Shovel Knight Anonymafia - Game Over

Prims

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a) I made a mod mistake which is irritating by itself but is worse because nobody suggested the possibility of a mod mistake to me while I was around including people who were IO

I'm sorry I really didn't realize until it was too late, I knew you weren't online and was just like well shit this sucks and I threw it out in public instead when I shouldn't have

but come on guys I would never throw out "IT WAS A MOD ERROR" as a scum defense..............

I'm sorry I really didn't realize until it was too late, I knew you weren't online and was just like well shit this sucks and I threw it out in public instead when I shouldn't have

but come on guys I would never throw out "IT WAS A MOD ERROR" as a scum defense..............

I would.

Randa, when people make emotional posts in mafia, it's generally not because they stepped back and thought about whether it was necessary or not then did it anyway. Even if the post was unnecessary, being accusatory about it is more likely to aggravate the situation further rather than defuse it

I mean I should feel flattered but you guys seem to make me out as being better at scum than I actually am. I am a TERRIBLE scum player and whenever people throw out these clever gambit ruse things that I could be involved in I'm like "but I'm too unskilled at being scum to do that???" btw this is half a joke because this was an anon game but also half not because this seems to happen a lot and I just find it kind of hilarious actually. like yeah I really am flattered but guys I am horrible scum

Thanks for trying to discourage me with that personal attack, by the way.

[snip]

jesus it was a typo calm down

The bolded I took as a personal insult. Why? Because it basically implies (if not flat out says) that I am a person who either needs or resort to personal attacks because they can't find any other way to respond to it. It basically implies that I am the type of terrible person who would intentionally try to hurt or discourage others. OVER A GAME. Even if you didn't see the implication yourself, that is how I initially saw it, and even if you don't agree I don't think you can say that my feelings are invalid or that it was not a reason to be upset if I saw it that way.

The italicized part is not so much of an attack, but fuck I wasn't even mad at that point. I was just trying to do what I see Paper or Prims or Elie do all the time and never get called out on. In a way, it's "putting words in my mouth" by saying that I'm feeling a state of something I'm not, which could or could not influence how other people read my post.

You don't even sound apologetic at all and it still feels like you're pinning the entire thing on me when it wasn't. Honestly, I am not sure I have a very favorable opinion of you after this.

look im sorry i was saying that from a mafia viewpoint i didn't mean it personally can we please not bring that up

I think the main thing with players like you and Paper is that even though you're bad at scum you also have a better grip of the game than most people so people think "maybe they finally just got good" which, assuming you don't ignore genuinely townie tells becuse of it, is honestly not a terrible mindset to have cough randa cough

I'm not saying I'm guilt free. Yes I was part of the problem. Doesn't mean I wouldn't do it again. I will call it as I see it. I my opinion it was unnecessary and unprovoked. Given that is how I saw the situation my response to the matter was, again in my opinion, perfectly fine. I don't think I said anything hurtful, I did not say boron was a bad person and should go kill herself. I merely stated my thoughts on how she acted. I made no judgement on her character or her as a person.

I literally scumread Shin in every mafia game that I play as him (honestly, if Boron was playing I'm not so sure I'd be down with that lynch in the end; not saying that Shin sucks but it's more of a personal failing on my part). I'm also stupid.

Don't want to say too much about how the game ended up going after I died because it'll just be me being an asshole with the powers of retrospect. Mole Knight's claimed version of my role was crazy overpowered though and was way better than two other claimed protective roles though, so I'm not quite sure how people bought it.

Tinker Knight played well early on, but I'm kind of annoyed because he basically convinced me not to YOLO lynch Mole Knight when I was previously going to do so (this is unfair on my part, but I can't help it). No offense, but I don't really get why Prims thought so highly of his play. He cased scum in the beginning of the phases and then when things really mattered voted town (don't get me wrong, I basically did the same thing so yeah).

c) vhaltz having a bad read on mole then going "no the reads on mole were fine" which is justification to keep making the same mistake and not lynch scummy ppl in future games, maybe if they were fine you wouldn't have been wrong

Don't put words in my mouth. This statement was just "Randa deserved to win" which I stand by. I'm obviously going to be ten times as careful next time I play against him since I clearly can't read him as well as I thought I did, it just doesn't change the fact that he didn't play nearly as badly as you proclaim . His D3 gambit was good and the scumteam's interactions could've gotten them the game regardless of whether the fake 1v1 happened or not.

Stop shirking your responsibility by shoving the blame onto others. Why the hell would IO's have any responsibility over the game state?

I don't think Randa's play was bad so much as it had scum intent and I expected people to see that. idk even if you want to argue informed bias on my part, he was posting the kind of shit people should be pressing D1 on basic mafia instinct.

Edited by Prims

Don't put words in my mouth. This statement was just "Randa deserved to win" which I stand by. I'm obviously going to be ten times as careful next time I play against him since I clearly can't read him as well as I thought I did, it just doesn't change the fact that he didn't play nearly as badly as you proclaim . His D3 gambit was good and the scumteam's interactions could've gotten them the game regardless of whether the fake 1v1 happened or not.

Stop shirking your responsibility by shoving the blame onto others. Why the hell would IO's have any responsibility over the game state?

That was actually not a good risk to take, I was just getting impatient. The way I was looking at the situation I probably would've said my vote cleared propeller and basically confirmed I was scum along with Baldrick. I gave it a good amount of thought but to me it was like 60/40 risk reward. Yeah it's not that bad but it still wasn't that best play IMO.

I don't think Randa's play was bad so much as it had scum intent and I expected people to see that. idk even if you want to argue informed bias on my part, he was posting the kind of shit people should be pressing D1 on basic mafia instinct.

I think Vhaltz was right in my fuck up saving my ass day 1.

RE: IOs: Manix and SB both knew the set-up and I was under the impression they were skimming on and off, or that Via was at least talking to Manix about the game, it would have been nice if they had gone "dude why didn't Via get a watch result". I don't blame them but I'm frustrated.

That's cool! My read on him, what should've been my read on hm or my treatment of him from here on out doesn't change the fact that the Day 3 lynch was entirely the result of a mod error that you just excuse yourself out of by blaming the players for lynching while you were away, by blaming the IOs for not telling you, and by arguing that town played badly.

I've already come to terms with losing the game, I'm just awestruck that you're trying so hard to misplace the blame here.