Tsubaki, the man flying a horse. And the status of sex locked classes.

Saladus

It may be because of a class split between the factions. Maybe for fliers Hoshido only has Peg Knights while Nohr only has Wyvern Riders, so to make it even both now have male and female members.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously hoping for this! I've been pissed about the lack of male pegasus riders since day one! First mention of pegasi in mythology was ridden by Perseus A GUY. Its unicorn's that are only approachable by pure maidens not pegasi!!!

If he's male, maybe he's just an abnormally purely hearted guy... that's what's stopping men from riding a pegasus right?

Or just, you know... it's a different world, with different rules. So maybe pegasi aren't so picky in this one. Pegasus brothers, incoming

I don't think its about having a pure heart but just being feminine... At least that's how FE7 explained it. That's why I like to think Tsubaki has a "feminine soul" and therefore his Pegasus trusts him.

I don't think its about having a pure heart but just being feminine... At least that's how FE7 explained it. That's why I like to think Tsubaki has a "feminine soul" and therefore his Pegasus trusts him.

why they put pegasi and unicorn traits in a blender in the first place i will never know... -_-;

Edited by iavasechui

If other males are also able to reclass into peg, then I don't think any explanation would make sense, besides "this is a different world with different rules".

Edited by Ryo

The original Mystery of the Emblem had generic male enemy Pegasus Knights, probably since they had tied the class to Dragon Knights. Of course, the remakes completely ignored that since the classes were separated again.

It's kinda hillarious how that rule was introduced back in Thracia, in a scene that went on to immediatly subvert it anyway. Be it as it may be, unlike certain ignored rules regarding Manakete fertility, this one isn't important for anything and would be retcon that I could definitedly get behind.

^What retcon? this game is a new universe is it not. Unless your saying every-time a class changes its story per universe, its a retcon? Cause then we have even more dragon/wyrern rider retcons than i thought.

Do we even know it's a new universe? Anyway, I left myself open for either possibility by saying that it "would be a retcon that I could get behind".

I'm a guy, and I really hope sex esclusive classes are removed from the game, it's nothing but sexist, with the only exception being the bride (and c'mon, you can also make a male bride version), because, why only women can ride white horses? And why only men can be extremely strong warriors? But knowing about the Japanese mentality, I doubt the change this...

(sorry if i made some grammar mistakes)

^^ Okay i see your point we dont know its a new universe for sure but we have no reason to believe it isn't do we? Marth was in early trailers for awakening right? And i don't see them making it connected without a reason. besides awakening, remakes and sequels each game since judrgral has been in its own universe. Right?

^ im i guy too and I also dislike the gender locked classes. Though for male pegasus riders the story details of most games say that Pegasus only accept female riders, probably combining traits with unicorns, and we haven't had a probable new universe to change that. since tellius on the gamecube. And awakening needed male genderlocks to match so no female fighter/barbarians. also do you have awakening? Cause if i remember correctly female heroes actually hold the axe differently like its heavier for them. So yeah a bit of sexism there methinks. So yeah but i think we have seen a female axe/mace user and this Pegasus knight looks like a dude so I'm hopeful gender-lock is a think of the past. A few grammer mistakes or typos but still perfectly readable.

Edited by goodperson707

If the case is that Tsubaki is male, I would be really happy. 'Cuz, f*ck sex-locked classes!! I'll finally have my own pegasus and Galeforce! :3

Now seriously, I'd be REALLY, really happy. That means more variety of everything and eliminating innecessary sex-restricted classes, plus the advantages.

• 4 weeks later...

I admit that I think 1 genderlocked class(without an similiar opposite like cleric/priest) may not be bad if they are both good. It feels like it encourages replayability and actually can add an interesting factor. But only 1 and they both have to rock.

I admit that I think 1 genderlocked class(without an similiar opposite like cleric/priest) may not be bad if they are both good. It feels like it encourages replayability and actually can add an interesting factor. But only 1 and they both have to rock.

How does it encourage replayability?

I was actually starting to wonder the same thing, but I'm not sure what Japan's view on transgendered people are...

I don't know everyone in Japan's views on it but I have seen three transgender characters in Japanese media and they are in very popular series, so I wouldn't think it would lose a lot of fans or anything.

I'd be more inclined to think Tsubaki is male as well, based on the voice alone, and even based on the portrait and what we can tell from Kozaki's style.

The way he smiles also makes me think of Libra.

Either way, can't wait to know for sure, I'm still crossing my fingers for male pegasus knights!

i know someone said that it may be a case of pegasus knights being exclusive to hoshido sort of thing (as in, only characters in the hodshido campaign can be peg. knights and etc.), and i gotta say, that does seem possible, if they're trying to make huge differences apparent.

but yeah, tsubaki is likely male, if you ask me. they could easily be both, at this point.

also i totally thought that tsubaki was a myrmidon-like class but with lances, and i gotta say i'm more annoyed that they're not that rather than wondering if male or female.

Actually, that really does seem to be the case... Wyverns, black magic, horseback units and bow-using thieves seem tied to Nohr, while Hoshido has myrmidons, pegasus knights, and ninjas. Doesn't mean that any one campaign will keep any of that from you, though.

In fact I'm lying, that sounds very likely to me, just not all of it.

Apparently, this is somewhat of the case, but I think that the one cavalier and Felicia are unaffiliated with either side, and just join Kamui regardless. I believe it's more of the cultural differences between both nations, but I doubt that'll stop them from having characters such as that one cavalier (whom is supposedly Kamui's best friend from Nohr) and Felicia (whom is supposedly a Nohrian maid).

Until IS says otherwise, Tsubaki's a guy for me. I'm not hateful of gender-locked classes but I think exceptions have been a long-time coming. And if they decide to shower us with charaacters that break the locks in this game to make up for lost time? I won't be complaining.

I'm a guy, and I really hope sex esclusive classes are removed from the game, it's nothing but sexist, with the only exception being the bride (and c'mon, you can also make a male bride version), because, why only women can ride white horses? And why only men can be extremely strong warriors? But knowing about the Japanese mentality, I doubt the change this...

(sorry if i made some grammar mistakes)

A groom class, maybe? Haha, that could be interesting.

Good. It's about time they include some male pegasus knights. Now I really hope for some female axe fighters.

And a little off-topic, but maybe some halberdiers too...