SF's "Write Your Butt Off!" Writing Competition XIV

Sunwoo

Dang it! I forgot Hawaii doesn't have DST so I thought I had till 12:00 PST to put my thing up, should've driven home faster.. Oh well, best read the stories, that's what i get for being a procrastinator...

Edit, acidenttal double post...

Edit, could I still post my story for people to look at and review, but not vote for?

Edited by jankmaster98

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So does anyone have anything to say about the stories posted this month? I'd not only like to get feedback on my own work but I'd like to see people's opinions on the other pieces. It seems somewhat pointless to post things if they're not going to be discussed to some extent.

• 2 weeks later...

We should wait until after Thanksgiving, if you guys are still interested in keeping this competition going. I'm interested in participating in my own competition, but lately I've been rushing to finish my thesis project and my credential classes. And since Thanksgiving is coming up, we should come back after the holidays in the first week of December.

Is that cool with you all?

In the poll, I said I wanted to put it on hold for SOMETHING. . .which. . .well, you'll see.

Can't really say more than that, though. . .other than to prepare all your creativity. . .you'll need it.

I'm never ready, but I swear I'll participate on this round even if I end up writing something worse than Twilight slash fanfic. Get ready, fangirls.

Edited by Rapier

• 2 weeks later...

I had a strange, if not unoriginal idea for a prompt: Exchanging spots between characters and seeing how a story turns out. How would it be if the sidekick was the hero and the hero was the sidekick this time around? This kind of thing.

Dude. Concentrate on SF's hosted creativity contest (the reason why I wanted to put this on hold). This one's possibly for bragging rights. That one is for Real Swag.

If there are people who want to continue this while the SF competition is going on, I'm fine with that. I would highly recommend extending the deadline for this competition, though, so that people don't feel "pressured" if they want to submit something here but want to write for the other one as well. If we start the next round of this competition within the next 2-3 days, we'll put the deadline at Christmas and the voting can last from December 26 to the New Year. We could do the same thing for January.

Does this sound good to everyone? If people are fine with this, would the next host speak up before the end of Saturday in my time zone? Otherwise, I'm just going to take over and host another "everything goes" round.

Ah yes, I see it in the announcements forum.

Now I see where it is in the creative forums too. It was my damn mental censor that ignores the pinned topics that was throwing me off.

Edited by Jotari