Do you think Kamui is a Manakete?

Twylis

121 members have voted

1. 1. Do ya??? Huh? Huh???

• Yes, because reasons.
    • No, because reasons.

^^ well the fact that kamui uses a dragon-stone, which actually is a major part in some games of what makes you a Manakete versus a dragon. So that is kinda a hint. And other games have had differing manaketes from different universes.

Edited by goodperson707

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And RD's laguz dragon are the best dragon ever. Fishy from Awakening and Deer Pokemon just can't win against it. :p

I vehemently disagree. The Dragon Laguz look more like something one would see at Yiffcon than they do like something that belongs in a Fire Emblem game. The upright bipedal pose and the massive musculature is positively revolting, and beyond that, they're just boring, generic dragons. The fact half the Dragon Laguz characters have mediocre designs in their human forms as well doesn't help matters much.

Then again, I'm slightly biased in favour of Awakening's as leafy seadragons are probably my favourite animal in existence; definitely my favourite aquatic animal at least. Lovely creatures.

Edited by Twylis

^^ yeah dragon laguz were boring to me too, even the makers of the game seemed to be stumped on making a fitting mastery skill.

wow your angry so you get a crit, yay?.

And as L95 said they were a bit too humanoid.

Edited by goodperson707

I'm personally alright with the dragon laguz's dragon forms. Unfortunately, they lack variety in shapes, and the only visual differences are among colors save for the black dragons (I think) (and I believe the lack of shape variety is unexcusable, due to a dragon laguz who is revealed at the end of PoR (no spoilers) looking much different in shape from the others, looking like the odd one out). The only plus I can give them is being the second instance of shown bipedal dragons after Fae (excluding the TCG-only wyvern manaketes). More bipedal manaketes, IS!

Imo, RD's dragons are the best looking of all the franchise, because when I hear dragon, I don't expect a dragon fish, or a pokemon. I expect a REAL dragon, a massive, powerful, dangerous beast.

That you'll find in any other Fire emblem btw (sans Awakening), but it was in 2D, in RD they had all of that, in 3D, it helped a lot, especially for Deghinsea.

The more time passes, and I dunno, but there is more and more stupid-looking, over the top, unnecessarily complicated chara-design, now they apparently wish to do the same with dragons, that what I meant by 'modernize' or JPRG, because that's the kind of thing you'll likely to find in modern JRPG. i.e, Tales of, Conceptions. A lot of anime and manga, like Code Geass, had that.

I'm not saying that I really dislike the dragon deer though, but still, I'm worried

Edited by B.Leu

^ Okay but you consider the fluffy feathery puffball that is fa a massive dangerous beast ?

Also humanoid doesn't mean powerful, nor do muscles or size, I'm not a good viewpoint on Japanese culture but i at least think elegance and grace, has its own kind of threatening Power.

The original greek term "drakôn" (δράκων) meant a huge serpent or something like that... It isn't set in stone... Like most mythological creatures.

So I guess as long as it is a huge scary monster with scales it's fine.

Edited by Naughx

Fa is more of an exception than anything else,.and in the same game there is the fire manakete and Idoun, so...

98% of the dragons in FE are badass, in the 2% there is Fa and FEA's Seadragons, and maybe FEIf's deer-dragon.

Wait, are you telling me that this pokemon dragon is graceful or elegant ? No offense, but I'm pretty sure that him and Fa are not. :p

Even Tiki, from FE1, fit the bill perfectly, and she was a kid. I really wonder what the heck she did to that form, because it's a waste

Edited by B.Leu

^ no your right kaimui is not mainly elegant he looks mainly threatening and powerful but with a bit of grace that the one screen shot from april doesn't do justice.

But the elegant part was for the fe 13 dragons

Edited by goodperson707

My favorite manakete in Fire Emblem was Myrrh. Cute human design, badass dragon form, always useful in battle and enough dragonstone to get you through the rest of the game.

Isn't it possible that Manaktes and/or half-Manaketes grow at the same rate as humans until puberty or something? That explains why Nah is a teenager and the same approximate age as the other children characters. Manaketes would probably all die out if they had to be babies for a thousand years before they could fend for themselves. As far as I know, nothing in the games contradicts this, and Nah supports it.

Nowi shows that not only do Manaketes stop aging significantly after hitting puberty, but they are completely sexually mature adults by that age. Eeeew

As does Roy, for that matter. You actually summarized what my theory on the matter is quite well despite not knowing about it, I normally go on long explanations.

Though I usually consider the age they "stop" at to be "varies with the individual" since Fae looks about six, while Nah looks around 14.

(I say stop b/c my theory is way weirder than it really should be just for the sake of keeping apparent age easy to calculate.)

The aging must vary by the individual. Ninian looks noticeably older than Nils, but if they are roughly the same age, shouldn't they appear the same? Wouldn't their conception have to be CENTURIES apart for them to look different?

Roy COULD be half-Manakete, no one is sure.

And RD's laguz dragon are the best dragon ever. Fishy from Awakening and Deer Pokemon just can't win against it. :p

Seriously, why do they feel the need to 'modernize', or rather JRPG everything ?

Fire Emblem dragons have always varied greatly. The serpentine mage dragons, flame winged fire dragons, fluffy goose dragons, dark dragons, sea horse dragons, bipedal dragon laguz, ice dragons... not to mention the dragon mounts some characters ride. It's stranger to think each dragon should look like a 'standard' dragon. I like that they have a Kirin/Dragon this time (although Myrrh remains my favorite)

Edited by NekoKnight

I honestly fail to see Kamui's grace, but you're right, FE13's dragon are elegant, and are actually nice to look at.

Fire Emblem dragons have always varied greatly. The serpentine mage dragons, flame winged fire dragons, fluffy goose dragons, dark dragons, sea horse dragons, bipedal dragon laguz, ice dragons... not to mention the dragon mounts some characters ride. It's stranger to think each dragon should look like a 'standard' dragon. I like that they have a Kirin/Dragon this time (although Myrrh remains my favorite)

It's not really strange, I'm looking at the pictures in the wikia, and sans-Fa, they all look more or less the same, but yeah, with some variatons, like in D&D. Though it's true that the Fire Dragon card look more like the standard dragon than the others, and there's also the Dark Dragon card, who's a snake. Tellius' dragon are more humanoid, but apparently, they can be four-footed without much trouble. (I'm talking about Rajaion)

They all fit the bill in some way or another.

Edited by B.Leu

I honestly fail to see Kamui's grace, but you're right, FE13's dragon are elegant, and are actually nice to look at.

It's not really strange, I'm looking at the pictures in the wikia, and sans-Fa, they all look more or less the same, but yeah, with some variatons, like in D&D. Though it's true that the Fire Dragon card look more like the standard dragon than the others, and there's also the Dark Dragon card, who's a snake. Tellius' dragon are more humanoid, but apparently, they can be four-footed without much trouble. (I'm talking about Rajaion)

They all fit the bill in some way or another.

I think Kirin dragon is an interesting choice, especially considering that Kamui is from not!Japan. More interesting perhaps is that the dragon statue seen in Hoshido does NOT resemble Kamui's dragon form so maybe it hints at Kamui being a very special kind of dragon.

I'm personally alright with the dragon laguz's dragon forms. Unfortunately, they lack variety in shapes, and the only visual differences are among colors save for the black dragons (I think) (and I believe the lack of shape variety is unexcusable, due to a dragon laguz who is revealed at the end of PoR (no spoilers) looking much different in shape from the others, looking like the odd one out). The only plus I can give them is being the second instance of shown bipedal dragons after Fae (excluding the TCG-only wyvern manaketes). More bipedal manaketes, IS!

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/fireemblem/images/7/7f/Earth_Dragon.png/revision/latest?cb=20091120084921

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/fireemblem/images/b/b6/Magic_Dragon.png/revision/latest?cb=20091120091432

All look bipedal to me.

Oh, yeah, I didn't see the original games... Heck, I also forgot young Tiki and Nagi's divine forms in the DS games; they're bipedal as well! ^_^;

I honestly really like FE13's sea-dragons. They're pretty.

^ Okay but you consider the fluffy feathery puffball that is fa a massive dangerous beast ?

Also humanoid doesn't mean powerful, nor do muscles or size, I'm not a good viewpoint on Japanese culture but i at least think elegance and grace, has its own kind of threatening Power.

Fae is dangerous enough that the enemy tried kidnapping her in Chapter 15. Also note she's very young in Dragon years, so her cuteness can be a result of that. Overall, I think Fae's dragon form's design works in context.

Am I the only one who hopes for different dragon transformations by using different stones (fire stone, earth stone and so on)? It has already been done (Fe 3 iirc).

Am I the only one who hopes for different dragon transformations by using different stones (fire stone, earth stone and so on)? It has already been done (Fe 3 iirc).

Neope. I really want that myself since I liked having multiple forms available to my manaketes, even though it was a bit of a hassle to get to the shop (at least it was in 12, haven't gotten there in 3).

I love how you are calling out the nay-sayers as stupid,like,seriously. No,they're not stupid,you aren't either,btw. Either we're all stupid, or none of us are. Unless specifically said otherwise. Anywh... They have opinions too,let them have them. I say no because of these two reasons:

Hoshido Royalty were given the gift of transforming into Dragons from the Gods(I found it in a trailer analysis,either by Gamexplain or here.).

And this:

Manaketes aren't the only ones who can turn into dragons, our character is a Dark Prince(/princess?), which would lead me to believe that we are possessed by a dragon soul(given the gift of Dragons),like that one boss(haven't played that FE,pretty sure someone already mentioned this though.)

I however, do not rule out the possibility of him being a manakete, but if so: Why does he have a sword? >_> So,he may be manakete-ish. Yeah. Or maybe even a manakete,but for now I say no...I think.

I love how you are calling out the nay-sayers as stupid,like,seriously. No,they're not stupid,you aren't either,btw. Either we're all stupid, or none of us are. Unless specifically said otherwise. Anywh... They have opinions too,let them have them. I say no because of these two reasons:

Hoshido Royalty were given the gift of transforming into Dragons from the Gods(I found it in a trailer analysis,either by Gamexplain or here.).

And this:

Manaketes aren't the only ones who can turn into dragons, our character is a Dark Prince(/princess?), which would lead me to believe that we are possessed by a dragon soul(given the gift of Dragons),like that one boss(haven't played that FE,pretty sure someone already mentioned this though.)

I however, do not rule out the possibility of him being a manakete, but if so: Why does he have a sword? >_> So,he may be manakete-ish. Yeah. Or maybe even a manakete,but for now I say no...I think.

Uh... are any of those arguments based on facts or are they just baseless speculation? Kamui has a sword because he is raised in a human society and presumed to be at least 50% human. Who turns into a dragon that isn't a manakete?

Edited by NekoKnight

Uh... are any of those arguments based on facts or are they just baseless speculation? Kamui has a sword because he is raised in a human society and presumed to be at least 50% human. Who turns into a dragon that isn't a manakete?

Dragon laguz. So why is everyone so sure Kamui is going to be a matakete and not some new type of dragon ?

Because he transforms with a Dragonstone.

laguz has something that was basically a dragon stone, they just didn't need it to transform. And with the whole inheritance discussion (about both parents not looking like mataketes) I think they did something new. Maybe a lot like manaketes, but still different.

Dragon laguz. So why is everyone so sure Kamui is going to be a matakete and not some new type of dragon ?

Manaketes are just dragons. I'm asking if there are any non-dragons that turn into dragons because I haven't seen any.