2015 release?

Zhadox

I know this is a long shot, but I think it could be possible. One reason for this is the fact it wasn't in the micro direct soooo it could be at E3 and if it's at E3 the probability of it coming out in NA early will raise exponentially, since they did already say that the games at E3 are games coming out in 2015. Also Bravely Second is going to be coming out in 2016 which I bet will be around the same time Bravely Default came out which is also around when Awakening came out the year before so if they come out around the same time no doubt the sales will be less for one or both of them.

So what do you think? Is it a possibility?

the best i can hope is to be released in the first semester of 2016, the game is with a huge hype so it's possible or not to the Nintendo America put more effort on it

come E3 !!! i want moar hype for FE if u_u

There's at least no question on whether or not it's getting localized in the first place, so we'll at least have it in our hands before the Japanese version's been out for a year! (yaaayy?)

Awakening JP's release date: April 19th, 2012.
Awakening's NA release date: February 4th, 2013.

IF apparently has more content, altogether, then Awakening, and IF's JP release date is June 25th 2015. Unless they were taking their time translating Awakening, for some reason, I doubt we'll see this until at least next April. If they were taking their time translating Awakening, we might, if we're really lucky see it by January or February. Perhaps even an early December release if they push themselves.

IF apparently has more content, altogether, then Awakening, and IF's JP release date is June 25th 2015. Unless they were taking their time translating Awakening, for some reason, I doubt we'll see this until at least next April. If they were taking their time translating Awakening, we might, if we're really lucky see it by January or February. Perhaps even an early December release if they push themselves.

It pretty much all depends on when they started translation.

It's unlikely, but still possible I'd say, given how well Awakening did over here. I'd still say 2016 is much more likely, however.

Edited by Sophie

I really hope for some English footage at E3. Is it possible for NOA to start translating a Japanese game (other than Pokemon) before its release in Japan?

I don't see why it wouldn't be possible.

How do you think Atlus gets it's text-heavy games out just a couple months after JPN release? Unfortunately, Nintendo doesn't seem to be that proactive, but it's possible.

We all want the game sooner, but Japanese-English translation is tough business.

2016 - so long as it's early 2016 - seems fair to me.

Fingers crossed, though. I wanna rub Marx's face in my room all day.

Just because the game will likely be shown at E3 doesn't mean that it is coming out this year. I'm not sure how you arrived at that conclusion.

They don't release the game as soon as it is localized. NoA also has to pick a time that would optimize sales. February seems the most likely.

Edited by Zvarri!

Just because the game will likely be shown at E3 doesn't mean that it is coming out this year. I'm not sure how you arrived at that conclusion.

They don't release the game as soon as it is localized. NoA also has to pick a time that would optimize sales. February seems the most likely.

True. Now I feel pretty dumb for forgetting about that. I was just thinking in terms of how long it took for Awakening to release. That'll show me to speak before I think.

I don't see why it wouldn't be possible.

How do you think Atlus gets it's text-heavy games out just a couple months after JPN release? Unfortunately, Nintendo doesn't seem to be that proactive, but it's possible.

Atlus actually (somehow) found a way to translate Persona 5 almost simultaneously with the Japanese one. Not sure how, but it's most likely due to much effort. Seeing as Atlus has only one (or, a few) games to focus on, Nintendo has a bunch more.

There's also the issue of the game split though. They didn't announce a split for NA in the Direct where they announced the Japanese one. If they really intend to do that, they'll likely wait for quite a while before launching the game outside of Japan, otherwise, there'd be quite a backlash there due to the different release models.

Edited by NeonZ

Keep in mind: There is 3 possible routes to take and each route have the same content as Awakening and it's possible we will also have more DLC. I can only imagine a release for the first months of 2016.

I hope they don't wait for the third path to be translated to release the NA/EU game. I mean do we even know when that's going to be released in japan? I'd rather play the hoshido and norh paths before the third paths is available than waiting even longer just so that I get the three paths at the same time.

I thought you simple bought the download code (something stored on your cartridge). so that once the third path gets released you can download it for free

Pretty sure this is correct; if I'm not mistaken, they said in the JP April direct that the collector's edition would include the Third Path when the Third Path is released.

Does anybody know if this is being handled by NoA's in-house localization (Treehouse and co) or is it being handled by 8-4 ltd again? (Guys who did Shadow Dragon / Awakening)

Does anybody know if this is being handled by NoA's in-house localization (Treehouse and co) or is it being handled by 8-4 ltd again? (Guys who did Shadow Dragon / Awakening)

We don't know, but it's a safe guess that 8-4 is doing it. 8-4 have done lots of the RPG's Nintendo of America have published since the DS era.

We don't know, but it's a safe guess that 8-4 is doing it. 8-4 have done lots of the RPG's Nintendo of America have published since the DS era.

Hmm thought so, since I wasn't sure if I missed the news about it or not. If 8-4 I imagine it will be done fairly on schedule, and left to NoA to determine most optimal release and such.