"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No plot spoilers. General question about supports/marriage/children.

So, playing as the female avatar, one lady will be left to die alone and unloved. I want to attain all the child characters, of course, and I'm wondering who the walliflower should be. I hate Mozume's design, so I was going to go with her, but seeing as she apparently passes down aptitude, that's out of the water. And I HATE Azura, but I love Shigure. So I've reached an impasse. Any advice?

I don't have the game, but I'm leaving Rinkah loveless because her stats are just weird, (highest personal growth is SKL and it's 50, but she has a -2 modifier there, she uses STR but has a -1 modifier and a low growth for it..) and the fact how her profile says that she doesn't care about interacting with her comrades more than she needs to.

If you want to leave Mozume out, though, you could buy Aptitude from other people's units online.

Edited by Pokechu

What is the "Foreign Army" mentioned in the description for Foreign Princess? Second, the descriptions for weapons that say that they boost the stats of enemies within a 2 tile radius... That's a typo, right?

What is the "Foreign Army" mentioned in the description for Foreign Princess? Second, the descriptions for weapons that say that they boost the stats of enemies within a 2 tile radius... That's a typo, right?

1) Foreign Army just means the opposite of the army you stand for. Hoshido if you are Nohr, Nohr if you are Hoshido.

2) It isn't a typo. Some weapons literally just make every opponent around you stronger in exchange for being really strong Mt and Acc wise. They go into the "nuke" category and the sub category of "Only if one enemy is left."

EDIT: Looking it up again, it's only Xander's Guiding Lance. It's like a more accurate Silver Lance with a few stat upsides and the anthem effect for enemies. Yeah.... it's pretty much a worse Silver Lance overall.

Edited by Psyruby

1) Foreign Army just means the opposite of the army you stand for. Hoshido if you are Nohr, Nohr if you are Hoshido.

2) It isn't a typo. Some weapons literally just make every opponent around you stronger in exchange for being really strong Mt and Acc wise. They go into the "nuke" category and the sub category of "Only if one enemy is left."

EDIT: Looking it up again, it's only Xander's Guiding Lance. It's like a more accurate Silver Lance with a few stat upsides and the anthem effect for enemies. Yeah.... it's pretty much a worse Silver Lance overall.

1) Okay then.

2) Boost Thunder is another weapon with that property.

1) Okay then.

2) Boost Thunder is another weapon with that property.

Drat. I knew there was something I forgot. Well... Boost Thunder can be cheated unlike Xander's guiding lance. You could technically use it on something with Defensive Formation.(Still kind of a bad idea.), but it's something.

Some weapons just kinda suck or are outclassed in this game.

EXAMPLE: The Quick Draw Katana sort of outclasses both Iron and Brigand Katana.

QDK: 6 Mt, 80 Acc, +5 Speed, -1 Def/Res

BK: 5 Mt, 85 Acc, +1 Speed, -1 Def/Res, +3 AT

IronK:6 Mt, 90 Acc, +1 Speed, -1 Def/Res

Like, let's face it, everyone would trade 10 Acc for 4 more speed.

Edited by Psyruby

Y2nsABu.png

v5pKCSx.png

Generated from FE: If Text Simulator.

Black hair AND Dark Mage inheritance? It's like Nyx is meant to mother Syalla! Thank you so much! She looks beautiful! well not Matoi-level beauty, but her hair color is perfect

Lilith caps at 99, but you can keep feeding her after that, and she'll keep having "level ups". She'll cap all her stats as much as 30 levels earlier, though.

I see.Thanks.I was worried about not being able to cap her stats.

so uhh.

the staff~ staff~ thing

...The what?

From what I gather, some GameFAQs posters used "give Sakura the staff~ staff~" as a sexual metaphor, telling posters you can S Support her. It started a fight. You can S Support Sakura, but

she isn't really your sister.

BTW, not that anyone cares for right now, but if people are actually smart enough to search this thread looking for an answer to their question, I'd figure I would post the answer to my Weapon Triangle Advantage question.

Q: What does S Rank Weapon Triangle Advantage?

A: +2 Atk, +20 Hit for you, -2 Atk, -20 Hit for the enemy

so uhh.

the staff~ staff~ thing

Long story short, it's a Japanese pun. Sort of.

Famitsu 2015-06-18, page 116:

周囲2マス内にいる味方が受けるダメージを2減らしてくれる固有スキルもつえーつえー。

​Honestly, I have no idea what that means, as is the case with most net slangs. Maybe some online search can enlighten anyone?

I think it means strong or powerful, or in this context, being kind of useful. つよい ≫ つよええ ≫ つえー

Since "つえ" also means staff, they ended up with the translation that you guys are familiar with.

Edited by nocturnal YL