"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A good skillset for kinu beside the 3 damage skills, I'm thinking in beast shield (how can I get the item?)

I wouldn't recommend Beast Shield. Anti-beast weaponry isn't really popular in either the main game or PVP. Nothing's gonna try and exploit your weakness. You would be better off with a different skill.

just for reference to understand Fates's download size of 26,694 blocks to if's 24,666, how much bigger is Awakening's 8579 blocks to kakusei?

In case you missed it in the last page, the true file size for If Digital version with all three paths and DLC is 15,812 blocks, not 24,666. When you download the other paths as DLC, you are not redownloading the whole game, you are just getting their specific files. In the video that I linked to, Fire Emblem Kakusei seems to be 9,784 blocks, far bigger than US Awakening.

In case you missed it in the last page, the true file size for If Digital version with all three paths and DLC is 15,812 blocks, not 24,666. When you download the other paths as DLC, you are not redownloading the whole game, you are just getting their specific files. In the video that I linked to, Fire Emblem Kakusei seems to be 9,784 blocks, far bigger than US Awakening.

I realize that the final size should be smaller. though...what? was kakusei really larger? o_o... now I'm confused

Edited by GoXDS

How do supports work in this game, more specifically, how does the A+ rank fit in? (Or does it even have it all?)

Supports work like Awakening's. A+ isn't really a support rank, for there are neither stat bonuses nor conversations. A+ simply allows the unit to reclass into the other's base class using a Buddy Seal. Also, A+ supports are not mutual. For example: Selena can A+ Camilla, but Camilla is still able to A+ Beruka. And no one can A+ the avatar, and the avatar only needs an A support to use a buddy seal (it only works for same gendered units).

Edited by Mango Giamatti

Supports work like Awakening's. A+ isn't really a support rank, for there are neither stat bonuses nor conversations. A+ simply allows the unit to reclass into the other's base class using a Buddy Seal. Also, A+ supports are not mutual. For example: Selena can A+ Camilla, but Camilla is still able to A+ Beruka. And no one can A+ the avatar, and the avatar only needs an A support to use a buddy seal (it only works for same gendered units).

Oh, okay. I thought rank A+ was in between rank A and S and had it's own support conversation. Now, I'm guessing what you mean by base class is first tier or the class the character started as upon recruitment, right?

Oh, okay. I thought rank A+ was in between rank A and S and had it's own support conversation. Now, I'm guessing what you mean by base class is first tier or the class the character started as upon recruitment, right?

their base class tree becomes available. so if you A+ Kaze, Ninja. if you A+ Leo, you get Dark Mage. A+ Ryoma, you'll get Samurai. if you're Tier 2, you can reclass to either branch. so with Ryoma, Trueblade or Weapon Master. there's miscellaneous rules though for when they share classes

Edited by GoXDS

their base class tree becomes available. so if you A+ Kaze, Ninja. if you A+ Leo, you get Dark Mage. A+ Ryoma, you'll get Samurai. if you're Tier 2, you can reclass to either branch. so with Ryoma, Trueblade or Weapon Master. there's miscellaneous rules though for when they share classes

That makes sense. It's a pretty interesting way of getting new skills. I looked at the main site for Fates and it seems like it's always the first available class. Thanks for clearing that up!

If a unit dies on phoenix mode, do they still say their death quotes?

They don't. They just die and reappear the next round.

Has anyone tried Lodestar Hinata? I figured the balance in growths it gives him + speed drain pretty much kills the complaints people have of him.

Is it possible to get more than one of the class items such as Hero’s Brand? Or do I have to pick real careful on who I give it to?

You can only get one of the class items for Lodestar and Great Lord, but you can get more than one of the others.

1. Can someone with the game confirm if the last statement about the Witch's Trial DLC on this page is true? It says "If you wait long enough, there are Witch reinforcements holding onto a Black-rimmed Glasses (accessory) and Warp scroll." I'm most interested in the Warp scroll part. Until I read that, I've always thought that warp was only available through the witch class, so males couldn't access it.

2. What "potion" items are obtainable through Witch's Cauldron? The site mentions the Vulnerary, but what else can be obtained?

3. Luna's/Selena's personal skill is "Competitive: When user is the support unit, if the lead unit triggers a critical hit, the user is guaranteed a critical hit (if their attack connects)" So what happens if she is holding a weapon that cannot crit (e.g. Bronze weapons)? Will her attack crit or not?

Edited by BChan8397

I'm more than okay with the face touching minigame's removal, but I just want to know one thing, as it was something I'd have attempted if given the opportunity regardless. (Character spoilers below.)

Would I ever have had the opportunity to rub Garon's face?

I can tolerate creepy if I can push it so deep into the territory it goes out the other end as over the top and thus hilarious. He is the one character I'd have hoped to be able to do that with, as he seems the picture of anything but patience for childish displays of affection.

Thanks a bunch in advance, can't wait to play the Conquest route the moment it comes out here.