Do you think Kamui is a Manakete?

Twylis

121 members have voted

1. 1. Do ya??? Huh? Huh???

• Yes, because reasons.
    • No, because reasons.

Manaketes are just dragons. I'm asking if there are any non-dragons that turn into dragons because I haven't seen any.

Took my a while to figure out what you're asking, but I think I got it now XD

You mean if there are any people that can just turn into dragons (using some item) without having dragon blood? Cuz untransformed manaketes (and dragon laguz) look pretty non-dragon (minus the pointy ears).

And not as far as I know (don't know what would have happened to Robin if s/he had picked to side with grima, but that aside), none. But I think it won't be manaketes in if (like the dragon laguz were no manaketes), not like the old manaketes anyway. Could be something alike, but I doubt they would still call them manaketes if they do something different with inheritance (aka neither parent seems to be manakete).

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Kirin dragon is an interesting choice, especially considering that Kamui is from not!Japan. More interesting perhaps is that the dragon statue seen in Hoshido does NOT resemble Kamui's dragon form so maybe it hints at Kamui being a very special kind of dragon.

Arceus is a way better Kirin than Dialga. :p

You know, I though about something, maybe he is somekind of Manakete/Taguel hybrid ? It's a possibility. that I would hate

Took my a while to figure out what you're asking, but I think I got it now XD

You mean if there are any people that can just turn into dragons (using some item) without having dragon blood? Cuz untransformed manaketes (and dragon laguz) look pretty non-dragon (minus the pointy ears).

And not as far as I know (don't know what would have happened to Robin if s/he had picked to side with grima, but that aside), none. But I think it won't be manaketes in if (like the dragon laguz were no manaketes), not like the old manaketes anyway. Could be something alike, but I doubt they would still call them manaketes if they do something different with inheritance (aka neither parent seems to be manakete).

If you follow the lore of Elibe and Akaneia (Magvel is vague about their origins), they tell you that Manaketes are dragons who sealed their powers into Dragonstones and live in a human form. Their true form is that of a dragon.That's why I said that manaketes are dragons. For what's it's worth, I did consider the possibility of their dragon powers either being the result of a magical ritual or recessive manakete genes (like the Branded from Tellius) but the fact they carry a Dragonstone makes me think they're manaketes.

Edited by NekoKnight

In the past, we've gotten worlds completely unrelated to the others that still had a dragon race called the Manakete (Elibe and Magvel). It's really a kind of go to name at this point, and since Kamui has a Dragonstone, consistently a thing used by the Manakete to transform, I really don't understand the reasoning people have for being something that isn't a Manakete. He utilizes something associated with every world's incarnation of Manakete, yet people still doubt it?

ah, I'm not familiar with the older lore, but that explains some things.

I just though people here hanging too much onto manaketes. Like: Kamui uses a dragonstone --> so s/he's a manakete --> so which parent is the dragon? even further to kamui actually not being related to everyone they say s/he's related to in the trailers.

ah, I'm not familiar with the older lore, but that explains some things.

I just though people here hanging too much onto manaketes. Like: Kamui uses a dragonstone --> so s/he's a manakete --> so which parent is the dragon? even further to kamui actually not being related to everyone they say s/he's related to in the trailers.

This explains so much it's funny.

But yeah, there isn't much pointing to the contrary.

I however, do not rule out the possibility of him being a manakete, but if so: Why does he have a sword? >_> So,he may be manakete-ish.

Manaketes in Awakening can reclass into other classes, but they're still of the manakete species, even if they're not opting to use dragonstones (especially since they MUST retain their anti-dragon weakness). Same applies to Ninian, Nils, and Sophia; they're not using dragonstones, but they are half-manaketes, so they could (the siblings cannot obtain dragonstones, but Nils acknowledges having such, and Sophia opts to fight with tomes instead of dragonstones). Kamui can simply just prefer wielding both a sword and dragonstones; species shouldn't in-universe physically impact what you can wield.

Manaketes in Awakening can reclass into other classes, but they're still of the manakete species, even if they're not opting to use dragonstones (especially since they MUST retain their anti-dragon weakness). Same applies to Ninian, Nils, and Sophia; they're not using dragonstones, but they are half-manaketes, so they could (the siblings cannot obtain dragonstones, but Nils acknowledges having such, and Sophia opts to fight with tomes instead of dragonstones). Kamui can simply just prefer wielding both a sword and dragonstones; species shouldn't in-universe physically impact what you can wield.

Maybe if Sophia went with Dragonstones she'd be half-usable!

I personally would like having swords as a backup more if the Laguz meter was a thing, but... it isn't.

There's a manakete-human child in the series that can't transform, Sophia in FE6. (And Sophia herself mentions that there are others like her(can't transform) where she lives. IIRC)

Sophia doesn't even have pointed ears.

They're kinda shaped differently but yeah, that would make Ryouma and Sakura not being manaketes feasible. Or maybe they can, they just don't have pointed ears but I don't think that's likely.

They're kinda shaped differently but yeah, that would make Ryouma and Sakura not being manaketes feasible. Or maybe they can, they just don't have pointed ears but I don't think that's likely.

The quote confirms Sophia said she can't transform? Did I miss/forget a support when browsing the FE6 Supports translation redux thread? o.o;

Four words: Watch the freaking trailer.

(S)He isn't a Manakete, but some sort of other shapeshifter instead.

I watched both trailers. Nothing comes up to prove otherwise. I found a dragonstone in an official image. What about the trailer confirms (not implies, confirms) Kamui isn't a manakete? And please be very specific if it is oh-so-obvious as you imply, because nothing is even close to obvious to excuse your rude tone. -_- Edited by DarkGold777

Yeah I don't remember Sophia ever specifying whether or not she can transform.

She says others like her in reference to the other Arcadian half-manakete, and if Ninian and Nils are any indication dragon is the natural form of those...

I wonder if Hinoka/Ryouma/Sakura/Takumi are part-dragons that are unable to transform. (And also don't have pointed ears)

---

But trying to use real-world logic to explain what occurs in video games is counterproductive.

Edited by Naughx

Yeah I don't remember Sophia ever specifying whether or not she can transform.

She says others like her in reference to the other Arcadian half-manakete, and if Ninian and Nils are any indication dragon is the natural form of those...

Perhaps I misunderstood what the Dragon elder in Arcadia said.

Roy:

“Elder… Then are you the Dragon?”

Elder:

“Dragon… They once called me that. But that is a story of a time long since past.”

Roy:

“……”

Elder:

“Let me see… The only real Dragon we have is Fa right here.”

Hmmm.

Perhaps I misunderstood what the Dragon elder in Arcadia said.

Hmmm.

Real dragon could mean full-blood Manakete, which Fae is, but he not necessarily is himself? It's pretty confusing I gotta hand it to whoever wrote that bit of script...

(I don't think you can just change species over time from full blood dragon to a human, though...)

Edited by Glaceon Lord

Four words: Watch the freaking trailer.

(S)He isn't a Manakete, but some sort of other shapeshifter instead.

Four more words: Read the whole thread

What do you you think we've been discussing if not what was revealed in the trailer...?

Perhaps I misunderstood what the Dragon elder in Arcadia said.Hmmm.

To be fair, that seems to be from the old translation before the recent redux created on this forum, and the old translation... Well, there's a reason a redux was made. Unfortunately, I can't access the script to the redux, so I don't know how the conversation changed aside from Fae's name being changed.