"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the Ballistician class good at all? It does seem useful, but would any character want to stay in that class?

It is pretty decent. Not the best class since it can't get S rank (Despite only having one weapon type). Takumi IMO is one of the best since he can use the Fugin Yumi. But really, it is more of a short term or purely PvP class IMO.

This is such a dumb question, but is there any portion of the game where the L Button is expressly needed? Mine has been shot for about 2 years now.

All the controls are pretty much what Awakening had, so if you did not need the L button then, you won't know (I honestly can't remember if it those do anything or not).

Well, there's soft-resetting, zooming in in My Castle to see the architecture and the denizens and quickly shifting from one character to the next instead of scrolling around the whole map. All of this requires the use of the L button to my knowledge.

Is there a list of the movement ranges of each class/what terrain they are affected by? Last I checked the wikis, none of them listed movement in the stats.

So what trolly skills do the enemies in the EXP DLC have alongside scaleing. Plz no counter, plz no counter, plz no counter

some that I remember: Defense Seal, Strength Seal, Cut Through, Freeze, Sun God, Confined Defense, Pavise/Aegis, Flamboyant, Breaker skills, Pass, Draconic Curse, Miracle, Bind, Defensive Formation, Renewal

Edited by KamuiSama

So what trolly skills do the enemies in the EXP DLC have alongside scaleing. Plz no counter, plz no counter, plz no counter

These tend to be Defensive Formation, Breakers, Status Resistance (Possibly Immunity too), Pass, general stat decreasing skills such as Bind etc... Some also have random skills such as Flamboyant as personal skills, so they have access to more then five skills. There are more too I believe, these are just some that I remember.

Linkmstr has a video of him playing the map so you can go there if you want to see for your self.

Is the experience DLC worth getting? I believe it scales to story progress, correct? I bought EXPontential Growth back in Awakening but it was just for units getting off their feet but even then I could have used Spotpass teams.

Is there a minimum experience yield regardless of how great the level difference between the enemy and player units like it did back in Awakening bar Lunatic/Lunatic+?

So I'm looking at the difficulty change option, and it says "You can lower the difficulty, but not raise it. You can also change your mode." Does this mean I can switch from Classic to Casual for a chapter then switch back, or will I be stuck at Casual if I do so?

So I'm looking at the difficulty change option, and it says "You can lower the difficulty, but not raise it. You can also change your mode." Does this mean I can switch from Classic to Casual for a chapter then switch back, or will I be stuck at Casual if I do so?

Yeah, you'll end up being stuck on Casual mode if you change the difficulty you're playing on.

Is the experience DLC worth getting? I believe it scales to story progress, correct? I bought EXPontential Growth back in Awakening but it was just for units getting off their feet but even then I could have used Spotpass teams.

Is there a minimum experience yield regardless of how great the level difference between the enemy and player units like it did back in Awakening bar Lunatic/Lunatic+?

IMO, it is worth getting. It can be a bit jerkish at points considering enemies have skills like Defensive Formation, but none have Counter to my recollection. Unlike in FEA, it can be used even with already strong characters since there are way more enemies and they are aggressive to, so no need to have to attack them your self. They do try to flee eventually but yeah. Eventually, there are more methods that are a bit more effective, but they tend to be for a single unit at a time, whereas this can work with multiple.

Eventually, you will not gain any experience from defeating enemies if you are too over leveled.

So In if/Fates is Lance|Spear Fighter is the Hoshidan equivalent class of Soldier|Lancer class while Holy Lancer is just a renamed Sentinel class for the Hoshidan Class.???

Edited by Tide of Waves

Why are child units not considered to be as strong in this game, if their max stats are calculated the same way as in Awakening?

Their max stats and optimization potential are just as good as in Awakening. However, their base stats will rarely be better than their parents and their weapon EXP will often be lower, so in-game you'll find that a recently recruited child unit isn't any better than either of their parents.

Moreover, in Awakening, first-gen units had very limited class options, while second-gen units had twice as many. In Fates, the child starts with no more class options than their dad does (child has two natural class sets and one inherited from their mother; father has two natural class sets, one from their wife, and potentially one from their A+ partner).

The first-gen units in Awakening often had limited options while their children were diverse and allowed players to get creative. In Fates, Heart/Buddy Seals allow one to get creative with almost any unit.

Personal skills and unique weapons also have to be considered. Woman's Nature and Raijinto are two examples of powerful tools that are simply locked to first-gen units.

Edited by gayserbeam