SF Interviews 2.0 - Florete

Julius Nepos

66. worst thing you've ever done in an eimm??? worst is up to u to interpret

67. anything you're embarrassed to like??

68. something good that happened to you TODAY

69. hobbies you want to pick up??

70. how often do you finger gun

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

71. what is the lowest amount of money you'd play russian roulette for "jokes on you i want to die" ok but for the sake of this question pretend that u dont

72. thoughts on cologne and perfume?

73. thoughts on makeup?

74. favourite + least favourite day of the week!!

75. what video game has your favourite ost

btw sorry if im asking any dupe questions, i tried ctrl+f'ing your interview just in case but i may have missed some things 

Edited by sunday
stan luna

12 hours ago, Magnificence Incarnate said:

We probably don't talk as much because I use skype more than discord while you like discord more.

1.Tbh I didn't think you were the optimistic type. Since you say that we're similar, we need to talk sometime about our VIEWS ON HUMANITY. My pessimism vs your optimism. Whaddya say?

2.Should I watch Little Witch Academia?

3.Do you like university more than school? If so, why? Would you prefer working instead?

4.What are your top 5 mafia moments?

5.If you could have one superpower, what would it be?

6.What element do you think fits you the most?

Right, that makes sense.  I do hate Skype.

1. Sounds good to me.  Honestly though, they're both understandable viewpoints.

2. Yeah, neither of the movies (at least) have any of the cringeworthy anime stuff that would put you off.  It also helps that they're pretty good on their own right, of course.  Also the main character is amazing.  I know I said that before, but I'm saying it again anyways.

3. Not particularly.  It's just school except harder and it makes me depressed and question my life more.  Yeah, I'd prefer working because getting money is good.

4. Fake dayvigging Randa before actually dayvigging him, claiming Town Survivor as an ITP and having people buy it, tracking Objection on the night that he killed me, winning Kirby Mafia by idling for the last three days/nights, and that one EiMM game I won by telling everyone what to do with no one questioning me.

5. Clarity, because apparently that's a super power.  It'd make my life a lot easier if I could just intuit how to do things.

6. Water, because I took an online quiz and that's what it said that I am.  Most of what it said seems right, anyways.

12 hours ago, Jotari said:

16.Favorite Bond movie?
17.Favorite Disney movie?
18.Favorite Shakespeare play?
19.Favorite Queen song?
20.Favorite Harry Potter character?

16. I don't particularly like Bond movies.  I've watched a few of them and they were okay, but I don't remember much about them.

17. Inside Out, because it had a really creative premise that made me think about my own life.  Also it's entertaining, of course.

18. Same deal as with the Bond movies.

19. Don't Stop Me Now, probably.

20. Hermione Granger, because she had to do more work than anyone else to be good at magic and it's very inspirational.

8 hours ago, Namekian With A Mustache said:

Did you know I still associate you with that Delita avatar you used years ago?

1. I'm just glad I picked a good first avatar, then!

8 hours ago, sunday said:

lmao nah i just really love everyone =)

sounds unhealthy

56. would u ever dye your hair

57. any abnormal or unique habits?

58. do you prefer to hide or seek

59. your favourite childhood game??

60. pick a number 1-13 this is rly important

56. Probably not, I like my natural hair colour and I'm also way too lazy to dye my hair.

57. Not particularly.  I think I'd get bored of doing the same thing the same way every time.

58. Hiding, because it's a lot easier.

59. Pokemon Red.  I was ridiculously into Pokemon as a whole, so it makes sense that I also played the game a lot as well.

60. 7.  I just need to pick two more 7's and I'm going to win big, aw yeah.

61. your favourite avatar youve had so far??

62. favourite fictional character?

63. what kind of traits in fictional characters do you tend to like

64. favourite clothing pattern?

65. seemingly useless things you like to keep around you anyway??

also i noticed ur response to kittys 3-character question and frankly im disappointed that you didnt pick joshua for twewy as well "why" itd be funny

61. My current one, otherwise it wouldn't be my avatar!  My favorite past one off the top of my head is this, though.  Exactly like me but more handsome, perfect.

EDIT Yup, changed my mind.  It's definitely this.  Literally the perfect avatar.

62. I suck at answering questions like these because I know I'm going to regret my answer like five minutes later.  Uh...Joshua from TWEWY, probably.  He's such a smartass, but I can appreciate his worldview as well.  Also his appearance in Another Day is one of the greatest things ever.

63. Boobs.  Oh, wait, you probably meant personality traits.  Uh...still boobs.  Seriously, though, the great thing about fictional characters is that any traits can be interesting if they're written well enough.  I find myself tending towards characters who are snarky because that lends itself to more interesting interactions with other characters.  I'm not sure if this is a personality trait per se, but I also really appreciate characters who don't take themselves too seriously.  It takes me out of the experience when there's one character who's being an edgelord for no explainable reason.    Hardworking and determined characters also make for good protagonists, because I prefer it when protagonists are proactive rather than reactive.  In general, I love character flaws as well, although I'm not sure there are specific ones that appeal to me.

64. I don't have one, unfortunately.

65. Other people. =)  I also like minerals because they look pretty (like this).

Do you know what's funny?  My initial answer was Joshua (Trails), Joshua (TWEWY), and Joshua (FE8).  The best part is that it'd still describe my personality.

66. worst thing you've ever done in an eimm??? worst is up to u to interpret

67. anything you're embarrassed to like??

68. something good that happened to you TODAY

69. hobbies you want to pick up??

70. how often do you finger gun

66. Lose.  I'm more selfish than I appear, so as long as I win, I'm satisfied with how the game turned out.

67. Not particularly.  I'm generally uncomfortable telling people what I like until I get to know them, though.

68. I ate noodles!  Noodles are love.  Noodles are life.

EDIT I ate ate a really good Italian pizza place today!  Pizza is love.  Pizza is life.

69. Making a journal or a Youtube channel could be fun.

70. A decent amount?  I've never really counted, it's just a hand position that's kinda fun to do, so I unconsciously do it.

71. what is the lowest amount of money you'd play russian roulette for "jokes on you i want to die" ok but for the sake of this question pretend that u dont

72. thoughts on cologne and perfume?

73. thoughts on makeup?

74. favourite + least favourite day of the week!!

75. what video game has your favourite ost

btw sorry if im asking any dupe questions, i tried ctrl+f'ing your interview just in case but i may have missed some things 

71. All of the money in the world + 1.  I'm probably underselling myself here, though.

72. I don't particularly like either of them.  They have this really artificial smell that annoys me.

73. It looks good on other people.  I don't think girls should be forced to wear makeup for like jobs and interviews, though, that's a pain in the ass.

74. Friday is my favorite, because it's the start of something beautiful.  Monday is the worst because fuck Mondays.

75. The World Ends With You.  The entire soundtrack has this really energetic vibe to it that gets me pumped up to beat some noise; not to say it doesn't do good at setting the mood when appropriate, because it does.  I should probably mention that like all favourite questions, my answer is liable to change depending on what day it is, because I'm very bad at picking favorites.

I hope none of them are duplicates otherwise I'm going senile and I don't know it.

EDIT

4 hours ago, PKLucas531 said:

2. what is the lowest amount of money you'd (purchase and) play russian roulette (by red velvet) on itunes for

2. $1.28.  Looks like they just lost a sale!

Edited by Refa

Actually, I just forgot to answer it whoops.

6 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Are you ever going to finish this?

1. I'd like too, although I'm a bit too busy for such an endeavor at the moment.

Edited by Refa

1: Impression of me, if any?

2: Aspirations in life?

3: Opinion on kids, and do you plan to have any?

4: What is a movie, video game, etc that you like that everyone else hates?

5: What is a movie, video game, etc that you hate that everyone else likes?

1. Top 10 games? State eloquently why they are so.
2. What about top 10 animes? Ditto.
3. What are your ideals when it comes to game design? As in, what exactly do you hold to be good, what are the boundaries of all the different things in games, how do they interact with each other, how much they can make up for the other, and what's intolerable? Those are just a few examples I could think up, so if you have anything else, go for it!
4. What is your dream Neo Kobe Pizza that you haven't tried yet?
5. What's your favourite OGR piece besides FAKE?
6. First and current impressions of Makaze?
7. I won't ask one for myself.

I haven't looked to see if any have been asked yet, but I'm MOST CERTAIN they haven't been.

Edited by Nightmare

WOW it's a Refa

How do you feel about your immense Internet ~popularity~?

What's your daily routine like?

Biggest aspiration/dream?

how 2 fix sleep schedule, pls help

Well yeah both viewpoints are valid but optimism is preferable. PLEASE CHANGE MY WAYS, SENPAI!

1.What are your worst 5 mafia moments?

2.Most memorable moment of SFMafia in general?

3.Favourite mafia player?

4.Why are you sooooooo popular?

15 hours ago, Rezzy said:

1: Impression of me, if any?

2: Aspirations in life?

3: Opinion on kids, and do you plan to have any?

4: What is a movie, video game, etc that you like that everyone else hates?

5: What is a movie, video game, etc that you hate that everyone else likes?

First: Finally, someone else who realizes how great MSPaint avatars are.

Current: You're way more successful than anyone else I know on this site!  Also you're one of the few people who makes posts on SD and I find myself mostly agreeing with your views.  I don't know you particularly well beyond that and your hatred of uh Sanaki (?) though.

2. I have several!

-I want to be notable enough to have my own Wikipedia page and have it not taken down.

-I want to create a great game that everyone remembers for years to come.  Then another.  Heck, just one mo-

-When I die, I want everyone I ever interacted to think "my life would be significantly worse without Refa".  That'll be pretty hard, but since I could die at any time, I should probably work very hard on this one.

3. I appreciate how kids are impressed by everything and haven't learned how to become dead inside yet.  However, I'd never want to be a parent because 1) I'd be bad at it, I can barely take care of myself and I'm pretty sure I'm not doing a good job of that and 2) I'm too selfish to value someone else's happiness over my own.

4. I liked the latter Pirates of the Carribean movies even though everyone seemed to hate them.  They were jaunty adventures filled with wacky hijinks, so I'm not sure what exactly they did significantly worse than the first movie.  All of them are clearly inferior to the Disney Land ride anyways.

5. Animal Crossing, because playing it felt like watching my life drain away in some sort of purgatory.  You never make any progress, so everything feels like a futile effort.  When combined with the fact that you're basically doing chores, it makes me question my own life choices.  It has similar elements to Rune Factory, but I appreciate stuff like that more because the goal is to find a cute fiance I mean, build a cool farm and get successful.  Still, for all of its failing, Animal Crossing Wild World did inspire basically the best LP of all time, so I can't hate it tooooooo much.

5 hours ago, Nightmare said:

1. Top 10 games? State eloquently why they are so.
2. What about top 10 animes? Ditto.
3. What are your ideals when it comes to game design? As in, what exactly do you hold to be good, what are the boundaries of all the different things in games, how do they interact with each other, how much they can make up for the other, and what's intolerable? Those are just a few examples I could think up, so if you have anything else, go for it!
4. What is your dream Neo Kobe Pizza that you haven't tried yet?
5. What's your favourite OGR piece besides FAKE?
6. First and current impressions of Makaze?
7. I won't ask one for myself.

I haven't looked to see if any have been asked yet, but I'm MOST CERTAIN they haven't been.

Whoa, I'm surprised you made a post!

1. IOU a Top 10.  Wanted to get this post out as soon as possible since I need to do things, and this question will require a lot of thought.

2. This question will probably require less thought, but the same probably applies.  Sorry for the wait, hopefully it'll be worth it haha.

3. This should be fairly easy.

1- The game needs to have a purpose.  That purpose doesn't need to be particularly profound; could be something as simple as "hey, these problems really held back our last game, so if we fix them this time, then this will be a DAMN FINE GAME SON".  I just find that when games are lacking this and just exist because of demand, they tend to suffer as a result.  That's probably why people are so enamored with Indie games, because their developers really feel like they're doing something special.  Additionally, when a game has purpose, it's easier to create a more focused product based on that.  For example, take Mega Man 8.  The developers clearly knew how to make a Mega Man game, and it had some damn fine visuals to boot (the elevator music was, ah, bit a more divisive).  However, it fell flat IMO because it lacked some kind of creative direction other than "this is a Mega Man platformer, guys".  There are gimmicks in the stages everywhere, and they don't really add any particularly novel experiences or teach you how to be better at the game.  Instead, they seem to exist purely because they didn't want to create "just another Mega Man stage".  This isn't a bad motivation in and of itself, but it needs to be something other than change for its own sake.  Novelties are easily forgotten, inspired game design lasts forever.

2- The game needs to be as convenient as possible under the constraints of that purpose.  There are so many games that don't let you change your controls or skip cutscenes.  I can appreciate that you value your story super highly, but if I lose my progress for whatever reason and can't skip the cutscenes, I'm gonna be demotivated.  It's also super depressing when there's a great game that doesn't get as much exposure as it could just because it's kind of inconvenient to actually play.  Seriously, every game should include a Skip Cutscene button.  For the most part, games should have as many saves as possible; longer games benefit from some form of autosaving as well.  There are times when accessibility cannot be a priority, such as how the middling controls of Silent Hill really add to the looming sense of danger that you feel, but those are more often than not the exception rather than the rule.

3- For modern action games, the frame rate needs to be at 60FPS (turn RPGs are exempt because the frame rate doesn't have a direct impact on the gameplay; those games benefit more from just having a consistent frame rate, as a janky one can really take you out of the experience which kind of defeats the purpose of an RPG to begin with!).  This was more excusable for older games because they had technological constraints to deal with and were trying to work against that to create something truly incredible.  However nowadays, there's no excuse for poor optimization and a preference for graphical fidelity over gameplay (if the developers cared that much, they'd create a better looking 30FPS option VS a worse looking 60FPS one).  Don't get me wrong, there are still good modern action games that don't run at 60FPS.  The important distinction, though, is that they're good in spite of not running at 60FPS, and certainly aren't better for it.  There are very few action oriented games that interest me despite not meeting this standard, and by very few I just mean Nier, because I really can't think of any others.

4- The game needs to teach the user the rules of play by using the gameplay itself.  Obviously there are times when this can't be done (such as intricate RPG mechanics), but even those can make an effort to make the tutorials diaegetic (AKA they make sense in universe as well).  One of my favourite examples is the FF7 tutorial.  See, Cloud Strife thinks he's hot shit, so he actually gives tutorials to scrub NPC's instead of the other way around, and I love that.  This is not only a more elegant way of teaching new players to play the game, but it also makes returning players appreciate the game more.  I'm more likely going to want to play Mega Man X's elegant intro stage that teaches everything you need to know within the first five minutes of playing Mega Man X5's, which teaches everything you couldn't care less about via a forced textbox that interrupts your gameplay every five minutes.

5- Ideally, the game would be great artistically.  I don't think the graphical style necessarily needs to be gorgeous (although that helps, don't get me wrong), but it needs to stand out on its own and fit with the themes that the developers are trying to present.  I love Trails of Cold Steel to bits, but man, the muted visual style of that game was not a good choice.  It has a decent (if not a tad generic) art style, but the in game graphics just don't do that justice.  It doesn't hurt that they replaced the incredibly expressive 2D portraits of the Sky games with lame ass close ups of the characters' in game models.  I could be here all day talking about Trails, so I'm just going to move on now.  Music is a tricky one, because it changes depending on the genre.  In games where the atmosphere is paramount, such as Silent Hill, you'd definitely want more ambiant music for the most part, even when it isn't the most listenable thing ever.  If this isn't the case, though, then my preference is for some rad tunes that don't clash with what I'm doing.  In FE1, for example, it felt incredibly jarring to be hearing the jaunty first map theme when Marth is climbing Gharnef's perilous tower.  Decent tune in its own right; just doesn't fit!  Obviously, what can be considered "fitting" is even more subjective than the rest of my spiel about game design is, but it's something that I would at least appreciate if the developers put actual thought into.

6- This is hard to quantify, but the developers need to give the impression that they really cared about the game.  This can be as easy as adding in an extra character ala Symphony of the Night to adding in a ridiculous amount detail to the items that you acquire and the environments you traverse ala...Symphony of the Night, again.  You can really tell when games have this because they have this extra sense of polish to certain things.  For example, in Chrono Trigger, I got the impression that the developers put an insane amount of time designing the dungeons, because they needed to balance encounters being enemies that actually inhabit space within the dungeon with creating a breezy and not grindy sloggy experience.  Not only does this subtly enhance the user experience, but it can lead to these precious moments where the user discovers something great that they didn't initially expect and become enamored with the game.  For example, in the first Shin Megami Tensei game, you have this dog named Pascal.  Early on, you can get your dog to join you, even though it doesn't help in combat or really do much of anything.  However, should the player decide to go off the beaten path to the Jakyou Manor, the player can find out that they can fuse their beloved pet with any of their demons.  Cruel?  A bit, but it's definitely worth it considering that doing so gives you a ridiculously overleveled demon in the form of Cerberus.  At least when I found out about this, I thought it was really cool that the developers took the time to flesh out something that a lot of players going in blind would have undoubtedly missed (especially considering you don't have a particularly large window of time to recruit Pascal).  It's clear that the developers at least thought this was rad, because it's been referenced several times in future SMT games.  Perhaps sparks of inspiration would be a better term for what I'm talking about here, although love would work as well.  An important thing to note is that you don't want to include too many secrets that the user can miss forever, otherwise they'll feel like they're not getting the full experience by playing normally (the Trails series really skirts the line in this regard, but I think it ultimately errs on the good side).  Might be useful to quantify the secrets in that case, and create something that lets the player see which ones they have yet to find.  Anyways, I'm rambling at this point, so moving on....

7- This applies more for RPGs than anything else (although it can definitely work for other genres, depending on the game), but the game benefits greatly from having good worldbuilding.  An interesting world that feels real and lived in can help draw you into the experience, and subsequently get more caught up in the main plot.  Something to note is that a game not being dialogue heavy is no excuse for shoddy worldbuilding; look no further than the likes of Super Metroid and the Castlevania games for some exemplary examples of worldbuilding through the environment (I hear Dark Souls does this well too, but I can't vouch for that sorry).  Something that ties into this is good characters.  If the game doesn't have likeable or at the very least interesting characters, the player isn't going to be as invested in it.  Now, a not insignificant part of that is up to the character design, which can be a tricky business, but even their portrayal in game plays a big role in the players' enjoyment of the character.  I can't tell you how many character designs that I adored (MMX's incarnation of Iris, for example) that simply fell flat because their role in the game itself was unbelievably stupid/their characterization didn't live up to the character design.  The thing about good characters is that it's easier for them to exist when there's a good setting for them to inhabit; setting plays a huge part in what shapes people, after all.  The best part is that these same good characters will give back to the setting; you can have the most interesting setting in the world and still fail to garner interest just because there aren't any characters to latch onto.  A good setting is something that can be appreciated from afar, but good characters are what people really get attached too in the end.  We're only human, after all.

8- The game needs to reward mastery (note that some genres and specific games are exempt from this; there's more than enough room in the industry for games that you can relax too and I wouldn't want to take that away from anyone).  Beating a game once feels good, you (ideally) get this rush from having accomplished something that you spent 2-200 hours of your life on and get this sense of catharsis that's unmatched by other mediums just due to the interactive nature of games.  Depending on how good the game is and how much you liked it, you might not quite be ready to leave the game yet.  Perhaps there's something that you missed, or maybe you just want to push the game to its limits.  The latter mentality is something that developers don't reward often enough, and that's a damn shame.  Games often feel like such a "one and done" affair nowadays (perhaps due to how popular game reviewing outlets review games in a similar fashion), which leaves harder difficulty modes and the like (the ones that are supposed to reward dedicated players with a challenge of their mastery of the game) underdeveloped at the end.  There's nothing wrong with beating a game once and being done with it forever (and don't get me wrong, for some games like the Phoenix Wright series, that is perfectly fine), but it loses a lot of staying power that way.  There are several ways to go about this, but they all need to make replays as convenient as possible.  Even if the game didn't let you skip cutscenes the first time around (god forbid), there's no excuse for not letting you do so on replays.  Allowing you to skip tutorials goes a big way in making them replayable as well.  The more replayable a game is, the more motivated a player will be to master it just as a consequence of playing it so damn much.  After that, there are two schools of thought when it comes to rewarding mastery: Artificial and natural.  Artificial mastery can mean anything from extra difficulty levels to optional content.  Despite the name that I coined, it's just as important as natural, and a lot easier to implement to boot.  This is because it helps the user understand that the developers did put time and effort into encouraging and rewarding skilled play.  Natural mastery is more a consequence of creating an interesting game over anything else.  If a game has interesting and fun mechanics that the player improves at over time, it will probably reward mastery as well.  I realize that's not the most eloquent statement ever, so I'll try to convey it better through example.  Devil May Cry 4 is a mess of a game; actually, I should probably say "mess of a half game" because it's not even finished.  Despite this, people have played it repeatedly due to the amazing in depth combat mechanics which take a lot of time and effort to master.  On the flip said, DmC: Devil May Cry is definitely a more well realized game, but the shoddy combat mechanics (in addition to the new Dante being a lame ass twat, but that's neither here nor there) didn't incentive dedicated players to git gud in the same way that DMC4 did.  Now, don't get me wrong, rewarding mastery doesn't always need to be skill based.  For example, take Pokemon.  A lot of the mastery involved in that is simply learning what everything does and what's the right time to use it, and there's nothing wrong with that approach if it's done well.

9- The game needs to have a good flow.  I can't tell you how many times I've stopped playing because I've either encountered a road block or the game entered a prolonged tedious segment.  It's not just me, either, I've heard this story from countless people when I asked them "so why did you stop playing [insert game here]".  Of course, very rarely will a game be able to accommodate a perfect flow, for better or for worse.  If a game just lets you breeze through it without thought and/or challenge, then it's doing its job wrong IMO.  Don't get me wrong, you can still get a good game from having a consistent difficulty level that progressively escalates as the game goes on...you just won't have a particularly memorable one.  I've noticed that the moments that people tend to latch on to are the ones that don't conform to the traditional model.  Of course, too many of these "diversions" and you just have a game with bad flow.  A truly great game would need to reconcile having a more accepted method of progression with these moments that change it up, whether they be particularly challenging set pieces or a breathers after a particularly skill intensive portion of the game.  How a game can achieve doing this depends significantly on the game in question, moreso than anything else on this list.  For example, if there were several frustrating levels in a row in a Mario game, I might not be motivated to continue on.  That's why these games have mastered spacing out these stages, so I can still enjoy the struggle without getting the impression that I'm not making any progress.  Fire Emblem (kept you waiting for me to mention this series, huh) does this as well.  For example, in FE7, the Dread Island chapters get progressively harder until you bust a cap in Darin and tearfully watch as Eliwood's dad dies the tragedy is real etc. etc.  However, the next stage after (the one where you get Ninian, for people who don't remember) is a relatively relaxed Fog of War chapter with a lot of breathing room.  This allows the player to relax instead of constantly being on edge; the harder difficulties of FE12 and FE14 really fail in this regard IMO.  Movies do something similar to this as well, but I don't really know enough about them to say anything other than I know it's a thing for them to have a release of tension every now and again (you can't be continuously hyped throughout the whole endeavor without getting worn out, after all).

10- The game needs to be SUPER MARIO BROS 2. BABY STILL THE KING STILL THE KING AFTER ALL OF THESE YEARS.

4. This seems super redundant, but I'd love to try Neo Kobe Pizza but with Cheese Fondue instead of the soup.  There's probably some soup that would taste great as well, but I'm pretty ignorant on soups as a whole, so none come to mind that I haven't either already tasted or hate.

5. Captain Neo.  It perfectly embodies this strident "GO FORTH AND SAVE THE WORLD" hype feeling you get from the first stage of shmups before all of your hopes and dreams are relentlessly beaten to the ground in the later stages.  Good stuff.

First: Didn't like him.  Something about the way he talked rubbed me the wrong way, and some of his QotD questions felt really questionable.

Current: He's pretty okay.  Maybe it's just because I've talked to him more, but he comes across as a lot less uptight.  Also the mood of his posts seem different as well, like he's more relaxed.

7. It's okay, you obviously want me too!

First: Liked you because we basically bonded over our similar tastes in games.  You were probably the first mod that I thought was easy to talk too, although later on I discovered that all mods are actually easy to talk too whew.

Current: You're still pretty great in my eyes.  I respect you more as a person since I know you a lot better in that regard now, of course.  However, I also noticed a huge character flaw, which is that you don't have a better mic.  Gotta get on that, bro.  Oh, and also move to America/Canada IMO no bias or anything.

4 hours ago, Iris said:

WOW it's a Refa

How do you feel about your immense Internet ~popularity~?

What's your daily routine like?

Biggest aspiration/dream?

how 2 fix sleep schedule, pls help

And just like any good ol' fashioned plumber, my expertise is in giving therapy to masochists and murdering turtles, standard rates apply.

1. It really confuses me!  I just act like myself, and I was under the impression that that was an abrasive jerk, but people like that anyways?  I don't get it.

2. I wake up early (or late, depending), say that I'm going to work all day but end up playing video games/goofing off on the internet instead, and then finally start working on my classes from ~4PM onwards.

3. Probably the one about being remembered as the coolest (especially important if I'm part of a trolley problem in the near future).

4. You asked literally the worst person of all time for this.  Anyone else would have been better!  Your cat would have been better, and it's a cat!

3 hours ago, Magnificence Incarnate said:

Well yeah both viewpoints are valid but optimism is preferable. PLEASE CHANGE MY WAYS, SENPAI!

1.What are your worst 5 mafia moments?

2.Most memorable moment of SFMafia in general?

3.Favourite mafia player?

4.Why are you sooooooo popular?

That's true, but I don't think I'm particularly great at convincing people.

1. Fucking up as Town Leader and giving the sheet to mafia, fucking up as Town Leader again and giving the sheet to Cop and telling him he could trust mafia, claiming bomb as ITP (even though I should have won as that 1v1 as mafia because my claim wasn't fucking redundant with a town role and also it wasn't Rolecop fite me Euklyd), lynching Psych in SFMM because he was in a 1v1 w/the Cult Leader and his claim was way more believable and I was a fucking idiot, and lynching Shin over Prims in Inception even though Prims was an untrustworthy shit I'M SORRY SHIN.

2. Every time Elieson makes a fakeclaim TBH.

3. SB/BBM, because we think similarly in a lot of ways and it's fun to bounce off of them.

4. /shrug.  Honestly, I'm not very good at self-aggrandizing, so you'd have to ask one of the people who actually likes me.

Edited by Refa

1 hour ago, Refa said:

First: Finally, someone else who realizes how great MSPaint avatars are.

Current: You're way more successful than anyone else I know on this site!  Also you're one of the few people who makes posts on SD and I find myself mostly agreeing with your views.  I don't know you particularly well beyond that and your hatred of uh Sanaki (?) though.

2. I have several!

-I want to be notable enough to have my own Wikipedia page and have it not taken down.

-I want to create a great game that everyone remembers for years to come.  Then another.  Heck, just one mo-

-When I die, I want everyone I ever interacted to think "my life would be significantly worse without Refa".  That'll be pretty hard, but since I could die at any time, I should probably work very hard on this one.

3. I appreciate how kids are impressed by everything and haven't learned how to become dead inside yet.  However, I'd never want to be a parent because 1) I'd be bad at it, I can barely take care of myself and I'm pretty sure I'm not doing a good job of that and 2) I'm too selfish to value someone else's happiness over my own.

4. I liked the latter Pirates of the Carribean movies even though everyone seemed to hate them.  They were jaunty adventures filled with wacky hijinks, so I'm not sure what exactly they did significantly worse than the first movie.  All of them are clearly inferior to the Disney Land ride anyways.

5. Animal Crossing, because playing it felt like watching my life drain away in some sort of purgatory.  You never make any progress, so everything feels like a futile effort.  When combined with the fact that you're basically doing chores, it makes me question my own life choices.  It has similar elements to Rune Factory, but I appreciate stuff like that more because the goal is to find a cute fiance I mean, build a cool farm and get successful.  Still, for all of its failing, Animal Crossing Wild World did inspire basically the best LP of all time, so I can't hate it tooooooo much.

I see you have good taste, lol.

4: I think all the Pirates films for what they are, just some good mindless fun.

5: Back in the day, me and my sister played Animal Crossing for the GameCube pretty much every day for over a year.  I got the other ones up to the Wii one, but never got into it quite as much as then.  It's hard to play those games that need to be played every day.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

5: Back in the day, me and my sister played Animal Crossing for the GameCube pretty much every day for over a year.  I got the other ones up to the Wii one, but never got into it quite as much as then.  It's hard to play those games that need to be played every day.

I had the same issue with commitment, which made it hard for me to stay engaged.

17 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

6. Do you know your Myers-Briggs personality type, and if so, does it fit you?

7. Any personal philosophy or mindset you try to stick to?

6. INFP, also known as Mediator.  It definitely does, especially the parts about withdrawing if things get too stressful.  It's kind of scary how accurate it is, honestly...

7. "If it's worth doing, then it's worth doing well."  Unfortunately, many of the things that I do aren't what my idiotic mind considers to be worth doing in the first place, which is why I'm so lazy.  When I get invested in something, I can actually put a crazy amount of effort into it.  Can't wait until that happens again.

Edited by Refa