Team Hoshidan or Team Nohr?

IceBrand

Who's side are you on?  

367 members have voted

1. 1. Who side are you on?

• Team Hoshidan
    • Team Nohr
    • Third faction.

I accep-wait I want a Thoron or a Killer Bow instead. 10 paces is good though.

Say'ri was pretty great... Kazahana reminds me of her so she's my number 2.

Haha, why not a hand axe? (FE6 axe rates too)

Kazahana looks cool yeah.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my eyes, it's like Hoshido is the Normal mode where you usually first start out since it resembles past fire emblem games and you have the virtues of being able to grind for exp more easily than in Nohr due to a presumed world map. On the other hand Nohr is the Hard Mode which is built around managing your units more carefully since you won't have any such breaks.

This is what I'm thinking too. I'll play Hoshido first and it will be like a regular Fire Emblem game, then I'll play Nohr (which I'm actually much more excited for) and it'll be different from any other Fire Emblem game because I'll bet to see what it's like on the other side. I have a feeling that you're definitely not just going to be the bad guys. It's probably more internal struggles and taking control of your own country rather than conquering Hoshido. It's definitely going to be different.

I can see why doing Hoshido first seems more attractive as you want the difficulty to scale and become more challenging. But I'm a bit of a masochist and go for the hardest thing possible right away because I know FE (almost) always has something that unlocks when you play it on the most challenging mode. If Nohr has a Lunatic mode, and this opens Lunatic+ for Hoshido, I think I might enjoy Hoshido moreso that way.

I highly doubt that beating Lunatic mode in one game will unlock Lunatic+ in the other because of the way they're releasing them as two separate games. I could be wrong though, since the download version is basically both of the game in one anyway (after you pay for the DLC) and they've been doing the "something happens when you have a save game from the previous entry" thing in video games for a while now. Still I think they're probably unlocked independently from one another.

I originally was going Hoshidan because I liked the look of the more Samurai-like fighters. But then that single segment of Camilla and her boobies in the trailer seduced me into Nohr side, and the game sounds more solid overall imo.

*looking at you profile picture*

Is that your face when you realized you compromised your ideals for boobies?

Unless boobies are your ideals.

Team undecided for now. Nohr's story sounds way more interesting than *Rainbows, unicorn and happiness* Hoshido, but then again I need to know the characters, lore and story first before I can choose a side. Which will be hard as we probably gotta make the choice when we buy our games D:

I wonder if they'll release a demo first to let you see a little of what Hoshido and Nohr are like before you make the decision.

This is honestly quite likely, and would be welcome. Although we will have some members tell us via Japanese copies i'm sure.

I wonder if they'll release a demo first to let you see a little of what Hoshido and Nohr are like before you make the decision.

I want that right now.... ugh, why 2016... Well hopefully that shows how much content they have to translate.

I'm very excited for this title (or Titles lol), but I think I'll start with Hoshido then do the Nohr Side (and then the eventual DLC path when it comes out). Also, while I don't mind the business model of the games as much as others because of the content offered is a legitimate argument in my opinion from handheld games (and the fact that the games together vastly outstrip pretty much every FE game for only a slightly higher price in terms of content), I really hate it from a marketing standpoint.

I plan on getting Hoshido first for the new gameplay experience and easier cosplays. I don't want to make no armor! This is how I plan my game purchases...

Then move onto Nohr for the possible mindfuck plot.

something

I like the first reason better. That's ok, right?
... Fine then. Don't join Nohr because of Garondorf.

Join because Dark is both Cool and Sexy!

I'm going with Nohr because I like what I've seen of all the characters so far on that side, the story sounds far more intriguing, and on that note, the Hoshido side, at this point in time, is reminding me too much of Awakening. The Nohr characters just seem so much more mysterious to me is another thing. I wanna know more about Shotagirl, Marx, Camilla and *reads smudged writing on hand* Blarth.

I wanna learn some names, dammit!

On that note, I'll most likely play the Hoshido route first just to get it over with. I'm sure I'll love, but I anticipate that I'll look much more forward to Nohr.

Edited by NuggetofButt

I'm going with Nohr because it seems like the most logical choice to me. Who am I going to trust and want to be with more- the people who've been my adoptive family for my entire life, or the people who are apparently my real family that I just met?

Granted, if they reveal that you actually did know them for a long period of time things might be different, but I'm pretty sure that doesn't work with the whole "raised by Nohr" thing.

Am I the only person joining Nohr for reasons not related to Camilla's design?

Edited by Espella

Am I the only person joining Nohr for reasons not related to Camilla's design?

No, you are not. Edited by ScarletFlame

If anything Camilla would be a reason for me to choose Hoshido. I'm sure there are others who feel the same.

Agreed. Not just her, even. If I were picking strictly based on the characters we've seen, I'd be 100% Hoshido. But the experience of Nohr sounds more interesting to me, so I'm going there.