"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weirdly-specific question, but... hmm, how do I word this...

Is there any point, in any of the three routes, during which...

• Lancers (not Spear Fighters; Lancers) are still appearing as enemies, and...
  • You have either Orochi and/or Niles in your party, and therefore access to Capture

I ask because if possible I want to capture a Lancer and recruit them into my party.

I'm fully aware that Lancers are probably basically "Spear Fighters But Worse" in every way, but still, it's something I'd like to do.

Also, how are secondary classes for Captured generics (and bosses, for that matter) determined?

Edited by Topaz Light

So i wanna ask this cause i'm still confused:
I know already if i'll buy 3 digital versions i still have bonuses but what about discounts? I'm getting discount while buying other paths in game or i'm getting discount after completing the path? (i've heard it somewhere as well) :s

So i wanna ask this cause i'm still confused:
I know already if i'll buy 3 digital versions i still have bonuses but what about discounts? I'm getting discount while buying other paths in game or i'm getting discount after completing the path? (i've heard it somewhere as well) :s

You do not need to complete the first path you chose to get the discounts on the other two.

You get the discounts on the other two paths automatically whether you go Physical + Digital + Digital or Digital + Digital + Digital

Regardless of whether you buy a physical version or the digital version, so long as you buy the second route digitally you will get the discount, the two dread fighter scrolls, the all stats +1 item and the boots. If you then download the third route, you once again get the discount, two dark falcon scrolls, another all stats +1 item and another boots.

You only get the bonus items and discount if you buy the other routes digitally.

You get all the items automatically if you have the special edition.

There is no way to buy the individual routes though the eshop. If you get the digital version, you play to chapter 6 and then choose the route you want to play. You then get locked into that route until you purchase the other route(s).

Whether you have the digital or physical copy, you can buy the other routes through the chapter 6 decision point by selecting that route.

eg. If I have the Conquest path and I decide I want to buy Birthright, I can start a new file and choose Birthright at the chapter 6 decision point. It will then ask you if you ant to purchase that route.

There is no benefit from choosing to go Physical + Digital + Digital over Digital + Digital + Digital other than you save a bit of memory on your SD card if you choose to buy a physical version.

You do not need to complete the first path you chose to get the discounts on the other two.

You get the discounts on the other two paths automatically whether you go Physical + Digital + Digital or Digital + Digital + Digital

Someone said that i need complete the route, it confused me, thanks~~

Someone said that i need complete the route, it confused me, thanks~~

Your welcome

Do the supports in Birthright/Nohr stay the same for Revelations or are some supports changed in Revelations. If so, which ones?

All supports stay the same except Avatar x Azura, as they have different supports in each route.

Does anyone have the list of weapons that are dropped or available in the Duelist Museum (weapons DLC)?

Also, I've heard the Battle of the Strongest Royal DLC is a little difficult (particularly grabbing the Dark Falcon Wing), does anyone have any suggestions for getting thd Dark Falcon Wing and Dread Scroll easily (especially in Lunatic)?

You can capture nohr lancers on the hoshido route.

Captured units don't have secondary classes.

Ahh, excellent. Thanks for answering!

But really? Not even a randomly-selected one? That's a little bit disappointing.

By the way, are capture-recruited enemies able to use the other class-changing items? That is, the ones that you use to access the various "extra" classes, like Dread Fighter or Dark Falcon, the DLC classes, the amiibo characters' personal classes, etc.?

Also, on a different note, how many blocks do all three routes put together take up? I'm looking to go digital + digital + digital and I want to know if I'll have enough room on my SD card.

Edited by Topaz Light

Ahh, excellent. Thanks for answering!

But really? Not even a randomly-selected one? That's a little bit disappointing.

By the way, are capture-recruited enemies able to use the other class-changing items? That is, the ones that you use to access the various "extra" classes, like Dread Fighter or Dark Falcon, the DLC classes, the amiibo characters' personal classes, etc.?

Yes, Captured units can use special class items to change class, and from then on, they can use a Parallel Seal to switch between their base class set and the new class.

Yes, Captured units can use special class items to change class, and from then on, they can use a Parallel Seal to switch between their base class set and the new class.

Nice! Thanks for answering!

I've always had a weird affinity for the Soldier class (which Lancer seems to be a renaming of), so I'm glad to know that they're technically recruitable and can be made at least somewhat usable.

Nice! Thanks for answering!

I've always had a weird affinity for the Soldier class (which Lancer seems to be a renaming of), so I'm glad to know that they're technically recruitable and can be made at least somewhat usable.

You'll be glad to know that ones in high-level Map Encounters sometimes spawn with Defensive Formation, Lancefaire, or Underdog, then. They are actually somewhat usable, but they are definitely worse than Holy Lancers, having lower max stats, lower growths, a B-Rank lance cap, unpremoted-tier class base stats, and no Crit bonus.

Also, I've heard the Battle of the Strongest Royal DLC is a little difficult (particularly grabbing the Dark Falcon Wing), does anyone have any suggestions for getting thd Dark Falcon Wing and Dread Scroll easily (especially in Lunatic)?

When you buy two paths, you automatically start with two Dread Scrolls, and you get two Dark Wings when you purchase all three.

If you need more, then BftSR actually isn't too difficult. You're given pre-leveled units, so once you have a solid strategy you can use it over and over if you replay the chapter. I recommend choosing Ryoma or Takumi as your Royal and avoiding Hinoka, but that's just preference.

When you buy two paths, you automatically start with two Dread Scrolls, and you get two Dark Wings when you purchase all three.

Something I have been wondering about: does the LE count as owning all three routes? That is, will I start off with two Dread Scrolls and two Dark Wings?

If you need more, then BftSR actually isn't too difficult. You're given pre-leveled units, so once you have a solid strategy you can use it over and over if you replay the chapter. I recommend choosing Ryoma or Takumi as your Royal and avoiding Hinoka, but that's just preference.

Okay, thanks. But what royal should I use to get the Dark Wings item in the BftSR?

And what about the weapons DLC? Can you get weapons like Explosive Shurikens and Killer Shurkiens there as well as staves like Misfortune and Sin and Vanished Disaster? Because I'm planning to forge a lot of these shurikens and I've heard the forging mechanic is much different and harder to do.

Okay, thanks. But what royal should I use to get the Dark Wings item in the BftSR?

And what about the weapons DLC? Can you get weapons like Explosive Shurikens and Killer Shurkiens there as well as staves like Misfortune and Sin and Vanished Disaster? Because I'm planning to forge a lot of these shurikens and I've heard the forging mechanic is much different and harder to do.

Most royal teams have flyers, an archer, and at least someone with massive RES, so I prefer to choose physically oriented teams like Elise, Xander, Sakura, Takumi or Ryoma and avoiding magical or fying teams like Leo, Camilla, and Hinoka. You can always experiment, but I find Camilla's team gets destroyed by Takumi's and Leo's stuck with two paper maché retainers.

You can get nearly any weapon aside from the S-Ranks, amiibo weapons, MC weapons and prf weapons. If you're curious about how many shurikens you'll need for Forging, well (I posted this in the Forging thread):

To forge a weapon, you need two of that weapon, and a number of gems. Each rank adds 2 MT and usually 3-5 HIT.

Getting a weapon to +1 requires two of the weapon, but you'll need two +1 weapons for a +2 (or four base weapons) and so on. So the formula for the amount of weapons you'll need is simply:

2^(weapon forge level)

So to get a weapn to +7, you'll need 128 copies of that weapon. Needless to say, you'll only ever see forge levels this high on enemies in Encounters. For example, if you wanted to buy Bronze Swords to forge to +7, you're still paying 64 000 G. Most of the time I can only manage to get a weapon to +3 (eight copies, 11 gems).

Gems are spent in fusion. Fusing two weapons costs one gem, but bulk fusing weapons costs significantly more. For example:

If you have eight Axes:

Axe × Axe = Axe+1 (1 gem)

Axe+1 × Axe+1 = Axe+2 (2 gems)

Axe+1 × Axe+1 = Axe+2 (2 gems)

Axe+2 × Axe+2 = Axe+3 (3 gems)

...so the cost is eleven gems. Alternately, you can put all eight Axes in one place and bulk fuse them, for the equivalent amount of gems:

Axe × 7(Axe) = Axe+3 (11 gems)

After +4, the game stops adding +2 Mt per rank and starts adding +1. The increase per rank is dependent on the weapon, generally, but usually the crit boosts per rank become much higher after +4 while the might boosts plateau.

The formula for gem cost is:

(x is equal to number of weapons used)

(X/2)+2(x/4)+3(x/8)+4(x/16)...etc, unitl the a value in a(x/[2^a]) is equal to the desired weapon rank.

For example, to fuse eight weapons together to make a +3:

(8/2) + 2 (8/4) + 3 (8/8)

= 4 + 4 + 3

= 11 gems

And to fuse to +5:

(32/2) + 2 (32/4) + 3 (32/8) + 4 (32/16) + 5 (32/32)

= 16 + 16 + 12 + 8 + 5

= 57 gems

Therefore to fuse to +7 it would take:

(128/2) + 2 (128/4) + 3 (128/8) + 4 (128/16) + 5 (128/32) + 6 (128/64) + 7 (128/128)

=64 + 64 + 48 + 32 + 20 + 12 + 7

=247 gems

Now here's the real kicker: you can only hold up to 99 of each gem type at a time. That means that to forge to +7 you'd have to fuse 64 weapons, go get more gems, fuse another 64 weapons, go get more gems, and repeat. Not fun.

Gems are acquired by your Mine at your My Castle, but that means you only produce one gem type. To get more, you have to visit other My Castles or land on event tiles.

Okay, so a Dark Prince Corrin can use tomes. But, if I had Dark Mage/Sorcerer as an alternate class, would the rank I had with tomes while being on my secondary class will carry over on the Dark Prince promotion?

To a point. Dark Blood has a lower maximum tome rank than Sorcerer does. If you reach S Tomes as Sorcerer and then reclass to Dark Blood, you'll be reduced to Dark Blood's cap (B Tomes) but would regain S on reclassing to Sorcerer again.

So: the WExp stays, but you're still stuck with the cap of whichever class you're in.

@Dollysama Thank you for answering my question

How do you get the items that teach skills like Proximity Shot and Paragon? Are they even attainable?

How do the WEXP growth compare to Awakening's? Sometimes I feel like it's still a bit slow for my taste with Discipline. I'm OCD about having my units max their weapon ranks in all of their attainable classes so I'm trying to see if this is worth doing.

@Dollysama Thank you for answering my question

How do you get the items that teach skills like Proximity Shot and Paragon? Are they even attainable?

How do the WEXP growth compare to Awakening's? Sometimes I feel like it's still a bit slow for my taste with Discipline. I'm OCD about having my units max their weapon ranks in all of their attainable classes so I'm trying to see if this is worth doing.

Not yet

I don't really know, but basically speaking, the gap between the weapon ranks is fairly large.

If you grind they actually don't seem to be that large, but if you don't, most units will only have a B by the end of the game (in one weapon, the rest will be Es or so), so it seems to be low compared to the other games

Not yet

Parts of me wonder if they've forgotten about the skills. The Japanese release of the last series 1 DLC and the first series 2 DLC is about 2.5 months. It's almost 5 months since the last DLC was announced and it's gotten me worried.

I don't really know, but basically speaking, the gap between the weapon ranks is fairly large.

If you grind they actually don't seem to be that large, but if you don't, most units will only have a B by the end of the game (in one weapon, the rest will be Es or so), so it seems to be low compared to the other games

I'm hoping that it won't be FE6 slow. If so, this game is really going to test my patience when grinding for weapon ranks. Still gonna do it though.

Parts of me wonder if they've forgotten about the skills. The Japanese release of the last series 1 DLC and the first series 2 DLC is about 2.5 months. It's almost 5 months since the last DLC was announced and it's gotten me worried.

I'm hoping that it won't be FE6 slow. If so, this game is really going to test my patience when grinding for weapon ranks. Still gonna do it though.

It's slower than FE6

To be honest I don't entirely recall all the games, but it's the slowest of all the game's I've played (FE6-13)

Not that I've actually stalked and measured my own data, so I may be wrong

Edited by CocoaGalaxy