Generic Portrait Compilation and Capture Info) Edit: Updated with Possessed Versions and Info on Generic Capture

IGdood

Well, I got 4 levels with him. Three were 1 stat up, one was 2 stat up before ditching him. It's not statistically significant of course. I can try to get a few more with him once I'm a bit further (So he gets bonus exp for more convenient leveling up). I did get some Dark Mage and Revenant Knight levels on generic and those were pretty good.

I'll probably be using Daniella this playthrough, I'll keep you posted if I see anything really odd.

Also, for reference sake, I got the Marth and the Lucina from the Fire Emblem IF cards. Both starts at level 10 with no items with two skills (I tried loading them on both my files). The Masked Lucina actually has a mask on her little map icon, but if you equip any head accessory her mask gets removed on her battle model).

So you can get the Amiibo characters if you just get the JPN cards? That might be cheaper then importing 4 hard to find Amiibo. Thanks for this tip.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you can get the Amiibo characters if you just get the JPN cards? That might be cheaper then importing 4 hard to find Amiibo. Thanks for this tip.

They aren't the same. The Cipher characters don't come with their legendary weapons, and also don't have the extra events that come alongside the Amiibo (they appear in My Castle and give the player some extra accessories, there's an extra battle before they join and they can take over stores). Cipher Lucina also is the Masked version, rather than her unmasked self. The mask is on her map sprite, portrait and battle model too. The 2 Marths only have different portraits though. They do have the same classes and in battle the same voices and animations.

^^ You only have the PokeBossDex, filled up to 46% for shame :), come back once you catch them all. (Though i don't think you can get them all as i am not sure if you can streetpass them and i think you get at max 8,9,10 of them in Hoshido, Nohr and the third path respectively.)

Edited by goodperson707

They look really cool, basically on par with the main cast's models. Also, does Draj suddenly get thin if you class change her to Bow Knight?

Edited by NeonZ

They look really cool, basically on par with the main cast's models. Also, does Draj suddenly get thin if you class change her to Bow Knight?

I'll be trying that when I receive my copy! Ricken was a special case in Awakening where he was extremely short, so he had special changes such as a much shorter body compared to the basic models and a MUCH smaller horse. I'll get back to you on that.

Daniela, Haitaka, and Kumagera are the only bosses that are restricted to exactly one route (Daniela = Birthright, Haitaka & Kumagera = Conquest), since to my knowledge you don't fight any of them on the third route. The others are paralogue bosses that appear when you have the appropriate children characters, and since you can get all of their fathers on the third route then that means that you can also recruit their paralogues' bosses.

Generic Hero is one of my favorite designs in the entire game

Im capture like 5 of him

Gosh, yes. He looks like Thor. Im gonna nab one for my team too. I want about 12 Adventurers.

Boy, these generics look amazing. The Hoshidan generics especially, wow!

They all look very detailed.

Ones I like...

Nohr

Great Knight

General

Rod Knight

Maid

Paladin

Revenant Knight

Dark Knight

Hero

Adventurer

Hoshido

Ninja

Jonin

Puppeteer

Samurai

Trueblade

Weapon Master

War Priestess

Holy Bowman

Mountain Priest

Pegasus Warrior

Falcon Warrior

Golden Kite Warrior

Edited by Pretty_Handsome

Their models may be generic... But they hold a special place within our hearts!

...besides who doesn't want to catch 'em all?

...I am legitimately curious about if the regular generic models keep their original heads if promoted as one person was asking... Or if they just use the new models... Likely the latter, but it would be an interesting feature to have say a Weaponsmaster or True Blade sporting the Samurai head model.

Actually, for that matter do units keep their bulk/size differences if reclassing? Like would Banba/William/Hormone still be larger than average if parallel sealed to Hero?

Their models may be generic... But they hold a special place within our hearts!

...besides who doesn't want to catch 'em all?

...I am legitimately curious about if the regular generic models keep their original heads if promoted as one person was asking... Or if they just use the new models... Likely the latter, but it would be an interesting feature to have say a Weaponsmaster or True Blade sporting the Samurai head model.

Actually, for that matter do units keep their bulk/size differences if reclassing? Like would Banba/William/Hormone still be larger than average if parallel sealed to Hero?

According to what some other says, they keep their portraits while class changing (That would makes sense after all : changing the portrait after promotion would be an extra effort. If they don't makes it for regular unit, why doing it for generic.)

I think Kozaki deserves some praise to have made those generics looks so great.

Edited by Tamanoir

Y'know, capturing generic units sounds like it would be really useful on Hard/Lunatic mode. Some of the bosses get really good skills that their initial class doesn't naturally learn. Kinda like those spotpass units in Awakening.

Edited by Esme

According to what some other says, they keep their portraits while class changing (That would makes sense after all : changing the portrait after promotion would be an extra effort. If they don't makes it for regular unit, why doing it for generic.)

Well it is not just an effort thing, a fighter portrait would look kind of silly changing into a Hero portrait for example

Well it is not just an effort thing, a fighter portrait would look kind of silly changing into a Hero portrait for example

Yeah, I know about the portraits remaining the same. But I was actually was talking about the models like these, but for the generics.

[spoiler=The Boss Models]

oBOogWT.jpg

For instance it would be kinda cool/hilarious if the Generic helmeted Berserker could keep its helmeted head when parallel sealing to Brave Hero. Should be pretty easy to check by anyone with a generic and a parallel seal.

I doubt the generic character models keep the original head like the unique units do... But it would be cool if they did. :D

Y'know, capturing generic units sounds like it would be really useful on Hard/Lunatic mode. Some of the bosses get really good skills that their initial class doesn't naturally learn. Kinda like those spotpass units in Awakening.

Yeah, there was a maid unit in Hamayama's stream of Hoshido final chapter with some crazy good skills. Definitely would be an interesting unit to have for spot pass and multiplayer. :)

Edited by TheErrantShepherd

I don't think it should come as any surprise that so many of us like our generic units. Up until Path of Radiance, every sprite used in a fight was generic with the exception of lords and the like. And the delicious GBA-era sprites were particularly cool. But beyond that, games like Tactics Ogre, the FFT series, and Disgaea all run off of a sea of cool generic soldier types.

Regarding the critical cut-ins: the big collections of portrait-rips that people unearthed after the game launched didn't include cut-ins for the generics so I'm assuming they do not have them.

I don't think it should come as any surprise that so many of us like our generic units. Up until Path of Radiance, every sprite used in a fight was generic with the exception of lords and the like. And the delicious GBA-era sprites were particularly cool. But beyond that, games like Tactics Ogre, the FFT series, and Disgaea all run off of a sea of cool generic soldier types.

Regarding the critical cut-ins: the big collections of portrait-rips that people unearthed after the game launched didn't include cut-ins for the generics so I'm assuming they do not have them.

(Off topic)Oh hey... You do some cool battle sprites!

(On topic)

If I remember correctly... Those rips had cut ins for Nacht and Draj which made people think they were playable... Sooooo, maybe? At least for those two?

...actually has anyone seen a generic enemy get a critical hit?

Yeah... Generic army units are awesome, loved them ever since Final Fantasy Tactics. :)

Definitely capturing a dark knight, great knight, and revanent knight.

Really sucks you can't capture generic beasts tho

Actually nvm. I'll just mycastle battle someone and take their Flannel. :)

Edited by Ghostlander