SF Interviews 2.0 - Florete

Julius Nepos

How have things been for you lately? We haven't really talked in forever, and you were among the first people who'd regularly talk to me on SF when I first joined.

First and current impressions of me?

What do you like to do to relax and unwind?

Who are some of your most favourite bunnies in fiction?

Since you tend to like confident and gung-ho characters, what characters with the opposite of that personality-type do you like? (in other words, what shy, humble, mild-mannered characters do you like?)

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Lumi~! This was long overdue.

1. How did you get into Fire Emblem and why are you still a fan of it?

2. Do you play other video games, if so, what kinds?

3. What do you like about the Serenes Forest community, and what do you dislike?

4. Favorite programming language?

5. How can I become a lord of bunnies?

1 hour ago, Randoman said:

How have things been for you lately? We haven't really talked in forever, and you were among the first people who'd regularly talk to me on SF when I first joined.

First and current impressions of me?

What do you like to do to relax and unwind?

Who are some of your most favourite bunnies in fiction?

Since you tend to like confident and gung-ho characters, what characters with the opposite of that personality-type do you like? (in other words, what shy, humble, mild-mannered characters do you like?)

1) Things are alright. I have a full-time software dev job, so that takes most of my time. Been with this great guy for 8 month now, also (as if I don't mention him enough haha)

2) I'm going to opt out of impression questions--and this goes for everyone, mainly because I don't really remember first impressions and I don't really have current impressions if we don't talk regularly. Don't really like these questions.

3) Take naps. Occasionally I like to take a nice staycation with the bf. I would say art except art is kinda stressful what with my eye being significantly better than my hand right now--aka I'm just not satisfied with anything I draw.

4) I actually don't see a lot of bunnies in fiction--mainly because they're not likely to be in the same genres I read and if they are, I haven't really read much western fiction. I like Panne enough. As far as just cute mascots go and not pertaining to like, novels or movies or something, I like Mofutan and I like Molang. Round is good.

5) Sakura is a big one for me. I also really like Elincia. Nino's growing on me pretty hard thanks to Heroes--I do think she was well written in 7, just not exactly the best unit there, but now she's mvp status. I also like Lucius and Forrest. 

1 hour ago, Iris said:

Hi Lumi~! This was long overdue.

1. How did you get into Fire Emblem and why are you still a fan of it?

2. Do you play other video games, if so, what kinds?

3. What do you like about the Serenes Forest community, and what do you dislike?

4. Favorite programming language?

5. How can I become a lord of bunnies?

1) My waifu Sakusa back when we're still in high school was like here have a FE and tossed me Sacred Stones and that happened. I like the strategic aspect of it and I like the characters. I generally care a lot more about characters more than plot. 

2) Not many. Pokemon and Assassin's Creed is about it. I find it too time consuming, but I grew up a big Pokemon fan and I love the historical aspects of Ass Creed. 

3) From what I can see it's at least chiller than a lot of other online FE communities, and I have made a lot of friends here. On the other hand, there is still a lot of unnecessary drama. At least we're mostly civil, though.

4) Javascript. I probably will get a lot of hate for saying that, haha---people look at me like I'm crazy when I say I like JS. I do understand the shortcomings of JS, and I wouldn't recommend it to a beginner because it is easy to fuck up in it--but while I wouldn't call myself an expert, per se, I am a professional frontend engineer and I do think I have a much stronger grasp of the subtleties of JS language than your average programmer, and if you actually know how it works it can be actually really nice to write. Especially with ES6? ES6 is fucking legit. Chrome dev tools is also one of the most ridiculously powerful debuggers there is. I can't just go console.log(foo) and print the entire object structure in Java, but I can do that in JS on the front end. 

Like my friend was like "bruh why do you write JS do you hate yourself" and I'm like bruh i made JS my bitch. It's true though.

I'm learning this language called Kotlin though and it compiles to the JVM and is thus compatible with all the Java libraries. It writes nicer than Java IMO. It's the language we use at work for the backend/serverside devs and I've been trying to expand into full stack. I like it so far--not sure if I like it more than JS, but it works nicely with spring boot, also.

5) Always have the bun in your heart

s6JvQTf.jpg

58 minutes ago, fuccboi said:

sup

Yo

Edited by Thor Odinson

Hello Thor Odinson! Here's a few questions.

1. Did you call yourself "Thor Odinson" after the Marvel superhero, or directly from the Nordic myths? Or is it another reason entirely?

2. If you're a fan of Marvel, then what's your favorite MCU movie and why?

3. If you're a fan of the mythology, then what's your opinion on the myth of Loki and the dwarves (link: http://norse-mythology.org/tales/loki-and-the-dwarves/)? (I always found it hilarious, at least at the very end.)

4. Favorite of the classical elements (water, earth, fire, air) and Chinese elements (metal, wood, water, fire, earth)?

3 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

Hello Thor Odinson! Here's a few questions.

1. Did you call yourself "Thor Odinson" after the Marvel superhero, or directly from the Nordic myths? Or is it another reason entirely?

2. If you're a fan of Marvel, then what's your favorite MCU movie and why?

3. If you're a fan of the mythology, then what's your opinion on the myth of Loki and the dwarves (link: http://norse-mythology.org/tales/loki-and-the-dwarves/)? (I always found it hilarious, at least at the very end.)

4. Favorite of the classical elements (water, earth, fire, air) and Chinese elements (metal, wood, water, fire, earth)?

1) Marvel dude. I did read into the myths after becoming a fan of him, though. Haven't read everything but the wedding dress Thor story is my favorite.

2) Winter Soldier. I just really liked how they handled the narrative, and I also like Nat in it a lot. I mean yeah I'm a hardcore Thor fan but I do think Winter Soldier is a better movie overall. 

3) I mean, I like Loki, but he totally had it coming. 

4) In terms of personality I tend to identify with the traits associated with fire in both sets, though I don't really like being near fire much in real life. Fire aside, I'd probably say Earth in western and metal in Chinese.

1: Obligatory "What are your first/current impressions of me?" question

2: Aspirations in life?

3: Opinion on kids, and do you plan to have any?

4: What is a movie, video game, etc that you like that everyone else hates?

5: What is a movie, video game, etc that you hate that everyone else likes?

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

1: Obligatory "What are your first/current impressions of me?" question

2: Aspirations in life?

3: Opinion on kids, and do you plan to have any?

4: What is a movie, video game, etc that you like that everyone else hates?

5: What is a movie, video game, etc that you hate that everyone else likes?

1)

3 hours ago, Thor Odinson said:

I'm going to opt out of impression questions

2) Do something cool in my field. Not sure what something cool constitutes yet, though. Software is a rapid-moving field.

3) I'm not a very nurturing person--I'm a little to detached and a bit too workaholic. I also lack the patience to deal with them. No plans to myself, but I am willing to compromise if my partner really wants one (1 might be ok. I'm not doing 3). Asked boyfriend the other day and at least in this stage in his life he's definitely not into the having kids thing right now either, but he's a bit younger than me and neither of us are ready for it anyway.

4) I wouldn't say everyone hates Ass Creed--or it wouldn't sell this well, but I do hear a fair share of mocking it just because it's a "triple A game" "ubisoft product" which, I mean, sure it has flaws and I'll rag on the flaws just as well (a 690 graphics card requirement on AC Unity when it came out? and still ran terribly on PC? that was a real flaw) but I also hear enough people who rag on it for reasons I don't entirely agree with, so. I can't really think of anything I'm into that's truly hated by majority of the intended demographic, so I'm just going with whatever I hear a lot of hate on even if sales figures say otherwise. People sure as fuck are vocal.

5) Honestly I also don't really consume enough popular media to say I straight up hate something or not. I heard many cautions from my friends who know me that I would hate Sword Art Online and I've been steering clear of it based on the aggregate of information I get from them, but I can't say if I hate it or not because I haven't actually seen it and I've just avoided it. I guess I tend to dislike most of those bawdy humor movies as a genre--the ones with really cheap humor all the time that can be pretty gross--don't get me wrong, I like a well-timed dick joke, and I enjoyed Deadpool where I feel that's done really well, but I think most movies with that humor type just overdoes it and also feels super dumb. Friend took me to one once. Didn't really like it.

Edited by Thor Odinson

6.What three historical figures would you most like to go on a road trip with?
7.What three fictional heroes would you most like to go on a road trip with?
8.What three fictional villains would you most like to go on a road trip with?
9.Is humanity awesome, monstrous or completely irrelevant (please only select one)?
10.A Mega Pokémon you'd like to see? 

3 minutes ago, Jotari said:

6.What three historical figures would you most like to go on a road trip with?
7.What three fictional heroes would you most like to go on a road trip with?
8.What three fictional villains would you most like to go on a road trip with?
9.Is humanity awesome, monstrous or completely irrelevant (please only select one)?
10.A Mega Pokémon you'd like to see? 

6)

- Albert Einstein--I was gonna put down Newton bc I'm into calc, but then i did a google and apparently Newton didn't have a sense of humor. That doesn't make for a good road trip buddy. Apparently Einstein is super funny. I think physics is super interesting when I don't have to do it for a grade.
- Does Bruce Lee constitute as a historical figure by this point? He died before I was born? 
- Sojourner Truth because I just think she's super cool

7) Thor, Jotaro Kujo, and Ayra. I'm just gonna pick my favs. 

8) Which ones won't kill me?

Travant and Loki, maybe, though Loki might kill me. I'm not a threat to Thracia so Travant probably won't kill me. I'm thinking of the Jojo villains and all of them will probably kill me. Oh, I guess there's Archie from Alpha/Sapphire. He won't kill me he's just a fish nerd.

9) Hard question, because I definitely have mixed feelings about humanity's state, but I'll go with awesome in the end for all the cool technological advances we came up with from the start.

10) Wigglytuff. This is pure bias because it's my fav pokemon, but I'm always salty because it keeps on getting overlooked and overshadowed (statwise) for Clefable. Round bunny masterrace

I'm on mobile for a few days but uh would you do opinions on the two gifs in my profile? sorry >_> that I'm not accommodating this time....

Edited by Kloe

3 minutes ago, Kloe said:

I'm on mobile for a few days but uh would you do opinions on the two gifs in my profile? sorry >_> that I'm not accommodating this time....

They are round and moves, I guess? I mean my opinion is neutral if you didn't draw it and cool if you did.

1.Favourite part in Jojo?

2.Haven't read parts 7 or 8, do you recommend reading them?

3.Did you like part 6, especially its ending? And did it make you feel empty inside?

5 minutes ago, Magnificence Incarnate said:

1.Favourite part in Jojo?

2.Haven't read parts 7 or 8, do you recommend reading them?

3.Did you like part 6, especially its ending? And did it make you feel empty inside?

1) Between 2 and 3. 2 has my favorite story but Jotaro is my fav so I like to revisit part 3 more because I enjoy him the most. Joseph's there, anyway.

2) I haven't really read 8 either--life caught up and I didn't have time to. 7 is... interesting. I wouldn't say it's my favorite part, and there's pretty split opinions on it in the fandom. Some really like it, some don't. It's pretty whack, though, as Jojo parts tend to be. I'll catch up on 8 at some point. I'd read them just to have your own opinions on them.

3) I enjoyed most of part 6, except the ending. Fuck the ending.

I want an AU where Jotaro just punched Pucci as hard as he punched Dio, you know, like that time where Dio just exploded

saves everyone the trouble

I want the Kujos to be happy and the universe to not reset 

Edited by Thor Odinson

1. What are your opinions on Jojo parts 4 and 5 

2. Which Jojo part do you think is the most weakest in terms of plot, as well as characters?

3. Have you seen any movies that are so bad they're good?

4. Which is your favourite Jojo stand?

5. Which genre of video games do you like the most?

6. Which pokemon do you hate the most?

Ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Favorite Thor supporting character?

Favorite Asgardian hammer besides Mjolnir?

Opinion on Jane Foster taking up Thor's mantle?

Opinion on the BIG REVEAL in regards to what Nick Fury said to make Thor unworthy?

Edited by Rick Hunter's Magic Bike

11.First Fire Emblem game you ever played?
12.A new class you'd like to see introduced into the series?
13.On a scale of 1-10, how underappreciated is Glade (aka, the least popular Fire Emblem character by vote)?
14.Would you ever play an Iron Man mode in Fire Emblem (ie, the opposite of casual where you can't even reset upon character deaths)?
15.Say something nice about your least favourite Fire Emblem game.

4 hours ago, Flee Fleet! said:

1. What are your opinions on Jojo parts 4 and 5 

2. Which Jojo part do you think is the most weakest in terms of plot, as well as characters?

3. Have you seen any movies that are so bad they're good?

4. Which is your favourite Jojo stand?

5. Which genre of video games do you like the most?

6. Which pokemon do you hate the most?

1) Liked part 4, though I wish the Kira plot picked up sooner. Part 5 was ok, I didn't read a very good translation of it (think duwang, but less funny) so i can't really accurately say. I started on a Chinese translation that was better, but then i had to deal with grad school.

2) Plotwise it felt like it was part 5. I mean yeah part 1 is old but I like the relatively straightforward fight-the-goddamn-vampire thing. Part 6 ending still makes me rage, though. Characterwise I personally care the least about part 7--I remember liking a lot of part 8's cast before grad school was like "no entertainment forever" on me and I still need to go back to it, though.

3) I don't watch a lot of movies.

4) Starplat is the cutest. I feel like he's there to display how Jotaro actually feels about things--he's very emotive while Jotaro just keeps this straight face. It's a very nice contrast and I like how he enhances my read on Jotaro's character. Like I feel that despite not being a fully autonomous stand Starplat has quite a lot of personality to himself, as well. Designwise I am a big fan of Black Sabbath. The Renaissance Italy look is pretty baller. Stray cat is also really cute. I like Killer Queen a lot too. I blame those fanart with KQ acting super cat-like all the time for that. 

5) can't really say. Like I said earlier the only things I even play are FE, Pokemon, and Ass Creed, and all 3 is very different. I'm really not much of a gamer, honestly.

6) I can't think of anything off the top of my head. I'm pretty salty at Clefable for always trying to outclass Wigglytuff, but I wouldn't really say it's my least favorite, either. I'd still use it over many other mons. Mostly I just don't care about a lot of them. Don't feel strongly enough to hate. 

3 hours ago, Rick Hunter's Magic Bike said:

Ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Favorite Thor supporting character?

Favorite Asgardian hammer besides Mjolnir?

Opinion on Jane Foster taking up Thor's mantle?

Opinion on the BIG REVEAL in regards to what Nick Fury said to make Thor unworthy?

1) I don't dance.

2) Sif and Loki. 

3) Not a hammer, but I really like Jarnbjorn and Odinsword. Out of non-mjolnir hammers, Stormbreaker is the OG hammer replica. 

4) I'm actually gonna answer 4-5 at the same time. Given the big reveal I can see why they picked Jane now---since she's the most important mortal woman in the Thor cast, although I was rooting for one of the granddaughters when femThor was going to be a thing. The reveal is actually interesting in that I can see that Aaron did give this quite a lot of thought and is trying to set up this run the entire time. I do want Thor reunited with Mjolnir at some point without giving Jane the shaft, though. 

I've only really read the first volume of Jane!Thor before life happened, although I may read the rest of this retroactively. I do remember complaining about the lack of meaningful character development for Thor in Jane!Thor v1, though, but maybe it's better now, I don't know, can't make a judgement for things I haven't read. Jane!Thor herself had some quality lines at least. 

But I do remember having a bad taste for Jane being Thor just because so much of her character in Aaron's Thor prior to her becoming Thor was about rejecting all of Thor's attempts to help using divine powers and instead of dealing with cancer the human way, so that was a bit jarring.

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

11.First Fire Emblem game you ever played?
12.A new class you'd like to see introduced into the series?
13.On a scale of 1-10, how underappreciated is Glade (aka, the least popular Fire Emblem character by vote)?
14.Would you ever play an Iron Man mode in Fire Emblem (ie, the opposite of casual where you can't even reset upon character deaths)?
15.Say something nice about your least favourite Fire Emblem game.

11) FE8

12) I mean what hasn't been done at this point, though, I could be trolly and go with the fat bunny rider again, where you use all physical weapons and ride a huge fat bunny into battle but that's just me being facetious. Flier with bows is done, flier with magic is done. Dragon with magic is also done. I really just want girls with pants than any new class at this point. Give them pants.

13) a solid 7.

14) No. I did say I care about the characters, but that's not why I reset. I tend to play FE a little experimentally--for science, rather-- and I like to iteratively try different things until I get a strat I'm satisfied with , and something like Iron Man goes against that and I don't think I would enjoy it. Plus I make some plays that look risky but is very calculated, except if I accidentally misclick something it can wipe half my team---recently I had to redo a run of Heroes 9-5 because my finger slipped and moved Olivia on top of Reinhardt without dancing for him, which if I danced for him would give me the win (I replicated the run the second time without a finger slip fine), but because I misclicked my entire party got wiped. I fucking hate misclicks. I'm not going to punish myself because my hand slipped.

15) Shadow Dragon introduces reclass, which I enjoy for the flexibility of teambuilding (really I just want 12 Paladins) and was the first to have skip enemy phase. Granted it's not perfect in SD's iteration, but it was the start of something very good.

Edited by Thor Odinson

1. Opinions of the following:

a.300px-Meow_Wow_(Spirit)_KH3D.png

b.Flowbermeow_(Spirit)_KH3D.png

c.200px-Meowjesty_(Spirit)_KH3D.png

2. Favorite Eevee evolution?

3. Favorite Rotom forme?

4. Have you seen "Wake that slugabed up!"?

5. Did you know "slugabed" was a real word before seeing it used in Fates?

21 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

1. Opinions of the following:

a.300px-Meow_Wow_(Spirit)_KH3D.png

b.Flowbermeow_(Spirit)_KH3D.png

c.200px-Meowjesty_(Spirit)_KH3D.png

2. Favorite Eevee evolution?

3. Favorite Rotom forme?

4. Have you seen "Wake that slugabed up!"?

5. Did you know "slugabed" was a real word before seeing it used in Fates?

1) i don't know what the fuck that is

2) Umbreon

3) Rotom-Wash

4) If it's a fan video of some sort, no. I have seen its usage in Fates.

5) No