Fire Emblem Fates Weapons/Items Thread

Bovinian

Silver weapons don't work as advertised for me. Here's how it seems to work:

1) If you unit is attacked or initiates a fight, they get -2 str/-2 skill. No penality if unit is doing a support attack.

2) The effect is cumulative. If you get into 3 fights in one turn, you'll have -6 str/ -6 skill

3) On your next turn, you get one point of str and skill back. That's it. One point per turn.

I first noticed this when I was wondering why my Oboro was doing so little damage with such a lot hit rate now while she was wrecking faces before. Then I checked her status and she was at -15 strength from Silver-inflicted usage.

WHAT.

That's crazy-making. I guess I should only forge my iron weapons for now since they have zero penalties. The Silver Weapons are extremely situational; perhaps only useful for boss-killing or taking out a remote, powerful enemy on the map.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh shit, that's how debuffs work? Yikes.

As for clubs, I think they actually don't have a stat modifier, strange as it is.

I'm also really confused about the double attacking thing. How do they even normally work? I spent a while convinced that the double attacking threshold had been moved up to 6 because I never seemed to be able to double at 5 even with weapons that seemed like they shouldn't have been a problem, until I got doubled by a boss at 5. And based on how stuff like Steel weapons work, it seems like applying that effect to both player and enemy would cancel out.

Oh shit, that's how debuffs work? Yikes.

As for clubs, I think they actually don't have a stat modifier, strange as it is.

I'm also really confused about the double attacking thing. How do they even normally work? I spent a while convinced that the double attacking threshold had been moved up to 6 because I never seemed to be able to double at 5 even with weapons that seemed like they shouldn't have been a problem, until I got doubled by a boss at 5. And based on how stuff like Steel weapons work, it seems like applying that effect to both player and enemy would cancel out.

Read my posts above for my interpretation of how the double attack threshold effects work.

As for the specific situations you mentioned, do you remember which weapons you were using, and which weapons were being held by the guys you weren't able to double? A good number of the weapons in this game don't let you double at all.

Is there any way to "cure" the debuffs caused by enemies? Like a Restore staff or something similar? No? ;_;

Some of the debuffs from this game do look pretty nasty. How a baton that halves your max HP for the rest of the chapter even exists is beyond me. I've seen/heard some people just outright reset if one of their front-line units gets hit by that stuff lol.

By Arya's own words, "No penality if unit is doing a support attack", it sounds like Silvers are ideal for dual-striking if Braves aren't available (maybe even if Braves are available, depending how exactly the retooling of Braves interacts with dual strikes).

​Because it sounds like you don't get any penalty at all for dual striking with a Silver, only for being the lead unit using a silver.

Switch the character who is going to dual strike to a silver, have a unit get their silver powered dual strikes, then have the character who was using a silver take their turn with a different weapon.

Read my posts above for my interpretation of how the double attack threshold effects work.

As for the specific situations you mentioned, do you remember which weapons you were using, and which weapons were being held by the guys you weren't able to double? A good number of the weapons in this game don't let you double at all.

I don't remember specifics, but I remember being confident they weren't the ones that couldn't double. I'll pay more attention for future situations like that.

Is there any way to "cure" the debuffs caused by enemies? Like a Restore staff or something similar? No? ;_;

Some of the debuffs from this game do look pretty nasty. How a baton that halves your max HP for the rest of the chapter even exists is beyond me. I've seen/heard some people just outright reset if one of their front-line units gets hit by that stuff lol.

Yeah that staff is brutal. I just had my first encounter with it and the character that got hit was one-rounded that turn.

^ does that baton have a hit rate? If so wouldn't the AI aim for the guy they can hit better so you could get a bad res(?) unit protected you would be fine. On the effect at least if the unit survives, that unit can run like hell, unlike berserk without a restore staff and a good supply of nearby enemies where it is everybody else running like hell (and people say sacred stones was easy, try hard modechapter 14 On emfirams route without a restore staff. 20-22 mag druids ugh)

Come to think of it, is the HP halving effect even curable? I personally never had a problem against Berserk staves because I always had a Restore staff handy (never played Sacred Stones), but halving HP doesn't seem like a status effect as much as it just sounds like straight up trolling.

....there isn't even a Restore staff in this game is there?

Edited by Bovinian

The Shuriken debuffs goes away entirely after one turn for both players and enemies.

I haven't faced many status staves on Hoshido, but there's one thing I thought was worse than even FE5 berzerk staves...

There's one staff that takes one of your characters and teleports them right next to the enemy and the staff has massive range. I've only seen that twice (one in chapter 25, and one in a double-skirmish versus level 20 class-changed enemies).

Next to the strategist that has the staff, there's two magic turrets, two upgraded mages, and two berzerkers. Most of my units were being 1-shot by one berzerker already, so this is pretty much instant death, and the strategist can move to grab your unit. I was on Casual and said "eff it, I'll go on anyway" when my Hinoka was grabbed and slaughtered, but I'm not sure how you are even supposed to pass that point on Classic... Not even my general Kamui with an attached character and a full dual guard bar would have survived being grabbed. I suppose I'll have to learn by that point though since I did start an Hard Classic playthrough.

The Shuriken debuffs goes away entirely after one turn for both players and enemies.

I haven't faced many status staves on Hoshido, but there's one thing I thought was worse than even FE5 berzerk staves...

There's one staff that takes one of your characters and teleports them right next to the enemy and the staff has massive range. I've only seen that twice (one in chapter 25, and one in a double-skirmish versus level 20 class-changed enemies).

Next to the strategist that has the staff, there's two magic turrets, two upgraded mages, and two berzerkers. Most of my units were being 1-shot by one berzerker already, so this is pretty much instant death, and the strategist can move to grab your unit. I was on Casual and said "eff it, I'll go on anyway" when my Hinoka was grabbed and slaughtered, but I'm not sure how you are even supposed to pass that point on Classic... Not even my general Kamui with an attached character and a full dual guard bar would have survived being grabbed. I suppose I'll have to learn by that point though since I did start an Hard Classic playthrough.

Wow. I've already seen the data for all of these staves/batons (this "grabbing" one, the halving max HP one, etc.) but I only considered their utility for the player's side and thought, "hmm, these look interesting but are probably only situationally useful". I never stopped to think how scary they would be when used by the enemy. Damn.

Well a Staff that doesn't look that threatening on paper, but with the right use is utterly terrifying especially if the user is surrounded by powerful allies that could potentially get a boost from a class skill sounds perfect for a Strategist, if it is true that strategists get it more i actually really like that, its the little details that do it for me tbh, probably will be hard to appreciate the flavour when i fight them though.

From what I know this is how healing staves work in Fire Emblem: Awakening:

(Mag÷2) + Staff bonus + Healtouch bonus + Weapon rank bonus

Staff bonus

1 if using Kneader

8 if using Heal, Physic, or Fortify

15 if using Mend, Balmwood Staff, or Catharsis

Healtouch bonus

5 if user has the Healtouch skill

0 if not

Weapon rank bonus

3 if user has A rank in staves

2 if user has B rank in staves

1 if user has C rank in staves

0 if user has D or E rank in staves

Range for long range staves is also determined by the Magic stat of the user divided by two. Does the same thing hold true for Fire Emblem Fates? And I also wanted to know how combat works (things like Damage, Avoid, etc.).

Apparently most of the ranged staves have fixed range now, and it differs depending on the staff/baton. I don't currently have information on the exact values though.

Damage, Hit, and Avoid calculations seem to be the same. The Skill stat's influence on crit rate has been nerfed (it isn't Skill/2 anymore like it was in Awakening, but I don't think the new calculation has been figured out with 100% certainty.

Some people are saying the formula for effective damage has been changed, but I don't think it should be too difficult to figure out if someone actually tries testing it out.

Type of weapon, From the ones on this thread and the main site, it goes Katana/nagatina/Axe/suriken/Tome, and i assume Yumi/Staff or in other words Sword-Hoshido lance-Hoshido Axe-nohr Bow-Hoshido kunai-Hoshido Tome-Nohr and Staff-Nohr. It also matches the classes that has access to S ranks of course.

It may just be me (since I can't read japanese) but from my own "guesses/looking around", the lower level staves actually have a cap to how much you can heal, obviously to "force" you to use the higher level staves.

Otherwise uh..

Also this is still somewhat hearsay unless I can verify (Still need to figure out the healing formula, etc)

Regarding the "warp enemy to self staff", honestly I'm not sure. The only reliable methods are to either stay out of range, long range the enemy (are there any options though?) or to use your own "warp enemy to self" staff to annihilate the wielder.

More Importantly, so..what about the formatting?

The other additional one was, regarding the double attack threshold thing.

The previous talk seemed to have said that "Double Attack Threshold" only affects your own double attack, but if that's so, why is it present on stuff like the Javelin, which automatically prevent you from double attacking? Am I missing something or is something going on?

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

More Importantly, so..what about the formatting?

Could you elaborate?

The other additional one was, regarding the double attack threshold thing.

The previous talk seemed to have said that "Double Attack Threshold" only affects your own double attack, but if that's so, why is it present on stuff like the Javelin, which automatically prevent you from double attacking? Am I missing something or is something going on?

If you're referring to the descriptions on the site, it should be changed to "enemy's ability to double attack +5" for the javelin-type weapons, and "user's ability to double attack -3" for the steel weapons. The original weapon translations failed to differentiate between the user's and enemy's double attack threshold.

Could you elaborate?

If you're referring to the descriptions on the site, it should be changed to "enemy's ability to double attack +5" for the javelin-type weapons, and "user's ability to double attack -3" for the steel weapons. The original weapon translations failed to differentiate between the user's and enemy's double attack threshold.

I see. Regarding the formatting, our current (by our, I mean I'm using the FE12-13 Format) lacks an "Avoid" column, so I have to type in "Avoid + X" in the description. I have no idea how to touch the formatting, not that I would dare do something like that anyway.

I've also added Oboro (Weapon) to the wiki, so we'll need to actually make a Kunai page, and the Kunainav.

Regarding the Javelin shenanigans, well I guess it does make sense, so I guess we need to update the descriptions. So much trouble.

In any case though, there's still the whole trouble of Swords/Katana. Previously I wrote the Fuujin Bow as a Bow/Yumi, though it was edited to be just a bow, though I believe it is classified as a Yumi in game. I've not actually added misc things, so far I've added the Brave Sword/Lance/Axe, adding the throwables, etc.

Enough of me rambling about the wiki, for now, what I feel is that, the Spear/Tomahawk/Flying Dagger (Range 2 throwables) seem to be kinda useless, because unless you really need a +5 damage for the Kodachi, it feels a bit silly. I suppose if you have really nothing better to carry you could use them, but otherwise I'm not so sure, weapon inventory seems to be a bit more important. Somewhat anyway, when you are spoilt for choice (I think Nohr has less weapon variety though)

I haven't seen one, but I suppose this is where you send a flying unit to kill the strategist, then find a way to help that flier.

The difference between Hoshidan batons and Nohrian staves is that the former has longer range. Fortunately, the Draw staff is Nohrian, and has a range of 1-7 as opposed to 1-10 of long-range Hoshidan batons.

So steel weapons don't actually make you easier to be double attacked? That's confusing. No wonder I haven't always been able to keep track of the thresholds.

On the topic of the Draw staff, I was watching a Lunatic Nohr stream and I remember on the...

[spoiler=minor Nohr gameplay spoiler]water theatre map, there's an enemy Priestess carrying this staff who stands very close to the boss and would warp you to her if you stand in her range. Needless to say, the result would be brutal if you don't have any counter-measure. However, given the objective of this map being defeat commander, you may also use this to your advantage to finish the chapter sooner, as long as you know what you're doing... Another one with the halve HP staff is also featured on the same map, with obscenely long range that'll block most of your path, but this staff has pretty low hit-rate so it's not that dangerous. Fortunately, this seems to be a Lunatic-only thing because I didn't spot these two particular units in at least Normal :p

Edited by Ryo

Bow-type and Tome-type weapons added!

Whew, I guess that's all the "conventional" weapons done... Still have a lot of staves, misc. weapons and items to cover.

Rainarok? Is that supposed to be ragnarok or is some bizarre pun or something?

Two S rank bows huh, that's interesting.