Thousand Names Mafia Day 4

Randa

It's 6 v 1 so we have 3 mislynches. Excellen --> Shin --> Yolo in that order imo.

There's 2 mislynches then LyLo, totes scumslip dude

I agree with Excellen but why Shin over Yolo? Shin was the wagon that fell down from the sky out of nowhere and Gaius jumped on no questions asked.

I'll reread eventually too lazy to do it now. Also want to see Excellen and Shin posting actual things before I say much anyways.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I guess once again all you'd do is lynch someone and gain zero info outside of their flip.

"This guys been inactive all game ahmahgawd"

Lynch inactive

"Oh he was town, what info do we get from that?"

"Nothing he didn't say anything"

"WHOOPDIE FUCKING DOO HOWDIE DOO DA DAY WE GOT EM GUYS. Pack up and head home!"

im glad you understand

but really tho. i didnt lynch for activity but if yu want to act otherwise then enjoy the salt. this is ignoring that there was more than enough information with which to read people. you might understand this had you read the game

speakin of reading i started a reread during the night ima finish tomorrow. im out all day today

There's 2 mislynches then LyLo, totes scumslip dude

I agree with Excellen but why Shin over Yolo? Shin was the wagon that fell down from the sky out of nowhere and Gaius jumped on no questions asked.

I'll reread eventually too lazy to do it now. Also want to see Excellen and Shin posting actual things before I say much anyways.

;/ You know what I mean.

I thought Gaius voted Shinori whoops. Shows how much attention I'm paying to this game. Put Eury instead of Shin and push Yolo ahead of her then.

(I have work in about 30 minutes so I'll only have enough time to post this up and will not be able to post again 'til after work!)

I didn't make a counter wagon to gaius(or shinori), at worst I made a counter wagon to myself.

Second, you're much better off checking prims' opinions than gaius' because scum love to shoot people they're scared of. I guess the same point could be made about bossanova but w/e

Thirdly, eurykins' post is obvscum but it will have to wait till tomorrow because now is sleeping time.

##Vote: Eurykins

"Or Shinori"? I don't think anyone here actually said that you opted to make a counter wagon for Shinori? (I don't know if I missed a post that asserted that notion, so if I did, I stand corrected in this notion.)

Except that's also one of the most predictable means of conducting night kills, as well as attempting to flesh out townies for mislynches, Excellen. (What better way to make someone look bad than to remove someone that may have had strong cases against them in the prior day phase(s) and possibly was being town-read by most of the player base?) Secondly, re-reading through Prim's ISO, I actually don't see/feel as though he had any 'terrifyingly' strong cases in terms of being full-blown threats to someone in particular? Honestly, his death reads as a pretty easy, clean scum kill, in the sense that his role had been proven and he was also was of the more active townies (so logically OK to kill on that basis alone, as opposed to it being for case/personal reasons).

Would love to hear the logic behind the underlined.

Honestly Shinori you probably could have voted your persuade target D2, noone would have blamed you for it if you claim persuaded. :E

@Yolo: There's usually some kind of cop variant (whether it's 1 use, rolecop etc) but it's also a fairly common scum fakeclaim. I'm willing to trust it though because I don't think Shinori is faking this rage.

@Excellen: Nice try we're not lynching Shin (yet).

I think he mentioned Prims quickly vote-swapping or something last minute when Shinori wasn't able to also changed his vote late D2? Secondly, he DID claim persuaded D2, so there's that as well.

Also, what was the Excellen comment towards (since Excellen, in his last post, more kinda noted ME as being "obvscum" and voted me for it???).

im glad you understand

but really tho. i didnt lynch for activity but if yu want to act otherwise then enjoy the salt. this is ignoring that there was more than enough information with which to read people. you might understand this had you read the game

speakin of reading i started a reread during the night ima finish tomorrow. im out all day today

Except you sorta did based on the post with your actual vote near the end of last day phase. Whether you also had cases BEFOREHAND doesn't nullify the fact that your basis of voting/post was based around telling us to remove the INACTIVE slots at that point/time.

;/ You know what I mean.

I thought Gaius voted Shinori whoops. Shows how much attention I'm paying to this game. Put Eury instead of Shin and push Yolo ahead of her then.

So does that put your priority at "Excellen > Yolo > Eury"? Also not sure how the Gaius voting/not voting Shinori affects the priority as a whole? (I might've missed something in your last post, but idk. Will check through things after work today.)

Well, Rage!Shinori is still a thing. I still take issue with his play, but in the context of things they're probably not as bad as I thought they were. The Yolo/Shinori debate looks fairly townish tbh, neither of them have particularly strong reasons to go after each other but the interactions would be fairly detrimental as scum.

##Vote: Excellen

There's only so long I can not vote someone because they're not playing well. Looking back, he's managed to blag supporting both the Snike and LG lynches, although he's always made it sound like he'd rather vote someone else instead. Apparently a coinflip is all that separated Rapier and Snike, and the retrospective "yeah, I thought Snike looked bad" after he got lynched was a pretty stinky cover-up.

I also love his fear-mongering on me, as well as stating a fairly faulty read as if it were fact. His "I'd rather Shin than Gaius but Gaius is better than nothing" looks a lot like a scum defense, hoping to try and change people's minds but still trying to look like he's supporting the lynch. The OMGUS on Eury was pretty cute too.

kirsche and Eury seem pretty town, I haven't really taken much issue with either of them. I'm still struggling to see Vhaltz as scum, his interactions with the other two don't make sense as scum.

tldr: Excellen avoided committing to either scum lynch whilst halfhearted supporting them either shortly before or after they got lynched.

Regarding the N2 kill, I guess it made sense. The only other candidate who would have made sense was kirsche. Nobody else was particularly clear during N2. I'm somewhat tempted to believe Shinori's claim, I've seen inactive town cops forget to submit actions and annoy their successor to the nth degree.

Honestly Shinori you probably could have voted your persuade target D2, noone would have blamed you for it if you claim persuaded. :E

@Yolo: There's usually some kind of cop variant (whether it's 1 use, rolecop etc) but it's also a fairly common scum fakeclaim. I'm willing to trust it though because I don't think Shinori is faking this rage.

@Excellen: Nice try we're not lynching Shin (yet).

My literal persuade was to vote the same target as Prims at the end of the day.

Prims swapped votes near the end of the day and I wasn't around.

I'm assuming Shinori is town atm since they crumbed D2 and nobody CC'd or claimed to have a similar role. Scum had both a redirector and a commuter which would be a bit overkill for just Prims' role so a cop makes sense.

Prims also backed up Shinori when he claimed how the persuader-or-get-blocked role worked so I'm also assuming that Shinori getting rb'd is legit.

I've yet to stop being lazy and reread, but scum is most likely within Excellen/Yolo because Shin and Eury have good interactions with flipped scum (Shin helped my Snike vote become a wagon, was opportunistically voted by Gaius late D2, Eury was voted by Gaius ED2 and voted Gaius at a critical 3/3/2 juncture between Shin, Gaius and Excellen). Excellen is probably it but I want to check stuff before going turbowagons ahoy.

Yolo also has good interactions with flipped scum but his engagement with the game is noticeably less active than Shin's/Eury's, which is why if there's somebody bussing it's probably them.

Still most likely Excellen and I'm probably worrying over nothing and dragging out the game unnecessarily.

Hmmmm. I do feel like Shinori could be scum based on post content though, there's nothing he's done or said that he couldn't do as either alignment (specially the rage). If there's another info role out there who's questioning whether or not they could coexist as town in the same setup as Shinori's cop claim they should probably just investigate Shinori tonight.

He's more likely to be town based on role shenanigans like the cop claim and the Prims rb. Prims claimed the persuader rb as "he has to follow my vote today or something bad happens" and the only scenario where he wouldn't get rb'd for voting a different target at deadline would be if he was forced to vote Prims' vote target in his next post? but then he'd be rb'd anyway for not voting himself at the beginning of the phase.

I'm not willing to lynch him today, just don't auto-clear and be wary if Shinori somehow makes it alive to LyLo, shrug.

There's not much to be said wrt Snike -> Excellen and Paper -> Excellen interactions, they pretty much just both agreed that Excellen seemed town for the same inane reasons. Paper doesn't even mention Rose but Gaius defends them as overwhelmed town, as well as defends Excellen for stuff. It's hard to tell if they're both white-knights on town or if there's vested interest in one of them.

Rereading more I just noticed that Excellen defended Paperblade pretty heavily from the single vote from Via though, and also from kirsche's very brief suspicion of "paper should've been around". Excellen's defense of Paper also turns into chainsaw defense in their FOS on Via in #281 so at this point it's quite a lot of stuff to just dismiss as circumstantial evidence. If Excellen is somehow town then they're both incredibly unlucky with their interactions with scum this game and very timely in their inactivity periods.

(btw shoutout to Via for being right about scum, just noticed)

Snike -> Yolo interactions are almost nonexistent.

Paper -> Yolo interactions boil down to "man I don't want to read Yolo his posts give me eye cancer" which doesn't feel much like a scum interaction.

Yolo I noticed you voted me, and inactivity does suck, not much I could do about it unfortunately. Any reason you voted me/my slot over Rose or Mancer/Eury, who I know you FoSed, but you never really gave reason for picking me over the other two, who from your perspective are just as likely to be inactive scum coasting unless you give a reason for voting me.

This also doesn't feel like a response to a bus? Might be confirmation bias though, would still consider Yolo over kirsche/eury/shin if Excellen isn't scum.

Tired of rereading now, Excellen should claim.

tl;dr with less disjointed thoughts

Shinori is more likely to be town on role stuff but don't clear him just in case.

Flipped scum's interactions with Yolo are extremely uninteresting

On top of not voting Snike twice when having the opportunity to do so and being defended by Gaius, Excellen defended Paper pretty hard for no reason, and turned the dislike of the Paper case into an FOS on Via with pretty much no other reasons behind it which is the definition of chainsaw defense. Excellen should claim.

waddup niggaz. my bad for slacking hardbody. i overestimated how much time id hav for this game and been blindsided by things irl i couldnt foresee. also if any1 reads shit in this post that seems disparaging its all in the spirit of the game and trying to find scum. im saying that cuz theres been some saltiness/cattiness and i dont want to get involved in that. its a forum game for fucks sake. anyways reads are

vhaltz as town for starting the snike wagon and being his counterwagon. papers/gaius defense of him read as "im a lazy scum whos gonna whiteknight 4 ez points lol" and helping push through the gaius wagon yesterday when it looked like someone else (i forget who) almost was going to get lynched instead

kirsche as town for flopping from vhaltz to snike d1 after really going after vhaltz. he was putting in good legwork towards vhaltz and i think that if he was scum hed be likelier to CONTINUE that line of questioning before switching to snike so easily. also just the way he goes after people resonates stronger with me as a tunneling townie in general

shin i THINK is town. he was early on the snike wagon and gaius tried to lynch him yesterday without much subtlety. the only doubt i have is that his switch from vhaltz to snike was pretty fast but it differs from kirsches in my mind cuz his vhaltz push didnt have as much bite as as kirsches. i could see it as a possible bus and gaius switch to him was so blatantly bad that im not ruling out a hail mary "let me try to bus my buddy to ride to endgame" play on his part. i think its likelier that hes jus town tho

past that is where it gets difficult

i dont like the mancer/eury slot at all. this post is whack as hell to me considering his flimsy townread on shin here. it reminds me of the weakass and PREMATURE townreads paper and snike threw out due to their knowledge of peoples alignments. and if shins self vote is his meta then why is it a towntell (i dont even believe in these but ill use it for the sake of argument) to play to that? doesnt make sense. further here he backtracks and says that shins two posts are inconclusive with regards to his alignment. then why even throw out a townread? im confused by mancers play thus far and he strikes me as scum having a difficult time maintaining a consistent stance on someone else.

eury enters the game and her first post with meaning is here. i actually like her comments on paper here but the excellen/boss ones are pretty whack. why are you typing all those words jus to say youre unhappy with the boss vig shot? does it make him scum? does it make him town? excellens attacks on shin/rapier are "distasteful" and "arrogant" but why does that make her likely scum? theres a serious lack of substance in this analysis in a "scum dazzling town with a lot of nothing" kind of way. thats not even mentioning pointless analysis on the snike lynch or via getting shot. also her comment on excellen choosing a kirsche vote over snike is "Excellen chose to vote Kirsche over Snike just because "a Snike lynch seems to be mostlikely today", it has a heavier vibe that moreso feels like redirecting attempts away from a Snike lynch on D1" but thats whack. excellens plan as scum is to ACKNOWLEDGE that her partner is probably getting lynched but then blatantly vote someone else anyway? there is a serious lack of foresight on excellens part in this scenario to the point where its a reach to think that its likely shed do it. shes knowingly setting herself up to catch flak in this scenario and eury casually gravitating to it as being likely is gross. we get a nice fencesit on my slot. something else i dislike about this post is her comments about how vhaltz isnt guaranteed clear off of snikes flip. who cares? whos saying that vhaltz is 100% town to begin with? i think it was obvious as hell that vhaltz was unaligned with snike and saying otherwise is just trite remarks for the sake of faking town caution

heres the next post by eury and she is REALLY GOOD at making long paragraphs that are inconclusive like her analysis of rose. its like why even make these kinds of posts outside of jus faking content hardbody? this post where she suggests a vhaltz/shin/snike team is wild as hell. like...come on 2 of those slots are my strongest townreads and my stomach turns at the idea of vhaltz being seriously considered a scum candidate over other people given his play and snikes flip thus far

d3 starts and the first wall comes here and i get shat on for chasing inactives when that wasnt the case. i dont like these spinjobs from her and shinori. its lazy and ignoring the actual meat of why i voted the way i did. she continues to hav vhaltz in her lynch pool which is jus whack beyond belief

excellens first posts really hit me as a fairly green player (no offense intended here) due to her justifying some of her play with some mafia guide or something while being assertive. the tone alone from her first few posts read as a newer player trying to establish themselves in thread in a manner that i think is likelier from town than scum. scum would likelier shy away from that attitude imo. i have to put this here cuz excellen is a read i can see going either way cuz past that i see things i like and dislike. here are some townreads that she throws out quickly and the whole "no one is scummy" comment seems...so fast. the main thing i dont get is why if mine kirsches or mancers points on vhaltz are uncalled for why she doesnt vote or question any of us on them to ensure a more solid conclusion on our slots. town having difficulty finding something to latch onto or awkward scum not wanting to get their hands dirty? past this excellen quiets down til here which is a total turnaround from her previous big post discussing players. she expresses dislike in kirsche/mancer and foses rapier/snike. this is A LOT of people to shit on for scum and is showing shes not taking the easy way out while progressing towards her reads like paper/snike did. only thing that worries me about this post is the vote for rapier as opposed to snike but in the grand scheme of things i gotta say this post doesnt fit well with good scum strategy and thus is likelier to come from town. that pattern continues here with several foses here. a succinct way of putting this is that excellen is burning too many bridges and depriving herself of getting in good with the town that id expect from scum

her d2 starts off fielding questions from kirsche/prims about why she voted snike or whoever d1. meh. i REALLY like this post and her comments on eury which is "Eurykins rehashes what other people have said and serves it as her own suspicions." which is a perfect summations of eurys play. shin votes weird but she makes up for it with a shinori vote 2 posts later

d3 starts and she votes eury. swag

the rose/shinori slot i cant stand. this is an obvscum post to me and i want to lynch the slot jus looking at it. a townread and a "i dunno whats goin on" comment about everyone else in the game. i have no idea how this guy got the benefit of the doubt from the majority of the thread nor the "lets throw out soft townreads early in the game that are jus as likely to flop later on" pattern thats going on in this game. then shinori replaces in and refuses to read the game. holy fuck. it takes him til halfway thru d2 here to drop a vote on shin and part of the reasoning is "his vote on me is bad" ugh. so self involved. and the other reasoning is analysis on shins role. this pretty much removes him of accountability of shin is town cuz of trying to outguess the setup which is a very safe play for scum to make yet poor from a town player. shinori votes me here and explains more here. theres a pattern. both of shinoris votes thus far (and it took a longass time for him to even drop 1) revolve around niggas whove been voting him or wanting him to die and its gross. also the fact that he starts by responding "this isnt contribution" when i was obviously being sarcastic is jus weak. he then proceeds to mock me and try to make it sound like i jus want to lynch inactives and ignores my actual reasoning for voting gaius. the ONLY thing that has me doubting this slot being the final scum is the cop claim when i expect there to be at least 1 investigative role for the town

next ima say that im sick of getting shat on this game for whack reasons. the most ive seen is "he wants to lynch inactives" and "he doesnt give a fuck" and guess who tried to use those arguments to shit on me? paper and gaius. i feel like ive jus been slowly gettin set up d2 due to my lack of effort but its not actually scummy on my part. i jus chose to focus on those i thought were scum instead of lame townreads or obnoxious walls like a certain scumteam has. eury actually using a similar argument as those 2 against me and expecting it to fly baffles the shit out of me

i really think eurys jus scum hatin on me/vhaltz in preparation for mislynches shes gonna need to ride this game out. shinoris slot has nothing redeeming outside of a claim. excellen started off green townie to me to questionable back to pretty logical plus shes voting eury so im actually coming around to her being a town lean but if im wrong anywhere its probably here. we should lynch eury doe

##vote eurykins

That's a massive post, yolo, the lack of caps hurts, bro. I might need a little time to read the Eury case, I'm finding it really difficult to read. I would like to say that bad play can still come from scum, I would be reluctant to clear Excellen on that alone. As for their Eury vote, other than you also wanting to vote Eury, do you actually see any logic behind it?

Not so sure on your Shinori case but I guess it's not inherently bad? I don't think it's entirely fair to case Shinori for Rose's performance, especially considering how inactive they were but otherwise whilst I'm not scumreading Shinori, I can kinda appreciate where it's coming from.

Hmmmm, okay the Eury case there is better than I expected, there's potential scum intent her last post this D3 and fluff in her earlier posts. I'm not really willing to lynch Eury today though, sorry. Her position on the Gaius wagon makes her way more likely town, she didn't seem to acknowledge that I drove the Gaius wagon and made it happen at the last minute (which I found kind of weird) but paranoia wrt me is also somewhat understandable coming from her since I bussed the crap out of her in Healer mafia D1 for seemingly no good reason. So there's a reasonable explanation for those stances to come from town.

As it stands I feel like Excellen has more damning interactions with the scumteam to the point where it's very unlikely that they're town, and they aren't really bothering to come back into the game and explain their Eury vote (+36h ago) or even claim (+18h ago) so yeah. I'm fine with the last vote being set for hammer and ending the phase.

Shinori should definitely cop Eury over Yolo if the Excellen lynch doesn't end the game, idk what their beef with Yolo is considering that both Prims and I were willing to see him lynched by D2 phase end if he didn't do shit, but Yolo's recent content is good and I don't see any reason why scum!yolo would want to drive a counterwagon to excellen with so much effort and so many WORDS if they were the last scum alive.

Votals.

Excellen (4): Kirsche, Eurykins, Shin, Vhaltz

Eurykins (2): Excellen, Yolo

Yolo (1): Shinori

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch at deadline and 5 to hammer.

There are 22.5 hours remaining in the phase.

Not unimportant note, there's a bunch of reasons I didn't post during this phase.

1. Eurykins is obvscum. And if Eurykins isn't then Vhaltz is

2. Eurykins is consistently, undeniably obvscum, yet I'm the one being lynched because two people are being a little bitch about me voting them and due to bad luck

3. Some people have been calling me an arrogant and I am done with their shit

Shin, you've been a shit player this entire game.

Kevin, your tunneling was disgusting and the only town play you've made this game was voting Snike on D1.

Eurykins is obvscum and should stop calling me an arrogant asshole constantly (this is me paraphrasing you).

Vhaltz, you've been going on about lynching me because you "can't read me" since D2

YOLOSWAG, keep going bro.

Phas end shut up.

Votals.

Excellen (4): Kirsche, Eurykins, Shin, Vhaltz

Eurykins (2): Excellen, Yolo

Yolo (1): Shinori

Excellen has been lynched and if he wasn't lynched he would've been modkilled for violating rule number 3.

Dead Excellen you are Morgen Kaanos, a Vordani vanilla

It is now night 3 phase ends in 24 hours.

Sorry for the delay I've been annoyingly preoccupied.

Anyways Shinori died.

Dear Shinori you are Henry Stoke Vordani cop.

It is now day 4, 72 hours in the phase. With five alive it takes 3 to lynch at deadline and 4 to hammer.

Ugh. If only he hadn't just blatantly claimed last day phase. RIP Shinori.

> The only thing I'll say about the flip/Excellen lynch is that the response from the player slot was that I wish he actually put out more thoughts/cases (and/or bothered to respond to half of the points/cases that were directed at him towards the past few day phases that he never really took any notice to?) before he died, given his town flip.

Btw, since I seem to appear in second consideration behind Excellen last day phase (I'm not even quite sure why- care to tl;dr the cases/notions? Because I had a lot of trouble following/understanding much of YOLO's post earlier, which I'm assuming held a case on me within it.), so I'll just put this out (since me claiming at this point really isn't going to hurt/do anything bad for town-side):

I'm Janus bet Valnich and I am a Hated Governor (So don't go piling on the votes, kthx). I was notified that someone (in this case, Via) had knowledge of my flavor/character name and that they were out to kill me, but had no knowledge of anything else about me.

<If all else fails, I CAN (and will) prove my role by like, forcing us to NO lynch today, but that's up to you guys. Otherwise, I'm just kinda not caring much about my role at this point, but also not wanting to watch you guys mislynch me for little to no reason.>

(This is why I was pretty open about why we were even considering keeping Via alive, because I had little interest in being Via's "freebie win card".)

I'll be back in a bit- need to do some re-reading and such.

Excellen, just a tip. Mafia can be a frustrating game, but you'd benefit a lot from trying to keep calm and play the game methodically. Routinely insulting people instead of reading/responding to things rarely goes well.

Eury's claim makes sense with regards to my role PM. All I knew was that there was an assassin after "Janus". I'd like to think that it's a town role, but I can't say that 100%. I'm actually pretty stumped, scum is probably between kirsche and yolo, but I'm not exactly feeling super bad about either of them. I'm going to need a re-read to sort these things out.