Why Luna looks so much like Severa.

BlueLore

So yeah,I think I know why Luna looks so much like Severa,I dunno if someone else posted the same already.

I mean no one can deny the extreme similarities in appearance of the 2 and I'v read already about people speculating that Severa just changed her name to Luna for whatever reason.

However I doubt that Luna is the same Severa that we got in Awakening.

I mean first of all I think that no male character can have such a strong shade of red for his hair as Luna,not even the Avatar

feif-face-mc-luna.jpg

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/fireemblem/images/9/9f/Severa_avatar_hair.png/revision/latest?cb=20140510174451

But well,that might be just to avoid the whole "who is her father-thing" and because of Ifs artstyle.

So why does she look that much like Severa?Because they are still more or less the same person.

We should keep in mind that the Severa that we got,is the future Severa,but that means that a 2nd Severa is born eventually and I think that Luna is this 2nd Severa(which would also explain her low starting class).This would explain the different name too,as Severas endings suggest that she didn't return to her time,so it'd be odd for Cordelia to name her child Severa too.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope it is just a fan-service reference to her fans from the previous games. What better way to appease them by bringing the same character back in all but name?

Like the person who "played" Severa is now an actress, and now playing Luna. Two separate "movies" and "worlds," not connected aside from the meta-aspect that it is the same actress playing them, if that makes sense. (Rambo and Rocky are both played by the same guy, but exist in two totally different worlds that aren't connected, for instance) I mostly think this way due to references to "make awakening fans smile," as opposed to a direct reference to Awakening (i.e. majorly involved/very intricate back story that ties to Awakening, etc)

That is just wishful thinking though. It will be a little disappointing if there's some outrealm gate involved, personally. After all Paris/Priam appeared in Awakening..sigh.

Edited by Kirokan

We should keep in mind that the Severa that we got, is the future Severa, but that means that a 2nd Severa is born eventually and I think that Luna is this 2nd Severa (which would also explain her low starting class). This would explain the different name too, as Severa's endings suggest that she didn't return to her time, so it'd be odd for Cordelia to name her child Severa too.

I like this theory, but unfortunately, I don't think that's the case.

As Kirokan said, it's probably just a reference to Severa, and is tied to her in no real way. But I really do want it to be to Severa. I really do. Even if it's amnesia, outrealms, or any other explanation from Nintendo themselves to confirm it's Severa, I would take.

But I just don't see it happening :(

Since Severa doesn't appear until Cordelia gets married, so the 2nd Severa would have the same father and hair color. So it can't be the same person or a full sister.

They are similar enough to be half-sisters. But what man would Cordelia love who's not her husband... wait a minute. Wait a minute.

That hair colour is impossible for any child of Cordelia seen in Awakening. But who's somebody Cordelia couldn't marry in Awakening that she might want to?

Lucina

ci

Lu na

IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW

Edited by Baldrick

Somebody presented me with an interesting theory yesterday on Skype. (I think it was Marek.)

It seems possible that they're reusing designs for generally the most popular children characters. IIRC, there's also a character who looks similar to Inigo, right? All that's left is Owain.

Somebody presented me with an interesting theory yesterday on Skype. (I think it was Marek.)

It seems possible that they're reusing designs for generally the most popular children characters. IIRC, there's also a character who looks similar to Inigo, right? All that's left is Owain.

there's Odin.

I'm okay with Luna, and I feel fine with the Inigo lookalike (they're the best kids anyway), but I don't want this to go overboard.

I never believed for a second that this could be the same Severa we got in Awakening.

If there is any connection, it would likely be Cordelia's present daughter and not the one from the future.

If not that, then likely just a reference.

^ pretty much this, I think.

They're recycling the appearance of the popular kiddies, imo, but they're not the same people.

Where's Lucina?

Amiibo :B

oh yeah lol thanks

EDIT: OH MAYBE IT REALLY IS THE CHILDREN BUT JUST RENAMED, BECAUSE YOU CAN HAVE "THE" LUCINA JOIN YOU THROUGH AMIIBO

Edited by Carter

Maybe she looks like Severa because this game takes place after Awakening, and Luna read stories about her. Thus she decides to model her look after Severa's...like a hero worshipper :P

...reminds me of that "father of Sothe's children" joke in RD. If my guess is right, are they gonna reference that line again? : o

Edited by Tessie Spoon

I'm guessing these characters are going to be the same as Awakening in all but name, They will probably drop vague hints about not being from Nohr but not directly state they are from the world of Awakening. If they are the present time loop children from Awakening (and even if they aren't) I hope they at least have unique personalities from their Awakening counterparts. They grew up to have the personalities they do in Awakening because Grima was victorious. Them having the exact same personality quirks and insecurities would be lame.

I Think this is only a Fanservice, Awakening and if are in two different universe, and this is quite normal in FE series.

it's fair to note that Luna has the standart Hair color that you see in Severa character design, the same seyuu (voice actress) and same personality, it's in a level that its obvious its a reference.

I'm guessing these characters are going to be the same as Awakening in all but name, They will probably drop vague hints about not being from Nohr but not directly state they are from the world of Awakening. If they are the present time loop children from Awakening (and even if they aren't) I hope they at least have unique personalities from their Awakening counterparts. They grew up to have the personalities they do in Awakening because Grima was victorious. Them having the exact same personality quirks and insecurities would be lame.

I could still see Severa/Luna having a bit of her mother issues if it she is the main timeline Severa, growing up with a mother seen as perfect isn't going to change without Grima but it would probably be less pronounced with her mother not dying in the war after a huge fight. and hopefully showing Severa/Luna she still has flaws and raising her. But still i hope she is not exactly the same. Edited by goodperson707

Ye, the hair on his map sprite matches.

I don't mean is similar, it's like a perfect match.

OdinvsOwain_zpsebh2mocz.png

I noticed that the other day too. Notice that his name also starts with an "O", (well at least like his English name, ahaha). Plus, it's referencing a legendary Norse god, who was known for his weapon Gungnir! Owain loved naming his weapons.

I pray this character isn't a total dork. I think he'll be Leon's subordinate. The two shared the same base starting class, like Camilla and Belka.

Edited by Leif

I noticed that the other day too. Notice that his name also starts with an "O." Plus, it's referencing a legendary Norse god, who was known for his weapon Gungnir!

Except Owain's Japanese name was Eudes (uudo, ウード).

Still, Odin and Uudo sound somewhat similar? With the hard d sound, at least.

EDIT: Also, given all three speculated Awakening clones have their default hair colour and are all featured in the popularity poll, it's honestly kind of a given at this point (forgive me if this has already been said a million times). I think (and hope) they'll just be nods to their Awakening counterparts and hopefully can stand on their own two feet as characters rather than relying on their FEA gimmicks.

Edited by nordopolica

Except Owain's Japanese name was Eudes (uudo, ウード).

Still, Odin and Uudo sound somewhat similar? With the hard d sound, at least.

Yeah, I edited my post at the last minute to correct that, but you are right regarding the small similarity between Odin and "uudo".

Edited by Leif

I sound like a broken record as I keep saying this, but I think it's just a reference to Severa that'll get a nod or two and that'll be it. We've had plenty of characters in other FEs that are meant to invoke the memory of a character from a previous FE (ie: Cordelia for Catria, half the cast of FE7 for characters from FE4, etc.)