Ragefest IV: Trolls & Tribulations

MarkyJoe1990

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the echo is better this time. I can actually hear her, until the end but 7 hours makes anyone frustrated and say fuck it.

As for the submission, I think it's pretty cool(despite it's problems) and its a shame damn deadlines got in your way Ciraxis.

And now I just need to do the post-production commentary for part 3...

Should've used a Samson plot device to justify Sophia's uncharacteristic powerlessness.

Sophia being powerless is not uncharacteristic.

OH DAMN. ZING.

... Also, I think you meant Reisen's, right? =X

Also, what's the Samson plot device?

Oh... That would only work if it was ever established that Sophia/Reisen's source of power was her hair, but that's not the case.

Practically speaking, I believe the entire reason Sophia's hair is so long in the first place is because she lives in the dessert, and hair absorbs heat and sunlight really well.

That, and the dev team had to give her something that makes her stand out. >_>

As for Reisen... I have a head canon reason that she grew it out as a middle finger to the Lunar Capital and its (again, head canon) rules of only letting its moon rabbits have short, easy to manage hair. The Capital is heavily based on ancient japan, so extremely long hair would be a symbol of high class/nobility, and moon rabbits are more or less slaves there. It helps that Reisen, the only known moon rabit refugee from the Lunar Capital, is also coincidentally the only known moon rabbit with such long flowing hair.

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

Practically speaking, I believe the entire reason Sophia's hair is so long in the first place is because she lives in the dessert, and hair absorbs heat and sunlight really well.

Long hair would just add on extra heat, also bright colors absorb sunlight worse than dark colors. But hair that long would just add on weight and heat to sophia and would generally be an inconvenience. robes covering her from head to toe definitely doesn't help.

... now that I think about it, sophia seems like the least likely person ever to be living in a desert.

Yeah, I meant Reisen, sorry.

I have a head canon reason that she grew it out as a middle finger to the Lunar Capital and its (again, head canon) rules of only letting its moon rabbits have short, easy to manage hair.

Well, that's what Reisen wants you to think, Mark, so I guess it'd be fair game for ragefesters to make up their own semisensible explanation.

Did not spending the moneyman have any consequence, apart from how Sir Axis might chose to continue the plotline in RagefestiVal?

Long hair would just add on extra heat, also bright colors absorb sunlight worse than dark colors. But hair that long would just add on weight and heat to sophia and would generally be an inconvenience. robes covering her from head to toe definitely doesn't help.

... now that I think about it, sophia seems like the least likely person ever to be living in a desert.

This is incorrect. While robes can keep you warm from cold, they also keep you cool in places like the dessert (hence why robes are worn in the dessert like in middle eastern countries). Same with hair. In fact, that is one of hair's main functions.

EDIT: Spoke it over with Ghast over skype. I'll concede that her hair is not beneficial, but it's not detrimental either.

Well, that's what Reisen wants you to think, Mark, so I guess it'd be fair game for ragefesters to make up their own semisensible explanation.

I'm not sure I understand. How do you know that's what Reisen wants me to think? >.>

Did not spending the moneyman have any consequence, apart from how Sir Axis might chose to continue the plotline in RagefestiVal?

Apparently, sparing him would allow him to help you in the theoretical part 3/4 that didn't get made. Edited by MarkyJoe1990

It's true--since weapons no longer rust, so there's no worry about whether or not you'll be able to fight, money is no longer very important.

And yet...the moneyman lives on! How could this be?! Find out next time, in Ragefest (something)!

(I already gave my thoughts on the submission, pretty much, so no point repeating myself)

EDIT: alternatively, people playing FE13 with DLC accumulated so much money that they created a world for FE14 in which weapons do not rust because there is never a lack of money.

Edited by 47948201

Alright, so in all seriousness... only 10 submissions left. We've reached the same number of submissions as Ragefest III (Sans the DQs of Ragefest III) and I can safely say that - on average - Ragefest IV has been a better contest.

It's also managed to piss me off WAY more than any other Ragefest on average. >_<

I should probably mention that while all of these submissions have pissed me off to some degree, none of them have been disqualified (I went back and played Alusq's submission and proved it was almost entirely RNG proof, and beat it without savestates. Might record the run and remove the current [Part 2] of it cause... man, I don't like that video.)

I feel like I have more stuff to say... hm... I guess I forgot. Oh well.

BUTT ROCK

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

*raises hand?*

I do have school though, so my window for viewing livestreams is limited for now. hmmm.....I will instead request that you do the next person's one first, but set aside mine for a time that I can view it easily (perhaps during winter break for school? mid December to jan 1st)

therefore....SECOND COME FIRST SERVE

Edited by RandomSwordmaster