Do you think Kamui is a Manakete?

Twylis

121 members have voted

1. 1. Do ya??? Huh? Huh???

• Yes, because reasons.
    • No, because reasons.

Only read the first page really, but I'm inclined to believe that Kamui isn't a Manakete because of the age loophole as well.

To everyone saying whether he is labeled one or not, he is a manakete because of his use of dragon stones, just because one thing shares properties with another does not mean that they are the same. Keep in mind that Kamui is likely to be special in one way or another. Perhaps this is that thing that is special about it.

Edited by Arthis

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, that seems to be from the old translation before the recent redux created on this forum, and the old translation... Well, there's a reason a redux was made. Unfortunately, I can't access the script to the redux, so I don't know how the conversation changed aside from Fae's name being changed.

I have not played the new translation, but I am aware of it, maybe we should ask Gringe about it later.

Anyway, the moment I see マムクート in if(if it's there) after I get the game I'll let you guys know :P

Edited by L95

Manaketes seem to be popular (sadly) and have appeared in the series several times, I think it would make more sense to announce that Kamui is one if he/she is one.

Why do you hate Manaketes so much?

To everyone saying whether he is labeled one or not, he is a manakete because of his use of dragon stones, just because one thing shares properties with another does not mean that they are the same. Keep in mind that Kamui is likely to be special in one way or another. Perhaps this is that thing that is special about it.

It is correct when it is only possible to use a Dragonstone if one is a Manakete or half-Manakete. While the chances that there might be other kind of people who use dragonstones, it is inductively plausible to guess it is his case.

I highly doubt they'd make the main character a manakete specifically, but perhaps a species with similar properties. Ryouma hasn't even been specified if he's related by blood, perhaps it's more of a loyalty thing that he treats Kamui as close as a brother and calls him as such? He was definitely chosen to use dragonstones to parallel robin in the way he uses close range and long range, but I can see tons of plot potential from this as well.

I'm in the Kamui is a Manakete camp. Honestly, barring PoR/RD, manakete has always been the name they've given to the dragonpeople species across all games I've played. (1/3/6->Awakening) So why change? Laguz got a different name because they had a wholly different mechanic determining how their species was played, but manaketes have always been the race that transforms using dragonstones. I would say that it's likely that in the future if there's any more people that transform into rabbits using beaststones they'll be called Taguel as well.

Basically, saying Kamui isn't a manakete would be like saying the high skill/speed low def sword users aren't called myrmidons, or the mounted female staff users aren't troubadours anymore. The series has established a species name for people who use dragonstones to transform into dragons, why would IS call his species anything different?

Edited by Huntress

I know that having a dragon-stone doesn't necessarily him a Manakete but every group of people so far who transform into dragons with a dragon-stone have been called Manaketes. Occam's razor leans towards kaimui being a Manakete.

^ you forgot 8

Huh? I forgot 8? Unless if you're misinterpreting 6-Awakening, which I meant to imply I've played every game since 6 to clarify.

As for Kamui's age, it could be possible that there's some sort of variable at which their aging slows. With Nils and Ninian they are "close" in age in that they were born a few years apart, but they were tiny kids in the flashback in 19xx, which I think is implied to be during the Scouring? But in FE7's time they appear to be very different in their age: if Nils were a human I'd say he's probably 3-4 years younger than Ninian. After all, if we assumed all manaketes aged at the same rate there is no explanation as to why Nils and Ninian appear so different in age during FE7.

If (as it seems) Manaketes' aging proceeds as normal in humans until an age around puberty and then slows drastically, it's perfectly understandable that Nils and Ninian look like they're a few years apart and not all Manaketes have the same apparent age. Their aging (probably) slows around puberty and humans enter puberty at very different ages, even among siblings. So it makes perfect sense that they don't all look like they're the same age.

Why do people keep asking me this? It's also not relevant to this thread.

Well, stating your not-universally-accepted opinion on manaketes did not contribute to the point of your paragraph, so it wasn't necessary, either. It doesn't help that anyone can read that paragraph and easily assume that you're saying that the popularity of the species is factually a bad thing, even if you know that it's just your own opinion and you did not intend to send such a message to us manakete fans. Edited by DarkGold777

Alright, why the fuck are you suddenly nitpicking at every post I make? Seriously, you're only derailing threads by doing this as well as targeting me (only you, not anyone else, so nobody should be throwing the "you think everyone's out to get you" card at me). There's a reason I'm not responding to your post in the Amiibo one (or other complaint posts there, for that matter) and I won't be responding to any further posts you make on this matter here either. I've decided I'm just going to ignore any complains people give me, as not doing so has only led to trouble and more thread derailing.

I obviously meant that it was sad for me, not the whole fucking fanbase. Now leave me alone.

Edited by Anacybele

... Back to being on-topic.

I'm thinking that Kamui has some sort of Kirin-like Nosferatu thingymajiggy sealed inside him, thanks to Garondorf. It can be unleashed through a Dragonstone or similar object, due to the stone containing a part of the Nosferatu's essence.

Alright, why the fuck are you suddenly nitpicking at every post I make? Seriously, you're only derailing threads by doing this as well as targeting me (only you, not anyone else, so nobody should be throwing the "you think everyone's out to get you" card at me). There's a reason I'm not responding to your post in the Amiibo one (or other complaint posts there, for that matter) and I won't be responding to any further posts you make on this matter here either. I've decided I'm just going to ignore any complains people give me, as not doing so has only led to trouble and more thread derailing.

I obviously meant that it was sad for me, not the whole fucking fanbase. Now leave me alone.

...I guess I've been a bit nitpicky, and it has contributed to derailing threads... Sorry. However, my criticism over your posts remains, even if I should not have been so pushy about it. I can only ask that if you do indeed see this, while overseeing my persistence, consider my criticism, as well as the reactions your posts have caused. That is all.

Unfortunately, I have nothing to add to the Kamui debate...

Edited by DarkGold777

The main twist I could see happening is Kamui can use all types of stones, as technically the stone weapon rank doesn't seem to differentiate visually from beastones(the help description, which we have not seen, probably does, though). Would be interesting I guess, but with a map skill called "Dragon's Vein", that's probably not what they're going for.

Edited by L95

The main twist I could see happening is Kamui can use all types of stones, as technically the stone weapon rank doesn't seem to differentiate visually from beastones(the help description, which we have not seen, probably does, though). Would be interesting I guess, but with a map skill called "Dragon's Vein", that's probably not what they're going for.

Doesn't the text simply say "dragonstone"? I think this means we're not getting a variety of dragonstone types in the same fashion as the Archanea games, simply just "plus" variations like in Awakening, except with required usage levels. Edited by DarkGold777

No, I mean the weapnlevel itself, not the dragonstone he has in his inventory, if I want to go on a baseless-speculation-tangent-that-I-don't-really-belive-myself, it could be that the stone rank applies to all stones (ex beaststones) :P

Edited by L95

I'm betting on some weird bloodline thing again. It would explain why the blood may be diluted enough to the point where the aging may not be so much of a problem, yet with the right conditions it can be utilized for maximum awesomeness.

But he is a dragon thing, at the very least.