Shovel Knight Anonymafia - Game Over

Prims

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not trying to misplace the blame. I just gave a list of reasons why the game frustrated me. You'll note I didn't even say I was mad because the IOs didn't tell me about the error, just that I'm more sore about the error because of that. I thought town's play sucked before the mod error happened and would have brought that up even if the mod error didn't happen.

This doesn't apply to this game since none of the IOs specifically asked for it, but in the future I feel like if somebody requests IO they should be expected to help mod the game. Otherwise the mod is just knocking out a potential player / sub for no gain.

Edited by Prims

RE: IOs: Manix and SB both knew the set-up and I was under the impression they were skimming on and off, or that Via was at least talking to Manix about the game, it would have been nice if they had gone "dude why didn't Via get a watch result". I don't blame them but I'm frustrated.

i was basically skimming but i probably should've caught it anyway. mafia is hard even when you're not playing, apparently

also I don't see the point in not counting the game since asking for clarification would have just resulted in me retroactively changing mechanics rather than claiming a mod error happened. canonically Tinker's action just did not appear to trackers/watchers, keep this in mind if you ever want to be 1-shot ninja blacksmith in Nostalgia 2 for some reason

btw thank you prims this game finally motivated me to play shovel knight, it reminds me of when earthbound mafia at DM finally motivated me to play earthbound and in both cases they were great experiences that really distracted me from irl stuff so i just wanted to say thank you and that i wanted to roleplay more but i didn't get to propeller's stage in time. ;_;

This doesn't apply to this game since none of the IOs specifically asked for it, but in the future I feel like if somebody requests IO they should be expected to help mod the game. Otherwise the mod is just knocking out a potential player / sub for no gain.

That's what co-mods are for. IOs, like spectators, don't necessarily read through the whole game. In this case an IO could have only maybe warned you if they noticed the issue with Propeller's ED3 post, whereas a co-mod could have resolved the issue or paused the game as soon as the issue popped up in late D3.

you're welcome, it's goty 2014 and more people should do the same

I will, after I download it somewhere.

What? I am a Polar Knight. Vikings don't pay for their stuff. Unless it is the iron price.

Man, this is the second Prims game in a row that I've lost. I used to be good at these things.

I guess I'm saying that instead of taking IO requests people should just take co-mod requests, if you're not gonna help mod you don't get spoilers on request, you only get spoilers if the mod talks to you and decides to give you them. I don't like it when people request IO because it's like saying "I don't want to play your game but I want to contribute to potential modkill risk if I talk to people, expect nothing in return"

Edited by Prims

Anyway, I don't think the mod error changed the result, I doubt Randa would have been lynched if I flipped after I "tunneled" him all game.

Paper should have lynched Randa D1 and me D2, so it's not like town didn't have an opportunity to win.

I guess I'm saying that instead of taking IO requests people should just take co-mod requests, if you're not gonna help mod you don't get spoilers on request, you only get spoilers if the mod talks to you and decides to give you them. I don't like it when people request IO because it's like saying "I don't want to play your game but I want to contribute to potential modkill risk if I talk to people, expect nothing in return"

I'm cool with co-mod requests. I end up doing votals for a couple of games I spectate anyways.

set-up

Playerlist:

Black Knight - Boron Shin

King Knight - Refa

Plague Knight - Paperblade

Polar Knight - Rapier Mancer

Propeller Knight - Via

Spectre Knight - Vhaltz

Tinker Knight - Blitz

Mole Knight - Randa

Treasure Knight - Carnegie Baldrick

-

Black Knight - Town Neighborizer

King Knight - Town Interfering Roleblocker

Plague Knight - Town 1x Wagon Persuader

Polar Knight - Town Triggerable Deathproof

Propeller Knight - Town 1x Jack of All Trades

Spectre Knight - Town Insomniac / Stump

Tinker Knight - Town 1x Blacksmith

Chester - Mafia Snoop / Ninja

Shovel Knight - Mafia Coroner / Gravedigger

Shovel Knight receives the target's full role PM and a list of their targets, and may then use their abilities at any time, but may only gravedig once per phase.

Safe Claims: Mole Knight, Treasure Knight

-

You are Treasure Knight, a greedy bounty hunter with a gigantic diving helmet. You rule the ocean as the captain of the Iron Whale, a huge prototype submarine. Each night, you may ##Snoop on another player in search of treasure, learning of any items they happen to be carrying at the end of the night. In the process, you'll also detect whether they have any shot-based role abilities, as well as how many shots those abilities have left.

You are a Snoop aligned with the Order of No Quarter. You win when the Champions have been eliminated.

Only... that's not actually true! You're really Chester, a merchant and treasure hunter helping out your recurring customer Shovel Knight in hopes of making some more money. You can ##Snoop on people just like Treasure Knight, and your sick flips and ability to hide yourself in treasure chests by getting locked inside them (on purpose, of course) make you hard to track down during the night - any night actions you use will not be seen by other players.

You are a Snoop / Ninja aligned with the Champions. You win when you acheive parity with the Order of No Quarter, or when nothing can stop the same from happening. You may speak with Shovel Knight (played by Randa and in the guise of Mole Knight) in this quicktopic as long as both of you are alive, and one of you may be sent to ##Slay another player each night. You may use active abilities and your factional nightkill in the same night.

-

You are Mole Knight, an experienced digger capable of excavating even legendary abandoned metropolises. Obsessed with tunneling, you're here to show Shovel Knight who the true master of digging is. Each night, you may ##Excavate a dead player's corpse from the ground, receiving a copy of their role information and tracker results on them from each night they were alive (as in, who they targeted).

You are a Coroner aligned with the Order of No Quarter. You win when the Champions have been eliminated.

Only... that's not actually true! You're really Shovel Knight, here to reclaim your fallen partner Shield Knight from the Enchantress, and you're starting by taking down her Order of No Quarter. Alongside being able to ##Excavate other players like Mole Knight was able to before you smacked him over the head with your trusty shovel, once per night you may ##Gravedig the relics of a player you've excavated, using one of their role abilities as you wish. You're such a good digger that if they used up all their shots while alive, you'll be able to salvage an extra one anyway.

You are a Coroner / Gravedigger aligned with the Champions. You win when you acheive parity with the Order of No Quarter, or when nothing can stop the same from happening. Your only ally is Chester, a merchant helping you out in hopes of finding relics (played by Carnegie and in the guise of Treasure Knight), and you may speak with him in this quicktopic as long as both of you are alive. Of course, one of you may also be sent to ##Slay another player each night. You may use active abilities and your factional nightkill in the same night.

-

You are Black Knight, a mysterious rival of Shovel Knight's willing to follow him to the ends of the earth for a chance to clash weapons. As such, despite not truly being a member of the Order of No Quarter, you share a common goal, or so it seems... In any case, on your travels, you may ##Neighborize another player nightly, heading to their spot on the overworld map for a day and giving you outside contact with them for the following day phase.

You are a Neighborizer aligned with the Order of No Quarter. You win when the Champions have been eliminated.

-

You are King Knight, a described "decadent dandy" who is not an actual king. Thanks to the Enchantress, though, you get to pretend to be one, which is good enough. Each night, you may ##Roleblock another player, demanding they bow before you and stopping them from using their role's active abilities that night. Unfortunately, since you don't have the influence of a real king, a player trying to kill somebody will just toss you out and kill you instead.

You are an Interfering Roleblocker aligned with the Order of No Quarter. You win when the Champions have been eliminated.

-

You are Plague Knight, a creepy chemist residing deep within the Explodatorium. You are totally reckless, experimenting and throwing around explosive flasks without any adherence for lab safety. Once in the game, you may post ##Transmute votes on X to votes on Y in-thread, turning any votes on one specified player into votes on another. This is not permanent - any player whose votes you affected can switch them back once they see the thread, assuming your ability doesn't cause a player to reach hammer. You may not use your ability in LYLO.

You are a 1x Wagon Persuader aligned with the Order of No Quarter. You win when the Champions have been eliminated.

-

You are Polar Knight, a hulking viking-like knight with a snow shovel. You are one of the most brutish of the Order of No Quarter, and have crossed paths with Shovel Knight before. Once in the game, you may at any time post the command ##Block in-thread, warding off attacks with your huge shovel and rendering you totally unkillable for that phase and the following one. Example: if you blocked during Day 1, you'd be immune to lynches and kills for Day 1 and Night 1. The mod will openly announce your temporary immunity as well. However, you won't be able to fend off a lynch during *YLO, because by then too many spikes will have been dug up around the arena and town will just shove you into them. Your fault for digging them up.

Also, if you use your ability during the night phase, please don't post anything other than the command itself!

You are a Triggerable Deathproof aligned with the Order of No Quarter. You win when the Champions have been eliminated.

-

You are Propeller Knight, a high-flying ladies' knight with a sweet rapier and your own airship. You are mod-confirmed to have the sickest stage music in the game. Once in the game, you may use your airship's vantage point to ##Peep on a player (you'll learn whether they left their house or not and who targeted them if they didn't), let them aboard and ##Protect them from kills for the night, or disarm them in a duel and ##Roleblock any active abilities they try and use. Note that regardless of which one you choose, you only have enough time to use one action!

You are a 1x Jack of All Trades aligned with the Order of No Quarter. You win when the Champions have been eliminated.

-

You are Specter Knight, an undead knight given life anew by the Enchantress. As the night brings no fear to you, only your enemies, you may speak openly in the thread during the night phase. Additionally, since the Enchantress' magic sustains you, you may continue to post your thoughts about the game in the thread post-mortem until town enters a form of *YLO.

You are an Insomniac / Stump aligned with the Order of No Quarter. You win when the Champions have been eliminated.

-

You are Tinker Knight, a short inventor very dedicated to his work. You might lack combat prowess, but your tanks sure don't. Once in the game, you may ##Build for another player, giving them a 1x Bulletproof item in the form of an armored tank, which will save them from one attempt on their life. However, it takes a while to build with your wimpy little arms, so this resolves AFTER kills, meaning you can't save somebody on the night you build their tank!

You are a 1x Blacksmith aligned with the Order of No Quarter. You win when the Champions have been eliminated.

by the way, I'm gonna say that even without a mod mistake it was theoretically possible mafia had a Sneak or something since that's totally something I would do.

and idk if that was really probable (it wasn't), but it's frustrating when you put a lot of effort into making set-ups geared toward scumhunting rather than role-hunting while still giving people roles to use, and people automatically assume roles are 100% concrete and try to game the set-up based on their very poor understanding of your modding mindset. that's outright bad play if you're putting serious stock in it, stop trying to outguess the mod. i say this every time i finish hosting a game but nobody ever learns.

same thing goes for Vhaltz treating stump as an auto-clear, or people finding Randa's claim inherently town. spoilers all scum get town-sounding claims and his role was actually more useful for scum since they'd be able to learn concrete info about the set-up to figure out what roles they're up against. scum is like the one alignment where set-up spec should actually help you.

I guess if people want me to not "shift the blame" for town losing they need to not use the mod mistake to ignore how shaky their logic was.

honestly maybe I should just host mostly vanilla games from now on until people learn how to play mafia.

Edited by Prims

Man, this is the second Prims game in a row that I've lost. I used to be good at these things.

I tried to vote Randa, but no one followed me.

Oh also Chester could choose whether his actions were Ninja or not on a case-by-case basis - this was originally not the case (the point of him being Ninja was so that a theoretical town Mole Knight couldn't dig him up to get a ton of clears and crack open the game) but Baldrick asked me if he could and I said "yes" because I realized being locked as Ninja could've screwed over his verifiability. Propeller Knight's role was originally something else and I forgot to account for there being a real tracker/watcher after I changed it, whoops.