QOTD IV!! 884: Who should be next QOTD master and why, or should it die?

Flying type gym, with a Hawlucha, Aerodactyl, Braviary and Scyther. We shall soar through the skies together!

Oops, I forgot to say Charizard.

Edited by Knight

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ground type.

Team would be composed of the Golette, Gible, Gligar, Sandile, and/or Numel lines. Which many and at which evolutionary stages would depend on when the GYM would be faced.

GYM design would emulate a desert, with a cave as a basement level. Travel between levels would be through quicksand pits and ladders. Trainers would be on the basement, and if you fall through the wrong quicksands, you have to fight them.

And to be an even bigger nerd, trainers would be the likes of Rangers, Backpackers, and Ruin Maniacs. Carrying Pokémon of the Sandile, Rhyhorn, Numel, Sandshrew, Onix, and Digglet lines.

water

swampert, whiscash, wailord, quagsire, milotic, kingdra

at each station of the gym, instead of a trainer there will be a quiz master. they will ask you an exceedingly trivial question about some random crap from your quest thus far (e.g. "what did the memetic youngster say is comfy and easy to wear? a) scarf b) socks c) shorts d) ur mum m8"). you will then look into a reflecting pool (because water type, please keep up ffs) in which a clip of the answer will play. if you answer three questions incorrectly, the squirtle squad will carry you back to the entrance and unceremoniously throw you out, bum. once you answer enough questions to reach me, i will say, "you've proven yourself a quiz master, but are you also a pokemon master??" at which point you will run a train on me with grass types

water

swampert, whiscash, wailord, quagsire, milotic, kingdra

at each station of the gym, instead of a trainer there will be a quiz master. they will ask you an exceedingly trivial question about some random crap from your quest thus far (e.g. "what did the memetic youngster say is comfy and easy to wear? a) scarf b) socks c) shorts d) ur mum m8"). you will then look into a reflecting pool (because water type, please keep up ffs) in which a clip of the answer will play. if you answer three questions incorrectly, the squirtle squad will carry you back to the entrance and unceremoniously throw you out, bum. once you answer enough questions to reach me, i will say, "you've proven yourself a quiz master, but are you also a pokemon master??" at which point you will run a train on me with grass types

i'd hate you ingame if you turned out to be one of those assholes that has set-up moves on all his/her pokemon.

(Curse!Pert ingame sounds scary.)

Poison Type!

Scolipede, Drapion, Nidoking, Arbok, Dragalge, and Gengar.

For a gym design, I think it would simply be a ruined temple in a jungle, and you would have to navigate through vines[through cutting, with a trainer depending on which vine you cut. Choosing the correct one will have no trainer. To figure it out there would be a puzzle.], quicksand[some random trainer popping out of quicksand. Answer the puzzle correctly for a rope to swing on and advance.], and some button pushing. [This would actually be a memorization puzzle, involving a specific ancient rune of a Pokemon to appear for a few seconds and disappear. Then a few more runes would appear before and you would choose the correct one. You have to complete it twice in a row, or a double battle will await you!]

So yeah adventure theme o/

Well I was going to go with Steel but other people did first, so to be a SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE.

Ice

My team would be like, Cloyster, Crygonial, Mamoswine, Jynx, Articuno and Froslass.

The puzzle would be navigating fields of snow with Ninja trainers around, I'm trying to think of a more indepth idea of it.

Edited by Jedi

Water Type.

Azumarill, Octillery, Gyarados, Empoleon, Gastrodon, Starmie

Puzzle involves water slides. Water needs to be activated on the slides in order to slide down, but the water needs to be turned off to climb up the slide.

Electric or dragon! My favorite types!

Wooo! ;w;

As for an electric gym, I'd probably be somewhere late game, with... These:

Electrode, Lanturn, Raichu, Magneton, Jolteon, and Manectric.

As for a dragon gym...

Dragonair, Hydreigon, Tyrantrum, Gabite, Garchomp, and Charizard.

I think a good explanation for Gary being a "no-type" Gym Leader, is because the spot was left vacant because Giovanni fled. The Pokemon League didn't have a replacement and the current champion has left without a trace. They needed a temporary replacement for the time being before they elect a new Gym Leader. It either goes Gary is the next man-up so they anoint him the job or he volunteers the spot. As a temporary replacement for the Ground-type Gym Leader, they didn't require him to set-up a themed Gym.

Edited by ~Summer~

Psychic type because it's my favorite type.

TEAM: Kadabra, Hypno, Espeon, Wobbuffet (for trolling's sake), Reuniclus (or Duosin depending on the point of the game I'm at), Chimecho

The puzzle would involve moving floating platforms to travel or something like that

Flying I guess.

My gym would stand into the sky, high above the ground... Where the winds are stronger. So beware to don't fall since the winds will push you toward the edges... (And it changes directions)

If you do you'll have to face the trainer that saved you.

Edited by Naughx

Leader? I'm the Champion.

Actual answer: Fire type.

Blaziken, Arcanine, Nidoking, Samurott, Alakazam, Garchomp

The arena would be a not so tough maze, may or may not include a riddle, leading to a tacky coliseum looking layout with gaudy torches lighting the way.

Edited by Soledai

my type would be bug or electric and i don't know what my team would be

QUESTION SIX HUNDRED AND THIRTY-THREE: What's the last purchase you regretted?

bonus question: did you return it, did you learn to love it? how does this story end?!

My very first computer case, the Azza Solano 1000 that I purchased back in 2010. It was so gaudy and the lack of dust filtration made things worse.

The only good thing I got out of it was a $30 mail-in rebate.

I ended up swapping it out for a Fractal Design Define R3.

Right now I have a night gown that's not working with me and if I wanna fix it I need to get off my butt and alter it

I just have so many other sewing projects planned as well ;u;

the straps are too long and aren't adjustable and I tried tying a knot with the straps to make them shorter but that made them get too uncomfortable and now the knot is tough to undo ^o^

The only thing that comes to mind is a pair of fuckin adorable flats with mouse faces on them. I fell in love, bought them, and then first day out wearing them they started to rub my heels wrong. It was terrible.

BUT after I got over my sadness and regret I started wearing them with lacy socks and that was enough padding to save my feet and make the shoes great again

but that was like a year ago so I'm almost certainly forgetting something between then and now :'D