Shin Megami Tensei IV: Final

Jedi

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did they confirmed how many years (or months) does the Final take place after the original Shin Megami Tensei IV? I noticed that Flynn, Walter, Isabeau, and Jonathan looked like they haven't changed in this game. (I'm probably guessing this game story setting could be take place not that far)

Edited by King Marth 64

Did they confirmed how many years (or months) does the Final take place after the original Shin Megami Tensei IV? I noticed that Flynn, Walter, Isabeau, and Jonathan looked like they haven't changed in this game. (I'm probably guessing this game story setting could be take place not that far)

Don't quote me on this, but I think Final is an alternate timeline wherein the late game of IV took a left turn when

the old gods invaded like the Fire Nation,

creating a new complication,

setting the stage to let dead god Dagda off the reservation.

And the biggest indication,

Is Navarre's exhumation,

indicating that he died after his hurried relocation.

Also red girl new fixation,

with Lady Danu's congregation

Because Nozomi took the lead for Black Maria's organization

Mike drop

Hellelujah is Asura-kai, while Toki is Ring of Gaia and has a bone to pick with Miroku (aka evil Buddha).

That leaves us with two hunters, one Asura-kai, one Ring of Gaia, and three (and a half) Samurai as our partners

SMT4F-Famitsu_12-22-15_Screen.jpg

With a name like Hallelujah I'd thought he would be Law-aligned. xD

Is Gaston a Samurai? If that's the case, we should have seen him in SMTIV. -_-

[spoiler=SMTIV plot Spoilers]The 'Jonathan' and 'Walter' you see in the PV are actually Merhabah and Lucifer, respectively, taking the form of their hosts. So Walter and Jonathan are technically still dead.

This game takes place right when the Neutral Route begins in SMTIV. It's probably another timeline.

Don't quote me on this, but I think Final is an alternate timeline wherein the late game of IV took a left turn when

the old gods invaded like the Fire Nation,

creating a new complication,

setting the stage to let dead god Dagda off the reservation.

And the biggest indication,

Is Navarre's exhumation,

indicating that he died after his hurried relocation.

Also red girl new fixation,

with Lady Danu's congregation

Because Nozomi took the lead for Black Maria's organization

Mike drop

Damn, son.

Edited by Leif

• 4 weeks later...

I've just realized how long it has been since this thread hasn't been updated even with more information about the game coming.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPMpOwktBrcAGaFa_Rmetm-HrTeMOagcx

A lot of videos showcasing characters have been uploaded. Alongside some commercials and most significantly, a second PV and a non-footage video that tells the mythological story behind Dagda.

Edited by OakTree

Any guesses for the western release date?

SMT IV is one of my favorite 3DS games, so I'm really hyped for this

Lets see... February 10th is when it comes out in Japan.

with SMT IV, they got it in May while we got it in July, so I'm going to make a silly guess and aim for April.

I've just realized how long it has been since this thread hasn't been updated even with more information about the game coming.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPMpOwktBrcAGaFa_Rmetm-HrTeMOagcx

A lot of videos showcasing characters have been uploaded. Alongside some commercials and most significantly, a second PV and a non-footage video that tells the mythological story behind Dagda.

Someone please explain what's going on in the Dagda hospital scene.

Also, Lady Danu is back and is the wife of Dagda. Interesting. I remember reading about Lady Danu in Medieval English Literature.

I'm not watching all those videos. . .so which one has the hospital scene, and where in the video?

Also, Lady Danu is back and is the wife of Dagda. Interesting. I remember reading about Lady Danu in Medieval English Literature.

It's just the protagonist telling the mythological story of Dagda, apparently, Krishna will also receive a trailer of similar fashion soon.

I'm not watching all those videos. . .so which one has the hospital scene, and where in the video?

and a non-footage video that tells the mythological story behind Dagda.

From OakTree's post

It's the whole video

Edited by Pixelman

Bad, bad Dagda. You don't touch my waifu. Ever.

Hmmm... Dio's art doesn't do it for me. I still like Kaneko's.

Adramelech looks cool, but Inanna... what the heck?

How would that monster even move around? -_-

EDIT:

I like how Dio improves the art from the guest artists in SMTIV, but his original designs are hit or miss.

Dagda, Adramelech, and Danu are amazing. Inanna and Odin just don't work for me.

Dio's human artwork is fine. I think Kaneko's humans are better when they are 3D rendered (like in Digital Devil Saga and Nocturne). His 2D human artworks make them look a bit alien.

Edited by Leif

I like Inanna but think she needs more human proportions and an actual face. Kaneko was never really one for exaggerated proportions such as with Soejima's Personas and many of his demons look like people dressing up and costuming themselves as beings from myth, which I like. Odin bores me and I wish Doi just redrew the design that's been dormant since Soul Hackers, like how Kaneko recolored Horkos for Strange Journey. I like Adramelech quite a bit for staying close to the Dictionnaire Infernal illustration while adding flourishes.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been watching streams and stuff for this game, and it's totally awesome. From what I can grasp about the story, it's way better than SMTIV, and the gameplay seems more balanced due to the smirking changes. I've also learned that your partners (Ghost!Navarre, Mikado Guy, Asahi, etc) each have unique ways of helping you in-battle. That's a great change, I think.

So far, the only person who has been consistently posting screenshots and videos is currently going through the Peace route, in which you side with Lady Danu and your buddies. He hasn't posted anything recently, but he is nearly done with the route from I can tell.

I can post information that I know of if you guys want me to.

I knew that SMTIV Final would be better. I want to avoid spoilers in general, but I'd love to have general info minus spoilers.

I hope we get it very soon!

Here's what I know:

Smirk works differently in this game. You no longer get insane temporary stat boosts. Instead, Smirking will cause your next attack, whether it's physical or magical, to crit. Some attacks will have added effects when used during Smirk, too. Hama and Mudo spells will OHKO instead of just dealing damage if used while Smirking.

Fiends are confirmed to be way easier to obtain. The leaker I was following had posted his compendium which included David, Matador, the Four Riders, and Mother Harlot. He had them all before he even locked himself into the Peace route.

When you beat the game, you still get the option to reincarnate or start over completely. However, there's now a third option called "see another ending" (or something along those lines) that places you back to the route split so that you can choose a different ending if you want to.

There are definitely new skills in this game. However, the only one I've seen is Almighty Pleroma, and that was exclusive to a very, very special demon.

That's all I know of so far.

Here's what I know:

Smirk works differently in this game. You no longer get insane temporary stat boosts. Instead, Smirking will cause your next attack, whether it's physical or magical, to crit. Some attacks will have added effects when used during Smirk, too. Hama and Mudo spells will OHKO instead of just dealing damage if used while Smirking.

Fiends are confirmed to be way easier to obtain. The leaker I was following had posted his compendium which included David, Matador, the Four Riders, and Mother Harlot. He had them all before he even locked himself into the Peace route.

When you beat the game, you still get the option to reincarnate or start over completely. However, there's now a third option called "see another ending" (or something along those lines) that places you back to the route split so that you can choose a different ending if you want to.

There are definitely new skills in this game. However, the only one I've seen is Almighty Pleroma, and that was exclusive to a very, very special demon.

That's all I know of so far.

Awesome. Smirking was broken in SMTIV. Nice that you can...

chose another ending at the route split instead of playing through the whole damn game again.

On another note...

I'm glad that they are straying form traditional Law/Chaos/Neutral split and going for more "Nocturne-inspired" ending styles, where there isn't a definitive Law/Chaos overtone.

Awesome. Smirking was broken in SMTIV. Nice that you can...

chose another ending at the route split instead of playing through the whole damn game again.

On another note...

I'm glad that they are straying form traditional Law/Chaos/Neutral split and going for more "Nocturne-inspired" ending styles, where there isn't a definitive Law/Chaos overtone.

I like that a lot, too.

I'm wondering how the Neutral/Deep Neutral/Polytheism routes will turn out.

I've been watching streams and stuff for this game, and it's totally awesome. From what I can grasp about the story, it's way better than SMTIV, and the gameplay seems more balanced due to the smirking changes. I've also learned that your partners (Ghost!Navarre, Mikado Guy, Asahi, etc) each have unique ways of helping you in-battle. That's a great change, I think.

So far, the only person who has been consistently posting screenshots and videos is currently going through the Peace route, in which you side with Lady Danu and your buddies. He hasn't posted anything recently, but he is nearly done with the route from I can tell.

I can post information that I know of if you guys want me to.

I'm interested in checking it out; could you link me a vod or someone who streams the game? I just found one guy on Twitch who played the game for about an hour, and no matter how I try I don't get any more search results.

I'm interested in checking it out; could you link me a vod or someone who streams the game? I just found one guy on Twitch who played the game for about an hour, and no matter how I try I don't get any more search results.

I watched that person, too. There's also another guy who streamed on hitbox, but I didn't follow that one for long.

I've mostly been following this one guy who's been posting imgur albums of various in-game images on Gamefaqs. I can link you to those if you want.

I watched that person, too. There's also another guy who streamed on hitbox, but I didn't follow that one for long.

I've mostly been following this one guy who's been posting imgur albums of various in-game images on Gamefaqs. I can link you to those if you want.

Ah, I saw that too, but it removes so much of the atmosphere. I suppose I'll have to wait for a proper let's play, although I wonder how long that's going to take.

From the VERY little I've seen, it seems kind of sweet. Can't stand the protagonist's look though, and why does everyone call him nameless?

Edited by Thane