Do you think face rubbing will be included in the western release?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That proposed idea for an excuse that you put forth sounds awfully like the infamous "mana transfer rituals" from Fate/Stay Night [a visual novel] and its spin-offs. Although not as explicit, admittedly.

Hmm..didn't know that lol

Anything to keep it from being too lewd

You gravely underestimate the idiocy of your average soccer mom when it comes to video games. Video games are the personal creation of Satan, don't you know, created with the sole purpose of corrupting my poor innocent Jimmy.

These middle aged soccer moms you people are soi afraid of don't actually exist. And as weird as it is, it's not really lewd

These middle aged soccer moms you people are soi afraid of don't actually exist. And as weird as it is, it's not really lewd

They do. They even have a Twitter if memory serves, with quite a number of followers.

I damnly hope not.

I mean goddamn.

FE is being the litteral BITCH just to get attention from stupids guys that don't even know the series.

I know, that way of thinking may be too much purist/elitist/whatever you want.

But THAT feature pisses me off.

Should have been Hoshido only, we would got fixed...

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

I think it will be included. There's no reason to not include it. It's just face rubbing. Or at least, that's all that's implied. You probably can rub anywhere, but the characters might react badly if you do something that actually is inappropriate, which is enough motivation on it's own to not go too far south of their faces. So, if that's the case, I doubt the west will do much with it, beyond translating. Besides, Awakening has a T rating on it, and IF is probably going to be the same, so if anyone tries to complain that it's not kid friendly, well, there's a reason it's rated T and not E.

Neither the face rubbing or the bathhouse seem to be gender specific, but different genders might react differently to each. I think her name is Kazahana, but in the video, a male Kamui entered the bath while she was in it, and it seemed like she either ran out in embarrassment, or attacked Kamui for it. I couldn't quite tell, since it switched screens almost as soon as she started moving. Obviously I don't know how it works in the game, but normally when a guy does something to upset a girl like that, usually that's a point against him, does anyone else think it might be possible to lower your relationship points with the other units?

Sorry, probably getting off topic with that question.

I think her name is Kazahana, but in the video, a male Kamui entered the bath while she was in it, and it seemed like she either ran out in embarrassment, or attacked Kamui for it.

but normally when a guy does something to upset a girl like that, usually that's a point against him, does anyone else think it might be possible to lower your relationship points with the other units

Fire Emblem Tsundere Simulator confirmed.

i mean personally, unless it does give you something interesting, there's no way i'm touching the weird amie thing.

like, just come in my room and i'll stroke your face. that's not weird at all. nope. not at all.

i mean, i get they're trying to capitalize on the fact that fire emblem is kind of known for having characters that have their own motivations and background and such, but...

through face rubbing? that's how they're capitalizing on that?

Edited by falcoknights

Normally I don't like censorship as it feels like it takes away a part of the experience.

This is an exception.

I don't care if it's optional or not, the very fact that I'll see the option in some option menu makes me want to vomit.

I don't see why they wouldn't include face rubbing in the western release. Am I the only one not bothered by the face rubbing thing?

No, I don't even understand why it is such a big deal. It isn't a gross thing it is literally just touching another person's face or playing with their hair, which gets done to me a lot. Maybe my friends are just weird.

No, I don't even understand why it is such a big deal. It isn't a gross thing it is literally just touching another person's face or playing with their hair, which gets done to me a lot. Maybe my friends are just weird.

It isn't gross, but it is a conscious action for most people and usually reserved for people you're exceptionally close to. Seeing it used so freely probably puts a lot of people off.

Edited by HeroMystic

It's odd but it's not really lewd.

Its pretty goddamn lewd if you really look at it.

However, i think NoE/A will likely make the dialogue less suggestive. Maybe....Maybe it depends on existing support level, the dialogue? Either way, i do not mind it.

It isn't gross, but it is a conscious action for most people and usually reserved for people you're exceptionally close to. Seeing it used so freely probably puts a lot of people off.

the first one they showed had hearts on the menu that might mean you need a high rank to do it and the others were separate games. At least I hope you need a high support rank

Still weird though. But a sliver less creepy