SF Interviews 2.0 - Florete

Julius Nepos

3 hours ago, Karimlan said:
  • Which Ys game did you start with?

Ys Origin is my fist Ys (and Falcom) game.

•  Whatcha think of fighting games (nope, I'm not talking about Smash here)?

I am not big on them tbh. Sure they can be fun with friends and stuff, but learning all the different button combinations to perform moves/combos is ugh, not what i am looking for in a game.

And that's the big difference between 'normal' fighting games and Smash. In Smash you can do everything with 2 Buttons, and why i love smash.

•  Interesting places you've been to, or events you've witnessed?

I've been to some places, but i don't think any of them are That interesting tbh. Most of the 'interesting' places i visited are historical places, like Museums and stuff. My City is, after all, full of historical stuff.

Although, i usually found the former Border between West & East Berlin super interesting, and learning about the events that happened there is always eye-opening, and how many people were trying to have freedom. Seeing the big sign ''You are now leaving/entering the American Sector'' at Checkpoint Charlie always made me imagine how it was back then. 

The Royal Mews/Buckingham Palace stables were also interesing. After all, you don't get to see the Queen's car everyday xD

The 'smaller' Pyramids in Egypt. Everyone knows about the big ones in Giza, but there also smaller ones and it was interesting to see them.

•  Were you more of a GDI guy, or was it NOD all the way?

''Peace. Through. Power'' All the way 😄

1.  Strange experience involving shrimp pizza?

Ketchup on Pizza is Heresy. So is Mayo on Pizza.

Pineapple on Pizza is good tho.

Edited by Shrimperor

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Rosalina said:
  • Which Nihon Falcom games have you played yet?

All officially translated Trails games
All officially translated Ys games
Zwei: The Ilvard Insurrection
and currently playing through Tokyo Xanadu ex+ (just started it yesterday)

•  What is your favorite Nihon Falcom game?

Trails in the Sky SC (which is also my #1 fav. game atm)
Very close to it are Trails in the Sky the 3rd and Ys 8 (#2 and #4, respectively)

•  Are you looking forward to Trails of Cold Steel 3?

Not that much, because i didn't play Crossbell yet (and i don't want to play CS3 before Crossbell), since i am waiting for the Geofront patch, and because no PC port was announced yet (i have no PS4, and don't plan on getting one).

Nisa being the localizer is also making me kinda wary, especially after the Ys 8 fiasco.

If PC port is announced before Geofront is out though, i will just play the current Crossbell fantl to get ready for it 😄

•  What has been your happiest day in your life yet?

Hmm

I think when i got my Bachelor degree. It was the first major thing i finally accomplished, so to say.

1.  How would you describe yourself in three words? 

Nerd, idealistic, lazy

i guess xD

6.  Have you ever tried mayonnaise on pizza before?  Just sounds like an odd combination to me.

7.  If you could add any new character to Smash Bros. no matter if s/he is from a game or not, who would you pick?

8.  What sort of experience was traveling Egypt like?

9.  What is your favorite season?

10.  If you had the ability to travel back in time or into the future, which direction would you want to go and hope to achieve?

47 minutes ago, Emperor_Siegfried said:

6.  Have you ever tried mayonnaise on pizza before?  Just sounds like an odd combination to me.

I didn't try it myself, but i've seen it. I utterly refuse to try such a thing.

7.  If you could add any new character to Smash Bros. no matter if s/he is from a game or not, who would you pick?

Dana from Ys8. I really really want a Falcom rep., however, Falcom's most iconic Character is Adol Christin, which is an ''anime Swordsman''. I don't want my guy Adol to be hated just because he is the most badass Sword user to ever exist.

Or Another FE character, just to see the smash community drown in Salt.

8.  What sort of experience was traveling Egypt like?

I didn't just travel there, i also lived there for a few years, so my experience might be a bit different from 'normal tourists'

anyway,

- Alot of People. Dear god, is Cairo full of People. 

- Alot of historical tourist places, especially when it comes to the country's Pharaonic heritage.

- Dust & Smoke. Air isn't really clean there in the cities.

- Cities on the Red Sea (Sharm el-Sheikh, Hurghada) are pretty cool places. They are (were?) the places tourists go to for swimming and diving. However, don't forget Sun Cream! 

- Tasty but unhealthy food xD. There's a dish called Koshary, which is Rice + noodles + lentil + Onions and more. A Picture of said dish.

- Places i still wanna visit there: Siwa Oasis (which my brother visited & LOVED) and Luxor, which should have most of the pharaonic attractions in Egypt. Problem is, Luxor is pretty damn hot (like 10°C hotter compared to northern egypt), since it in the South at all, so i really don't wanna go there in the summer.

- While alot of people are hospitable, alot also see tourists as walking money bags. One should be careful. Especially since the economic situation there isn't really good atm last i checked.

9.  What is your favorite season?

Spring. My perfect weather is 15-20°C + sunshine (or 20-25°C without sunshine), which is usually reached in Spring.

10.  If you had the ability to travel back in time or into the future, which direction would you want to go and hope to achieve?

Past and try to convince my parents to change some of their decisions.

Also tell myself to take care of my body and to stop eating so much.

Edited by Shrimperor

and currently playing through Tokyo Xanadu ex+ (just started it yesterday)

Oh, I have started it too recently (chapter 3 atm).

6. What are your first impressions of Tokyo Xanadu (if you have any)
7. Would you like to see a crossover with Falcom characters, and if so, what kind of crossover?
8. What is your most favorite videogame theme?
9. What is your most favorite not videogame music theme?
10. Who is your most favorite videogame character?

3 minutes ago, Rosalina said:

6. What are your first impressions of Tokyo Xanadu (if you have any)

i finished Ch1 + Ch1 Side Story.

it's like Cold Steel mixed with Zwei/Ys6 combat (Combat kinda janky, especially MC. White Shroud was pretty fun however)

4 minutes ago, Rosalina said:

7. Would you like to see a crossover with Falcom characters, and if so, what kind of crossover?

Yes, but honestly, dunno what kind of Crossover xD. I would be happy if we ever got Ys vs. Trails translated.

Or Adol/Dana in Smash.

6 minutes ago, Rosalina said:

8. What is your most favorite videogame theme?

That's a very hard one, since it changes pretty often. Here're the tracks i've been listening to alot lately, for example:

The Azure Arbitrator - Ao no Kiseki Final Boss theme

Gens d'Armes - Ys 8 Arrange

Voltage - Megadimension Neptunia

Providence - Megadimension Neptunia

The Way of the Embodied Dragon - Tales of Berseria Final Dungeon theme

However, since most of the Time the tracks i want to listen to are usually Falcom tracks, i put together a Falcom playlist, which i just open & set to shuffle whenever i am in the mood for some awesome music 😄

I also have a 'Selected Tracks' Playlist, which mostly consists of gaming Tracks i enjoyed and some Anime tracks.

26 minutes ago, Rosalina said:

9. What is your most favorite not videogame music theme?

does anime count?

That's another hard one tbh, especially since i haven't been listening to alot of non-gaming tracks lately.

I'll just post some of the Songs i used to listen to:

Alexander Rybak - Fairytale 

(I pretty much love anything with Violins! Lindsey Stirling does alot of awesome Violin Tracks!)

B.o.B - Airplanes

I also used to listen to Marit Larsen aloooooooooooooot. This Question sure brought back alot of Memories...

Silbermond - Krieger des Lichts I am starting to drown in Nostalgia, so i'll just post one more Song xD

Unheilig - Geboren um zu leben

I think that's enough, or i'll start searching for all the songs i used to listen to back then, and even the old german anime openings xD

49 minutes ago, Rosalina said:

10. Who is your most favorite videogame character?

(B)Estelle Bright

Hello, hi, hey! Some questions from me.

1. Obligatory first/current impressions question.
2. How did you discover your favorite video game?
3. Any character archetypes in games/anime you don't like?
4. Favorite movie/TV show?
5. Favorite food?

What is your favorite forum game?

Do you like shrimp more or lobster more?

If you have the ability and means to live anywhere in the world, where would you live? A fancy mansion in the countryside? A penthouse in Tokyo? Buckingham Palace? A whole skyscraper in the financial district of Manhattan? A tent in the wilderness?

If you can own any company in the world, which company would you own?

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

1. Obligatory first/current impressions question.

first impression: Atelier fan.
current impression: NepuNepuNepu Nepu! Fellow good taste user. Loves alot of the same games i do. Nice dude 😄

2. How did you discover your favorite video game?

Randomly searching a few years ago iirc (right before SC release). Back then, there weren't alot of JRPGs on Steam. Bought FC when SC was released, and after i finished FC i insta hoped into SC (which is my fav. video game)

Iirc being from the same developer as Ys origin might have something to do with it, since Ys oirigin was my first Facom game.

3. Any character archetypes in games/anime you don't like?

Characters who are overly Edgy/Emo, especially if they aren't done well enough or don't have a well enough reason to act like that. Extra bad if they are MC. As an example, a Character for that type i consider well done: Velvet Crowe from Tales of Berseria. She's one of the very few done very well.

Characters who give up and/or who regress.

Characters who betray their Families/Friends.

Characters who put their Nations/leaders over their own Morals/ideologies

Characters who're so naive, they want to bring back their terrorist 'friends' to live normal lifes. (Examples: Naruto <---> Sasuke, Rean <---> Crow). Absolutely detest those types. I get stopping your friend from doing something bad or even bringing him to justice yourself, but acting like nothing happened and that they can live like no one did anything absolutely drives me crazy.

Love Interests who've nothing do with the Story except being the love interest. I'd prefer the Characters to develop & grow together, and not just one waiting for the other to finish their Story. 

And Yanderes xD

4. Favorite movie/TV show?

Hmmmm

Interstellar, i guess.

I still have to watch Avengers: Endgame tho...

*googles*
It's still in Theaters O.o. Might go watch this weekend then.

5. Favorite food?

Shrimps! Shrimps in cream sauce! Grilled Shrimps!

xD

1 hour ago, XRay said:

What is your favorite forum game?

'Image War 'and 'What Would You Do If You Opened Your Door And Saw The Avatar Above You?'

The first one has sometimes amusing pictures, while the 2nd allows me to RP a bit without participating in a Full RP, since those do take alooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot of time

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Do you like shrimp more or lobster more?

Shrimps

1 hour ago, XRay said:

If you have the ability and means to live anywhere in the world, where would you live? A fancy mansion in the countryside? A penthouse in Tokyo? Buckingham Palace? A whole skyscraper in the financial district of Manhattan? A tent in the wilderness?

Does that include the ability to being able to move whenever i want? Because my Dream is to travel around & to get to know the world, after all, and staying a few months in each country would sure help me understand it more!

If not, i'd just get a nice big home/Villa where i live. Maybr in an area with alot of green & Trees. I do like my City, after all^^.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

If you can own any company in the world, which company would you own?

Nihon Falcom, so i could get games released over here faster.

Or all the weapon manufacturers and just dismantle them. The world could use less weapons.

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Does that include the ability to being able to move whenever i want? Because my Dream is to travel around & to get to know the world, after all, and staying a few months in each country would sure help me understand it more!

If not, i'd just get a nice big home/Villa where i live. Maybr in an area with alot of green & Trees. I do like my City, after all^^.

Nice. You can buy or rent a new house anywhere you go, so that counts.

What are the top 10 countries/cities/destinations you want to travel to?

If you get to receive something every time you go to a foreign destination, which of the following would you rather receive?
a. A million Euros (you can save it; you do not have to spend it all in the foreign country)
b. The hottest new girlfriend from the destination (you can have multiple girlfriends at a time)
c. Instantly learn the local languages and all the customs of the destination (if you travel to New York, I guess you instantly learn most of the world's languages)

Do you travel heavy or pack light?

What is your favorite mode of transportation? Plane? Ship? Train? Car?

If you can travel to any place except for real life Earth, where would you go? Moon? Mars? Andromeda galaxy? Pokémon world? Zenith (Fire Emblem Heroes)? Earth-199999 (Marvel Cinematic Universe)? Hogwarts? Heaven? Hell? A ten dimensional universe?

30 minutes ago, XRay said:

What are the top 10 countries/cities/destinations you want to travel to?

England <-- already done (atlhough i want to get there again. Maybe even other Parts of the UK. Really want to go to Scotland as well)
Japan (Hopefully i can do it next year...)
Russia 
Brazil 
Canada (Really really want to see the Niagara Falls)
Greece (My Dad loved it)
Spain 
Australia
New Zealand
Hawaii/US

If you get to receive something every time you go to a foreign destination, which of the following would you rather receive?
a. A million Euros (you can save it; you do not have to spend it all in the foreign country)
b. The hottest new girlfriend from the destination (you can have multiple girlfriends at a time)
c. Instantly learn the local languages and all the customs of the destination (if you travel to New York, I guess you instantly learn most of the world's languages)

If i have to choose between those, A. B makes me outright uncomfortable, since i dislike people who change gf/bf too fast. And what's the point of traveling and getting to know something if i instantly learn the customs? I want to see & learn them for myself^^ (Although instantly learning the language sure will help in making me learn the customs)

Do you travel heavy or pack light?

depends on how long i plan to/will stay in said place. 

What is your favorite mode of transportation? Plane? Ship? Train? Car?

Plane (even if it isn't exactly climate friendly...). Although if the destinantions are near each other, i could get a Train or a Ship to take in the sights instead 😄

If you can travel to any place except for real life Earth, where would you go? Moon? Mars? Andromeda galaxy? Pokémon world? Zenith (Fire Emblem Heroes)? Earth-199999 (Marvel Cinematic Universe)? Hogwarts? Heaven? Hell? A ten dimensional universe?

Zemuria! (from Legend of Heroes: Trails series)

I just love that world, and it feels so real with the amount of worldbuilding it has. Zeiss sounds like a dream place to live in.

Edited by Shrimperor

19 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Or Adol/Dana in Smash.

Adol has been on my list as well. 

The Way of the Embodied Dragon - Tales of Berseria Final Dungeon theme 

This one is so catchy. Unfortunately final boss theme was kinda underwhelming. 

😄

B.o.B - Airplanes

Hailey Williams 😍

19 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

(B)Estelle Bright

It is Bestelle Right! 

11. Do you like the idea of Fire Emblem bringing up simulation aspects? 

12. Which Fire Emblem would come closest to your personality? 

13. What do you think how your life will be ten years later? 

32 minutes ago, Rosalina said:

11. Do you like the idea of Fire Emblem bringing up simulation aspects? 

By Simulation aspects you mean the relationship aspects, then no, i am not really a big fan of them. Although i heard FE16 did alot better this time around, so gotta wait and see.

Please correct me if i misunderstood your question^^

12. Which Fire Emblem would come closest to your personality? 

Hmm. Hard one...

And honestly, i don't think i have an answer to that one haha. The closest one i could relate to was probably Ike, but even he is too different from who i am.

13. What do you think how your life will be ten years later? 

I honestly don't know..

I mean, i did have plans and all, but the illness but alot of '?' through my plans. For example, my goal was to continue studies & research until Ph.D., but i don't know if i want to do that anymore, or if i am even able to. 

Most probaly working somewhere though xD

Edited by Shrimperor

5 hours ago, Rosalina said:

14. Asuke or Sora? 

I don't know much of them to decide yet. 

5 hours ago, Rosalina said:

15. How did you find your interview? 

I expected less users to ask me questions tbh. But i didn't mind it.

Infact, i was surprised when i found out i was getting nominated over here last week haha.

Would you rather have the power to open teleportation gates to anywhere or travel faster than light? Why?

Do you like to travel alone or in a group? If you like to travel in a group, do you have an ideal group size?

On 7/25/2019 at 9:49 PM, AnonymousSpeed said:

If you were required to pick one food item to be personified into a significant other with which you would spend the rest of your days, which food item would you choose and why?

What main cast size produces the best team dynamics?

10 hours ago, XRay said:

Would you rather have the power to open teleportation gates to anywhere or travel faster than light? Why?

Teleportation gates. Then i can go whereever i want whenever i want.
Well, i could do the same with faster then light speed, but we still don't know exactly what happens when traveling faster than that. We came close to the Speed of light at the Hadron Collider afaik, but didn't exceed it yet.

10 hours ago, XRay said:

Do you like to travel alone or in a group? If you like to travel in a group, do you have an ideal group size?

Group, i think. While i usually travel alone, i think it would be more fun to be in a group. Ideal Size would be 4-5 i think. Still want to plan a big holiday with my group sometimes and go some place haha.

9 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

What main cast size produces the best team dynamics?

I don't know if that question is directed at me, but if it is, i think 6-8 make a pretty good size cast. Any more and it will be bloated and some characters will get thrown under the bus

Edited by Shrimperor

15 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

I don't know if that question is directed at me, but if it is, i think 6-8 make a pretty good size cast. Any more and it will be bloated and some characters will get thrown under the bus

Yes, correct. The quote was to indicate that I would like to hear your answer to the question in the quote as well.

35 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

The quote was to indicate that I would like to hear your answer to the question in the quote as well.

>If you were required to pick one food item to be personified into a significant other with which you would spend the rest of your days, which food item would you choose and why?

🤔 🤔 🤔

:XD:

i don't know how i can answer that, at all xD

It will be weird to spend my life with the personification of something i used to eat xD

But to stay in Character, since i am the Empror of the Shrimps, I would like a Shrimpress as well.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

>If you were required to pick one food item to be personified into a significant other with which you would spend the rest of your days, which food item would you choose and why?

🤔 🤔 🤔

:XD:

i don't know how i can answer that, at all xD

It will be weird to spend my life with the personification of something i used to eat xD

But to stay in Character, since i am the Empror of the Shrimps, I would like a Shrimpress as well.

The oddity is part of why it's such a great question.

3. What are the moral obligations we have towards our romantic partners?

4. Is a story which executes interesting themes in a mediocre way better or worse than one which executes mundane or overplayed themes very well?

5. How do you like your shrimp?

43 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

3. What are the moral obligations we have towards our romantic partners?

To never betray them, and to support them whenever needed, and to always take them into consideration during important decisions.

4. Is a story which executes interesting themes in a mediocre way better or worse than one which executes mundane or overplayed themes very well?

2nd one. An interesting theme executed badly just leaves me with ''that could've been done much better, if only..'' and ''lost potential'' feeling after i finish it, and doesn't satisfy me.

A Theme that i've seen before done well however usually satisfies me in some capacity

5. How do you like your shrimp?

either in Cream sauce or grilled

Edited by Shrimperor