, who WILL be doubled (Fenrir is 18 WT). The biggest delay, IMO, is stopping for the Brave Axe.

Chapter 19 - This one can be tough if you go in blind, and you sort-of will, given the darkness. However, you've got thieves and Torch staves. Spam Torch on turn 1, and then shove your way to Riev. Whatever crit he has can be negated using the Iron Rune (or whatever that crit-negating thingamabob you got off of Caellach's body is called). Oh, and this is the same map you get the rest of the Brave weapons, so as long as someone can reach Riev and have at least 16 AS and 29 MT with said Brave weapon, he's very dead.

Chapter 20 - Remember that little dragon girl? Give her a vulnerary, elixir, whatever the equivalent of Iote's Shield/Delphi Shield is, and pure water, and watch her destroy half the map on her own. She won't be able to do much to the boss, but that's okay - her goal is to clear the mooks, so that someone can rescue-drop Ephraim over there to deal holy justice with that spiffy monster-killing lance of his (Eir will also work, if she has enough HP to survive).

Final part 1 - Pick a side, bait the dragon, and THEN bum-rush it. Worst part of this is Shadowshot all over the damn place. Lyon himself will be doubled by anything competent (base DOZLA can do it. . .that's how slow he his, and I'm going off of my Hard mode memories). Best bet is to get a Wyvern Knight with a Brave Lance to do Lyon in. You're free to murder everything else with the monster-slaying weapons that you've collected (except for Gleipnir, which SUCKS).

So that's FE8 in a nutshell. I don't remember if Myrrh's monster-slaying was made apparent in the game, but it exists, and she can get a lot of levels just by counter-killing things.

Edited by eclipse

FE8 promoted units in Normal are oftentimes weaker than unpromoted units, it's just really really sad.

You're telling me. You'd think something was wrong when even late in the game, promoted enemies are using their base stats...

The only annoying boss is Carlyle because of his high avoid and crit rate.

Swordslayer helps a lot, but I normally don't train Garcia and Ross (because they always suck in my runs) so I have to use Ewan against him.

Never mind the fact that the only Swordslayer you can get is from the chapter before (and that's assuming that you stalled for long enough for Pablo and his goons to show up, and that you made the warrior with it switch to the hand axe). Not that that'd help much since most of your axers are gonna get doubled...

Besides Awakening, which was basicly a huge "screw you" directed at core fans of the series, Path of Radiance was admittedly pretty easy because of that western-exclusive easy mode.

On that note, it actually provided some challenging chapters on higher difficulties.

About the Sacred Stones, that game was pretty easy aswell since you had infinite EXP available, but it was one of the first FE games to hit the west (and the first one I played) and did a nice job being beginners friendly that way.. (looking at you again, Awakening).

You're telling me. You'd think something was wrong when even late in the game, promoted enemies are using their base stats...

Never mind the fact that the only Swordslayer you can get is from the chapter before (and that's assuming that you stalled for long enough for Pablo and his goons to show up, and that you made the warrior with it switch to the hand axe). Not that that'd help much since most of your axers are gonna get doubled...

I forgot you get the swordslayer that late in chapter 13.

Nevermind, because I finish this chapter much earlier and I don't use any axe users anyway.

Though swordslayer has decent accuracy (unlike most other weapons) and almost 1RKOs him.

Carlyle usually has low hit- and critrate against Ross because of his high luck.

FE8 promoted units in Normal are oftentimes weaker than unpromoted units, it's just really really sad.

This applies to FE9 as well though not as dramatically as in 8.

I never ever will forget the great knights with 21 HP in chapter 16.

Edited by Mister IceTeaPeach

Besides Awakening, which was basicly a huge "screw you" directed at core fans of the series, Path of Radiance was admittedly pretty easy because of that western-exclusive easy mode.

On that note, it actually provided some challenging chapters on higher difficulties.

About the Sacred Stones, that game was pretty easy aswell since you had infinite EXP available, but it was one of the first FE games to hit the west (and the first one I played) and did a nice job being beginners friendly that way.. (looking at you again, Awakening).

I thought Shadow Dragon was the bigger "screw you" directed at core fans of the series, personally. Also, while it DOES have one of the hardest difficulties in the series, its Normal mode is pretty much a snoozefest for the most part.

I thought Shadow Dragon was the bigger "screw you" directed at core fans of the series, personally. Also, while it DOES have one of the hardest difficulties in the series, its Normal mode is pretty much a snoozefest for the most part.

Oh, Lunatic+ was just unfair and completely RNG based, haha.

Oh, Lunatic+ was just unfair and completely RNG based, haha.

You won't get any argument from me there. Though I was talking about Shadow Dragon's difficulty.

why the hell would a "core fan" wanting difficulty play on normal mode?

Like, it doesn't make sense to complain about a game's easiest mode being way too easy if it has harder difficulties (and shadow dragon has plenty of those)

Path of Radiance was admittedly pretty easy because of that western-exclusive easy mode.

No it didn't. Not even on Hard or Maniac, Path of Radiance is a great game, but is pretty much the easiest game in the entire franchise, BEXP is way too frequent and the enemies never get tough enough. Sacred Stones allowed grinding sure, but there are some pretty difficult maps despite this. Mostly on Ephraims route.

Shadow Dragon did well for what it was trying to do, a revamp of FE1, added reclassing and did fairly well. People just hate it because its simplistic.

Edited by Jedi

Path of Radiance and Sacred Stones, easily. Even on the hardest difficulties both of the games (I haven't played the Japanese version of PoR, so I haven't seen maniac mode) fail to offer much of a challenge. It's actually why I don't care for them as much as some people do.

Edited by Monado Boy

No it didn't. Not even on Hard or Maniac, Path of Radiance is a great game, but is pretty much the easiest game in the entire franchise, BEXP is way too frequent and the enemies never get tough enough. Sacred Stones allowed grinding sure, but there are some pretty difficult maps despite this. Mostly on Ephraims route.

Maybe it's because I didn't realize Bonus XP existed on my first playthrough on normal.

why the hell would a "core fan" wanting difficulty play on normal mode?

Like, it doesn't make sense to complain about a game's easiest mode being way too easy if it has harder difficulties (and shadow dragon has plenty of those)

That's not what I meant.

Shadow Dragon did well for what it was trying to do, a revamp of FE1, added reclassing and did fairly well. People just hate it because its simplistic.

TBH, I don't mind a game being simplistic, but Shadow Dragon went too far in that regard. And I think that saying people hate Shadow Dragon just because it's simplistic is somewhat of an understatement.

Edited by Levant Caprice

Path of Radiance can be hard if your real objective is to get optimal bonus transfers.

Huh? That makes it a hell of a lot easier because your units are inevitably even stronger than normal (you know, so they can cap). Unless you consider stat-rigging "difficult."

Huh? That makes it a hell of a lot easier because your units are inevitably even stronger than normal (you know, so they can cap). Unless you consider stat-rigging "difficult."

I guess tedious is the better word, but yeah. And then you run the risk of spreading yourself thin with exp if you try to cap too many characters.

It's easy if you're only trying to cap mounted units.

Edited by Radiant head