• Levin!Sety
    • Levin!Arthur
    • Leen/Laylea
    • Roddlebad

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, turns out he does. For some reason I thought he was 30/30/30 for Str/Skl/Spd.

Not a huge leap mind you, but still, tied for second with about 2 or 3 others for 2nd best Gen 1 speed growth? I think..

Edited by Jedi

Not a huge leap mind you, but still, tied for second with about 2 or 3 others for 2nd best Gen 1 speed growth? I think..

Must be tied for at best third. Azel is 50% and Levin has to be at least 60% due to his major holy blood. And Midir's growths are kind of crappy tied to his so-so bases.

Must be tied for at best third. Azel is 50% and Levin has to be at least 60% due to his major holy blood. And Midir's growths are kind of crappy tied to his so-so bases.

Oh right, I forgot to calculate Levin's Holy Blood. Whoops, thanks for catching that.

Well it's because Hawk has good utility and is a pretty damn solid combat infantry unit.

Azel!Delmud, Lex!Artur, and Midir!Lester are all good combat units, but Hawk gets B staves.

I'm not sure, but a dude with B staves+good bases/combat sounds like he'd be higher than 3 dudes who're the second/third best outcomes of their possible dads. (Well Midir!Lester is probably the most solid one given innate pursuit and bows to pass down though ...)

Also, is Jamka!Lester any better than Midir!Lester long-term? I'm sure that the growths+continue/charge have more of an advantage than Midir's innate pursuit, given that the Hero bow makes things so much easier to kill.

Well it's because Hawk has good utility and is a pretty damn solid combat infantry unit.

Azel!Delmud, Lex!Artur, and Midir!Lester are all good combat units, but Hawk gets B staves.

I'm not sure, but a dude with B staves+good bases/combat sounds like he'd be higher than 3 dudes who're the second/third best outcomes of their possible dads. (Well Midir!Lester is probably the most solid one given innate pursuit and bows to pass down though ...)

Also, is Jamka!Lester any better than Midir!Lester long-term? I'm sure that the growths+continue/charge have more of an advantage than Midir's innate pursuit, given that the Hero bow makes things so much easier to kill.

The problem is lesters skill too also midir gets charge preety sure

If you passed down the killer bow, lester's hit usually isn't much of an issue. I still think Midir is better, since the killer bow is debatebly better than the Hero Bow anyway, so pursuit matters more.

Horace where do you actually think Fin should be on the list? You didn't explicitly state it but your argument kind of implies that you think Fin is not only better than Lex but better than Cuan as well? Would that be correct?

I agree with the statement of Fin > Lex => Cuan. Lex is probably better because Cuan's really only better in the prologue, they have similar attack power and defences in chapter 1 and 2, and then Lex promotes sometime in the middle of chapter 2 or the start of three and is probably better.

That'd make Fin the 4th best character in the 1st generation according to you.

I don't know if being the best unit in Ch.2, being very good in Ch.3 and OK in Ch.1 would be enough to justify such a high placing. I'd still rank Lex higher because of his better availability and him just being consistently good. Ambush + Hero Axe is kind of a pseudo-prayer against 1 range enemies too.

Lex isn't consistantly good though. He does very little in the prologue, and is very, very average in Chapters 1, 4, and 5.

I still think a unit that is better in the harder parts of the game is more valuable that being above average in the rest of it.

I'd say Cuan is better than Lex due to his earlier contributions. He at least has the chance to ORKO whereas Lex does not, he has more move for a significant period of time (which makes him one of the few mounts to be useful in the Spirit Forest) and he can probably consistently ORKO (citation needed) if given the Hero Lance (which I'm pretty sure Lex can't do until promotion). Also his stat parameters are actually a lot better than Lex's on average.

idk like I've never had problems with Lex ORKOing non-armored non-sword units? And he's a pretty good candidate for the Pursuit Ring too, since Levin doesn't really need it and Cuan is leaving at the end of C3 anyways, and Altenna doesn't need it either.

I usually just let Ethlin take it for Leaf, Levin doesn't really need it once he gets holsety, and Lex definately doesn't need it because he doubles like a quarter of the remaining enemies in the game anyway.

Lex doubles most of the armoured units pretty well if he has a Pursuit Ring, and with 4 hits he ORKOs them. I feel like that's more useful than just leaving it to Leaf when he's mostly just getting kills fed to him anyways? I've never managed to get Leaf promoted at the beginning of C8 though so idk if Pursuit helps with that.

Yeah, I guess there are a few more armours in chapter 3 than I remembered, it could be useful on him there. I'd rather have it on Noish or something if i'm using him though, it makes him so much better, and Lex is already pretty good without it. A pretty good chunk of the armours in chapter 3 have Javelins, bows, or swords too (so he can't counter or won't double) so it's only really useful on the player phase.

idk like I've never had problems with Lex ORKOing non-armored non-sword units? And he's a pretty good candidate for the Pursuit Ring too, since Levin doesn't really need it and Cuan is leaving at the end of C3 anyways, and Altenna doesn't need it either.

he kills them... if he hits. Lex's skill nor the Hero axe's hit is very good.

Lex doesn't have the Hero Axe for Chapter 1, which is the problem. I generally give the Pursuit Ring to people who need it for inheritance (so...Leaf, although there could be other people depending on what pairings you do), but even without that Lex doesn't seem so great (what with axes being super heavy and all).

If we're giving a bunch of resources to Finn so he can go from pretty good to awesome then I think it's kind of sandbagging Lex to give the Pursuit Ring to Noish to make him go from mediocre to pretty good rather than making Lex go from pretty good to awesome. Also the Hero Axe has only 12 Wt, which is the same as the Hero Lance. Lex also has +1 Spd over Finn at base and only -10% growth so if Finn is quadding then so is Pursuit Ring Lex.

Lex's SKL growth is bad but he has a base of 10 and the Hero Axe has 70 hit, which is the same as, say, the Light Sword. Maybe I overuse Lex or something or have gotten blessed Lexes but I have never run into half of these problems you guys do with Lex. The biggest problem I've ever had Lex face once he gets the Hero Axe is being too tanky to get attacked.

Edited by BBM