Classes

NekoKnight

Besides looking at the promotion branches, I think you should consider the class parallels between Nohr and Hoshido too.

Songstress / Dark Prince

Myrmidon / Mercenary

Lancer / Knight

Oni / Fighter

Bowman / Thief

Spellcaster / Dark Mage

Priestess / Rod Knight

Pegasus Warrior / Wyvern Rider

Ninja / Cavalier ?

Fox Spirit / Garou

But you're right, even if every known base class got two promotions (unlikely, but possible...), that's still not 60 classes, unless Fox Spirit and Garou can promote too.

I guess Amiibo classes could count, but that almost seems like a cheat, especially if they're exclusive to those characters.

Maybe there are more odds and ends we haven't seen, like the Villager? Oh yeah, I guess Nohr probably gets its own "trainee" class.

They might be including DLC only classes like the Dread Fighter and Bride from Awakening.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IS wouldn't include DLC in a classes in a count for the base game. It's possible that Garu and Fox Spirit will have promotions, considering how Dark Prince also is a transforming class and it has a promotion.

Edited by NeonZ

IS wouldn't include DLC in a classes in a count for the base game. It's possible that Garu and Fox Spirit will have promotions, considering how Dark Prince also is a transforming class and it has a promotion.

That's an interesting thing I didn't consider...I wonder what promotion would do for them?

^ not much probably, probably just better base and max stats. The thing with is that they probably will have 5 mov unpromoted in that case, which i think is one of the reasons that kamui has a promotion, to make him/her have 5 mov and limiting promotion bonuses till you get master seals. And the tradition since thracia of starting the lord unpromoted of course. Tbh I don't think kaimui is that valid of a precedent for promoted shifters.

^^ i don't think they would give Hoshido a nomad like class, from what we have seen the only horse classes in Hoshido are pegasi. Despite irl Japanese horse fighters, it appears so far they want non pegasi horses to be a Nohr thing. I don't think it is a coincidence that the nohrian siblings are all riders, horses seem to be a status symbol there.

I'd rather they give us interesting classes that make sense than commit to a minor theme for...reasons. Nohr can keep it's heavy cavalry, not!Japan Hoshido deserves some mounted archers.

^ not much probably, probably just better base and max stats. The thing with is that they probably will have 5 mov unpromoted in that case, which i think is one of the reasons that kamui has a promotion, to make him/her have 5 mov and limiting promotion bonuses till you get master seals. And the tradition since thracia of starting the lord unpromoted of course. Tbh I don't think kaimui is that valid of a precedent for promoted shifters.

I wonder if at least their movement and non shifted outfit will upgrade at all.

The conventional archer is apparently a Hoshido exclusive class, while thieves now wield solely bows, making them the "archers" of Nohr.

Does anyone else think that it's possible that the Hoshido archers will promote into the bow-wielding pegasus unit since all of the actual horses are in Nohr?

I'm confused. Why would thief and Merc share the bow knight? WOuldn't that be shared by the merc and acrher?

Perhaps because thieves only use bows now?

Does anyone else think that it's possible that the Hoshido archers will promote into the bow-wielding pegasus unit since all of the actual horses are in Nohr?

That makes sense, but I dunno if they would do that. Archers can turn into bow knights so they'd probably keep that there instead of a pegasus archer.

^ i doubt they would have branch promotions between a Nohr class and a Hoshido class. Plus there don't seem to be non Pegasi horses in Hoshido.

This is exactly what I just said?

^ yes yes it was.

Sorry about that. But on pegasus knights, i wouln't mind that, we i don't think we had a class branch to peg before, i kinda like it. Only thing pegs are kinda parallel to wyvern knights and i can't think of a class to branch to a promoted wyvern class. Unless revenant knight uses magic but even then dark mages already have 2... Unless dark knight is a base class?

The conventional archer is apparently a Hoshido exclusive class, while thieves now wield solely bows, making them the "archers" of Nohr.

I feel like the Pegasus units will have their own class tree like they did in Awakening just because I find a land unit promoting to a flying unit to be too big a change (it also parallels my assumption that Wyvern Rider is by itself and promotes to Wyvern Lord or Revenant Knight). I think Bowman to Sakura's Staff+Bow promotion makes more sense, along with Sniper (or whatever they want to call it in Hoshido).

Euurgh bow locked thieves? I just can't stand to use bows, though maybe my opinion will change come If's release considering all the other ranged weapons nerf.

I hope a lot of these base classes get at least one unique promotion. Thieves promoting to Bow Knights just feels so wrong. A promotion should share more than a weapon type, they should share a theme with their base class.

I'm pretty sure that ninjas will be the ones opening doors for Hoshido. Ninjas were mostly spies and infiltrator: unlocking doors goes right along with that.

I think horse archers will be on the Hoshido side. I know that all horses so far were on Nohr, but horse archers are really eastern: There's no such thing as a western horse archer anywhere in history (javelin cavalry at best). Even the attack animation for the Awakening horse archer was in the traditional Japanese horse archery.