Team Hoshidan or Team Nohr?

IceBrand

Who's side are you on?  

367 members have voted

1. 1. Who side are you on?

• Team Hoshidan
    • Team Nohr
    • Third faction.

^I would say yes advertising choices then making the only choice a purchase choice is dirty marketing. Luckily Its not the only choice.

From the main site

"The keyword for this new Fire Emblem is “if”. With Hoshido and Nohr as the backdrops, the player must make choices, which will affect the story, battles, recruitable characters, while progressing two very contrasting stories."

So the story does change based on your choices, it just happens to have two versions involving a choice as well.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was initially leaning towards Nohr due to the better-sounding story, but Hoshido's better-designed characters (especially Hinoka) have shifted my stance. If the west does get two versions, though, I might get Nohr instead just for the purple boxart.

I think I'll keep my chances with Hoshido. The only real reason most of us are turned off by it is because the Nintendo Direct Guy (forgot his name) told us it was the same that we've always had before and that sounds boring to us. On the other hand, Nohr is promising us something different and that is REVOLUTION!!! It's a topic way more interesting than just ''protect the homeland'' that we're so accustomed to. I'm going to see if Hoshido surprises me and brings me a compelling story regardless of it's rather samey setting.

Lastly, one more reason I'm inclined for Hoshido is because I can never drop from a hard steep difficulty curve down to an easy one. I just can't enjoy it the same way. I'm the type of guy who likes to steadily increase the tempo and dropping from hard Nohr to easy Hoshido is just going to make me feel rather odd since Nohr will be the real test and Hoshido is just the warm-up doing it in reverse is not my style. I prefer Nohr, but I'll play Hoshido first.

I also blame the jugs. They are too strong!!!

Edited by almi23

I also blame the jugs. They are too strong!!!

Agreed. Hinoka will defeat all of the dirty boob ladies! I just wish they gave both Hoshido and Nohr the promise of a complex story. I don't see a reason for making one more "interesting" then the other, unless it's a marketing technique.

^ im not sure they are saying the story of nohr is more interesting or better.i think they were trying to say the premise of nohr is more complex than hoshido. Fire emblem basic plot versus inside reforms of an Empire/kingdom,ect. Or do you think IS considers around more than half of their series un complex unintresting and basic?

If? Maybe. WHEN? That's a hell of an assumption, given that it wasn't announced in the NA direct. I have no idea why you're assuming the inherent negative when it hasn't even been proven yet. The game's not coming out for a while, so rather than whine about how evil Nintendo has become, watch and wait!

I'm not putting faith in Nintendo. I fully expect to get fucked by them.

Ahem. They announced it will be two in Japan. We have heard about a special edition that has both. We are getting the game way later, do the math and learn about something called marketing.

Day 1 DLC? I'm sorry this isn't capcom where the content will already be in then game, this is to make the game have a third playable route which will encourage people who want to see said path play it.

If its shallow to you. You didn't see any part of the expansion packs in the 90's

The phone market is profitable. Suddenly Nintendo is evil for making a good business choice? Did you see their stock increase?

Splitting the game in two. Surely this isn't new to a Nintendo fan, or have you been under a rock when it came to Pokémon? Which has less divided content then these two fully and I mean fully fleshed out games will have that we are likely getting ONE FOR?

Actually my biggest problem with it is what an example of poor marketing it is by Nintendo. They've focused on this choice of sides - but that's not really what the game is at all.

Black/white versions are literally day 1 dlc where the content is already in the game and has been split in two. I'm fine with a third route as true dlc.

Mobile gaming is trash and entirely profitable because of trash strategies. It's basically indefensible to anyone who is actually a video game player.

Exactly. In pokemon you can buy 1 game and get the full experience promised. Here that is impossible. You cannot fully experience what is being shown in the NA directs without buying two games. It's disingenuous.

Your assumption is that Nintendo isn't going to try and cashgrab the west. I think that's foolishly optimistic.

Actually the white dress wore by the Dancer Lady is looking very pretty too, purple or white dress for Dancer Lady... Tough choice.

I figured it out.

It's Fire Emblem If White and gold, Fire Emblem If Black and blue.

Eureka!

Still siding with Black and Blue, if I were to find out my parents aren't really my parents by blood and my family is another one, I'd stay with my "adopted family" because I consider them my true family.

Of course if it's both in one cartridge and there's no extra paying I'd play White and Gold first, then Black and Blue.

Edited by saifors

I'll probably go through all of them eventually, but I plan on playing the Nohr route first. Dealing with internal conflicts sounds like a breath of fresh air compared to repelling an invading nation.

I'm definitely going Nohr first because there's something charming about joining the obvious villains and its more difficult. Next I'll go Hoshido and then the 3rd path probably going to cost me about 100+ hours of my life if the stories are fairly long.

I'm not putting faith in Nintendo. I fully expect to get fucked by them.

Actually my biggest problem with it is what an example of poor marketing it is by Nintendo. They've focused on this choice of sides - but that's not really what the game is at all.

Black/white versions are literally day 1 dlc where the content is already in the game and has been split in two. I'm fine with a third route as true dlc.

Mobile gaming is trash and entirely profitable because of trash strategies. It's basically indefensible to anyone who is actually a video game player.

Exactly. In pokemon you can buy 1 game and get the full experience promised. Here that is impossible. You cannot fully experience what is being shown in the NA directs without buying two games. It's disingenuous.

Your assumption is that Nintendo isn't going to try and cashgrab the west. I think that's foolishly optimistic.

So, ummm. . .if you're going to flat-out assume that Nintendo's going to fuck you over, then why are you on a board that's dedicated to a Nintendo game?

Nohr has the promise of being more like older games. No grinding and a better plot are a good start. Let's see if they deliver on the level design.

The choice is obvious, me thinks.

It's like a trust check, guys; now that they've proved FE can sell with FE13, let's see if an old-fashioned FE game directly outsells the weak Awakeningized version of FE. Of course they want to sell you both, so they make the weaker one a cool eastern-inspired setting.

Boycott Hoshidan! Save the series by making a point with your wallets.

It's like a trust check, guys; now that they've proved FE can sell with FE13, let's see if an old-fashioned FE game directly outsells the weak Awakeningized version of FE. Of course they want to sell you both, so they make the weaker one a cool eastern-inspired setting.Boycott Hoshidan! Save the series by making a point with your wallets.

Or they want to provide their fan-base with two different experiences each with their own merits and one of them happens to be more forgiving to newcomers and those that have younger siblings or friends they want to introduce to the series.

.Congrats on calling my 9 year old sister weak though

So, ummm. . .if you're going to flat-out assume that Nintendo's going to fuck you over, then why are you on a board that's dedicated to a Nintendo game?

Ummmm.... Cause I'm a Nintendo and Fire Emblem fan - but you'd have to be clueless if you haven't seen major changes in how they conduct their business in the last ~2-3 years.

People are allowed to be disappointed fans.

Ummmm.... Cause I'm a Nintendo and Fire Emblem fan - but you'd have to be clueless if you haven't seen major changes in how they conduct their business in the last ~2-3 years.

People are allowed to be disappointed fans.

You're a FE fan who's bitching about Nintendo's business practices in a thread dedicated to which side you're going to play in first. Like I've said countless times before. . .feel free to drop your opinion, and if it's that much of a sore subject for you, go elsewhere. Places that don't make you feel like posting your problems over and over and OVER again.

Regardless of if one takes the cynical route or not initially, there’s little reason to overreact (either way) with the current information available. Also, if 2 games does happen in NA/EU, you should only be compelled to get both versions if 1. The quality of the other path is actually worth paying for and/or 2. You want to support IS in general. If you’re genuinely outraged by present marketing, business, and design practices, buy 1 or neither. A direct, effective manner to express your opinion on this issue (compared to whining itt).

On topic: I’m thinking Hard Nohr, then Lunatic Hoshido and then we’ll see.

Edited by XeKr

I will play both, but I will totally play Nohr first. The plot feels to be very interesting and different. I really like the idea, that you will try to change the nation from inside of it. And personally I wouldn´t like abandon my friends and family just because my relatives of blood asked me to come back to them. I think that I will play at first with a femu and marry (if you can) the dark knight boy aka blond marth. Hoshido doesn´t seem even nearly as interesting as Nohr so it is an easy choice, that I will start with Nohr.

You're a FE fan who's bitching about Nintendo's business practices in a thread dedicated to which side you're going to play in first. Like I've said countless times before. . .feel free to drop your opinion, and if it's that much of a sore subject for you, go elsewhere. Places that don't make you feel like posting your problems over and over and OVER again.

I'm not the only one discussing it as is evidenced by the quote strings. Glad to hear that only positive opinions are allowed.