QOTD IV!! 884: Who should be next QOTD master and why, or should it die?

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bunch of plush dolls I bought at a night market that were less expensive during the day

I didn't get to return them but the lady who sold them cheaper felt bad for me and gave me free stuff o/

The Amiibos I own (Diddy Kong, Mega Man, Samus, Sheik, and Toon Link) because I have no use for them and they aren't even being displayed properly as figures due to how messy my room is. I'm probably keeping them and not selling because I'm such a pack rat, but it'd be nice to have an extra ~$60 to funnel towards buying a Wii U/games/food.

Azure Striker Gunvolt should fit the bill. I don't think I bought anything else recently that I regret buying.

Right off the bat it has an awful game feel because of the bad frame rate (at least the 3DS version) but the actual gameplay isn't much better. Killing even the lowest grunts is a slow and clunky multistep process and while the game has wall jumps, it doesn't have wall slides, making it a very bad tool to dodge anything. There is just nothing fun or enjoyable about this game, so every single cent spent on it was completely wasted.

Edited by BrightBow

Did you enjoy the Mega Man X/Zero games? Just trying to understand your perspective here because the game looks interesting to someone (me) who's never played it.

Did you enjoy the Mega Man X/Zero games? Just trying to understand your perspective here because the game looks interesting to someone (me) who's never played it.

Well, I played and beat all the Zero and ZX games and I played several X games, although I only beat the first one yet. And they were all very fun. (Well, besides the original ZX. The game feel, levels and bosses are still as excellent as ever but the mission system combined with one of the most unhelpful map systems in any video game I've ever seen, really drag the whole experience down. Thankfully, Advent fixed both these things.)

While I could criticize all kinds of design aspects of Zero and ZX and how they negatively impact the overall experience, they all share the same great game feel that X has. Just moving around feels great and the actual gameplay of fighting enemies and platforming is fast and exiting. But Gunvolt just doesn't feel good at all, which I guess is mostly because of the framerate and the lack of a wall slide.

I don't actually see all that many similarities between those games and Gunvolt beyond their superficial appearance, seeing how in Gunvolt, your gun is basically just a marker for your actual main weapon (which is a forcefield that takes up most of the screen but deals very little damage unless you hit enemies with your gun first) and everything in the game takes a while to kill even if it's marked first.

Edited by BrightBow

my ideal sandwich is the doner kebap (god bless turkish immigrants to germany) followed by the massively complicated ham with mustard sandwich.

QUESTION SIX HUNDRED AND THIRTY TWO: If you were a Pokemon gym leader, what would your type be?

Bonus 1: what would your team makeup be?

Bonus 2 if you're an incorrigible nerd: what would your gym be like?

this question courtesy of summer including the bonuses

Fire types all day erry day.

I think it would begin with a Charizard, segway into a Rapidash, a Houndoom (beware the Dark/Fire!) and finish with muthafucken ARCANINE. Oh yeah.

My gym would be that really annoying one where you have to fight my minions trainers to lower the Fire spires that block the path to me, B:

my type would be bug or electric and i don't know what my team would be

QUESTION SIX HUNDRED AND THIRTY-THREE: What's the last purchase you regretted?

bonus question: did you return it, did you learn to love it? how does this story end?!

Tbh, i cannot recall...? Yeah im drawing a blank. Ive gotten to that point where i must think through my purchases due to income reasons. Oh wait! I do have one. Grand Theft Auto Vice City on Steam. I couldnt get it to run no matter how many downgraders i tried. Luckily, Steam allowed for refunds.

bought a blt for $11 when i could have spent $13 and got a way bigger meal from some place at universal studios.

monster hunter 4 is my latest game purchase regret, though. i very rarely play.

Want it to eat them Counters/Mirror Coats?

Houndoom is a Dark type which means it is immune to the Psychic-type move Mirror Coat. Go Sp. Attacker Houndoom!

Edited by NinjaMonkey

got myself a 16 gig SD card but then i was like "wait shit, the 3DS uses a mini SD card"

at least this was out of a gift card

got myself a 16 gig SD card but then i was like "wait shit, the 3DS uses a mini SD card"

at least this was out of a gift card

New 3DS? Because older ones use a normal SD card.

Tons of games that I regret getting a lot, most recent in memory is probably Metroid Fusion, I forgot that I already had a copy of it.

I almost considered buying a ticket to Fantastic 4.

I bought a pair of nike shorts that said large, so I never actually tried it on. I figured it would be pretty loose and comfy; turns out it was youth sizing and ha

ass3big5those

Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin, because it doesn't work properly. Much, in fact, like Dark Souls 1.

In terms of concrete items, I haven't gotten as much mileage out of the second-hand PSP as I'd've liked.

a dvd drive to replace my one that couldn't connect to my motherboard; this new one appears to now be dead

QUESTION SIX HUNDRED AND THIRTY-FOUR: What media player do you use to listen to music?

generally software but websites and shit are ok if all you do is listen to pandora or something (hello me)