4: Just call me AL
2: Carmine Sword
1: King Marth 64

4 hours ago, Randoman said:

Motendra

4 hours ago, Kloe said:

WOOZY HASN'T BEEN NOMINATED?
second vote goes to Motendra

Motendra/Woozy/Lord HK was #28, so I'm not counting these nominations.
You may nominate someone else instead.

15 hours ago, Hattusili I said:

Nominations:
4: Just call me AL
2: Carmine Sword
1: King Marth 64

Motendra/Woozy/Lord HK was #28, so I'm not counting these nominations.
You may nominate someone else instead.

Ah, sorry. I searched "Hero King" and "Motendra" in the opening post, got nothing in the results, and assumed he didn't get an interview. My bad.

In that case, my second nomination is Zera.

How would you describe yourself, personality-wise?

How would your friends/family describe you, personality-wise?

What are the most recent episodes of Arrow, The Flash, and Legends of Tomorrow that you watched?

What order did you like the mane six in, again? From what I remember, it's Twilight, Rarity, Fluttershy, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, and Rainbow Dash, but I feel like I mixed it up somewhere in the second half of the list.

Are you lifting the 5 question limit for your interview?

1. Weirdest game you've ever heard of?

2. Have you heard of Maru the cat?

3. Favorite Rotom forme?

4. Favorite Eevee evolution?

5. Opinions of the following:

a.300px-Meow_Wow_(Spirit)_KH3D.png

b.Flowbermeow_(Spirit)_KH3D.png

c.200px-Meowjesty_(Spirit)_KH3D.png

10 hours ago, Kloe said:

impressions of the following:

a. ee06c1c24e.gif

b. e67647148a.gif

c. Levant copying this format yours truly

No comment.

7 hours ago, Randoman said:

How would you describe yourself, personality-wise?

I think of myself as logical, but also caring, hard-working, attentive, and loyal. But I'm also a bit quiet, though I do try to reach out and socialize on occasion. And I am also often respectful, though there have been times where I encountered a person that ended up losing my respect. I also have a tendency to speak out whatever's on my mind, though I do have a filter. And I do admit, I am a little geeky, considering the stuff I like. And I also get a bit competitive, even when I'm likely to lose in a competition. Overall, I consider myself a decent guy.

How would your friends/family describe you, personality-wise?

Not much different from how I described myself. Though they might mention that I kinda go "off the radar", you could say. One in particular describes me as being able to notice certain aspects about something that other people tend to miss. And they would also describe me as " funny". And considering what family I was born into, I could agree with that assessment. After all, I do have at least two cousins that are brothers that sometimes turn their conversations into an Abbot and Costello routine.

What are the most recent episodes of Arrow, The Flash, and Legends of Tomorrow that you watched?

From recent memory, I can't think of the episode titles off hand. But they were repeats anyways. One, IIRC, involved Felicity being a sort of hostage, and another involved Grodd. Don't know about Legends, though. It's been a while, so details aren't as fresh. And it doesn't help that one of my family members likes to change channels between commercials.

What order did you like the mane six in, again? From what I remember, it's Twilight, Rarity, Fluttershy, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, and Rainbow Dash, but I feel like I mixed it up somewhere in the second half of the list.

You got it for the most part. Just swap Dashie and Pinkie.

Are you lifting the 5 question limit for your interview?

I might as well. This seems interesting, and I'm pretty much only able to answer everything I'm asked when I get home anyways.

4 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

1. Weirdest game you've ever heard of?

Probably Toejam and Earl. Or Katamari Damacy.

2. Have you heard of Maru the cat?

Nope.

3. Favorite Rotom forme?

Probably Wash Form. Even if only for possessing no Electric or Ground weaknesses normally.

4. Favorite Eevee evolution?

Vaporeon. And that's partially because, in hindsight, some of the Pokémon I tend to favor are water types. And partially because of my prior fondness for certain blob monsters, as it does have an ability to melt at will, which is exhibited by the fact that it can use Acid Armor. (Unfortunately, I don't see much Vaporeon fanart that explores the blob-like aspect of it.) And it helps that it's a bit bulky.

5. Opinions of the following:

a.300px-Meow_Wow_(Spirit)_KH3D.png

b.Flowbermeow_(Spirit)_KH3D.png

c.200px-Meowjesty_(Spirit)_KH3D.png

No comment.

Edited by Just call me AL
Trying to remove formatting errors that arose from posting via phone.

For the most recent Flash episode that you watched involving Grodd, do you remember if it's the episode where Eddie gets held hostage or were you past that episode? I'm really wanting to know where you're at in the series, but I don't want to end up spoiling the future episodes with Grodd and in what seasons they happen.

What are your most unfavourite foods?

How's that... particular co-worker you told me about treating you and others these days?

Are you willing to do impressions questions? (eg: what did you think of me when you first met me on SF and what do you think of me now)

Lucina aside, who are your top 5 favourite FE characters in Awakening and your top 5 favourite FE characters in Fates?

If you could make yourself immune to any one of the seven capital sins, which one would you pick?

What physical and personality preferences do you have for a potential girlfriend/wife? I can't remember what yours were.

What were some of the first video games you played as a kid? I can't remember that either even though I feel like you answered that a while back.

1. Favorite of the classical and Chinese elements?

2. Which of the seven deadly sins and seven heavenly virtues do you relate to the most?

3. How were you introduced to Fire Emblem?

4. Do you have a favorite history or mythology to learn about?

5. Do you consider yourself a dreamer and theorist or do you stick to the facts and are down to earth?

Edited by Rex Glacies

1.Greatest achievement  in life thus far?
2.Something you think is really good but I likely have never heard of?
3.What book are you currently reading?
4.Furthest you've ever been from home?
5.The most beautiful thing you have ever seen?

22 hours ago, Randoman said:

For the most recent Flash episode that you watched involving Grodd, do you remember if it's the episode where Eddie gets held hostage or were you past that episode? I'm really wanting to know where you're at in the series, but I don't want to end up spoiling the future episodes with Grodd and in what seasons they happen.

I think it's the one you describe. But like I said, I can't remember much.

What are your most unfavourite foods?

Broccoli, string beans, regular beans, cream corn, cream donuts, jelly donuts, certain seafoods, tripe, anything with Alfredo Sauce, Mac & Cheese, mushrooms, and olives. I'm a little particular when it comes to food.

How's that... particular co-worker you told me about treating you and others these days?

He's left me alone for now. For the most part. He still opens up his mouth about a random topic, though.

Are you willing to do impressions questions? (eg: what did you think of me when you first met me on SF and what do you think of me now)

I might. On one hand, I find that to be an interesting idea. On the other hand, I'm not on often enough to form an impression about any new faces here.

Lucina aside, who are your top 5 favourite FE characters in Awakening

Olivia, Nowi, Maribelle, Inigo, and Laurent, at least off the top of my head.

and your top 5 favourite FE characters in Fates?

Camilla, Ryoma, Sakura, Elise, and Ophelia, at least off of the top of my head.

If you could make yourself immune to any one of the seven capital sins, which one would you pick?

Probably greed or lust. I feel like I'm the most vulnerable to those two.

What physical and personality preferences do you have for a potential girlfriend/wife? I can't remember what yours were.

For personality: Intelligent, although not to the extent of being a "know-it-all". Funny. Unafraid to tell her boyfriend/husband if he's in the wrong, no matter the consequences. And caring. For appearance: Cute, doesn't try too hard to make herself beautiful and sexy. Glasses and body weight is optional. But in the case of the latter, I wouldn't want my girlfriend to be obese.

What were some of the first video games you played as a kid? I can't remember that either even though I feel like you answered that a while back.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Tetris Attack, Super Mario Bros., Super Mario World, Super Mario Kart, Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Kirby Super Star, and Silent Service.

17 hours ago, Magillanica Lou Mayvin said:

Al Capone or Al Jarreau?

Capone, since I don't know who the other one is.

Is your UN a reference to this song?

Not intentionally.

Languages you would like to learn?

Spanish, due to my environment and my r/l friends. Italian and Polish because of my ancestry. And Japanese because of the games I play, the shows I watch, some of the sites I sometimes visit, and simply for visiting Japan one day.

Favorite videogame theme?

Generally speaking, I do like Link's theme, from The Legend of Zelda series.

Favorite five RPG games?

Xenoblade's the only specific listing here. Other than that, there's also Pokémon, Final Fantasy, Dark Cloud, and of course the obvious mention of Fire Emblem.

13 hours ago, Rex Glacies said:

1. Favorite of the classical and Chinese elements?

I don't actually have one. Not one that I can think of off hand at least.

2. Which of the seven deadly sins and seven heavenly virtues do you relate to the most?

Sins: Probably gluttony. Virtues: Probably patience.

3. How were you introduced to Fire Emblem?

Super Smash Bros. Melee, mainly. But I have also read a bit about it in Nintendo Power. Didn't start playing any game in the series until I got Path of Radiance, though.

4. Do you have a favorite history or mythology to learn about?

Irish. Not long ago, I've been looking up name etymologies because a Wiki site lacked them, and that exposed me to some legends that I didn't really know about. (Probably due to not having given some Irish mythological references some thought.) And, you don't hear about Irish mythology. And since I myself am part Irish...

5. Do you consider yourself a dreamer and theorist or do you stick to the facts and are down to earth?

A little bit of both, to be honest.

10 hours ago, Jotari said:

1.Greatest achievement  in life thus far?

Getting a college diploma.

2.Something you think is really good but I likely have never heard of?

Probably a game that I never got the chance to play, but was owned by one of my friends. I think it was called Galerians.

3.What book are you currently reading?

Nothing in particular right now.

4.Furthest you've ever been from home?

Would the nearest State count?

5.The most beautiful thing you have ever seen?

If you're talking about objects, there was some cave waterfalls. However, it wasn't something that I've seen in person.

My responses are in bold.

First and current impressions of me?

Do you have any favourite fictional characters that are very obscure and very few people would know of? (As in, 5% or less of people on SF would know who they are) If so, who are they?

Off the top of your head, who's the most tragic character in fiction you can think of and why?

Are there any hairstyles you particularly prefer? (eg: ponytails, long or short hair, straight or curly hair, etc.)

How good are you at resisting racist thoughts?

Who in Awakening and Fates did you marry?

What's your favourite colour?

If you're able to explain it well in words, why are you quite particular with food?

1: Obligatory "What are your first/current impressions of me?" question

2: Aspirations in life?

3: Opinion on kids, and do you plan to have any?

4: What is a movie, video game, etc that you like that everyone else hates?

5: What is a movie, video game, etc that you hate that everyone else likes?

On 4/5/2017 at 11:48 PM, Randoman said:

First and current impressions of me?

I can't remember much from when I first saw you, to be honest. But I think you had a good head on your shoulders then. And now, that part about you having a good head on your shoulders is a certainty.

Do you have any favourite fictional characters that are very obscure and very few people would know of? (As in, 5% or less of people on SF would know who they are) If so, who are they?

I think Walter Melon, the "superhero for hire". Or Ian Kelley from Being Ian. Other than that, I'm not sure.

Off the top of your head, who's the most tragic character in fiction you can think of and why?

It's either Lady Amalthea, Severus Snape, Princess Nyna, or Princess Dierdre. The former two, I don't want to describe for spoiler reasons. And the latter two have situations known by FE fans, but I don't know if this would be the thread for such detailed mention.

Are there any hairstyles you particularly prefer? (eg: ponytails, long or short hair, straight or curly hair, etc.)

Doesn't really matter to me. Though I'm not a fan of short or braided pigtails. And braided hair depends on who's wearing them to me.

How good are you at resisting racist thoughts?

Put it this way: Any such thoughts rarely if at all cross my mind. If such a thought does indeed do so, though, it's not intentional.

Who in Awakening and Fates did you marry?

Lucina and Nowi, so far with a Male Robin. Gerome and Chrom with a Female Robin. Niles with a Male Corrin. And Gunter with a Female Corrin.

What's your favourite colour?

Green, mainly. But I also like blue, black, and purple.

If you're able to explain it well in words, why are you quite particular with food?

It's a bit of a carry-over from my childhood. There are simply some foods that I don't think are born from a good tasting combination. Others, I don't find to taste good. And others that I think would taste like how it looks. 

On 4/5/2017 at 11:57 PM, Rezzy said:

1: Obligatory "What are your first/current impressions of me?" question

I wasn't sure what to think of you when I first saw you. But you're pretty reasonable. And you definitely have experience raising kids. You probably might be one of the first people aside from my own folks I ask for advice on child raising, should I have my own child. Not in person of course, but you know.

2: Aspirations in life?

Becoming either a voice actor, an animator, a beta tester, or a video game developer. And definitely an artist and a video editor on the side.

3: Opinion on kids, and do you plan to have any?

Some are annoying and spoiled. But others seem pretty wise beyond their years. And most are bundles of joy to be around. As for if I plan on having any, well, I plan on having a daughter with the woman I plan to marry. Although she doesn't share my enthusiasm about kids just yet, due to taking on constant babysitting duties involving helping care for her neighbor's own kids herself.

4: What is a movie, video game, etc that you like that everyone else hates?

I can't really think of anything that comes to mind, to be honest. I guess the MLP: FiM fanfic, Past Sins. Though that does have its fair share of fans.

5: What is a movie, video game, etc that you hate that everyone else likes?

Same as the previous question. But in this case, I guess the movie, Suicide Squad. But then again, that has its share of people who dislike it, I imagine.

15 hours ago, In The Beginning said:

1: What made you join Serenes Forest?

I just felt like joining. And the forum I was frequenting around then, formed by FE-Online forum members no less, was kinda becoming dead. So...

2: What are things about Fire Emblem that you don't like?

I guess the fact that some don't really do much to encourage good strategy. And those that allow grinding to be done between chapters, I feel, are particularly egregious about that. Especially since nowadays there's games like Valkyria Chronicles, which both allows grinding and encourages the player to develop good strategies for each map.

3: Have you done anything outlandish in life?

To be honest, I don't actually know. If I did, I wouldn't know what it was.

My responses are in bold.

6.What three historical figures would you most like to go on a road trip with?
7.What three fictional heroes would you most like to go on a road trip with?
8.What three fictional villains would you most like to go on a road trip with?
9.Is humanity awesome, monstrous or completely irrelevant (please only select one)?
10.A Mega Pokémon you'd like to see? 

How good are you at sidescrolling games? (Eg: Mario, Donkey Kong, Kirby) Are you able to defeat the final boss in most of them that you play?

I realized that I actually revealed a relatively big The Flash spoiler in that "Your Reaction to the Above Video" thread where I showed The Reverse Flash explaining his motives for being evil. You weren't too upset that I unwittingly spoiled that part, are you? Also, do feel any pity for The Reverse Flash at all for finding out through time travel that the man he idolized would become his greatest enemy? Here's the video again just in case.

Who's your favourite Disney princess? It better be Kuzco...

Since I remember you mentioning you were Christian a while back, what are you doing for your Lenten sacrifice?

Are there any games/game series you've always wanted to get into but couldn't? (whether it's because you don't have the right console, you couldn't find it in stores, you played it but it didn't interest you as much as you hoped it would)

Is there anything strange yet appropriate (as in, family friendly) you like reading up on or watching videos about? (Eg: unicycling, rare animals, robotics that may become mainstream)

Edited by Randoman

On 4/7/2017 at 0:40 AM, Jotari said:

6.What three historical figures would you most like to go on a road trip with?

Abraham Lincoln, Martin Luther King Jr, and Saladin. Never really thought about it, or the next two, though.

7.What three fictional heroes would you most like to go on a road trip with?

Jim Kirk, Largo Potter, and Hector Ostia

8.What three fictional villains would you most like to go on a road trip with?

Kahn Noonien Singh, Ganon, and Sephiroth.

9.Is humanity awesome, monstrous or completely irrelevant (please only select one)?

If I had to choose, awesome. Even though there are some not-so-awesome aspects about it.

10.A Mega Pokémon you'd like to see?

Maybe Mega Infernape, or Mega Dragonite. Don't really know, though.

On 4/7/2017 at 1:09 AM, Rezzy said:

6: Do you think serifs should be required on capital "I"s.

Not really. But they do help ease confusion.

On 4/7/2017 at 6:21 PM, Randoman said:

How good are you at sidescrolling games? (Eg: Mario, Donkey Kong, Kirby) Are you able to defeat the final boss in most of them that you play?

Pretty decent. And I do often get up to Bowser in Mario games. And in a most recent example, in Kirby: Planet Robobot, I got to see a moment reminiscent of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

I realized that I actually revealed a relatively big The Flash spoiler in that "Your Reaction to the Above Video" thread where I showed The Reverse Flash explaining his motives for being evil. You weren't too upset that I unwittingly spoiled that part, are you?

No. You didn't know you were. So you couldn't have known. And you weren't obnoxious about it either. Not much reason to get mad.

Also, do feel any pity for The Reverse Flash at all for finding out through time travel that the man he idolized would become his greatest enemy? Here's the video again just in case.

In a sense. I definitely feel like it's messed up either way.

Who's your favourite Disney princess?

Probably Belle. Or Sofia. Or Elena. 

It better be Kuzco...

Don't worry. He's a favorite too.

Since I remember you mentioning you were Christian a while back, what are you doing for your Lenten sacrifice?

Staying away from the jerky. Even though I wouldn't eat it anyways on Fridays.

Are there any games/game series you've always wanted to get into but couldn't? (whether it's because you don't have the right console, you couldn't find it in stores, you played it but it didn't interest you as much as you hoped it would)

.hack, but that was because I didn't know what I was doing. If I get into it now, though (thank goodness that the PS4's "Virtual Console" can play PS2 games), I should be able to progress more than I did before. And play the continuations too. Wanted to do so anyways since playing Project X Zone. There's also Lunar, but I do plan on changing that. Just didn't get into it, though I got one of the games.

Is there anything strange yet appropriate (as in, family friendly) you like reading up on or watching videos about? (Eg: unicycling, rare animals, robotics that may become mainstream)

Does anything that a PBS documentary go over count? Because that station does have some interesting documentaries on it from time to time. Be it about animals (I definitely like the one about Honey Badgers), music (from Celtic Woman to pop culture music), or even about an aspect of today's culture (A superhero comics history documentary? Featuring Adam West and Stan Lee? Yes please).

Responses are in bold

Have you watched all the EG films?

Do you know Pinkie Pie's full name (which, to my knowledge, only got mention in one episode)?

Most troublesome level in a strategy game?

Most troublesome video game boss?

Favorite stage in Smash?

Favorite and least favorite FE classes and skills and why?

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Nominations for #120 are open.
Nomination ends next Tuesday.

A re-interview is allowed this round.

You may nominate one user who has already had an interview before. Please read the rules on re-interviews for more information.

Just call me AL may answer the remaining questions.

6 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Have you watched all the EG films?

No. I did watch half, though.

Do you know Pinkie Pie's full name (which, to my knowledge, only got mention in one episode)?

Pinkamena Dianne Pie

Most troublesome level in a strategy game?

Desert maps in FE. And maps with a Valkyria or a V2 in the VC series.

Most troublesome video game boss?

Has got to be the Metal Sonic prototype and Eggman in Sonic the Hedgehog 2.

Favorite stage in Smash?

The Pokémon Stadium stages. Also, Shadow Moses Island, and Palutena's Temple.

Favorite and least favorite FE classes and skills and why?

My favorite classes are basically anything that can either ride a mount or use magic. I always found magic to be cool, and it helps that it targets a generally weak stat. And the versatility of mounted units are so great, I feel that a player would be insane to pass it up. Least favorite classes would be Archer and Armor Knight. Archer because it's hard to maneuver them into a position where they can gain the EXP they need to become stronger and come out alive, and Armor Knight because it's hard to move them from point A to point B quickly enough and they're slow. For skills, Galeforce is a good one due to allowing it's user move again after defeating an enemy. It really reminds me of Double Action and Hard Worker from Valkyria Chronicles. And Vantage since it opens up some more strategies, both offensive and defensive. And Luna, Astra, Dragon Fang, and Aether due to me wanting to do more damage. And Paragon, Future Sight, and Veteran for the EXP boost they provide. Least favorite skills would be Miracle due to being useless in most of the games it's in, Life or Death due to it being a double-edged sword, and Aptitude due to being nothing more than a space taker despite the growth boost.

Responses are in bold.