Do you think Kamui is a Manakete?

Twylis

121 members have voted

1. 1. Do ya??? Huh? Huh???

• Yes, because reasons.
    • No, because reasons.

The creature itself looks like a qilin/kirin http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qilin

The Dragonstone seems pretty telling, as they could have easily made a new item to go with a new species/form. So I'll go with Manakete, but the design is more qilin than typical dragon, which might just be them going for more of an original take than another classic dragon design.

Plus FE3/12 did have alternate forms of Dragons via their stones so it isn't too farfetch'd to consider the possibility of new dragons.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get how people think Kamui doesn't turn into a dragon.

The only non typical dragon traits i see are his kinda long legs.

He's scaly, he has wings, he has a long tail(its hard to see but its there), horns are often on some types of dragons. I dont see how it looks more un dragon-like than the freaking featherball of undragonly proportions that is fa.

The long, deer-like legs, the deer-like horns, and the deer-like headshape. Fa just looks to me like Dragonite with feathers. xP

But Kamui's beast form still has dragon features too, so that's why I call it a deer-dragon. Or Kirin, now that I know the origin of the design.

Edited by Anacybele

The main thing, for me, about the dragon form, are the 'elbow' joints are backwards. It's what makes the design feel very different to me, that, and the short face.

...Speaking of.

serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/feif-april043.jpg

Are those snowflakes/water droplets floating around him before he transforms?

Edited by L95

...Speaking of.

Hm, it also looked like the choking scene from the first trailer was underwater. Perhaps this is the series' first water dragon?

The main thing, for me, about the dragon form, are the 'elbow' joints are backwards. It's what makes the design feel very different to me, that, and the short face.

...Speaking of.

Could just be his energy or something like that. Looks more like snowflakes though.

KamuiX(Cause y'know... Xerneas is now in Fire Emblem. I swear that form looks like Xerneas.) is probably a manakete of some sorts. Maybe it's some different kind of form but who knows... maybe Garon infused him with something.

He may or may not be one if the second trailer didn't show us what his class is.

The trailer didn't, but JP Amazon's pre-order screenshots do:

713jnE6pItL._AA1440_.jpg

His class name is Dark Prince.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

The long, deer-like legs, the deer-like horns, and the deer-like headshape. Fa just looks to me like Dragonite with feathers. xP

But Kamui's beast form still has dragon features too, so that's why I call it a deer-dragon. Or Kirin, now that I know the origin of the design.

Well qilin are pretty much deer-looking dragons so that works!

However, I don't want to definitely saying it's a qilin, but it looks very similar to one in some regards. Seems like a bit of mixture between classic dragon and qilin imo.

The trailer didn't, but JP Amazon's pre-order screenshots do:

713jnE6pItL._AA1440_.jpg

His class name is Dark Prince.

My post there was referring to Ryouma, not Kamui...

Missletainn: Yeah, it may not be a kirin/qilin exactly. It's hard to tell with the quality of the screenshot. I just wish the stupid dragonstone wasn't there. With the laguz, you didn't have to worry about replenishing their weapons like you did the beorc because they used natural, unbreakable weapons. Saved you some gold if you wanted to do more forges or buy lots of good weapons or something. Dragonstones are limited use and have to be bought.

Edited by Anacybele

Missletainn: Yeah, it may not be a kirin/qilin exactly. It's hard to tell with the quality of the screenshot. I just wish the stupid dragonstone wasn't there. With the laguz, you didn't have to worry about replenishing their weapons like you did the beorc because they used natural, unbreakable weapons. Saved you some gold if you wanted to do more forges or buy lots of good weapons or something. Dragonstones are limited use and have to be bought.

Dragonstones used to be infinite use in the early games. I always thought it made the most sense, myself.

Hey, at least you can actually buy them in FE13. Poor Fae/Myrrh/FE11Tiki...

Also since durability is nowhere to be seen as things stand, dragonstones are actually favorable over transformation that always seems to last too little time.

Everything kinda points to Kamui being a manakete or some sort of beast like race. In the translation of the trailer when Garon from Nohr reaches his hand out he says something along the lines of "I'll let you live...to do my bidding". Hinting that Kamui is likely something unique that Garon wants to use for his own purposes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me-9kWzxKoo&spfreload=10

Translation done by: shadowofchaos

Edited by LordTaco42

...Wait. I just realized. What if the baby Garon kidnaps is actually Dancer Girl, not Kamui? Remember in the first trailer, we saw her dancing for him. Kamui might actually have just simply been separated from Hoshido by accident and found by Nohrians. Or maybe both were kidnapped?

It potentially has infinite uses in this game. Almost like the Laguz Strikes rank increasing the power of their natural weapons, I'd speculate the weapon rank for Dragonstones could exist just for the sake of Kamui's dragonstone and just provide much larger than normal attack bonuses for higher ranks than so Kamui's Dragonstone is always useful.

I think it is obvious Kamui is a manakete. Why create a completely new species with the same functions and looks (pointy ears with little bumps at the bottom, dragonstone usage, etc.)? All it would do is have people question the point of the new race.

Also, Kamui's body shape (ignoring the claws) is shared by multiple quadruped animals, more than deer, including common interpretations of quadruped western dragons. Plus, the dragon part of Kamui is overwhelming: scales, long neck, thick tail, wings, claws, spherical muzzle (similarly shaped like Ninian's, not a deer's)... Plus, the horns look like part of a split mask surrounding Kamui's eyes. Besides, aren't dragon forms very varied anyway? Fae and the DS enemy manaketes are big pieces of examples. Also, IS even showed Kamui's dragon transformation as a focus for a 2 second clip: I'm sure IS would think many longtime fans would easily notice it and shout, "Manakete!" unless stated otherwise, which it wasn't.

I'm sorry, but I see no reason to no believe Kamui is something else. I admit I love manaketes, but I don't wish to be biased.

Manaketes seem to be popular (sadly)...

How in the seven hells is the popularity of manaketes a BAD thing?! I get that you hate them, but GODS. You didn't even state it was your opinion. Edited by DarkGold777

How in the seven hells is the popularity of manaketes a BAD thing?! I get that you hate them, but GODS. You didn't even state it was your opinion.

Well, obviously it's my opinion. People don't always say "in my opinion" you know. I find manaketes lame and boring, especially compared to the dragon laguz, so it annoys me that they're more popular than the dragon laguz. Simple as that.

Well, obviously it's my opinion. People don't always say "in my opinion" you know. I find manaketes lame and boring, especially compared to the dragon laguz, so it annoys me that they're more popular than the dragon laguz. Simple as that.

Aren't they kinda the same thing? Aside from the name.

But you don't have to go around shoving your opinion everywhere either, especially if it is negative and annoys people and they already know your opinion.

Yeah, I suppose he is a manakete, since he can certainly use dragon stones. Half-manakete, I mean, because of his appearance and the likes. I think there's dragon descendency on the royal family of Hoshido.

There's a very small chance that Kamui isn't a manakete, that they were bestowed such powers by the Dancer girl, but I'm not going to bet on this.

I'm not shoving my opinion everywhere. He asked a question and I answered it.

Aren't they kinda the same thing? Aside from the name.

I like the dragon laguz's dragon forms better, I like that they don't need stones, and I like that they have a better variety of characters.

But you said "sadly" like it was an opinion shared by a great majority of people, which it is not. I have unpopular opinions myself, such as me not minding Awakening's story, but I'm not going to say "Oh, Awakening's story was fine", but instead, "I personally believe that Awakening's story was fine to me." It is less bothersome than the previous statement.

Plus, you stating your negative-infused opinion didn't help your argument for your paragraph stating how you think it would make more sense for Kamui to state he is a manakete. You've even rightfully complained to Glaceon about this in her needless referring to Ike as a "shit lord" in situations where it doesn't help her arguments, yet you're doing the same thing now.

Edited by DarkGold777

I'm not shoving my opinion everywhere. He asked a question and I answered it.

I like the dragon laguz's dragon forms better, I like that they don't need stones, and I like that they have a better variety of characters.

FE11 Divine Dragons look like FE10 white dragons.

Fae, Myrrh and Tiki are all very different characters. Myrrh especially is much more quiet and reserved than Fae or Tiki.

Stone use is a trade off for being able to assume dragon form at any time, which non royal laguz could not do (and kills their overall usability imo). And in FE1 and to a lesser extent 11 should you give Tiki the Starsphere, Divinestone was infinite. Myrrh could get her Dragonstone repaired with a glitch, and said glitch could also give her unbreakable weapons (including with a bit of luck, wretched air, which is really really good). Similarly, Fae could get an unlimited Fire Dragonstone with a glitch.