General US Politics

Ansem

• Replies 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so Clinton lied... but how badly did she lie?

So only three were marked classified, the other 110 were not, despite containing classified information. If anyone wants to chime in on whose fault this is, by all means; but this is just carelessness, and one instance of carelessness (granted it was major) against fucking Donald Trump, who is a neanderthal by all accounts, shouldn't be a big deal. They ruled by intent that Hillary did not intentionally leak classified information, and she leaked very little information to begin with.

This is one of the reasons why I refuse to vote for Clinton. ANY leak is a no-no, and the fact that it's being handled so. . .casually is worrying. Information is valuable, FFS, treat it as such!

If this is how she handles her personal security, I don't any confidence in her ability to be sane about privacy laws.

I dunno, she's been doing emails like these for 20 odd years, I'd be surprised if there wasn't a slip up somewhere.

This doesn't make me feel any better. She apparently doesn't learn, either.

Question: why are we listening to Stefan Molyneaux? You know, the guy who says to abandon your family and friends if they don't subscribe to Anarcho-Capitalism?

How is this relevant?

Question: why are we listening to Stefan Molyneaux? You know, the guy who says to abandon your family and friends if they don't subscribe to Anarcho-Capitalism?

Lord Raven mentioned the RNC which reminded me of something I wanted to share from the interview but forgot. To sum it up, there was a moment in said interview where the interviewee said that they were going to publicly disclose the hotels and room numbers of Republican politicians trying to stop Trump from being nominated so that Trump supporters could 'find them' and 'discuss' the matter with them (about 47:45). I brought it up as an example of how bad the current Republican party is that they would do such a thing.

After looking at the evidence (like from the Tax Policy Center or the IRS), the myth of the top 1% controlling everything and never paying taxes has been thoroughly debunked. And this is a myth that is constantly put out by the left in order to instill fear and hatred, similar to the ideas of "white privilege" or "rape culture". That's all they are; myths.

I've changed my viewpoint entirely. If I were American, I would vote for Trump simply as a middle finger to a ruling establishment that has constantly failed me and will continue to do so. The Milo Yiannopoulos way of voting, you might say. We're talking about an educated person who would vote Trump.

Edited by Pharoahe Monch

After looking at the evidence (like from the Tax Policy Center or the IRS), the myth of the top 1% controlling everything and never paying taxes has been thoroughly debunked.

I've changed my viewpoint entirely. If I were American, I would vote for Trump simply as a middle finger to a ruling establishment that has constantly failed me and will continue to do so. The Milo Yiannopoulos way of voting, you might say. We're talking about an educated person who would vote Trump.

The alienation of the white working class voters is one of the biggest failures of the Democratic party. I find it frustrating how they simply label anyone who supports the Republican candidates as bigots when I think it's more to do with the fact that the Republican candidates are consistently the only ones who at least pretend to care about them to any real extent.

The alienation of the white working class voters is one of the biggest failures of the Democratic party. I find it frustrating how they simply label anyone who supports the Republican candidates as bigots when I think it's more to do with the fact that the Republican candidates are consistently the only ones who at least pretend to care about them to any real extent.

The issue here is that liberals don't get it.

Seriously, they don't.

For years and years, the left has been trying to paint this picture as conservatives being "holier than thou" Bible thumpers who marry their own cousins and just generally eat dirt. And it's worked. But what I love is that when the left realized that their values and opinions don't hold up to scrutiny when you look at empirical evidence, they came up with the idea of stifling free speech. Conservatives get labeled as bigots and racists more often than Tila Tequila gets cock at a nightclub.

What's so funny about it is that the left comes off as hypocrites and more people are getting wise to it. One of my favourite examples is Ben Shapiro's appearance on Dr. Drew where a tranny committed assault and battery against him on national television. And the tranny was getting all the support because Ben decided to mock the tranny's ignorance of genetics by calling him "sir". Which to be fair, the tranny's voice is an octave lower than Ben's.

Sure, it might have been an asshole thing for him to do. But to respond to that in a civilized forum with "I'm going to send you home in an ambulance"? That is a threat, by the definition of the law. And the tranny grabbing him by the neck while saying that makes it "assault and battery". And you're trying to claim the moral high ground but you have to resort to threats in order to shut down debate?

Watch for yourself.

At the end of the day, I'm a conservative. And furthermore, I am educated. And yes, that is not an oxymoron despite what the media wants to claim.

What's so funny about it is that the left comes off as hypocrites and more people are getting wise to it. One of my favourite examples is Ben Shapiro's appearance on Dr. Drew where a tranny committed assault and battery against him on national television. And the tranny was getting all the support because Ben decided to mock the tranny's ignorance of genetics by calling him "sir". Which to be fair, the tranny's voice is an octave lower than Ben's.

While I don't agree with Shapiro's view on transgenderism (transgenderism has more to do with neuroanatomy than genetics), the fact that the people whom I would describe as liberal spend the first six minutes trying to talk over others, throwing out ad hominem attacks and threatening Shapiro with violence for having a different opinion is pretty telling.

Edited by Phillius

Tranny is actually a derogatory term, Life. It's the same as 'jap' or 'paki'.

And by the way, you said the Democrats are still right-wing earlier - so are we talking actual leftists or Democrats here?

Because if we're talking Democrats, I'm not sure they even think in the mainstream that rape culture and white privilege are good ideas. The former is a feminist theory, which yes, you can attribute to the left, but I'm a leftist and I don't believe in either.

But when Republicans actually do get labelled as racists or bigots, it's funny that their policies make them extremely unpopular with minorities. Trump got 0% of the black vote in Pennsylvania and Ohio. Obviously there is some sort of reason minorities don't like him, though I'm not sure I would call him openly bigoted.

The far-right can come off as just as hypocritical. They portray themselves as 'anti-PC' but a lot of them are all too eager to stifle discussion or personal choice in the same way you perceive Democrats to. Trying to get cheap hits against the Democrats or Republicans parties is pretty futile, because both have a large amount of not very bright people following them.

Edited by Tryhard

You're also from Israel and Jewish. God's people can't afford progressivism, lest they lose their way once again. I might be liberal, but I won't support criminals just because of who and what they claim to be. Still, I won't support the 1% because they are less trustworthy than Washington and blatantly disregard laws that have been in place for decades. We find ourselves in another Gilded Age, with no end for at least 4 years, maybe longer if the successive candidates don't increase in quality.

The far-right can come off as just as hypocritical. They portray themselves as 'anti-PC' but a lot of them are all to eager to stifle discussion or personal choice in the same way you perceive Democrats to. Trying to get cheap hits against the Democrats or Republicans parties is pretty futile, because both have a large amount of not very bright people following them.

My favourites are the ones who want less government influence in every day life, but still want the government to make homosexuality and abortion illegal. The irony is so thick you could bludgeon someone to death with it.

What is your sig by the way? I've seen that character before but I can't remember where from and it's driving me insane.

I don't really have a big problem with anyone who's far right except for when they try to take away the rights of people who are humans too.

I live in a very homophobic, transphobic, pro-life place. I'll be the first to admit that I'm extremely jaded about this. But I also believe that these people need to respect the life choices of others.

My favourites are the ones who want less government influence in every day life, but still want the government to make homosexuality and abortion illegal. The irony is so thick you could bludgeon someone to death with it.

What is your sig by the way? I've seen that character before but I can't remember where from and it's driving me insane.

I feel as though the far-right are often not called out as much about some of their hypocrisy. Just dismissing them as racists and bigots (well, when they actually are then fine lol) doesn't really help.

A depiction of Mercury/Hermes, from Smite. http://smite.gamepedia.com/Mercury#Centurion

though you may be thinking of someone who just wears the traditional Hermes wings or something

Edited by Tryhard

I feel as though the far-right are often not called out as much about some of their hypocrisy. Just dismissing them as racists and bigots (well, when they actually are then fine lol) doesn't really help.

A depiction of Mercury/Hermes, from Smite. http://smite.gamepedia.com/Mercury#Centurion

though you may be thinking of someone who just wears the traditional Hermes wings or something

Smite! That's it. I wanted to get that game, but never got around to it.

Anyway, considering the kind of people on the far-right, they'd probably take it as a compliment. Not that the far-left is any better. That life is starting to develop that internet thing where every group can be either summed up as a) racism only matters when white people are the victims or b) white people cannot experience racism, is more than a little concerning

The right's reputation didn't suddenly materialize out of nowhere, guys.

Racists have votes, ya' know!

I've met plenty on the right who aren't bigots, though, and plenty of those on the left who are... uh... pretty damn ignorant. It's not cut and dry by any means, but I can't say this election cycle is doing them any favors.

Edited by Crysta

The right's reputation didn't suddenly materialize out of nowhere, guys.

Racists have votes, ya' know!

I've met plenty on the right who aren't bigots, though, and plenty of those on the left who are... uh... pretty damn ignorant. It's not cut and dry by any means, but I can't say this election cycle is doing them any favors.

Oh don't get me wrong, the right has their reputation for a reason. My problem is when every right-wing voter is automatically labelled as a racist, especially considering that the working class has many reasons to dislike the democratic party.

Not really.

It's not so much every Republican is a racist so much as the really, really blatant ones happen to vote Republican most of the time (after LBJ's administration anyway) and they've considered that group a valuable voting bloc in past elections. Hopefully they'll be getting past that EVENTUALLY, if only because the electorate is changing.

Edited by Crysta

Tranny is actually a derogatory term, Life. It's the same as 'jap' or 'paki'.

And by the way, you said the Democrats are still right-wing earlier - so are we talking actual leftists or Democrats here?

Because if we're talking Democrats, I'm not sure they even think in the mainstream that rape culture and white privilege are good ideas. The former is a feminist theory, which yes, you can attribute to the left, but I'm a leftist and I don't believe in either.

But when Republicans actually do get labelled as racists or bigots, it's funny that their policies make them extremely unpopular with minorities. Trump got 0% of the black vote in Pennsylvania and Ohio. Obviously there is some sort of reason minorities don't like him, though I'm not sure I would call him openly bigoted.

The far-right can come off as just as hypocritical. They portray themselves as 'anti-PC' but a lot of them are all too eager to stifle discussion or personal choice in the same way you perceive Democrats to. Trying to get cheap hits against the Democrats or Republicans parties is pretty futile, because both have a large amount of not very bright people following them.

With regards to the first sentence, I don't care if it's derogatory and it is certainly not in the same category as "Jap" or "Paki" or what-have-you.

The second you feel the need to have a completely unnecessary medical procedure in order to change your sex because "you don't feel comfortable in your body", you have forfeited your right to be treated as a human being. Full fucking stop. It is a perversion of the animal kingdom. And before you want to jump down my throat for possibly thinking the same way of homosexuality, that is incorrect because homosexuality also exists within the animal kingdom, especially in primates (but not limited to).

As for why it is not on the same level as saying "Chink" or "Kike" or whatever, it is because the operation itself is unnecessary whatsoever in any medical capacity. It is something that the person is choosing the change. Race is from your DNA and ancestry. There is no medical procedure available to change race.

Unpopular view but whatever. It is my informed opinion of the matter and I won't attempt to convince you because it sounds so evil. But that is a logical explanation of why I feel that way.

As for the question (which I typed out twice and lost both), let's assume that left = liberals = Democratic Party of America for the purpose of this argument. Not a hard stretch.

Now the left's issue is one of bold hypocrisy, much more so than the right. They are so two-faced when it comes to a lot of the myths that get spread around. I mentioned "white privilege" above but let's dive into that.

Black Lives Matter does not preach peace. It preaches segregation. Didn't MLK fight against that exact notion 50 years ago? And the best part is that they refuse to call it what it is (racism against the white majority because let's not sugar-coat the issue). Instead, they use a couple of bad (and they truly are bad) videos of a couple cops shooting black males. So suddenly there's an epidemic of racism in America's police force that goes around and shoots blacks by the minute?

Wrong. Let me point out the three best statistics from this study.

1) You have the same chance of getting killed by the police as you do of getting hit by lightning.

2) Black males have 37x more chance of being murdered by a private citizen than they do by a cop who is on duty.

3) 89.6% of blacks murdered... are murdered by other blacks.

Well shit, that basically blows apart the BLM's entire movement. But when did the left let facts get in the way of feelings?

And that's the problem I have. Conservatives aren't perfect. It's why we are conservative; we do not adapt to change easily. But we don't go around perpetuating lies as a way of institutionalizing racism. Even Trump's most asinine comments about immigration are not unfounded. That is a job that the left does.

Edited by Pharoahe Monch

The second you feel the need to have a completely unnecessary medical procedure in order to change your sex because "you don't feel comfortable in your body", you have forfeited your right to be a human. Full fucking stop. It is a perversion of the animal kingdom. And before you want to jump down my throat for possibly thinking the same way of homosexuality, that is incorrect because homosexuality also exists within the animal kingdom, especially in primates (but not limited to).

I see know way in which that belief could ever be used to justify something horrible. :Kappa:

If you don't agree with transgenderism, that's fine, everyone has the right to their opinion but I don't see how gender dysphoria 'forfeits the right to be human'.

I was going to bring up 'kike' as an example, but I guess you're going to subvert it in an arbitrary way lmao. It's definitely a derogatory term, and one that seems pretty on par with racial slurs to me.

When you talk about "forfeiting rights to be human", you sound psychopathic, man. And this is not me exaggerating just for exaggerations sake.

Edited by Tryhard

I was going to bring up 'kike' as an example, but I guess you're going to subvert it in an arbitrary way lmao. It's definitely a derogatory term, and one that seems pretty on par with racial slurs to me.

When you talk about "forfeiting rights to be human", you sound psychopathic, man. And this is not me exaggerating just for exaggerations sake.

Understand that I lost my entire post twice. I edited it so that it is now complete.