Why Luna looks so much like Severa.

BlueLore

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Obsessively whispers to himself*

Please don't let the outrealms be canon... please don't let the outrealms be canon... please don't let the outrealms be canon.

Those slots could be used for totally new characters, or they could be used to expand existing characters. It's weird to do neither.

They're probably last minute additions to inflate the character count and pander to the Awakening fans.

Also, slots? My prediction about us becoming closer to the Smash Bros. Fandom is correct.

Edited by Leon of Nohr

Considering that most of the characters are not going to have any influence on the plot outside of the chapter they are introduced in and support conversations it is unlikely that the fact Luna looks like Severa is going to be super important in any regards.

The one managing the Einherjar shop at the end of the 9 minutes video... could that be Odin?

Good eye! Seems like he has some kind of circlet or something.

If Nohr is supposed to be the 'dark' side, and if Luna, Odin and look-like-Inigo have their (very shitty) personality from FEA, why would they join Nohr ? Crap, why would Norh even want them in the first place ? And don't tell me it's because they don't have many solders, it's wrong, they have a TON of soldiers.

Luna seems to have the same personality Severa did at least. Anyway, the Nohr campaign isn't an "evil" campaign though and one of the Nohr exclusive characters even is a wannabe hero. They've just revealed too that Nohr is lacking in natural resources and needs fertile lands, while the initial trailer seemed to imply that Nohr was invading just for glory, so there's likely even more reasons behind this war that are still unknown.

Maybe Luna IS Severa but changed her name for some reasons... but that wouldn't make any sense now, would it?

And to be honest, not-Inigo doesn't really look like Inigo in the same way as Luna and Severa except his back shot...

EDIT: 1. typo 2. add edit

Edited by LoboKD001

It's pretty easy to notice that Yusuke Kozaki (artist for Fire Emblem Awakening, Fire Emblem: If, Liberation Maiden and No More Heroes) really likes to draw long-haired girls (Lucina is a big favorite from Awakening, Cherche, Cordelia, Aqua, default female Kamui, Shoko Ozora, and possibly others).

Also, he's stated that he draws various body parts ahead of time so he can mix and match them to his liking if making new character designs.

How does one go about doing that? o.o

Basically drawing different hairstyles, different eyes, etc. separately before putting together a new character. This is what I remember hearing from a translator at Kozaki's panel at Otakon 2014.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Considering that most of the characters are not going to have any influence on the plot outside of the chapter they are introduced in and support conversations it is unlikely that the fact Luna looks like Severa is going to be super important in any regards.

Well it could come up in her support conversations you know.

Also Virion originally didn't seem to be anything special,yet it was him who gave the player some insight into the valmese invasion(sure it is only a very small plot point,where he shines,but it is still something)

Honestly, I don't know why there is so much discussion about it. Luna is an expy of Severa. Fire Emblem does this sort of thing often. Severa was a general favorite, and has an elevated status due to being a child character. The if developers are just giving a nod to Severa fans, just as they apparently have with Inigo fans.

Honestly, I don't know why there is so much discussion about it. Luna is an expy of Severa. Fire Emblem does this sort of thing often. Severa was a general favorite, and has an elevated status due to being a child character. The if developers are just giving a nod to Severa fans, just as they apparently have with Inigo fans.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind a character that kinda looks like Severa, but Luna literally looks like Severa with a new outfit. (And them sharing VAs is really suspicious...)

I'm just mad that Luna/Severa 2.0 is only going to be in the Nohr version. I honestly wasn't planning on playing Nohr (because I'm a scrub and I suck at games), but now it looks like I have no choice. Rest in peace wallet.

I'm just mad that Luna/Severa 2.0 is only going to be in the Nohr version. I honestly wasn't planning on playing Nohr (because I'm a scrub and I suck at games), but now it looks like I have no choice. Rest in peace wallet.

I really do wonder if this is part of the intent behind including such characters, as so far the look-alikes do seem Nohr only....

Something MUST be up with this character. I simply can't get into my head that Luna is a copypasta with nothing else related to Severa other than looks and VA. I'm willing to bet she's not just a look-alike.

Maybe Luna IS Severa but changed her name for some reasons... but that wouldn't make any sense now, would it?

And to be honest, not-Inigo doesn't really look like Inigo in the same way as Luna and Severa except his back shot...

Well, Camus changed names in Gaiden for no reason. So, it wouldn't be the first time. That's also why people are theorizing that these could be the children born in the saved timeline. They easily could have gotten different names to differentiate them from their future selves- remember, Lucina is the only one actually born during Awakening itself. All the other ones would be born after their future selves were already known to their parents and left in that world.

Luna even has the same VA as Severa, so I don't think it's a matter of the artist being unable to draw different faces. They clearly want to draw a strong connection between them.

Anyway, regarding the Inigo lookalike, I actually agree that the bit of his face picture seem to have at least more distinct bangs than Severa vs Luna - However, his face otherwise still matches, down to the expression, and there's also an old shot that shows a gray haired mercenary in the map who seems to have the same hair sprite as Inigo's sprite. Then we have that dark mage Odin who seems to reuse Owain's hair for his sprite. We haven't gotten closer looks at those two yet, but their hair colors matching the default ones of the children and reusing their hair styles suggests they're something similar to Luna.

Edited by NeonZ

Well, Camus changed names in Gaiden for no reason. So, it wouldn't be the first time. That's also why people are theorizing that these could be the children born in the saved timeline. They easily could have gotten different names to differentiate them from their future selves- remember, Lucina is the only one actually born during Awakening itself.

Camus had a VERY good reason for the name change in Gaiden.

Technically, Camus didn't even change his name, Rudolph game him the name Zeke because Camus couldn't remember a thing after getting rekt by Marth's peeps.

He eventually remembers and goes back to Archanea, his disguise is so Nyna doesn't recognize him, because he already has a lover. (Teeta)

Edited by L95

Its been years since I touched Gaiden, I really don't remember amnesia mentioned there.

Although when I played it I don't even remember people noticing that Zekke was supposed to be the same character as Camus (and I didn't even know that myself), so it has been a long time.

Edited by NeonZ

Its been years since I touched Gaiden, I really don't remember amnesia mentioned there.

Although when I played it I don't even remember people noticing that Zekke was supposed to be the same character as Camus (and I didn't even know that myself), so it has been a long time.

No one in Gaiden knows Zeke is Camus, "Camus" isn't an important dude over there.

http://serenesforest.net/gaiden/scripts/script-translation/

I doubt anyone cares about FE2 spoilers, but, spoilers. Camus' amnesia is mentioned a handful of times:

Endings:

Teeta

* (If Zeke is alive)

She lives on happily with Zeke, all the while praying that his memories shall never return.

Zeke

In the midst of a violent battle, his memories returned.

However, perhaps for the sake of Teeta, whom he had fallen in love with,

Or perhaps because his past overflowed with great tragedy,

There was much he never revealed…

Recruitment conversation

Zeke:

I cannot.

The only reason I helped you defeat Jerome was because he, along with Nuibaba and Guru, was causing great suffering to the people.

Besides… I have absolutely no idea who or what I am.

All I know is that I washed up on the shores of this country with a terrible wound, or so I’ve been told…

To that pitiful self of mine, His Majesty gave his warmest welcome, even bestowing upon me a name.

Indeed, His Majesty Rudolf has been just like a father to me.

I cannot possibly betray him.

Edited by L95

No one in Gaiden knows Zeke is Camus, "Camus" isn't an important dude over there.

I didn't mean the game characters, but the fandom in general. At the time I played Gaiden, I don't remember Camus being Zekke being something known by the western fans. At the very least, I didn't know about it and only learned about it fairly recently, comparatively.

I didn't mean the game characters, but the fandom in general. At the time I played Gaiden, I don't remember Camus being Zekke being something known by the western fans. At the very least, I didn't know about it and only learned about it fairly recently, comparatively.

His portrait is the exact same as Camus' in FE1. As in ripped straight from it - while it doesn't specifically ever say I believe, he did have amnesia and his ending talks about his memories returning. If you played it a while ago, it might have had the previous poor translation and with very little western fans that have played it. Edited by Tryhard

Luna seems to have the same personality Severa did at least. Anyway, the Nohr campaign isn't an "evil" campaign though and one of the Nohr exclusive characters even is a wannabe hero. They've just revealed too that Nohr is lacking in natural resources and needs fertile lands, while the initial trailer seemed to imply that Nohr was invading just for glory, so there's likely even more reasons behind this war that are still unknown.

Also re: their joining Nohr, Nohr is the analogue to the countries involved in Awakening, due to their European flavor. I'd expect more travel and trade with them, if they do exist in the same world, than with (isolationist?) Hoshido.

I keep seeing this argument, but A) just because it's done often doesn't mean it's good world building, and B) a lot of the examples in FE people cite are either characters who are literally the same person, like Camus, or characters whose resemblance to past characters isn't as exact and immediate as Luna.

Furthermore, if they're trying to appeal to Severa fans they're failing completely in my case. An expy doesn't appeal to me, it does the opposite. Especially when it's the same franchise, they own the rights to the character, and it would be so easy for Severa or her younger self to enter the events of this game.